|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Noreen and the girls watch at the beginning of Chapter 19?
(b) A movie.
(c) Good Morning America.
(d) The sunrise.
2. What did Aunt Patty offer to pay for for Noreen?
(a) A new dress for Noreen.
(b) Little Sister's pre-school fees.
(c) Willa Jo's college education.
(d) Her move to a place closer to Patty.
3. Which of the following did Noreen NOT do all morning when Baby was sick?
(a) Watched TV.
(b) Worked out on the treadmill.
(c) Read the paper.
(d) Fixed coffee.
4. What had Aunt Patty done the night before that caused Willa Jo to become annoyed?
(a) She called around trying to find playmates for the girls.
(b) She made her wear new pajamas with fairies on them.
(c) She wouldn't let her leave the table until she finished her carrots.
(d) She called her a little girl.
5. How is Uncle Hob dressed when he crawls out onto the roof?
(b) Swim trunks.
(d) Shirt and tie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which childhood friend of Aunt Patty's do Aunt Patty and the girls see at the grocery?
2. What does Uncle Hob give to Little Sister?
3. Where does Noreen say that she can see Baby's face?
4. Noreen has called and wants to _________________.
5. What does Uncle Hob do when he sees the woman in #166 walking toward the house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what happened in the house on the morning that Baby died.
2. Why do Aunt Patty and Uncle Hob seem to enjoy sitting on the roof with the girls?
3. Why has Aunt Patty joined the others sitting on the roof?
4. What insight does Uncle Hob offer as to why Noreen is coming to get the girls?
5. How does the author end the story on a hopeful note?
6. What type of painting did Noreen create which she hoped would help the girls understand Baby's death?
7. Why was the girls' father gone from home so much and what suggestion did Aunt Patty have for Noreen and the girls?
8. Why do all the other girls blame Willa Jo when Miss Pettibone gets upset with them?
9. What are Aunt Patty's laments regarding people's lack of appreciation for her?
10. What does Uncle Hob do to ingratiate himself to the girls while they're sitting on the roof?
This section contains 1,286 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)