|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A dream about _______________ wakens Willa Jo.
(b) Her mother.
(d) Miss Pettibone.
2. Aunt Patty asks Willa Jo if Little Sister had drunk _________________ the day they went to the fair.
(d) bad water.
3. Why is Miss Pettibone terminated from the Bible School?
(a) Because she took the students on field trips without permission.
(b) Because she stopped showing up for class.
(c) Because she came drunk one day.
(d) Because the students got ticks.
4. Little Sister and Peter knock over a display of ___________________ in the grocery.
(a) ketchup bottles.
(b) soft drinks.
(c) pickle jars.
5. What does Noreen tell the girls she is sure about Baby?
(a) She is in heaven with the angels.
(b) She knew how much they loved her.
(c) They will always keep Baby in their hearts.
(d) That she did all she could for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Willa Jo want to go to the drugstore?
2. What is the only thing that Noreen would do after Baby died?
3. Miss Pettibone threatens to call the girls' mothers if they don't _____________________.
4. Aunt Patty wants to hold Little Sister upside down or ________________ to make her talk.
5. How is Uncle Hob dressed when he crawls out onto the roof?
Short Essay Questions
1. What lessons has Aunt Patty learned by having the girls with her for awhile?
2. Why do all the other girls blame Willa Jo when Miss Pettibone gets upset with them?
3. What does Aunt Patty suggest they do to get Little Sister to talk, and how does that send Willa Jo over the edge with her aunt?
4. Why does Aunt Patty suggest taking the girls home with her for awhile and how does Willa Jo secretly feel about it?
5. What insight does Uncle Hob offer as to why Noreen is coming to get the girls?
6. How does the author end the story on a hopeful note?
7. Even though Baby died at sunrise, what flicker of hope does a sunrise hold for the family?
8. What message is Uncle Hob hoping the girls get from his story about staying with his grieving grandfather?
9. Why do Aunt Patty and Uncle Hob seem to enjoy sitting on the roof with the girls?
10. What type of emotion does Aunt Patty show when she asks if Little Sister had drunk any of the water at the carnival?
This section contains 1,197 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)