|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why must the girls enter the house through the garage?
2. Who is Elizabeth?
3. Who does Liz bring with her to Aunt Patty's house in Chapter 9?
4. Which of the following best describes Aunt Patty?
5. What does Aunt Patty tell Willa Jo about Liz?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Miss Pettibone do when Willa Jo says she is going to the drugstore to call Aunt Patty?
2. Why has Aunt Patty joined the others sitting on the roof?
3. How does Aunt Patty surprise Noreen and the girls one day while they are napping?
4. Explain how Aunt Patty's control issues frustrate her regarding the girls.
5. How does Liz respond to Aunt Patty who tries to make Liz feel bad by saying that her nieces associate with Cynthia Wainwright?
6. What reasons does Aunt Patty have for wanting the girls to play with Cynthia Wainwright?
7. Explain the story Uncle Hob tells the girls about the summer he spent with his grandfather after his grandmother died.
8. What did Willa Jo and Little Sister's mother tell them about where Baby went?
9. What are Willa Jo and Little Sister doing that makes Aunt Patty so upset and especially frustrated with Willa Jo?
10. Why do Aunt Patty and Uncle Hob seem to enjoy sitting on the roof with the girls?
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Willa Jo. What did she look like? What were her positive personality traits? What were her dreams and fears? What was most valuable to her in her world?
Essay Topic 2
There are several events of foreshadowing in "Getting Near to Baby". Define foreshadowing. Cite at least two situations in the story that serve as foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Noreen. What did she look like? What were her positive personality traits? What were her dreams and fears? What was most valuable to her in her world?
This section contains 1,771 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)