|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Uncle Hob do when he sees the woman in #166 walking toward the house?
(a) Bows to her.
(b) Ignores her.
(c) Throws roof tiles at her.
2. What does Willa Jo want more than anything?
(a) To take swimming lessons.
(b) To get a new party dress.
(c) To go to Disney World.
(d) To go home.
3. What does Uncle Hob give to Little Sister?
(a) An umbrella.
(c) A beach towel.
(d) Flip flops.
4. Little Sister and Peter knock over a display of ___________________ in the grocery.
(a) ketchup bottles.
(c) soft drinks.
(d) pickle jars.
5. What reason does Little Sister give for staying on the roof so long?
(a) So that they could be closer to Baby.
(b) So that they could take photos of the sunrise.
(c) So they could throw pebbles at people.
(d) So they could watch the town waking up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Willa Jo find her mother doing the morning after Baby's funeral?
2. Why is Miss Pettibone terminated from the Bible School?
3. Aunt Patty introduces Little Sister as ______________.
4. How did Little Sister show that she needed some comfort on the morning Baby was sick?
5. What does Noreen decide made Baby so sick?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author end the story on a hopeful note?
2. Why does Willa Jo associate Baby's death with the sunrise?
3. What does Aunt Patty suggest they do to get Little Sister to talk, and how does that send Willa Jo over the edge with her aunt?
4. What was the nuclear family of Willa Jo and Little Sister prior to Baby's birth?
5. What behavior was Noreen exhibiting that showed her depression and why was Willa Jo happy that Aunt Patty arrived?
6. What does Miss Pettibone do when Willa Jo says she is going to the drugstore to call Aunt Patty?
7. How do Aunt Patty and Uncle Hob differ in their approaches to relating to the girls?
8. What are Aunt Patty's laments regarding people's lack of appreciation for her?
9. Explain the story Uncle Hob tells the girls about the summer he spent with his grandfather after his grandmother died.
10. Explain the symbolism of Willa Jo's dream and why Willa Jo is so angry.
This section contains 1,366 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)