|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job does the girls' mother do?
(a) Works as a nurse in a hospital.
(b) Sews and tailors clothing.
(c) Owns a restaurant in town.
(d) Paints pictures for greeting cards.
2. What can Willa Jo not tell her mother on the phone?
(a) That she kissed a boy.
(b) That they are happy at Aunt Patty's.
(c) That she is taking swimming lessons.
(d) That she is sewing a new dress.
3. What is Aunt Patty's demeanor in #20?
(a) She does not include the girls in any decisions.
(b) She is very emotional and supportive.
(c) She is dismissive.
(d) She tries to make the girls feel welcome.
4. What does Isaac bring to Little Sister?
(a) His ant farm.
(b) A snake.
(c) A June bug.
(d) Lightning bugs.
5. What is the first thing that Aunt Patty does when Willa Jo and Little Sister arrive at her house?
(a) Takes them shopping for clothes.
(b) Makes them clean their room.
(c) Takes them to the swimming pool.
(d) Gives them a tour of the neighborhood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the woman in #3 doing when Willa Jo sees her?
2. What does Aunt Patty do when Willa Jo and Little Sister refuse to come down off the roof?
3. What did Uncle Hob learn a long time ago about Aunt Patty?
4. Why is Miss Pettibone annoyed with Little Sister?
5. What treat does Isaac share with Little Sister in Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Aunt Patty's control issues frustrate her regarding the girls.
2. How does Aunt Patty show her intense frustration about Willa Jo to Mrs. Biddle?
3. What act does Aunt Patty put on when Mrs. Teasley sees the girls on the roof?
4. How does Cynthia's mother indicate that she knows her daughter is misbehaving while playing with the girls?
5. How does Miss Pettibone show that she has a sarcastic nature?
6. How does Aunt Patty feel when she hears the girls tell their mother that they want to come home?
7. How does Aunt Patty begin to change her mind about the Fingers kids?
8. Why is Willa Jo envious of the relationship Liz has with her mother?
9. Who does Aunt Patty threaten to call if the girls won't come down from the roof and how does Willa Jo stonewall her?
10. What is revealed about the time surrounding Baby's death which explains why Willa Jo and Little Sister want to sit on the roof at Aunt Patty's house?
This section contains 1,206 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)