|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Liz and her brothers building for their mother?
(a) A clothesline.
(b) A raised garden.
(c) A trellis for roses.
(d) Flower boxes.
2. What does Elizabeth say that makes Willa Jo sob?
(a) They must miss their mother.
(b) Her baby brother died too.
(c) People in town are talking about them.
(d) She doesn't like her dress.
3. What does Aunt Patty do when Little Sister rearranges the items in #33?
(a) Scolds Little Sister.
(b) Spanks Little Sister.
(c) Sends Little Sister to bed with no supper.
(d) Leaves them as Little Sister arranged them.
4. Why doesn't Aunt Patty know much about children?
(a) Her baby died.
(b) She never had any.
(c) She doesn't like them.
(d) She can't stand noise.
5. Which of the following does NOT describe Elizabeth?
(a) Red hair.
(c) Long hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Aunt Patty NOT do at Noreen's house?
2. Why does Aunt Patty not want Willa Jo and Little Sister to play with the family across the street?
3. The girls' mother told Willa Jo and Little Sister that Baby _____________________.
4. What is Willa Jo's demeanor toward Aunt Patty?
5. What has Mrs. Garber told Aunt Patty about Willa Jo and Little Sister?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Liz respond to Aunt Patty who tries to make Liz feel bad by saying that her nieces associate with Cynthia Wainwright?
2. How does Little Sister communicate since she has stopped talking, and what does Aunt Patty think about it?
3. What reasons does Aunt Patty have for wanting the girls to play with Cynthia Wainwright?
4. Who is Elizabeth Fingers and how do the girls meet her?
5. What warnings does Aunt Patty give the girls about the family across the street?
6. How does Aunt Patty surprise Noreen and the girls one day while they are napping?
7. How does Aunt Patty react when Little Sister brings all the newts into the kitchen?
8. How does Willa Jo override Miss Pettibone's authority by removing Little Sister from the threat of ticks during lunchtime?
9. How does Cynthia's mother indicate that she knows her daughter is misbehaving while playing with the girls?
10. Describe how Cynthia Wainwright antagonizes the girls when she comes for a visit.
This section contains 1,282 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)