|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Willa Jo and Little Sister decide to sit on the bench outside the drugstore?
(a) They are waiting for Miss Pettibone to take them back to Bible School.
(b) Little Sister has a blister on her foot.
(c) They are not allowed inside the store.
(d) They don't have money to make a phone call.
2. Little Sister almost slips off the roof when _____________________.
(a) she drops her soda can.
(b) she reaches for the umbrella.
(c) she moves to a higher spot.
(d) she claps her hands.
3. Liz is on her way to the store to buy _______________.
4. How did Little Sister show that she needed some comfort on the morning Baby was sick?
(a) She walked around the house whining all morning.
(b) She wouldn't leave her mother's side.
(c) She sat on Willa Jo's lap and sucked her thumb.
(d) She carried her doll with her all morning.
5. Why was Willa Jo secretly happy that Aunt Patty showed up?
(a) She always took them out for ice cream.
(b) Aunt Patty brought presents.
(c) Noreen needed help.
(d) She was her favorite aunt.
6. What does Uncle Hob do when he sees the woman in #166 walking toward the house?
(a) Bows to her.
(b) Ignores her.
(d) Throws roof tiles at her.
7. What is the only thing that Noreen would do after Baby died?
8. Little Sister and Peter knock over a display of ___________________ in the grocery.
(a) ketchup bottles.
(b) pickle jars.
(c) soft drinks.
9. What does Noreen decide made Baby so sick?
(a) The water she drank.
(b) Sun poisoning.
(c) The hot dog she ate.
(d) A spider bite.
10. How is Noreen traveling to Aunt Patty's house?
(a) She is taking an airplane.
(b) She is taking a bus.
(c) She is taking a train.
(d) She is driving a car.
11. Who is the gossip in Aunt Patty's neighborhood?
(a) Mrs. Petitjean.
(b) Mrs. Piper.
(c) Mrs. Peterson.
(d) Mrs. Potts.
12. What had Aunt Patty done the night before that caused Willa Jo to become annoyed?
(a) She called her a little girl.
(b) She called around trying to find playmates for the girls.
(c) She wouldn't let her leave the table until she finished her carrots.
(d) She made her wear new pajamas with fairies on them.
13. Where did Noreen get the water for Baby at the carnival?
(a) From melted ice.
(b) From a drinking fountain.
(c) From a sausage vendor at the carnival.
(d) From a soft drink stand.
14. Aunt Patty tells Noreen that they will be down from the roof ______________________.
(a) as soon as the sun sets.
(b) tomorrow morning.
(c) as soon as the Fire Department gets there.
(d) as soon as she can bring a ladder.
15. What does Aunt Patty say to Willa Jo that lets her know she is fed up with her?
(a) Willa Jo is the most anti-social child she has ever known.
(b) Willa Jo is a bad influence on Little Sister.
(c) Willa Jo should just get her shoes on and walk home.
(d) Willa Jo doesn't have one cooperative bone in her body.
Short Answer Questions
1. What game do the girls play with the roof tiles?
2. Where did Noreen and Milly take the kids one day?
3. Who did Noreen send Willa Jo to get help when Baby was sick?
4. How is Uncle Hob dressed when he crawls out onto the roof?
5. What do Noreen and the girls watch at the beginning of Chapter 19?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)