|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Willa Jo find her mother doing the morning after Baby's funeral?
(a) Crying in Baby's room.
(b) Watching the sunrise.
(c) Sitting in the dark smoking cigarettes.
(d) Making phone calls.
2. What does Noreen decide made Baby so sick?
(a) The hot dog she ate.
(b) The water she drank.
(c) Sun poisoning.
(d) A spider bite.
3. Where had Willa Jo's father worked before it went out of business?
(a) The garage.
(b) The mine.
(c) The automotive plant.
(d) The construction company.
4. Where did Noreen get the water for Baby at the carnival?
(a) From melted ice.
(b) From a drinking fountain.
(c) From a soft drink stand.
(d) From a sausage vendor at the carnival.
5. What does Aunt Patty tell Noreen about being on the roof?
(a) It is very hot.
(b) She wouldn't believe the view.
(c) It's a great place to have a family chat.
(d) It is slippery in spots.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only thing that Noreen would do after Baby died?
2. Why was Willa Jo secretly happy that Aunt Patty showed up?
3. Why is Little Sister upset at Aunt Patty?
4. Where did Noreen and Milly take the kids one day?
5. What does Aunt Patty do that surprises the girls?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)