|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Liz's brother store and horde things?
2. What does Willa Jo notice about Mrs. Finger?
3. Which of the following does NOT describe how Willa Jo thinks her mother sounds on the phone?
4. Which of the following is NOT true about Isaac's interactions with Little Sister?
5. Who is one of the Bible School teachers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Willa Jo and Little Sister doing that makes Aunt Patty so upset and especially frustrated with Willa Jo?
2. Describe how Cynthia Wainwright antagonizes the girls when she comes for a visit.
3. How does Aunt Patty react when Little Sister brings all the newts into the kitchen?
4. Who is Miss Pettibone and why is she irritated with Little Sister?
5. Why is Willa Jo envious of the relationship Liz has with her mother?
6. How does Aunt Patty feel when she hears the girls tell their mother that they want to come home?
7. Why does Aunt Patty eventually offer to take Willa Jo and Little Sister for awhile?
8. How does Aunt Patty surprise Noreen and the girls one day while they are napping?
9. Why are Aunt Patty's pleas for the girls to come down off the roof futile?
10. How does Aunt Patty show her intense frustration about Willa Jo to Mrs. Biddle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Milly. What is her role in the story? What was the author trying to accomplish by developing Milly's character in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Aunt Patty. What did she look like? What were her positive personality traits? What were her dreams and fears? What was most valuable to her in her world?
Essay Topic 3
What is the greatest lesson Willa Jo learns from Aunt Patty? Is it that important lessons are also painful ones? What will Willa Jo always recall about her experiences during her twelfth summer?
This section contains 1,251 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)