|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Uncle Hob recall about the summer he spent with his grandfather?
(a) He learned how to drive a car that summer.
(b) He kissed a girl for the first time that summer.
(c) He learned to cry that summer.
(d) He learned how to drive a tractor that summer.
2. Liz is on her way to the store to buy _______________.
3. Which of the following did Noreen NOT do all morning when Baby was sick?
(a) Read the paper.
(b) Watched TV.
(c) Worked out on the treadmill.
(d) Fixed coffee.
4. Why does Little Sister say she had not spoken since Baby's death?
(a) Her voice was lost in sadness.
(b) She was really scared of Aunt Patty.
(c) She was just playing a game.
(d) She thought Willa Jo would take care of her.
5. A dream about _______________ wakens Willa Jo.
(a) Her mother.
(d) Miss Pettibone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aunt Patty do that surprises the girls?
2. Which of the following is NOT true about Willa Jo and Little Sister at the beginning of Chapter 15?
3. What game do the girls play with the roof tiles?
4. What do Noreen and the girls watch at the beginning of Chapter 19?
5. Who is the gossip in Aunt Patty's neighborhood?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the nuclear family of Willa Jo and Little Sister prior to Baby's birth?
2. What does Aunt Patty suggest they do to get Little Sister to talk, and how does that send Willa Jo over the edge with her aunt?
3. Why was the girls' father gone from home so much and what suggestion did Aunt Patty have for Noreen and the girls?
4. What type of emotion does Aunt Patty show when she asks if Little Sister had drunk any of the water at the carnival?
5. Why has Aunt Patty joined the others sitting on the roof?
6. What type of painting did Noreen create which she hoped would help the girls understand Baby's death?
7. What are Aunt Patty's laments regarding people's lack of appreciation for her?
8. What recurring dream does Willa Jo have and what does she do upon waking?
9. How does the author end the story on a hopeful note?
10. What does Miss Pettibone do when Willa Jo says she is going to the drugstore to call Aunt Patty?
This section contains 1,313 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)