|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What treat does Isaac share with Little Sister in Chapter 11?
2. What do some of the girls get from playing in the grass at Bible School?
3. What is Willa Jo's reaction when Mrs. Biddle tells the girls that Aunt Patty is doing her best?
4. Willa Jo and Little Sister are most worried about ___________________.
5. What does Aunt Patty keep in a glass case?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Cynthia Wainwright antagonizes the girls when she comes for a visit.
2. What was life like for Willa Jo, Little Sister and their mother after Baby died?
3. Why is Willa Jo envious of the relationship Liz has with her mother?
4. What lessons has Aunt Patty learned by having the girls with her for awhile?
5. What are Aunt Patty's laments regarding people's lack of appreciation for her?
6. Explain the story Uncle Hob tells the girls about the summer he spent with his grandfather after his grandmother died.
7. Who is Elizabeth Fingers and how do the girls meet her?
8. What recurring dream does Willa Jo have and what does she do upon waking?
9. Why is Willa Jo especially sensitive about keeping Little Sister safe?
10. Describe what happened in the house on the morning that Baby died.
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Uncle Hob. What did he look like? What were his positive personality traits? What were his dreams and fears? What was most valuable to him in his world?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Milly. What is her role in the story? What was the author trying to accomplish by developing Milly's character in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Grief takes on an almost human persona in this book. What was the source of the family's grief? What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
This section contains 1,882 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)