|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where had Willa Jo's father worked before it went out of business?
(a) The mine.
(b) The automotive plant.
(c) The garage.
(d) The construction company.
2. What do Noreen and the girls watch at the beginning of Chapter 19?
(a) A movie.
(b) The sunrise.
(c) Good Morning America.
3. What has Aunt Patty done that surprises Willa Jo?
(a) She has called Mrs. Finger for advice.
(b) She has invited the Finger family to dinner.
(c) She has gone to the grocery in her gardening clothes.
(d) She has kissed Uncle Hob on the front lawn.
4. Aunt Patty wants to hold Little Sister upside down or ________________ to make her talk.
(a) squeeze her.
(b) slap her.
(c) sit on her.
(d) pinch her.
5. Why did Uncle Hob stay with his grandfather that summer?
(a) He needed some discipline.
(b) His grandmother had died.
(c) He wanted a summer job.
(d) His grandfather was ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Aunt Patty offer to pay for for Noreen?
2. What had Aunt Patty done the night before that caused Willa Jo to become annoyed?
3. What musical instrument does Uncle Hob play?
4. What does Willa Jo want more than anything?
5. What does Willa Jo tell Uncle Hob that she and Little Sister would like to have returned to them?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of painting did Noreen create which she hoped would help the girls understand Baby's death?
2. What type of emotion does Aunt Patty show when she asks if Little Sister had drunk any of the water at the carnival?
3. Explain the symbolism of Willa Jo's dream and why Willa Jo is so angry.
4. What insight does Uncle Hob offer as to why Noreen is coming to get the girls?
5. How do Aunt Patty and Uncle Hob differ in their approaches to relating to the girls?
6. What does Miss Pettibone do when Willa Jo says she is going to the drugstore to call Aunt Patty?
7. What recurring dream does Willa Jo have and what does she do upon waking?
8. What was the nuclear family of Willa Jo and Little Sister prior to Baby's birth?
9. Why does Aunt Patty suggest taking the girls home with her for awhile and how does Willa Jo secretly feel about it?
10. Describe what happened in the house on the morning that Baby died.
This section contains 1,360 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)