|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Cynthia's last name?
2. How is Cynthia's hair styled?
(a) Short pixie cut.
(b) Long blonde ringlets.
(c) A black wedge.
(d) An afro.
3. What is the woman in #3 doing when Willa Jo sees her?
(a) Watering flowers.
(c) Mowing the lawn.
(d) Taking out the trash.
4. Why is Willa Jo so moody and emotional at Aunt Patty's house?
(a) She misses her friends at home.
(b) She misses her mother.
(c) She misses her father.
(d) She feels guilty about her sister's death.
5. What does Aunt Patty do when she finds Willa Jo, Little Sister and their mother napping in the afternoon?
(a) She pulls the shades so the room is darker.
(b) She leaves so that she won't disturb them.
(c) She tells them to get up and get dressed.
(d) She turns off the phone so it won't wake them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What game do Willa Jo, Little Sister and Cynthia play?
2. Liz tells Aunt Patty that it is nice of her to invite Cynthia over to play because ______________________.
3. How many times does Aunt Patty wash the kitchen floor after the creatures in #35 are removed?
4. What job does the girls' mother do?
5. How does Little Sister communicate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reasons does Aunt Patty have for wanting the girls to play with Cynthia Wainwright?
2. How does Aunt Patty begin to change her mind about the Fingers kids?
3. How does Miss Pettibone show that she has a sarcastic nature?
4. Describe how Cynthia Wainwright antagonizes the girls when she comes for a visit.
5. Why are Willa Jo and Little Sister staying with Aunt Patty, and how long will they be there?
6. Who is Elizabeth Fingers and how do the girls meet her?
7. How does Aunt Patty react when Little Sister brings all the newts into the kitchen?
8. What is Willa Jo doing at the beginning of the book which irritates and frustrates her Aunt Patty?
9. How does Willa Jo override Miss Pettibone's authority by removing Little Sister from the threat of ticks during lunchtime?
10. Who is Cynthia Wainwright and how do the girls meet her?
This section contains 1,225 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)