|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do some of the girls get from playing in the grass at Bible School?
(a) Grass stains.
(b) Poison Ivy.
(c) Itchy eyes.
2. What is the woman in #3 doing when Willa Jo sees her?
(b) Taking out the trash.
(c) Watering flowers.
(d) Mowing the lawn.
3. What is Willa Jo's reaction when Mrs. Biddle tells the girls that Aunt Patty is doing her best?
(a) She agrees to come down off the roof.
(b) She gets tears in her eyes.
(c) She says that her best isn't good enough.
(d) She doesn't even flinch.
4. Elizabeth tells Willa Jo and Little Sister that Aunt Patty has signed them up for ____________________.
(a) Sunday School.
(b) charm school.
(c) swimming lessons.
(d) Summer school.
5. What issue concerns Patty about Noreen?
(a) Her house.
(b) Her health.
(c) Her job.
(d) Her religion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Little Sister's group at Bible School?
2. How do Liz and her brothers get the dirt out of the cave?
3. Which of the following does NOT describe Elizabeth?
4. Why does Aunt Patty not want Willa Jo and Little Sister to play with the family across the street?
5. What game do Liz, Willa Jo and Little Sister play when Liz comes to visit?
Short Essay Questions
1. What warnings does Aunt Patty give the girls about the family across the street?
2. How does Little Sister communicate since she has stopped talking, and what does Aunt Patty think about it?
3. How does Aunt Patty feel when she hears the girls tell their mother that they want to come home?
4. What is revealed about the time surrounding Baby's death which explains why Willa Jo and Little Sister want to sit on the roof at Aunt Patty's house?
5. What are Willa Jo and Little Sister doing that makes Aunt Patty so upset and especially frustrated with Willa Jo?
6. What act does Aunt Patty put on when Mrs. Teasley sees the girls on the roof?
7. Why are Aunt Patty's pleas for the girls to come down off the roof futile?
8. How does Aunt Patty begin to change her mind about the Fingers kids?
9. Why does Willa Jo resent Uncle Hob's response to the girls' new clothes and why does Willa Jo think that Aunt Patty doesn't know much about children?
10. How does Aunt Patty react when Little Sister brings all the newts into the kitchen?
This section contains 1,097 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)