|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Aunt Patty says she is moving to _______________ where nobody will know her.
2. Why does Little Sister say she had not spoken since Baby's death?
(a) She was really scared of Aunt Patty.
(b) She was just playing a game.
(c) She thought Willa Jo would take care of her.
(d) Her voice was lost in sadness.
3. Why does Willa Jo want to go to the drugstore?
(a) To call Aunt Patty.
(b) To buy sunscreen.
(c) To get some candy.
(d) To get ice cream.
4. Little Sister and Peter knock over a display of ___________________ in the grocery.
(a) pickle jars.
(b) ketchup bottles.
(c) soft drinks.
5. A dream about _______________ wakens Willa Jo.
(a) Her mother.
(c) Miss Pettibone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What musical instrument does Uncle Hob play?
2. Why is Miss Pettibone aggravated with all the girls at lunch time?
3. Which of the following did Noreen NOT do all morning when Baby was sick?
4. Miss Pettibone threatens to call the girls' mothers if they don't _____________________.
5. Where had Willa Jo's father worked before it went out of business?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Aunt Patty's laments regarding people's lack of appreciation for her?
2. Why does Aunt Patty suggest taking the girls home with her for awhile and how does Willa Jo secretly feel about it?
3. What behavior was Noreen exhibiting that showed her depression and why was Willa Jo happy that Aunt Patty arrived?
4. What does Aunt Patty suggest they do to get Little Sister to talk, and how does that send Willa Jo over the edge with her aunt?
5. Explain the symbolism of Willa Jo's dream and why Willa Jo is so angry.
6. What was the nuclear family of Willa Jo and Little Sister prior to Baby's birth?
7. What type of emotion does Aunt Patty show when she asks if Little Sister had drunk any of the water at the carnival?
8. Why does Willa Jo associate Baby's death with the sunrise?
9. Why do Aunt Patty and Uncle Hob seem to enjoy sitting on the roof with the girls?
10. What message is Uncle Hob hoping the girls get from his story about staying with his grieving grandfather?
This section contains 1,225 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)