|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aunt Patty keep in a glass case?
(c) Hummel figurines.
(d) Snow globes.
2. What does Aunt Patty do when Willa Jo and Little Sister refuse to come down off the roof?
(a) Stomps back inside the house.
(b) Climbs a ladder to get them.
(c) Calls the fire department.
(d) Has her husband coax them down.
3. What does Aunt Patty tell Willa Jo as the story begins?
(a) She is fed up with her.
(b) It is time for lunch.
(c) She needs to finish her homework.
(d) They are leaving for the beach now.
4. What issue concerns Patty about Noreen?
(a) Her religion.
(b) Her house.
(c) Her job.
(d) Her health.
5. What is the girls' mother's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Little Sister not done since Baby died?
2. Aunt Patty tells Liz that Willa Jo and Little Sister have ____________________.
3. How old is the woman in #3?
4. Where does Willa Jo watch the sunrise at Aunt Patty's house?
5. Elizabeth asks Willa Jo and Little Sister if they are the girls who _______________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Liz respond to Aunt Patty who tries to make Liz feel bad by saying that her nieces associate with Cynthia Wainwright?
2. What was life like for Willa Jo, Little Sister and their mother after Baby died?
3. Why does the trip to the chocolate store turn unpleasant for Willa Jo?
4. Why are Aunt Patty's pleas for the girls to come down off the roof futile?
5. How does Aunt Patty begin to change her mind about the Fingers kids?
6. How does Aunt Patty surprise Noreen and the girls one day while they are napping?
7. Who does Aunt Patty threaten to call if the girls won't come down from the roof and how does Willa Jo stonewall her?
8. What did Willa Jo and Little Sister's mother tell them about where Baby went?
9. What is revealed about the time surrounding Baby's death which explains why Willa Jo and Little Sister want to sit on the roof at Aunt Patty's house?
10. Who is Miss Pettibone and why is she irritated with Little Sister?
This section contains 1,084 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)