|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Willa Jo want more than anything?
(a) To go to Disney World.
(b) To go home.
(c) To take swimming lessons.
(d) To get a new party dress.
2. What game do the girls play with the roof tiles?
(a) Go Fish.
3. Miss Pettibone threatens to call the girls' mothers if they don't _____________________.
(a) play kickball.
(b) join in the singing.
(c) read their Bible verses.
(d) finish their drawings.
4. What reason does Little Sister give for staying on the roof so long?
(a) So they could throw pebbles at people.
(b) So they could watch the town waking up.
(c) So that they could take photos of the sunrise.
(d) So that they could be closer to Baby.
5. With what subject does Willa Jo help Little Sister?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aunt Patty tell Noreen about being on the roof?
2. Why does Noreen think Baby is fussy on the way home?
3. What does Aunt Patty want Uncle Hob to do when she appears at the dormer window?
4. Which childhood friend of Aunt Patty's do Aunt Patty and the girls see at the grocery?
5. Aunt Patty introduces Little Sister as ______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why has Aunt Patty joined the others sitting on the roof?
2. Why was the girls' father gone from home so much and what suggestion did Aunt Patty have for Noreen and the girls?
3. What was the nuclear family of Willa Jo and Little Sister prior to Baby's birth?
4. Why do Aunt Patty and Uncle Hob seem to enjoy sitting on the roof with the girls?
5. How does the author end the story on a hopeful note?
6. What behavior was Noreen exhibiting that showed her depression and why was Willa Jo happy that Aunt Patty arrived?
7. What lessons has Aunt Patty learned by having the girls with her for awhile?
8. What does Uncle Hob do to ingratiate himself to the girls while they're sitting on the roof?
9. What does Miss Pettibone do when Willa Jo says she is going to the drugstore to call Aunt Patty?
10. What type of painting did Noreen create which she hoped would help the girls understand Baby's death?
This section contains 1,233 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)