|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Miss Pettibone threatens to call the girls' mothers if they don't _____________________.
(a) join in the singing.
(b) finish their drawings.
(c) play kickball.
(d) read their Bible verses.
2. What does Noreen decide made Baby so sick?
(a) Sun poisoning.
(b) The water she drank.
(c) The hot dog she ate.
(d) A spider bite.
3. What has Aunt Patty done that surprises Willa Jo?
(a) She has called Mrs. Finger for advice.
(b) She has kissed Uncle Hob on the front lawn.
(c) She has gone to the grocery in her gardening clothes.
(d) She has invited the Finger family to dinner.
4. Why is Little Sister upset at Aunt Patty?
(a) She makes her eat peas.
(b) She won't let her have dessert.
(c) She threw out her June bug.
(d) She puts her hair in ponytails.
5. A dream about _______________ wakens Willa Jo.
(a) Miss Pettibone.
(b) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Noreen talk to a lot of times while her husband was away?
2. Aunt Patty wants to hold Little Sister upside down or ________________ to make her talk.
3. What is one of Aunt Patty's grievances at the house?
4. Why was Willa Jo secretly happy that Aunt Patty showed up?
5. What does Willa Jo want more than anything?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do all the other girls blame Willa Jo when Miss Pettibone gets upset with them?
2. Explain the story Uncle Hob tells the girls about the summer he spent with his grandfather after his grandmother died.
3. What type of emotion does Aunt Patty show when she asks if Little Sister had drunk any of the water at the carnival?
4. What insight does Uncle Hob offer as to why Noreen is coming to get the girls?
5. How does the author end the story on a hopeful note?
6. What was the nuclear family of Willa Jo and Little Sister prior to Baby's birth?
7. How do Aunt Patty and Uncle Hob differ in their approaches to relating to the girls?
8. What does Aunt Patty suggest they do to get Little Sister to talk, and how does that send Willa Jo over the edge with her aunt?
9. What type of painting did Noreen create which she hoped would help the girls understand Baby's death?
10. What does Uncle Hob do to ingratiate himself to the girls while they're sitting on the roof?
This section contains 1,302 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)