|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aunt Patty tell Noreen about being on the roof?
(a) It's a great place to have a family chat.
(b) It is very hot.
(c) She wouldn't believe the view.
(d) It is slippery in spots.
2. Where does Noreen say that she can see Baby's face?
(a) In every child.
(b) In her mind.
(c) In her heart.
(d) In the sunrise.
3. What does Willa Jo find her mother doing the morning after Baby's funeral?
(a) Making phone calls.
(b) Watching the sunrise.
(c) Sitting in the dark smoking cigarettes.
(d) Crying in Baby's room.
4. What was Baby's real name?
(a) Janine Elaine Dean.
(b) Jamie Elise Dean.
(c) Jacqueline Eva Dean.
(d) Joy Ellen Dean.
5. Why do Willa Jo and Little Sister decide to sit on the bench outside the drugstore?
(a) Little Sister has a blister on her foot.
(b) They are not allowed inside the store.
(c) They don't have money to make a phone call.
(d) They are waiting for Miss Pettibone to take them back to Bible School.
6. What had Aunt Patty done the night before that caused Willa Jo to become annoyed?
(a) She called her a little girl.
(b) She called around trying to find playmates for the girls.
(c) She made her wear new pajamas with fairies on them.
(d) She wouldn't let her leave the table until she finished her carrots.
7. Why was Willa Jo secretly happy that Aunt Patty showed up?
(a) Aunt Patty brought presents.
(b) She was her favorite aunt.
(c) She always took them out for ice cream.
(d) Noreen needed help.
8. What does Noreen decide made Baby so sick?
(a) A spider bite.
(b) Sun poisoning.
(c) The water she drank.
(d) The hot dog she ate.
9. What do Noreen and the girls watch at the beginning of Chapter 19?
(b) The sunrise.
(c) Good Morning America.
(d) A movie.
10. What does Aunt Patty do that surprises the girls?
(a) Buys them cute clothes.
(b) Comes out onto the roof with them.
(c) Tells them they can sleep in a tent tonight.
(d) Lets them have Liz over for a slumber party.
11. What does Uncle Hob give to Little Sister?
(a) A beach towel.
(b) Flip flops.
(c) An umbrella.
12. Which of the following is NOT true about Willa Jo and Little Sister at the beginning of Chapter 15?
(a) It is very hot.
(b) They are getting sunburned.
(c) They are singing at Bible School.
(d) They are still on the roof.
13. Which of the following did Uncle Hob NOT do when he stayed with his grandfather?
(a) Didn't take showers.
(b) Let his hair grow.
(c) Ate junk food.
(d) Drove the truck.
14. Which childhood friend of Aunt Patty's do Aunt Patty and the girls see at the grocery?
15. How did Little Sister show that she needed some comfort on the morning Baby was sick?
(a) She walked around the house whining all morning.
(b) She wouldn't leave her mother's side.
(c) She sat on Willa Jo's lap and sucked her thumb.
(d) She carried her doll with her all morning.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accompanies Noreen on the trip to pick up the girls?
2. A dream about _______________ wakens Willa Jo.
3. What does Aunt Patty say to Willa Jo that lets her know she is fed up with her?
4. Why does Noreen think Baby is fussy on the way home?
5. What does Willa Jo notice as she runs back home after seeking help the person in #133?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)