|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Aunt Patty asks Willa Jo if Little Sister had drunk _________________ the day they went to the fair.
(b) bad water.
2. Where does Noreen say that she can see Baby's face?
(a) In every child.
(b) In her heart.
(c) In the sunrise.
(d) In her mind.
3. Where did Noreen and Milly take the kids one day?
(a) The city.
(b) The seashore.
(c) The carnival.
(d) The museum.
4. Uncle Hob tells Willa Jo and Little Sister about the summer he was _______________
5. Which of the following did Uncle Hob NOT do when he stayed with his grandfather?
(a) Drove the truck.
(b) Let his hair grow.
(c) Ate junk food.
(d) Didn't take showers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the gossip in Aunt Patty's neighborhood?
2. How many children does the woman in #116 have?
3. What grocery store does Aunt Patty take Willa Jo and Little Sister to one day?
4. Aunt Patty tells Noreen that they will be down from the roof ______________________.
5. What is the only thing that Noreen would do after Baby died?
Short Essay Questions
1. What message is Uncle Hob hoping the girls get from his story about staying with his grieving grandfather?
2. Why does Willa Jo associate Baby's death with the sunrise?
3. Why do all the other girls blame Willa Jo when Miss Pettibone gets upset with them?
4. What does Aunt Patty suggest they do to get Little Sister to talk, and how does that send Willa Jo over the edge with her aunt?
5. Why has Aunt Patty joined the others sitting on the roof?
6. What lessons has Aunt Patty learned by having the girls with her for awhile?
7. Even though Baby died at sunrise, what flicker of hope does a sunrise hold for the family?
8. Why was the girls' father gone from home so much and what suggestion did Aunt Patty have for Noreen and the girls?
9. What recurring dream does Willa Jo have and what does she do upon waking?
10. How do Aunt Patty and Uncle Hob differ in their approaches to relating to the girls?
This section contains 1,220 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)