|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why must the girls enter the house through the garage?
(a) That door is always unlocked.
(b) They can hang up their coats in the garage.
(c) Aunt Patty doesn't want her carpet to get dirty.
(d) So they won't interrupt Aunt Patty's bridge club.
2. What is Cynthia's last name?
3. What does Isaac give to Aunt Patty?
(a) A bouquet of flowers.
(b) A butterfly in a jar.
(c) Pretty stones.
(d) A drawing.
4. What does Aunt Patty keep in a glass case?
(c) Hummel figurines.
(d) Snow globes.
5. What did the girls' mother try to get them to do every day?
(a) Sit outside and watch the sun.
(b) Take a nap.
(c) Visit Baby's grave.
(d) Play with their friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What game do Liz, Willa Jo and Little Sister play when Liz comes to visit?
2. No one in Elizabeth's family is __________________.
3. What job does the girls' mother do?
4. How old is Isaac?
5. Why is Miss Pettibone annoyed with Little Sister?
Short Essay Questions
1. What act does Aunt Patty put on when Mrs. Teasley sees the girls on the roof?
2. What are some of the rules that Aunt Patty has in her house?
3. Why is Willa Jo especially sensitive about keeping Little Sister safe?
4. Explain how Aunt Patty's control issues frustrate her regarding the girls.
5. How does Aunt Patty react when Little Sister brings all the newts into the kitchen?
6. How does Little Sister communicate since she has stopped talking, and what does Aunt Patty think about it?
7. How does Aunt Patty show her intense frustration about Willa Jo to Mrs. Biddle?
8. How does Aunt Patty surprise Noreen and the girls one day while they are napping?
9. Why does Willa Jo resent Uncle Hob's response to the girls' new clothes and why does Willa Jo think that Aunt Patty doesn't know much about children?
10. Why are Aunt Patty's pleas for the girls to come down off the roof futile?
This section contains 1,077 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)