|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What issue concerns Patty about Noreen?
2. What is Aunt Patty's demeanor in #20?
3. Where are most of the girls in the Bible School eating lunch?
4. Aunt Patty announces that the girls will be attending _______________________.
5. What is the name of Willa Jo's group at Bible School?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Aunt Patty's behavior when Little Sister rearranges the Hummel figurines in the glass case.
2. Why are Aunt Patty's pleas for the girls to come down off the roof futile?
3. What is Willa Jo doing at the beginning of the book which irritates and frustrates her Aunt Patty?
4. What warnings does Aunt Patty give the girls about the family across the street?
5. How does Isaac befriend Little Sister?
6. What act does Aunt Patty put on when Mrs. Teasley sees the girls on the roof?
7. Why does Aunt Patty eventually offer to take Willa Jo and Little Sister for awhile?
8. Why is Willa Jo envious of the relationship Liz has with her mother?
9. What are some of the rules that Aunt Patty has in her house?
10. Why is Willa Jo especially sensitive about keeping Little Sister safe?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain Audrey Couloumbis' use of regionalism in the book. Cite examples of at least two different instances of regionalism and explain why the author used them where she did.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Uncle Hob. What did he look like? What were his positive personality traits? What were his dreams and fears? What was most valuable to him in his world?
Essay Topic 3
Audrey Couloumbis is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphor, and irony, and briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
This section contains 1,060 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)