|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Miss Pettibone threatens to call the girls' mothers if they don't _____________________.
(a) join in the singing.
(b) play kickball.
(c) read their Bible verses.
(d) finish their drawings.
2. What does Willa Jo find her mother doing the morning after Baby's funeral?
(a) Making phone calls.
(b) Watching the sunrise.
(c) Sitting in the dark smoking cigarettes.
(d) Crying in Baby's room.
3. What does Uncle Hob recall about the summer he spent with his grandfather?
(a) He learned how to drive a car that summer.
(b) He learned how to drive a tractor that summer.
(c) He kissed a girl for the first time that summer.
(d) He learned to cry that summer.
4. What did the doctors ask when Noreen, Milly and the girls went to the hospital?
(a) What everyone ate and drank at the carnival.
(b) If the girls had their inoculations.
(c) If Baby had been sick for awhile.
(d) If Noreen gave aspirin to Baby.
5. Why do Willa Jo and Little Sister decide to sit on the bench outside the drugstore?
(a) They are not allowed inside the store.
(b) Little Sister has a blister on her foot.
(c) They don't have money to make a phone call.
(d) They are waiting for Miss Pettibone to take them back to Bible School.
Short Answer Questions
1. Aunt Patty introduces Little Sister as ______________.
2. Where did Noreen get the water for Baby at the carnival?
3. Who is the gossip in Aunt Patty's neighborhood?
4. What does Aunt Patty say to Willa Jo that lets her know she is fed up with her?
5. Why is Little Sister upset at Aunt Patty?
Short Essay Questions
1. What recurring dream does Willa Jo have and what does she do upon waking?
2. What was the nuclear family of Willa Jo and Little Sister prior to Baby's birth?
3. What type of emotion does Aunt Patty show when she asks if Little Sister had drunk any of the water at the carnival?
4. How do Aunt Patty and Uncle Hob differ in their approaches to relating to the girls?
5. What does Miss Pettibone do when Willa Jo says she is going to the drugstore to call Aunt Patty?
6. Why do all the other girls blame Willa Jo when Miss Pettibone gets upset with them?
7. Why has Aunt Patty joined the others sitting on the roof?
8. What lessons has Aunt Patty learned by having the girls with her for awhile?
9. Describe what happened in the house on the morning that Baby died.
10. What type of painting did Noreen create which she hoped would help the girls understand Baby's death?
This section contains 1,342 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)