|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Willa Jo has a scary dream about Baby ____________________.
(a) walking into traffic.
(b) drowning in the swimming pool.
(c) being hit by a car.
(d) going into a carnival tent.
2. Little Sister almost slips off the roof when _____________________.
(a) she moves to a higher spot.
(b) she claps her hands.
(c) she drops her soda can.
(d) she reaches for the umbrella.
3. Why does Noreen think Baby is fussy on the way home?
(a) She must be sleepy.
(b) She must be teething.
(c) She must be hungry.
(d) She must need a diaper change.
4. Aunt Patty wants to hold Little Sister upside down or ________________ to make her talk.
(a) pinch her.
(b) slap her.
(c) sit on her.
(d) squeeze her.
5. Who did Noreen talk to a lot of times while her husband was away?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aunt Patty want Uncle Hob to do when she appears at the dormer window?
2. What does Willa Jo notice as she runs back home after seeking help the person in #133?
3. Why do Willa Jo and Little Sister decide to sit on the bench outside the drugstore?
4. What does Willa Jo find her mother doing the morning after Baby's funeral?
5. Miss Pettibone threatens to call the girls' mothers if they don't _____________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Aunt Patty suggest taking the girls home with her for awhile and how does Willa Jo secretly feel about it?
2. How do Aunt Patty and Uncle Hob differ in their approaches to relating to the girls?
3. What are Aunt Patty's laments regarding people's lack of appreciation for her?
4. Why do all the other girls blame Willa Jo when Miss Pettibone gets upset with them?
5. What lessons has Aunt Patty learned by having the girls with her for awhile?
6. What recurring dream does Willa Jo have and what does she do upon waking?
7. Why has Aunt Patty joined the others sitting on the roof?
8. What was the nuclear family of Willa Jo and Little Sister prior to Baby's birth?
9. What type of painting did Noreen create which she hoped would help the girls understand Baby's death?
10. What does Aunt Patty suggest they do to get Little Sister to talk, and how does that send Willa Jo over the edge with her aunt?
This section contains 1,318 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)