|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Noreen talk to a lot of times while her husband was away?
2. Aunt Patty wants to hold Little Sister upside down or ________________ to make her talk.
(a) slap her.
(b) pinch her.
(c) sit on her.
(d) squeeze her.
3. What does Aunt Patty tell Noreen about being on the roof?
(a) It is very hot.
(b) She wouldn't believe the view.
(c) It's a great place to have a family chat.
(d) It is slippery in spots.
4. Where does Noreen say that she can see Baby's face?
(a) In every child.
(b) In the sunrise.
(c) In her heart.
(d) In her mind.
5. What is the only thing that Noreen would do after Baby died?
Short Answer Questions
1. Aunt Patty introduces Little Sister as ______________.
2. What does Noreen decide made Baby so sick?
3. Who is the gossip in Aunt Patty's neighborhood?
4. What was Willa Jo secretly appreciative of about Aunt Patty?
5. Willa Jo has a scary dream about Baby ____________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was the girls' father gone from home so much and what suggestion did Aunt Patty have for Noreen and the girls?
2. What type of painting did Noreen create which she hoped would help the girls understand Baby's death?
3. What lessons has Aunt Patty learned by having the girls with her for awhile?
4. What behavior was Noreen exhibiting that showed her depression and why was Willa Jo happy that Aunt Patty arrived?
5. How do Aunt Patty and Uncle Hob differ in their approaches to relating to the girls?
6. How does the author end the story on a hopeful note?
7. What does Aunt Patty suggest they do to get Little Sister to talk, and how does that send Willa Jo over the edge with her aunt?
8. What type of emotion does Aunt Patty show when she asks if Little Sister had drunk any of the water at the carnival?
9. What message is Uncle Hob hoping the girls get from his story about staying with his grieving grandfather?
10. Describe what happened in the house on the morning that Baby died.
This section contains 1,294 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)