|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Uncle Hob tells Willa Jo and Little Sister about the summer he was _______________
2. Why was Willa Jo secretly happy that Aunt Patty showed up?
(a) She was her favorite aunt.
(b) She always took them out for ice cream.
(c) Aunt Patty brought presents.
(d) Noreen needed help.
3. Why does Noreen think Baby is fussy on the way home?
(a) She must need a diaper change.
(b) She must be sleepy.
(c) She must be teething.
(d) She must be hungry.
4. What did the doctors ask when Noreen, Milly and the girls went to the hospital?
(a) If the girls had their inoculations.
(b) What everyone ate and drank at the carnival.
(c) If Noreen gave aspirin to Baby.
(d) If Baby had been sick for awhile.
5. Noreen painted pictures of Baby ___________________.
(a) playing in the grass.
(b) in her bed.
(c) as a newborn.
(d) in heaven.
6. Aunt Patty introduces Little Sister as ______________.
7. What does Aunt Patty do that surprises the girls?
(a) Comes out onto the roof with them.
(b) Buys them cute clothes.
(c) Tells them they can sleep in a tent tonight.
(d) Lets them have Liz over for a slumber party.
8. What was Willa Jo secretly appreciative of about Aunt Patty?
(a) She let Willa Jo drive the car on the back roads.
(b) She always was in a good mood.
(c) She knew that she liked Willa Jo the best.
(d) When she asked to take the girls to her home for awhile.
9. Uncle Hob gives the girls a mason jar filled with __________________.
10. What reason does Little Sister give for staying on the roof so long?
(a) So they could throw pebbles at people.
(b) So that they could be closer to Baby.
(c) So that they could take photos of the sunrise.
(d) So they could watch the town waking up.
11. What does Aunt Patty say to Willa Jo that lets her know she is fed up with her?
(a) Willa Jo doesn't have one cooperative bone in her body.
(b) Willa Jo is the most anti-social child she has ever known.
(c) Willa Jo should just get her shoes on and walk home.
(d) Willa Jo is a bad influence on Little Sister.
12. What is the only thing Noreen would do after Baby's death?
13. What does Willa Jo notice as she runs back home after seeking help the person in #133?
(a) Her shoestring is about to break.
(b) The milkman is making his deliveries.
(c) The garbage truck is coming down the street.
(d) The sun is beginning to rise.
14. What does Uncle Hob ask the girls on the roof when he sticks his head out a window?
(a) If they wanted a cheese sandwich and some water.
(b) If they could see China from where they were sitting.
(c) If they wanted a radio to keep them company.
(d) If they wanted to go to the seashore.
15. Aunt Patty tells Noreen that they will be down from the roof ______________________.
(a) tomorrow morning.
(b) as soon as she can bring a ladder.
(c) as soon as the Fire Department gets there.
(d) as soon as the sun sets.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which childhood friend of Aunt Patty's do Aunt Patty and the girls see at the grocery?
2. Which of the following did Noreen NOT do all morning when Baby was sick?
3. What was Baby's real name?
4. A dream about _______________ wakens Willa Jo.
5. What does Willa Jo want more than anything?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)