Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why must the girls enter the house through the garage?
(a) Aunt Patty doesn't want her carpet to get dirty.
(b) So they won't interrupt Aunt Patty's bridge club.
(c) That door is always unlocked.
(d) They can hang up their coats in the garage.
2. Who is Elizabeth?
(a) Uncle Hob's sister.
(b) The girl behind the candy counter.
(c) Aunt Patty's godchild.
(d) The oldest Fingers child.
3. Who does Liz bring with her to Aunt Patty's house in Chapter 9?
4. Which of the following best describes Aunt Patty?
5. What does Aunt Patty tell Willa Jo about Liz?
(a) Liz is nothing but a trouble maker.
(b) She saw Liz smoking a cigarette in the alley.
(c) Liz got kicked out of school.
(d) She doesn't want her spending all her time with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Willa Jo and Little Sister doing on the roof?
2. Who is Liz' youngest brother?
3. How many times does Aunt Patty wash the kitchen floor after the creatures in #35 are removed?
4. How long have Willa Jo and Little Sister been at Aunt Patty's house?
5. The girls' mother told Willa Jo and Little Sister that Baby _____________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Miss Pettibone do when Willa Jo says she is going to the drugstore to call Aunt Patty?
2. Why has Aunt Patty joined the others sitting on the roof?
3. How does Aunt Patty surprise Noreen and the girls one day while they are napping?
4. Explain how Aunt Patty's control issues frustrate her regarding the girls.
5. How does Liz respond to Aunt Patty who tries to make Liz feel bad by saying that her nieces associate with Cynthia Wainwright?
6. What reasons does Aunt Patty have for wanting the girls to play with Cynthia Wainwright?
7. Explain the story Uncle Hob tells the girls about the summer he spent with his grandfather after his grandmother died.
8. What did Willa Jo and Little Sister's mother tell them about where Baby went?
9. What are Willa Jo and Little Sister doing that makes Aunt Patty so upset and especially frustrated with Willa Jo?
10. Why do Aunt Patty and Uncle Hob seem to enjoy sitting on the roof with the girls?
This section contains 1,160 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)