|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Little Sister upset at Aunt Patty?
(a) She puts her hair in ponytails.
(b) She threw out her June bug.
(c) She makes her eat peas.
(d) She won't let her have dessert.
2. Who is the gossip in Aunt Patty's neighborhood?
(a) Mrs. Piper.
(b) Mrs. Potts.
(c) Mrs. Peterson.
(d) Mrs. Petitjean.
3. A dream about _______________ wakens Willa Jo.
(a) Miss Pettibone.
(b) Her mother.
4. Uncle Hob tells Willa Jo and Little Sister about the summer he was _______________
5. Where had Willa Jo's father worked before it went out of business?
(a) The mine.
(b) The garage.
(c) The automotive plant.
(d) The construction company.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Uncle Hob dressed when he crawls out onto the roof?
2. What does Willa Jo notice as she runs back home after seeking help the person in #133?
3. What does Uncle Hob bring with him out onto the roof?
4. What was Baby's real name?
5. What does Willa Jo tell Uncle Hob that she and Little Sister would like to have returned to them?
Short Essay Questions
1. What lessons has Aunt Patty learned by having the girls with her for awhile?
2. Why does Aunt Patty suggest taking the girls home with her for awhile and how does Willa Jo secretly feel about it?
3. How does the author end the story on a hopeful note?
4. What does Aunt Patty suggest they do to get Little Sister to talk, and how does that send Willa Jo over the edge with her aunt?
5. What are Aunt Patty's laments regarding people's lack of appreciation for her?
6. What behavior was Noreen exhibiting that showed her depression and why was Willa Jo happy that Aunt Patty arrived?
7. Why do Aunt Patty and Uncle Hob seem to enjoy sitting on the roof with the girls?
8. What message is Uncle Hob hoping the girls get from his story about staying with his grieving grandfather?
9. What type of painting did Noreen create which she hoped would help the girls understand Baby's death?
10. Explain the story Uncle Hob tells the girls about the summer he spent with his grandfather after his grandmother died.
This section contains 1,251 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)