|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which childhood friend of Aunt Patty's do Aunt Patty and the girls see at the grocery?
2. What is the only thing Noreen would do after Baby's death?
3. What does Willa Jo want more than anything?
(a) To take swimming lessons.
(b) To go home.
(c) To get a new party dress.
(d) To go to Disney World.
4. What does Aunt Patty say to Willa Jo that lets her know she is fed up with her?
(a) Willa Jo is a bad influence on Little Sister.
(b) Willa Jo should just get her shoes on and walk home.
(c) Willa Jo doesn't have one cooperative bone in her body.
(d) Willa Jo is the most anti-social child she has ever known.
5. What does Aunt Patty tell Noreen about being on the roof?
(a) It's a great place to have a family chat.
(b) She wouldn't believe the view.
(c) It is slippery in spots.
(d) It is very hot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Uncle Hob gives the girls a mason jar filled with __________________.
2. Who did Noreen talk to a lot of times while her husband was away?
3. What does Noreen decide made Baby so sick?
4. Which of the following did Uncle Hob NOT do when he stayed with his grandfather?
5. Aunt Patty asks Willa Jo if Little Sister had drunk _________________ the day they went to the fair.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Aunt Patty suggest taking the girls home with her for awhile and how does Willa Jo secretly feel about it?
2. What message is Uncle Hob hoping the girls get from his story about staying with his grieving grandfather?
3. What was the nuclear family of Willa Jo and Little Sister prior to Baby's birth?
4. What behavior was Noreen exhibiting that showed her depression and why was Willa Jo happy that Aunt Patty arrived?
5. What does Uncle Hob do to ingratiate himself to the girls while they're sitting on the roof?
6. What type of emotion does Aunt Patty show when she asks if Little Sister had drunk any of the water at the carnival?
7. What does Aunt Patty suggest they do to get Little Sister to talk, and how does that send Willa Jo over the edge with her aunt?
8. Describe what happened in the house on the morning that Baby died.
9. Why has Aunt Patty joined the others sitting on the roof?
10. How does the author end the story on a hopeful note?
This section contains 1,216 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)