|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Noreen get the water for Baby at the carnival?
(a) From a soft drink stand.
(b) From a sausage vendor at the carnival.
(c) From a drinking fountain.
(d) From melted ice.
2. How is Noreen traveling to Aunt Patty's house?
(a) She is taking an airplane.
(b) She is taking a train.
(c) She is driving a car.
(d) She is taking a bus.
3. How is Uncle Hob dressed when he crawls out onto the roof?
(a) Shirt and tie.
(c) Swim trunks.
4. Where had Willa Jo's father worked before it went out of business?
(a) The mine.
(b) The automotive plant.
(c) The garage.
(d) The construction company.
5. Uncle Hob tells Willa Jo and Little Sister about the summer he was _______________
6. What was Willa Jo secretly appreciative of about Aunt Patty?
(a) She knew that she liked Willa Jo the best.
(b) She always was in a good mood.
(c) When she asked to take the girls to her home for awhile.
(d) She let Willa Jo drive the car on the back roads.
7. Which of the following did Noreen NOT do all morning when Baby was sick?
(a) Watched TV.
(b) Fixed coffee.
(c) Worked out on the treadmill.
(d) Read the paper.
8. Aunt Patty asks Willa Jo if Little Sister had drunk _________________ the day they went to the fair.
(a) bad water.
9. Aunt Patty wants to hold Little Sister upside down or ________________ to make her talk.
(a) slap her.
(b) pinch her.
(c) sit on her.
(d) squeeze her.
10. What musical instrument does Uncle Hob play?
11. What did the doctors ask when Noreen, Milly and the girls went to the hospital?
(a) If Noreen gave aspirin to Baby.
(b) If Baby had been sick for awhile.
(c) What everyone ate and drank at the carnival.
(d) If the girls had their inoculations.
12. Who scolded Noreen for letting herself go after Baby's death?
(b) Uncle Hob.
(c) Willa Jo.
(d) Aunt Patty.
13. What does Uncle Hob do when he sees the woman in #166 walking toward the house?
(a) Ignores her.
(b) Bows to her.
(c) Throws roof tiles at her.
14. How many children does the woman in #116 have?
15. What was Baby's real name?
(a) Jamie Elise Dean.
(b) Janine Elaine Dean.
(c) Joy Ellen Dean.
(d) Jacqueline Eva Dean.
Short Answer Questions
1. Little Sister and Peter knock over a display of ___________________ in the grocery.
2. Why is Little Sister upset at Aunt Patty?
3. What does Uncle Hob recall about the summer he spent with his grandfather?
4. Where did Noreen and Milly take the kids one day?
5. What grocery store does Aunt Patty take Willa Jo and Little Sister to one day?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)