|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Aunt Patty say she might introduce Tressa to Mrs. Finger?
(a) They both are beautiful pianists.
(b) They both like to play cards.
(c) They both like to bake.
(d) They both have so many boys.
2. Where did Noreen get the water for Baby at the carnival?
(a) From a soft drink stand.
(b) From a sausage vendor at the carnival.
(c) From melted ice.
(d) From a drinking fountain.
3. Aunt Patty tells Noreen that they will be down from the roof ______________________.
(a) as soon as the Fire Department gets there.
(b) as soon as she can bring a ladder.
(c) as soon as the sun sets.
(d) tomorrow morning.
4. Liz is on her way to the store to buy _______________.
5. Why is Little Sister upset at Aunt Patty?
(a) She puts her hair in ponytails.
(b) She won't let her have dessert.
(c) She makes her eat peas.
(d) She threw out her June bug.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Baby's real name?
2. Why was Willa Jo secretly happy that Aunt Patty showed up?
3. Where did Noreen and Milly take the kids one day?
4. Little Sister and Peter knock over a display of ___________________ in the grocery.
5. What does Noreen tell the girls she is sure about Baby?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Aunt Patty suggest they do to get Little Sister to talk, and how does that send Willa Jo over the edge with her aunt?
2. What type of emotion does Aunt Patty show when she asks if Little Sister had drunk any of the water at the carnival?
3. How does the author end the story on a hopeful note?
4. What lessons has Aunt Patty learned by having the girls with her for awhile?
5. Explain the story Uncle Hob tells the girls about the summer he spent with his grandfather after his grandmother died.
6. What type of painting did Noreen create which she hoped would help the girls understand Baby's death?
7. Explain the symbolism of Willa Jo's dream and why Willa Jo is so angry.
8. What does Miss Pettibone do when Willa Jo says she is going to the drugstore to call Aunt Patty?
9. Why do all the other girls blame Willa Jo when Miss Pettibone gets upset with them?
10. What are Aunt Patty's laments regarding people's lack of appreciation for her?
This section contains 1,422 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)