|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job does the girls' mother do?
(a) Paints pictures for greeting cards.
(b) Sews and tailors clothing.
(c) Works as a nurse in a hospital.
(d) Owns a restaurant in town.
2. What has Little Sister not done since Baby died?
(b) Left the house.
(d) Entered Baby's room.
3. Who is Aunt Penny's husband?
(a) Uncle Hob.
(b) Uncle Jack.
(c) Uncle Fred.
(d) Uncle Joe.
4. What issue concerns Patty about Noreen?
(a) Her religion.
(b) Her job.
(c) Her house.
(d) Her health.
5. What does Willa Jo notice about Mrs. Finger?
(a) She wears a lot of make-up.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She is very short.
(d) She has bright red hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is with Willa Jo when watching the sunrise?
2. What is the first thing that Aunt Patty does when Willa Jo and Little Sister arrive at her house?
3. Where does Willa Jo watch the sunrise at Aunt Patty's house?
4. What does Aunt Patty threaten to do if the girls won't come down off the roof?
5. What did Aunt Patty do when she couldn't find Willa Jo and Little Sister?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Isaac befriend Little Sister?
2. What reasons does Aunt Patty have for wanting the girls to play with Cynthia Wainwright?
3. How does Miss Pettibone show that she has a sarcastic nature?
4. How does Aunt Patty feel when she hears the girls tell their mother that they want to come home?
5. Why does Willa Jo resent Uncle Hob's response to the girls' new clothes and why does Willa Jo think that Aunt Patty doesn't know much about children?
6. Who is Cynthia Wainwright and how do the girls meet her?
7. What are Willa Jo and Little Sister doing that makes Aunt Patty so upset and especially frustrated with Willa Jo?
8. Who is Elizabeth Fingers and how do the girls meet her?
9. How does Cynthia's mother indicate that she knows her daughter is misbehaving while playing with the girls?
10. What warnings does Aunt Patty give the girls about the family across the street?
This section contains 1,178 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)