|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Isaac bring to Little Sister?
2. What does Aunt Patty buy for the girls in the store in #26?
3. Who does Liz bring with her to Aunt Patty's house in Chapter 9?
4. What is Willa Jo's reaction when Mrs. Biddle tells the girls that Aunt Patty is doing her best?
5. Which of the following best describes Aunt Patty?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Aunt Patty feel when she hears the girls tell their mother that they want to come home?
2. Why are Willa Jo and Little Sister staying with Aunt Patty, and how long will they be there?
3. What warnings does Aunt Patty give the girls about the family across the street?
4. What did Willa Jo and Little Sister's mother tell them about where Baby went?
5. What act does Aunt Patty put on when Mrs. Teasley sees the girls on the roof?
6. Who does Aunt Patty threaten to call if the girls won't come down from the roof and how does Willa Jo stonewall her?
7. Who is Cynthia Wainwright and how do the girls meet her?
8. What is Willa Jo doing at the beginning of the book which irritates and frustrates her Aunt Patty?
9. What was life like for Willa Jo, Little Sister and their mother after Baby died?
10. What are some of the rules that Aunt Patty has in her house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of pride. Identify at least two instances about pride in the book and then cite examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the overall setting for the story. Why does the author use the setting she does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Willa Jo. What did she look like? What were her positive personality traits? What were her dreams and fears? What was most valuable to her in her world?
This section contains 1,142 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)