|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What grocery store does Aunt Patty take Willa Jo and Little Sister to one day?
(b) Piggly Wiggly.
(c) Whole Foods.
2. What do Noreen and the girls watch at the beginning of Chapter 19?
(a) A movie.
(c) Good Morning America.
(d) The sunrise.
3. How is Uncle Hob dressed when he crawls out onto the roof?
(b) Shirt and tie.
(d) Swim trunks.
4. How did Little Sister show that she needed some comfort on the morning Baby was sick?
(a) She walked around the house whining all morning.
(b) She carried her doll with her all morning.
(c) She wouldn't leave her mother's side.
(d) She sat on Willa Jo's lap and sucked her thumb.
5. What has Aunt Patty done that surprises Willa Jo?
(a) She has invited the Finger family to dinner.
(b) She has called Mrs. Finger for advice.
(c) She has gone to the grocery in her gardening clothes.
(d) She has kissed Uncle Hob on the front lawn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aunt Patty want Uncle Hob to do when she appears at the dormer window?
2. What reason does Little Sister give for staying on the roof so long?
3. Why does Little Sister say she had not spoken since Baby's death?
4. Who did Noreen send Willa Jo to get help when Baby was sick?
5. A dream about _______________ wakens Willa Jo.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author end the story on a hopeful note?
2. Explain the symbolism of Willa Jo's dream and why Willa Jo is so angry.
3. What recurring dream does Willa Jo have and what does she do upon waking?
4. What type of painting did Noreen create which she hoped would help the girls understand Baby's death?
5. What does Aunt Patty suggest they do to get Little Sister to talk, and how does that send Willa Jo over the edge with her aunt?
6. What lessons has Aunt Patty learned by having the girls with her for awhile?
7. What are Aunt Patty's laments regarding people's lack of appreciation for her?
8. What does Miss Pettibone do when Willa Jo says she is going to the drugstore to call Aunt Patty?
9. What insight does Uncle Hob offer as to why Noreen is coming to get the girls?
10. How do Aunt Patty and Uncle Hob differ in their approaches to relating to the girls?
This section contains 1,458 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)