|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Willa Jo want more than anything?
(a) To get a new party dress.
(b) To go to Disney World.
(c) To go home.
(d) To take swimming lessons.
2. A dream about _______________ wakens Willa Jo.
(a) Miss Pettibone.
(b) Her mother.
3. Why does Noreen think Baby is fussy on the way home?
(a) She must be hungry.
(b) She must be teething.
(c) She must be sleepy.
(d) She must need a diaper change.
4. What does Willa Jo find her mother doing the morning after Baby's funeral?
(a) Sitting in the dark smoking cigarettes.
(b) Watching the sunrise.
(c) Crying in Baby's room.
(d) Making phone calls.
5. What was Baby's real name?
(a) Joy Ellen Dean.
(b) Jacqueline Eva Dean.
(c) Janine Elaine Dean.
(d) Jamie Elise Dean.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Noreen and Milly take the kids one day?
2. How is Noreen traveling to Aunt Patty's house?
3. What has Aunt Patty done that surprises Willa Jo?
4. Who scolded Noreen for letting herself go after Baby's death?
5. Aunt Patty wants to hold Little Sister upside down or ________________ to make her talk.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Aunt Patty suggest taking the girls home with her for awhile and how does Willa Jo secretly feel about it?
2. What was the nuclear family of Willa Jo and Little Sister prior to Baby's birth?
3. Explain the story Uncle Hob tells the girls about the summer he spent with his grandfather after his grandmother died.
4. What type of emotion does Aunt Patty show when she asks if Little Sister had drunk any of the water at the carnival?
5. Explain the symbolism of Willa Jo's dream and why Willa Jo is so angry.
6. What recurring dream does Willa Jo have and what does she do upon waking?
7. Describe what happened in the house on the morning that Baby died.
8. What insight does Uncle Hob offer as to why Noreen is coming to get the girls?
9. What behavior was Noreen exhibiting that showed her depression and why was Willa Jo happy that Aunt Patty arrived?
10. Why was the girls' father gone from home so much and what suggestion did Aunt Patty have for Noreen and the girls?
This section contains 1,274 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)