|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can Willa Jo not tell her mother on the phone?
(a) That she is taking swimming lessons.
(b) That she is sewing a new dress.
(c) That she kissed a boy.
(d) That they are happy at Aunt Patty's.
2. What is the name of the family staying in the vacation bungalows across from Aunt Patty's house?
3. What treat does Isaac share with Little Sister in Chapter 11?
(a) Ding Dong.
(c) Caramel Corn.
4. How many times does Aunt Patty wash the kitchen floor after the creatures in #35 are removed?
(a) Ten times.
(b) Five times.
5. Which of the following does NOT describe Miss Pettibone?
Short Answer Questions
1. How can Cynthia best be described?
2. Elizabeth tells Willa Jo and Little Sister that Aunt Patty has signed them up for ____________________.
3. Which of the following does NOT describe Elizabeth?
4. What job does Elizabeth have?
5. What does Aunt Patty tell Willa Jo about Liz?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is revealed about the time surrounding Baby's death which explains why Willa Jo and Little Sister want to sit on the roof at Aunt Patty's house?
2. How does Aunt Patty show her intense frustration about Willa Jo to Mrs. Biddle?
3. Describe Aunt Patty's behavior when Little Sister rearranges the Hummel figurines in the glass case.
4. How does Aunt Patty react when Little Sister brings all the newts into the kitchen?
5. How does Aunt Patty begin to change her mind about the Fingers kids?
6. How does Miss Pettibone show that she has a sarcastic nature?
7. Why does Willa Jo resent Uncle Hob's response to the girls' new clothes and why does Willa Jo think that Aunt Patty doesn't know much about children?
8. Why is Willa Jo envious of the relationship Liz has with her mother?
9. What is Willa Jo doing at the beginning of the book which irritates and frustrates her Aunt Patty?
10. What reasons does Aunt Patty have for wanting the girls to play with Cynthia Wainwright?
This section contains 1,126 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)