|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Liz' youngest brother?
2. What does Isaac bring to Little Sister?
3. What issue concerns Patty about Noreen?
4. How does Little Sister communicate?
5. Which Bible School student comes over to eat with Willa Jo and Little Sister?
Short Essay Questions
1. What warnings does Aunt Patty give the girls about the family across the street?
2. How does Cynthia's mother indicate that she knows her daughter is misbehaving while playing with the girls?
3. What reasons does Aunt Patty have for wanting the girls to play with Cynthia Wainwright?
4. Why is Willa Jo especially sensitive about keeping Little Sister safe?
5. Why are Willa Jo and Little Sister staying with Aunt Patty, and how long will they be there?
6. What is Willa Jo doing at the beginning of the book which irritates and frustrates her Aunt Patty?
7. How does Isaac befriend Little Sister?
8. How does Aunt Patty begin to change her mind about the Fingers kids?
9. What is revealed about the time surrounding Baby's death which explains why Willa Jo and Little Sister want to sit on the roof at Aunt Patty's house?
10. Why does the trip to the chocolate store turn unpleasant for Willa Jo?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Aunt Patty. What did she look like? What were her positive personality traits? What were her dreams and fears? What was most valuable to her in her world?
Essay Topic 2
What is the greatest lesson Willa Jo learns from Uncle Hob? Is it true that important lessons are also painful ones? What will Willa Jo always recall about Uncle Hob and how he was able to reach out to her that summer?
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of pride. Identify at least two instances about pride in the book and then cite examples to support your answer.
This section contains 1,080 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)