|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Bible School student comes over to eat with Willa Jo and Little Sister?
2. Which of the following does NOT describe Elizabeth?
3. What does Aunt Patty do when Willa Jo and Little Sister refuse to come down off the roof?
4. How many pets does Aunt Patty have?
5. What does Isaac call Aunt Patty?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the rules that Aunt Patty has in her house?
2. Why does Aunt Patty eventually offer to take Willa Jo and Little Sister for awhile?
3. What is revealed about the time surrounding Baby's death which explains why Willa Jo and Little Sister want to sit on the roof at Aunt Patty's house?
4. How does Aunt Patty begin to change her mind about the Fingers kids?
5. Why does Willa Jo resent Uncle Hob's response to the girls' new clothes and why does Willa Jo think that Aunt Patty doesn't know much about children?
6. What act does Aunt Patty put on when Mrs. Teasley sees the girls on the roof?
7. How does Willa Jo override Miss Pettibone's authority by removing Little Sister from the threat of ticks during lunchtime?
8. How has Aunt Patty probably misjudged Liz Fingers?
9. How does Isaac befriend Little Sister?
10. How does Aunt Patty show her intense frustration about Willa Jo to Mrs. Biddle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Aunt Patty. What did she look like? What were her positive personality traits? What were her dreams and fears? What was most valuable to her in her world?
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Uncle Hob. What did he look like? What were his positive personality traits? What were his dreams and fears? What was most valuable to him in his world?
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of pride. Identify at least two instances about pride in the book and then cite examples to support your answer.
This section contains 1,068 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)