|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Little Sister almost slips off the roof when _____________________.
(a) she moves to a higher spot.
(b) she claps her hands.
(c) she drops her soda can.
(d) she reaches for the umbrella.
2. Why do Willa Jo and Little Sister decide to sit on the bench outside the drugstore?
(a) Little Sister has a blister on her foot.
(b) They are waiting for Miss Pettibone to take them back to Bible School.
(c) They don't have money to make a phone call.
(d) They are not allowed inside the store.
3. Aunt Patty asks Willa Jo if Little Sister had drunk _________________ the day they went to the fair.
(a) bad water.
4. What does Aunt Patty want Uncle Hob to do when she appears at the dormer window?
(a) Pass in the empty picnic basket.
(b) Give sweaters to the girls.
(c) Come inside the house.
(d) Fix the roof tiles.
5. Aunt Patty introduces Little Sister as ______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Miss Pettibone threatens to call the girls' mothers if they don't _____________________.
2. What does Noreen decide made Baby so sick?
3. Why was Willa Jo secretly happy that Aunt Patty showed up?
4. Which of the following did Uncle Hob NOT do when he stayed with his grandfather?
5. What reason does Little Sister give for staying on the roof so long?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Aunt Patty's laments regarding people's lack of appreciation for her?
2. What recurring dream does Willa Jo have and what does she do upon waking?
3. Explain the story Uncle Hob tells the girls about the summer he spent with his grandfather after his grandmother died.
4. Why does Aunt Patty suggest taking the girls home with her for awhile and how does Willa Jo secretly feel about it?
5. Why has Aunt Patty joined the others sitting on the roof?
6. What does Aunt Patty suggest they do to get Little Sister to talk, and how does that send Willa Jo over the edge with her aunt?
7. What type of emotion does Aunt Patty show when she asks if Little Sister had drunk any of the water at the carnival?
8. Why was the girls' father gone from home so much and what suggestion did Aunt Patty have for Noreen and the girls?
9. Explain the symbolism of Willa Jo's dream and why Willa Jo is so angry.
10. Why do all the other girls blame Willa Jo when Miss Pettibone gets upset with them?
This section contains 1,387 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)