|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What game do Isaac and Little Sister play?
2. What does Cynthia hide in her dress when she visits the girls?
3. Where are most of the girls in the Bible School eating lunch?
4. What does Uncle Hob tell Aunt Patty to get for him after he sees the girls on the roof?
5. What does Elizabeth say that makes Willa Jo sob?
Short Essay Questions
1. What recurring dream does Willa Jo have and what does she do upon waking?
2. What warnings does Aunt Patty give the girls about the family across the street?
3. Why was the girls' father gone from home so much and what suggestion did Aunt Patty have for Noreen and the girls?
4. Why do all the other girls blame Willa Jo when Miss Pettibone gets upset with them?
5. How does Little Sister communicate since she has stopped talking, and what does Aunt Patty think about it?
6. Explain the story Uncle Hob tells the girls about the summer he spent with his grandfather after his grandmother died.
7. What does Miss Pettibone do when Willa Jo says she is going to the drugstore to call Aunt Patty?
8. How does Aunt Patty surprise Noreen and the girls one day while they are napping?
9. What is revealed about the time surrounding Baby's death which explains why Willa Jo and Little Sister want to sit on the roof at Aunt Patty's house?
10. What message is Uncle Hob hoping the girls get from his story about staying with his grieving grandfather?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the lives of Willa Jo and Liz. How are their circumstances similar? In what ways are their lives different? What draws them together to make them friends? What could have threatened to kill a friendship even before it began?
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Noreen. What did she look like? What were her positive personality traits? What were her dreams and fears? What was most valuable to her in her world?
Essay Topic 3
What is the greatest lesson Willa Jo learns from Aunt Patty? Is it that important lessons are also painful ones? What will Willa Jo always recall about her experiences during her twelfth summer?
This section contains 1,838 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)