|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the first rules that the girls learn about Aunt Patty's house?
(a) They must dress up for dinner every night.
(b) They have to make their beds before going outside.
(c) They will attend church each Sunday.
(d) They can't enter the house by the front door.
2. What does Aunt Patty tell Willa Jo as the story begins?
(a) She is fed up with her.
(b) It is time for lunch.
(c) They are leaving for the beach now.
(d) She needs to finish her homework.
3. How does Aunt Patty feel about having Willa Jo and Little Sister at her home?
(a) She hopes she is caring for them properly.
(b) She is very protective of them.
(c) She is fed up with them.
(d) She loves every minute of it.
4. How long will the girls be staying with Aunt Patty?
(a) It is uncertain.
(b) 6 seeks.
(c) 1 month.
(d) 3 months.
5. What game do Isaac and Little Sister play?
(a) Cowboys and Indians.
(b) War and jungle.
(c) Grocery store.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Willa Jo's reaction when Mrs. Biddle tells the girls that Aunt Patty is doing her best?
2. What did the girls' mother try to get them to do every day?
3. What is the name of the family staying in the vacation bungalows across from Aunt Patty's house?
4. What has Little Sister not done since Baby died?
5. Willa Jo and Little Sister are most worried about ___________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What act does Aunt Patty put on when Mrs. Teasley sees the girls on the roof?
2. How does Isaac befriend Little Sister?
3. Explain how Aunt Patty's control issues frustrate her regarding the girls.
4. Why are Aunt Patty's pleas for the girls to come down off the roof futile?
5. What are Willa Jo and Little Sister doing that makes Aunt Patty so upset and especially frustrated with Willa Jo?
6. How does Aunt Patty surprise Noreen and the girls one day while they are napping?
7. What is Willa Jo doing at the beginning of the book which irritates and frustrates her Aunt Patty?
8. What did Willa Jo and Little Sister's mother tell them about where Baby went?
9. How does Little Sister communicate since she has stopped talking, and what does Aunt Patty think about it?
10. Who does Aunt Patty threaten to call if the girls won't come down from the roof and how does Willa Jo stonewall her?
This section contains 1,130 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)