|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Miss Pettibone terminated from the Bible School?
(a) Because she took the students on field trips without permission.
(b) Because she came drunk one day.
(c) Because she stopped showing up for class.
(d) Because the students got ticks.
2. Why does Willa Jo want to go to the drugstore?
(a) To call Aunt Patty.
(b) To get some candy.
(c) To buy sunscreen.
(d) To get ice cream.
3. Who is the gossip in Aunt Patty's neighborhood?
(a) Mrs. Petitjean.
(b) Mrs. Piper.
(c) Mrs. Peterson.
(d) Mrs. Potts.
4. Where had Willa Jo's father worked before it went out of business?
(a) The automotive plant.
(b) The garage.
(c) The construction company.
(d) The mine.
5. What is one of Aunt Patty's grievances at the house?
(a) Uncle Hob has to be reminded to take out the trash.
(b) She always has to ask for help with the dishes.
(c) Everyone tracks in mud through the kitchen.
(d) No one appreciates her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Miss Pettibone threatens to call the girls' mothers if they don't _____________________.
2. Little Sister and Peter knock over a display of ___________________ in the grocery.
3. Aunt Patty asks Willa Jo if Little Sister had drunk _________________ the day they went to the fair.
4. Aunt Patty introduces Little Sister as ______________.
5. Liz is on her way to the store to buy _______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the symbolism of Willa Jo's dream and why Willa Jo is so angry.
2. What does Uncle Hob do to ingratiate himself to the girls while they're sitting on the roof?
3. What does Miss Pettibone do when Willa Jo says she is going to the drugstore to call Aunt Patty?
4. What lessons has Aunt Patty learned by having the girls with her for awhile?
5. What behavior was Noreen exhibiting that showed her depression and why was Willa Jo happy that Aunt Patty arrived?
6. What recurring dream does Willa Jo have and what does she do upon waking?
7. What does Aunt Patty suggest they do to get Little Sister to talk, and how does that send Willa Jo over the edge with her aunt?
8. How do Aunt Patty and Uncle Hob differ in their approaches to relating to the girls?
9. Why does Willa Jo associate Baby's death with the sunrise?
10. What was the nuclear family of Willa Jo and Little Sister prior to Baby's birth?
This section contains 1,299 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)