|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What treat does Isaac share with Little Sister in Chapter 11?
(b) Caramel Corn.
(d) Ding Dong.
2. What does Elizabeth do when Willa Jo and Little Sister cry?
(a) She cries and hugs them.
(b) She laughs at them.
(c) She runs away.
(d) She waits for them to finish.
3. Which of the following is NOT true about Isaac's interactions with Little Sister?
(a) He won't give her candy unless she says Please.
(b) He doesn't ask her a lot of questions.
(c) He doesn't make fun of her.
(d) He gently guides her.
4. Who is Liz' youngest brother?
5. What does Aunt Patty tell Willa Jo about Liz?
(a) Liz got kicked out of school.
(b) She saw Liz smoking a cigarette in the alley.
(c) Liz is nothing but a trouble maker.
(d) She doesn't want her spending all her time with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aunt Patty threaten to do if the girls won't come down off the roof?
2. Which of the following does NOT describe how Willa Jo thinks her mother sounds on the phone?
3. What game do Willa Jo, Little Sister and Cynthia play?
4. Who does Liz bring with her to Aunt Patty's house in Chapter 9?
5. What can Willa Jo not tell her mother on the phone?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Willa Jo associate Baby's death with the sunrise?
2. What warnings does Aunt Patty give the girls about the family across the street?
3. What does Miss Pettibone do when Willa Jo says she is going to the drugstore to call Aunt Patty?
4. Describe Aunt Patty's behavior when Little Sister rearranges the Hummel figurines in the glass case.
5. What insight does Uncle Hob offer as to why Noreen is coming to get the girls?
6. Explain the story Uncle Hob tells the girls about the summer he spent with his grandfather after his grandmother died.
7. Why has Aunt Patty joined the others sitting on the roof?
8. Why are Willa Jo and Little Sister staying with Aunt Patty, and how long will they be there?
9. Who is Cynthia Wainwright and how do the girls meet her?
10. How does Miss Pettibone show that she has a sarcastic nature?
This section contains 1,210 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)