|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who accompanies Noreen on the trip to pick up the girls?
(b) Her husband.
2. What grocery store does Aunt Patty take Willa Jo and Little Sister to one day?
(a) Whole Foods.
(d) Piggly Wiggly.
3. What does Noreen tell the girls she is sure about Baby?
(a) That she did all she could for her.
(b) She is in heaven with the angels.
(c) They will always keep Baby in their hearts.
(d) She knew how much they loved her.
4. What does Willa Jo want more than anything?
(a) To take swimming lessons.
(b) To go home.
(c) To go to Disney World.
(d) To get a new party dress.
5. What musical instrument does Uncle Hob play?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Noreen decide made Baby so sick?
2. Liz is on her way to the store to buy _______________.
3. Aunt Patty tells Noreen that they will be down from the roof ______________________.
4. What does Aunt Patty tell Noreen about being on the roof?
5. Aunt Patty says she is moving to _______________ where nobody will know her.
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the symbolism of Willa Jo's dream and why Willa Jo is so angry.
2. Why was the girls' father gone from home so much and what suggestion did Aunt Patty have for Noreen and the girls?
3. What does Aunt Patty suggest they do to get Little Sister to talk, and how does that send Willa Jo over the edge with her aunt?
4. Why does Aunt Patty suggest taking the girls home with her for awhile and how does Willa Jo secretly feel about it?
5. Why has Aunt Patty joined the others sitting on the roof?
6. How do Aunt Patty and Uncle Hob differ in their approaches to relating to the girls?
7. What insight does Uncle Hob offer as to why Noreen is coming to get the girls?
8. Describe what happened in the house on the morning that Baby died.
9. What does Uncle Hob do to ingratiate himself to the girls while they're sitting on the roof?
10. Explain the story Uncle Hob tells the girls about the summer he spent with his grandfather after his grandmother died.
This section contains 1,405 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)