|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aunt Patty threaten to do if the girls won't come down off the roof?
(a) Call their mother.
(b) Call the Fire Department.
(c) Call the Police Chief.
(d) Call their father.
2. What game do Willa Jo, Little Sister and Cynthia play?
(b) Barrel or Monkeys.
(d) Pick-Up Sticks.
3. What did Aunt Patty do when she couldn't find Willa Jo and Little Sister?
(a) Called the neighbors.
(b) Called the sheriff.
(c) Sent Uncle Hop out to find them.
(d) Drove around looking for them.
4. What of the following happened in the girls' home after Baby died?
(a) They did dishes after every meal.
(b) Their mother kept working.
(c) They had regular meals.
(d) They kept up with the laundry.
5. What is the woman in #3 doing when Willa Jo sees her?
(b) Watering flowers.
(c) Mowing the lawn.
(d) Taking out the trash.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT describe Elizabeth?
2. Aunt Patty tells Mrs. Biddle that Willa Jo is ____________________________.
3. How does Aunt Patty feel when Little Sister uses sign language in front of other people?
4. Who is with Willa Jo when watching the sunrise?
5. What does Isaac call Aunt Patty?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the rules that Aunt Patty has in her house?
2. How does Little Sister communicate since she has stopped talking, and what does Aunt Patty think about it?
3. Who is Miss Pettibone and why is she irritated with Little Sister?
4. What warnings does Aunt Patty give the girls about the family across the street?
5. What are Willa Jo and Little Sister doing that makes Aunt Patty so upset and especially frustrated with Willa Jo?
6. How does Willa Jo override Miss Pettibone's authority by removing Little Sister from the threat of ticks during lunchtime?
7. What is revealed about the time surrounding Baby's death which explains why Willa Jo and Little Sister want to sit on the roof at Aunt Patty's house?
8. What did Willa Jo and Little Sister's mother tell them about where Baby went?
9. How does Miss Pettibone show that she has a sarcastic nature?
10. How does Aunt Patty begin to change her mind about the Fingers kids?
This section contains 1,031 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)