|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aunt Patty tell Willa Jo as the story begins?
(a) It is time for lunch.
(b) They are leaving for the beach now.
(c) She needs to finish her homework.
(d) She is fed up with her.
2. How long will the girls be staying with Aunt Patty?
(a) It is uncertain.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 6 seeks.
(d) 1 month.
3. Aunt Patty tells Liz that she thinks Liz would have been _______________________.
(b) helping her mother.
(c) taking swimming lessons.
(d) in Summer School.
4. How old is the woman in #3?
5. How many pets does Aunt Patty have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which neighbor does Willa Jo see as she watches the sunrise?
2. Which Bible School student comes over to eat with Willa Jo and Little Sister?
3. What is Willa Jo's reaction when Mrs. Biddle tells the girls that Aunt Patty is doing her best?
4. What store does Aunt Patty take the girls to that Willa Jo thinks is fantastic?
5. What does Aunt Patty threaten to do if the girls won't come down off the roof?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the shopping trip to get new clothes frustrating for Willa Jo and Little Sister?
2. Why does Aunt Patty eventually offer to take Willa Jo and Little Sister for awhile?
3. Why does the trip to the chocolate store turn unpleasant for Willa Jo?
4. Who is Cynthia Wainwright and how do the girls meet her?
5. How does Little Sister communicate since she has stopped talking, and what does Aunt Patty think about it?
6. How does Cynthia's mother indicate that she knows her daughter is misbehaving while playing with the girls?
7. What was life like for Willa Jo, Little Sister and their mother after Baby died?
8. Why are Willa Jo and Little Sister staying with Aunt Patty, and how long will they be there?
9. Explain how Aunt Patty's control issues frustrate her regarding the girls.
10. Why is Willa Jo envious of the relationship Liz has with her mother?
This section contains 1,201 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)