|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the woman in #3?
2. What is Willa Jo's reaction when Mrs. Biddle tells the girls that Aunt Patty is doing her best?
(a) She agrees to come down off the roof.
(b) She says that her best isn't good enough.
(c) She doesn't even flinch.
(d) She gets tears in her eyes.
3. Which of the following best describes Aunt Patty?
4. Aunt Patty announces that the girls will be attending _______________________.
(a) the Raleigh Ballet performance.
(b) the Girl Scouts.
(c) the Y.M.C.A.
(d) the Bible School Day Camp.
5. What does Isaac give to Aunt Patty?
(a) A bouquet of flowers.
(b) Pretty stones.
(c) A butterfly in a jar.
(d) A drawing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elizabeth say that makes Willa Jo sob?
2. What does Isaac bring to Little Sister?
3. Which of the following does NOT describe Miss Pettibone?
4. Where does Willa Jo watch the sunrise at Aunt Patty's house?
5. Who is Elizabeth?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Willa Jo doing at the beginning of the book which irritates and frustrates her Aunt Patty?
2. What warnings does Aunt Patty give the girls about the family across the street?
3. Who is Elizabeth Fingers and how do the girls meet her?
4. Why does the trip to the chocolate store turn unpleasant for Willa Jo?
5. Why is Willa Jo envious of the relationship Liz has with her mother?
6. How does Aunt Patty surprise Noreen and the girls one day while they are napping?
7. What are some of the rules that Aunt Patty has in her house?
8. Why does Aunt Patty eventually offer to take Willa Jo and Little Sister for awhile?
9. Who is Cynthia Wainwright and how do the girls meet her?
10. How does Cynthia's mother indicate that she knows her daughter is misbehaving while playing with the girls?
This section contains 1,235 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)