|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Little Sister upset at Aunt Patty?
(a) She threw out her June bug.
(b) She won't let her have dessert.
(c) She puts her hair in ponytails.
(d) She makes her eat peas.
2. Which childhood friend of Aunt Patty's do Aunt Patty and the girls see at the grocery?
3. What is the only thing Noreen would do after Baby's death?
4. Little Sister almost slips off the roof when _____________________.
(a) she claps her hands.
(b) she drops her soda can.
(c) she moves to a higher spot.
(d) she reaches for the umbrella.
5. What did the doctors ask when Noreen, Milly and the girls went to the hospital?
(a) If Baby had been sick for awhile.
(b) What everyone ate and drank at the carnival.
(c) If Noreen gave aspirin to Baby.
(d) If the girls had their inoculations.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Little Sister give for staying on the roof so long?
2. Where had Willa Jo's father worked before it went out of business?
3. What does Uncle Hob recall about the summer he spent with his grandfather?
4. Little Sister and Peter knock over a display of ___________________ in the grocery.
5. Who did Noreen send Willa Jo to get help when Baby was sick?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do all the other girls blame Willa Jo when Miss Pettibone gets upset with them?
2. Describe what happened in the house on the morning that Baby died.
3. What insight does Uncle Hob offer as to why Noreen is coming to get the girls?
4. Why do Aunt Patty and Uncle Hob seem to enjoy sitting on the roof with the girls?
5. Why does Aunt Patty suggest taking the girls home with her for awhile and how does Willa Jo secretly feel about it?
6. What was the nuclear family of Willa Jo and Little Sister prior to Baby's birth?
7. What recurring dream does Willa Jo have and what does she do upon waking?
8. What type of emotion does Aunt Patty show when she asks if Little Sister had drunk any of the water at the carnival?
9. What does Aunt Patty suggest they do to get Little Sister to talk, and how does that send Willa Jo over the edge with her aunt?
10. What does Uncle Hob do to ingratiate himself to the girls while they're sitting on the roof?
This section contains 1,266 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)