|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Little Sister say she had not spoken since Baby's death?
(a) She was just playing a game.
(b) She thought Willa Jo would take care of her.
(c) She was really scared of Aunt Patty.
(d) Her voice was lost in sadness.
2. What does Noreen decide made Baby so sick?
(a) The hot dog she ate.
(b) Sun poisoning.
(c) A spider bite.
(d) The water she drank.
3. Why did Uncle Hob stay with his grandfather that summer?
(a) His grandmother had died.
(b) He wanted a summer job.
(c) His grandfather was ill.
(d) He needed some discipline.
4. Which childhood friend of Aunt Patty's do Aunt Patty and the girls see at the grocery?
5. A dream about _______________ wakens Willa Jo.
(a) Her mother.
(d) Miss Pettibone.
6. Little Sister almost slips off the roof when _____________________.
(a) she reaches for the umbrella.
(b) she drops her soda can.
(c) she moves to a higher spot.
(d) she claps her hands.
7. Who is the gossip in Aunt Patty's neighborhood?
(a) Mrs. Piper.
(b) Mrs. Potts.
(c) Mrs. Petitjean.
(d) Mrs. Peterson.
8. Noreen has called and wants to _________________.
(a) go shopping.
(b) see the girls.
(c) get a divorce.
(d) move to Charlotte.
9. Why does Aunt Patty say she might introduce Tressa to Mrs. Finger?
(a) They both have so many boys.
(b) They both are beautiful pianists.
(c) They both like to play cards.
(d) They both like to bake.
10. Aunt Patty introduces Little Sister as ______________.
11. Noreen painted pictures of Baby ___________________.
(a) in her bed.
(b) in heaven.
(c) as a newborn.
(d) playing in the grass.
12. Who accompanies Noreen on the trip to pick up the girls?
(b) Her husband.
13. Where did Noreen and Milly take the kids one day?
(a) The carnival.
(b) The city.
(c) The seashore.
(d) The museum.
14. What grocery store does Aunt Patty take Willa Jo and Little Sister to one day?
(a) Whole Foods.
(b) Piggly Wiggly.
15. How is Uncle Hob dressed when he crawls out onto the roof?
(c) Swim trunks.
(d) Shirt and tie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Uncle Hob give to Little Sister?
2. What does Uncle Hob recall about the summer he spent with his grandfather?
3. What game do the girls play with the roof tiles?
4. Who scolded Noreen for letting herself go after Baby's death?
5. Why does Noreen think Baby is fussy on the way home?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)