|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Isaac bring to Little Sister?
(a) A snake.
(b) A June bug.
(c) Lightning bugs.
(d) His ant farm.
2. Which of the following does NOT describe Miss Pettibone?
3. What does Aunt Patty do when Willa Jo and Little Sister refuse to come down off the roof?
(a) Stomps back inside the house.
(b) Calls the fire department.
(c) Has her husband coax them down.
(d) Climbs a ladder to get them.
4. What does Elizabeth say that makes Willa Jo sob?
(a) She doesn't like her dress.
(b) Her baby brother died too.
(c) They must miss their mother.
(d) People in town are talking about them.
5. What game do Liz, Willa Jo and Little Sister play when Liz comes to visit?
(a) Candy Land.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Willa Jo watch the sunrise at Aunt Patty's house?
2. Which of the following does NOT describe Elizabeth?
3. What is the girls' mother's name?
4. What is Aunt Patty's demeanor in #20?
5. Which of the following does Aunt Patty NOT do at Noreen's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the rules that Aunt Patty has in her house?
2. How does Aunt Patty react when Little Sister brings all the newts into the kitchen?
3. What are Willa Jo and Little Sister doing that makes Aunt Patty so upset and especially frustrated with Willa Jo?
4. How has Aunt Patty probably misjudged Liz Fingers?
5. Why is Willa Jo especially sensitive about keeping Little Sister safe?
6. What reasons does Aunt Patty have for wanting the girls to play with Cynthia Wainwright?
7. Who is Miss Pettibone and why is she irritated with Little Sister?
8. How does Cynthia's mother indicate that she knows her daughter is misbehaving while playing with the girls?
9. How does Little Sister communicate since she has stopped talking, and what does Aunt Patty think about it?
10. What is revealed about the time surrounding Baby's death which explains why Willa Jo and Little Sister want to sit on the roof at Aunt Patty's house?
This section contains 1,208 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)