|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aunt Patty say to Willa Jo that lets her know she is fed up with her?
(a) Willa Jo is a bad influence on Little Sister.
(b) Willa Jo is the most anti-social child she has ever known.
(c) Willa Jo doesn't have one cooperative bone in her body.
(d) Willa Jo should just get her shoes on and walk home.
2. Why was Willa Jo secretly happy that Aunt Patty showed up?
(a) Noreen needed help.
(b) She was her favorite aunt.
(c) She always took them out for ice cream.
(d) Aunt Patty brought presents.
3. What reason does Little Sister give for staying on the roof so long?
(a) So that they could take photos of the sunrise.
(b) So that they could be closer to Baby.
(c) So they could watch the town waking up.
(d) So they could throw pebbles at people.
4. Which of the following did Uncle Hob NOT do when he stayed with his grandfather?
(a) Let his hair grow.
(b) Drove the truck.
(c) Didn't take showers.
(d) Ate junk food.
5. Who did Noreen talk to a lot of times while her husband was away?
6. Why does Willa Jo want to go to the drugstore?
(a) To call Aunt Patty.
(b) To get ice cream.
(c) To buy sunscreen.
(d) To get some candy.
7. How is Uncle Hob dressed when he crawls out onto the roof?
(a) Swim trunks.
(d) Shirt and tie.
8. What is the only thing Noreen would do after Baby's death?
9. Miss Pettibone threatens to call the girls' mothers if they don't _____________________.
(a) finish their drawings.
(b) join in the singing.
(c) read their Bible verses.
(d) play kickball.
10. A dream about _______________ wakens Willa Jo.
(b) Her mother.
(d) Miss Pettibone.
11. Willa Jo has a scary dream about Baby ____________________.
(a) walking into traffic.
(b) being hit by a car.
(c) going into a carnival tent.
(d) drowning in the swimming pool.
12. What game do the girls play with the roof tiles?
(b) Go Fish.
13. What did Aunt Patty offer to pay for for Noreen?
(a) Little Sister's pre-school fees.
(b) Her move to a place closer to Patty.
(c) Willa Jo's college education.
(d) A new dress for Noreen.
14. What does Willa Jo notice as she runs back home after seeking help the person in #133?
(a) The milkman is making his deliveries.
(b) The garbage truck is coming down the street.
(c) The sun is beginning to rise.
(d) Her shoestring is about to break.
15. What do Noreen and the girls watch at the beginning of Chapter 19?
(b) A movie.
(c) The sunrise.
(d) Good Morning America.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Noreen say that she can see Baby's face?
2. Why does Noreen think Baby is fussy on the way home?
3. Little Sister and Peter knock over a display of ___________________ in the grocery.
4. What does Aunt Patty tell Noreen about being on the roof?
5. What does Uncle Hob bring with him out onto the roof?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)