|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Uncle Hob dressed when he crawls out onto the roof?
(a) Swim trunks.
(b) Shirt and tie.
2. Who is the gossip in Aunt Patty's neighborhood?
(a) Mrs. Petitjean.
(b) Mrs. Potts.
(c) Mrs. Peterson.
(d) Mrs. Piper.
3. Miss Pettibone threatens to call the girls' mothers if they don't _____________________.
(a) finish their drawings.
(b) play kickball.
(c) join in the singing.
(d) read their Bible verses.
4. Aunt Patty tells Noreen that they will be down from the roof ______________________.
(a) as soon as she can bring a ladder.
(b) as soon as the Fire Department gets there.
(c) tomorrow morning.
(d) as soon as the sun sets.
5. Uncle Hob gives the girls a mason jar filled with __________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Uncle Hob tells Willa Jo and Little Sister about the summer he was _______________
2. Why is Miss Pettibone terminated from the Bible School?
3. How is Noreen traveling to Aunt Patty's house?
4. Which of the following did Noreen NOT do all morning when Baby was sick?
5. What does Uncle Hob recall about the summer he spent with his grandfather?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Aunt Patty suggest taking the girls home with her for awhile and how does Willa Jo secretly feel about it?
2. What lessons has Aunt Patty learned by having the girls with her for awhile?
3. What insight does Uncle Hob offer as to why Noreen is coming to get the girls?
4. Why was the girls' father gone from home so much and what suggestion did Aunt Patty have for Noreen and the girls?
5. Explain the symbolism of Willa Jo's dream and why Willa Jo is so angry.
6. How does the author end the story on a hopeful note?
7. Why do all the other girls blame Willa Jo when Miss Pettibone gets upset with them?
8. What does Aunt Patty suggest they do to get Little Sister to talk, and how does that send Willa Jo over the edge with her aunt?
9. What type of painting did Noreen create which she hoped would help the girls understand Baby's death?
10. What does Miss Pettibone do when Willa Jo says she is going to the drugstore to call Aunt Patty?
This section contains 1,425 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)