|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Willa Jo tell Uncle Hob that she and Little Sister would like to have returned to them?
(a) Their radio.
(b) Their purses.
(c) Their tennis shoes.
(d) Their pictures.
2. Aunt Patty introduces Little Sister as ______________.
3. How is Uncle Hob dressed when he crawls out onto the roof?
(a) Swim trunks.
(b) Shirt and tie.
4. What was Willa Jo secretly appreciative of about Aunt Patty?
(a) She always was in a good mood.
(b) She knew that she liked Willa Jo the best.
(c) She let Willa Jo drive the car on the back roads.
(d) When she asked to take the girls to her home for awhile.
5. What does Willa Jo notice as she runs back home after seeking help the person in #133?
(a) The milkman is making his deliveries.
(b) Her shoestring is about to break.
(c) The sun is beginning to rise.
(d) The garbage truck is coming down the street.
6. What reason does Little Sister give for staying on the roof so long?
(a) So that they could take photos of the sunrise.
(b) So that they could be closer to Baby.
(c) So they could watch the town waking up.
(d) So they could throw pebbles at people.
7. What is the only thing Noreen would do after Baby's death?
8. Willa Jo has a scary dream about Baby ____________________.
(a) going into a carnival tent.
(b) walking into traffic.
(c) being hit by a car.
(d) drowning in the swimming pool.
9. Why did Uncle Hob stay with his grandfather that summer?
(a) He needed some discipline.
(b) He wanted a summer job.
(c) His grandfather was ill.
(d) His grandmother had died.
10. Why does Aunt Patty say she might introduce Tressa to Mrs. Finger?
(a) They both like to play cards.
(b) They both have so many boys.
(c) They both like to bake.
(d) They both are beautiful pianists.
11. Why do Willa Jo and Little Sister decide to sit on the bench outside the drugstore?
(a) They are waiting for Miss Pettibone to take them back to Bible School.
(b) Little Sister has a blister on her foot.
(c) They are not allowed inside the store.
(d) They don't have money to make a phone call.
12. Miss Pettibone threatens to call the girls' mothers if they don't _____________________.
(a) play kickball.
(b) finish their drawings.
(c) join in the singing.
(d) read their Bible verses.
13. What does Uncle Hob ask the girls on the roof when he sticks his head out a window?
(a) If they wanted a cheese sandwich and some water.
(b) If they could see China from where they were sitting.
(c) If they wanted to go to the seashore.
(d) If they wanted a radio to keep them company.
14. What is one of Aunt Patty's grievances at the house?
(a) No one appreciates her.
(b) Uncle Hob has to be reminded to take out the trash.
(c) She always has to ask for help with the dishes.
(d) Everyone tracks in mud through the kitchen.
15. What does Uncle Hob give to Little Sister?
(a) Flip flops.
(c) An umbrella.
(d) A beach towel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Liz is on her way to the store to buy _______________.
2. Why does Little Sister say she had not spoken since Baby's death?
3. Which of the following is NOT true about Willa Jo and Little Sister at the beginning of Chapter 15?
4. Who accompanies Noreen on the trip to pick up the girls?
5. What does Aunt Patty do that surprises the girls?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)