|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Noreen send Willa Jo to get help when Baby was sick?
(a) Her father.
(d) Aunt Patty.
2. What is one of Aunt Patty's grievances at the house?
(a) Uncle Hob has to be reminded to take out the trash.
(b) No one appreciates her.
(c) Everyone tracks in mud through the kitchen.
(d) She always has to ask for help with the dishes.
3. What is the only thing Noreen would do after Baby's death?
4. What has Aunt Patty done that surprises Willa Jo?
(a) She has kissed Uncle Hob on the front lawn.
(b) She has called Mrs. Finger for advice.
(c) She has gone to the grocery in her gardening clothes.
(d) She has invited the Finger family to dinner.
5. How did Little Sister show that she needed some comfort on the morning Baby was sick?
(a) She walked around the house whining all morning.
(b) She wouldn't leave her mother's side.
(c) She carried her doll with her all morning.
(d) She sat on Willa Jo's lap and sucked her thumb.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Willa Jo notice as she runs back home after seeking help the person in #133?
2. What game do the girls play with the roof tiles?
3. What does Willa Jo tell Uncle Hob that she and Little Sister would like to have returned to them?
4. What does Aunt Patty want Uncle Hob to do when she appears at the dormer window?
5. How many children does the woman in #116 have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Uncle Hob do to ingratiate himself to the girls while they're sitting on the roof?
2. Why was the girls' father gone from home so much and what suggestion did Aunt Patty have for Noreen and the girls?
3. What was the nuclear family of Willa Jo and Little Sister prior to Baby's birth?
4. Describe what happened in the house on the morning that Baby died.
5. How does the author end the story on a hopeful note?
6. Why does Willa Jo associate Baby's death with the sunrise?
7. Why does Aunt Patty suggest taking the girls home with her for awhile and how does Willa Jo secretly feel about it?
8. Why has Aunt Patty joined the others sitting on the roof?
9. Why do Aunt Patty and Uncle Hob seem to enjoy sitting on the roof with the girls?
10. What behavior was Noreen exhibiting that showed her depression and why was Willa Jo happy that Aunt Patty arrived?
This section contains 1,205 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)