|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What game do the girls play with the roof tiles?
(b) Go Fish.
2. What do Noreen and the girls watch at the beginning of Chapter 19?
(a) Good Morning America.
(b) The sunrise.
(d) A movie.
3. Why is Miss Pettibone terminated from the Bible School?
(a) Because she took the students on field trips without permission.
(b) Because the students got ticks.
(c) Because she came drunk one day.
(d) Because she stopped showing up for class.
4. Why do Willa Jo and Little Sister decide to sit on the bench outside the drugstore?
(a) They are waiting for Miss Pettibone to take them back to Bible School.
(b) Little Sister has a blister on her foot.
(c) They are not allowed inside the store.
(d) They don't have money to make a phone call.
5. With what subject does Willa Jo help Little Sister?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Aunt Patty offer to pay for for Noreen?
2. Who did Noreen send Willa Jo to get help when Baby was sick?
3. What does Willa Jo find her mother doing the morning after Baby's funeral?
4. Willa Jo has a scary dream about Baby ____________________.
5. Noreen has called and wants to _________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Willa Jo associate Baby's death with the sunrise?
2. What does Uncle Hob do to ingratiate himself to the girls while they're sitting on the roof?
3. Why has Aunt Patty joined the others sitting on the roof?
4. What does Miss Pettibone do when Willa Jo says she is going to the drugstore to call Aunt Patty?
5. What behavior was Noreen exhibiting that showed her depression and why was Willa Jo happy that Aunt Patty arrived?
6. Why do all the other girls blame Willa Jo when Miss Pettibone gets upset with them?
7. What recurring dream does Willa Jo have and what does she do upon waking?
8. What are Aunt Patty's laments regarding people's lack of appreciation for her?
9. Even though Baby died at sunrise, what flicker of hope does a sunrise hold for the family?
10. How do Aunt Patty and Uncle Hob differ in their approaches to relating to the girls?
This section contains 1,223 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)