|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Willa Jo want more than anything?
(a) To get a new party dress.
(b) To go home.
(c) To take swimming lessons.
(d) To go to Disney World.
2. Little Sister and Peter knock over a display of ___________________ in the grocery.
(a) ketchup bottles.
(c) pickle jars.
(d) soft drinks.
3. How is Noreen traveling to Aunt Patty's house?
(a) She is taking an airplane.
(b) She is taking a bus.
(c) She is driving a car.
(d) She is taking a train.
4. What has Aunt Patty done that surprises Willa Jo?
(a) She has called Mrs. Finger for advice.
(b) She has gone to the grocery in her gardening clothes.
(c) She has kissed Uncle Hob on the front lawn.
(d) She has invited the Finger family to dinner.
5. How did Little Sister show that she needed some comfort on the morning Baby was sick?
(a) She walked around the house whining all morning.
(b) She wouldn't leave her mother's side.
(c) She sat on Willa Jo's lap and sucked her thumb.
(d) She carried her doll with her all morning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Baby's real name?
2. What do Noreen and the girls watch at the beginning of Chapter 19?
3. What did Aunt Patty offer to pay for for Noreen?
4. How many children does the woman in #116 have?
5. Miss Pettibone threatens to call the girls' mothers if they don't _____________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Aunt Patty suggest taking the girls home with her for awhile and how does Willa Jo secretly feel about it?
2. Why do all the other girls blame Willa Jo when Miss Pettibone gets upset with them?
3. What does Aunt Patty suggest they do to get Little Sister to talk, and how does that send Willa Jo over the edge with her aunt?
4. Why was the girls' father gone from home so much and what suggestion did Aunt Patty have for Noreen and the girls?
5. Explain the story Uncle Hob tells the girls about the summer he spent with his grandfather after his grandmother died.
6. How do Aunt Patty and Uncle Hob differ in their approaches to relating to the girls?
7. What type of painting did Noreen create which she hoped would help the girls understand Baby's death?
8. What lessons has Aunt Patty learned by having the girls with her for awhile?
9. Even though Baby died at sunrise, what flicker of hope does a sunrise hold for the family?
10. What behavior was Noreen exhibiting that showed her depression and why was Willa Jo happy that Aunt Patty arrived?
This section contains 1,334 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)