|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Cynthia curtly tells Willa Jo that Aunt Patty could send the girls to ___________________ when she gets tired of them.
(a) boarding school.
(b) Summer Camp.
(c) the Orphan's Home.
(d) relatives far away.
2. Which of Aunt Patty's neighbors has been nice to Willa and Little Sister?
(a) Mrs. Brumbaugh.
(b) Mrs. Billingsley.
(c) Mrs. Bowen.
(d) Mrs. Biddle.
3. What treat does Isaac share with Little Sister in Chapter 11?
(a) Ding Dong.
(d) Caramel Corn.
4. What did Aunt Patty do when she couldn't find Willa Jo and Little Sister?
(a) Drove around looking for them.
(b) Called the neighbors.
(c) Sent Uncle Hop out to find them.
(d) Called the sheriff.
5. What does Aunt Patty do when Little Sister rearranges the items in #33?
(a) Sends Little Sister to bed with no supper.
(b) Leaves them as Little Sister arranged them.
(c) Spanks Little Sister.
(d) Scolds Little Sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT describe Miss Pettibone?
2. What of the following happened in the girls' home after Baby died?
3. What is the first thing that Aunt Patty does when Willa Jo and Little Sister arrive at her house?
4. What is the name of the family staying in the vacation bungalows across from Aunt Patty's house?
5. What did Willa Jo, Little Sister and their mother do after Baby's death to seem less lonely?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Aunt Patty react when Little Sister brings all the newts into the kitchen?
2. How does Willa Jo override Miss Pettibone's authority by removing Little Sister from the threat of ticks during lunchtime?
3. Why does Aunt Patty eventually offer to take Willa Jo and Little Sister for awhile?
4. What are Aunt Patty's laments regarding people's lack of appreciation for her?
5. What was the nuclear family of Willa Jo and Little Sister prior to Baby's birth?
6. Why is the shopping trip to get new clothes frustrating for Willa Jo and Little Sister?
7. Why are Willa Jo and Little Sister staying with Aunt Patty, and how long will they be there?
8. What type of emotion does Aunt Patty show when she asks if Little Sister had drunk any of the water at the carnival?
9. Why is Willa Jo envious of the relationship Liz has with her mother?
10. Who is Elizabeth Fingers and how do the girls meet her?
This section contains 1,179 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)