|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Aunt Patty tells Noreen that they will be down from the roof ______________________.
(a) tomorrow morning.
(b) as soon as she can bring a ladder.
(c) as soon as the Fire Department gets there.
(d) as soon as the sun sets.
2. Where does Noreen say that she can see Baby's face?
(a) In every child.
(b) In her heart.
(c) In her mind.
(d) In the sunrise.
3. How did Little Sister show that she needed some comfort on the morning Baby was sick?
(a) She carried her doll with her all morning.
(b) She walked around the house whining all morning.
(c) She sat on Willa Jo's lap and sucked her thumb.
(d) She wouldn't leave her mother's side.
4. What does Willa Jo tell Uncle Hob that she and Little Sister would like to have returned to them?
(a) Their pictures.
(b) Their radio.
(c) Their purses.
(d) Their tennis shoes.
5. A dream about _______________ wakens Willa Jo.
(c) Miss Pettibone.
(d) Her mother.
6. Liz is on her way to the store to buy _______________.
7. Why is Miss Pettibone aggravated with all the girls at lunch time?
(a) They are sitting on the steps.
(b) They didn't finish their lunch.
(c) They littered under the tree.
(d) They won't come inside after lunch.
8. What does Uncle Hob ask the girls on the roof when he sticks his head out a window?
(a) If they could see China from where they were sitting.
(b) If they wanted to go to the seashore.
(c) If they wanted a cheese sandwich and some water.
(d) If they wanted a radio to keep them company.
9. What did the doctors ask when Noreen, Milly and the girls went to the hospital?
(a) If Baby had been sick for awhile.
(b) If the girls had their inoculations.
(c) What everyone ate and drank at the carnival.
(d) If Noreen gave aspirin to Baby.
10. Why did Uncle Hob stay with his grandfather that summer?
(a) He wanted a summer job.
(b) His grandfather was ill.
(c) He needed some discipline.
(d) His grandmother had died.
11. What musical instrument does Uncle Hob play?
12. Little Sister almost slips off the roof when _____________________.
(a) she moves to a higher spot.
(b) she drops her soda can.
(c) she claps her hands.
(d) she reaches for the umbrella.
13. What was Willa Jo secretly appreciative of about Aunt Patty?
(a) She always was in a good mood.
(b) She knew that she liked Willa Jo the best.
(c) When she asked to take the girls to her home for awhile.
(d) She let Willa Jo drive the car on the back roads.
14. Noreen painted pictures of Baby ___________________.
(a) playing in the grass.
(b) as a newborn.
(c) in heaven.
(d) in her bed.
15. Which of the following is NOT true about Willa Jo and Little Sister at the beginning of Chapter 15?
(a) It is very hot.
(b) They are still on the roof.
(c) They are singing at Bible School.
(d) They are getting sunburned.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Uncle Hob dressed when he crawls out onto the roof?
2. What does Uncle Hob bring with him out onto the roof?
3. Who is the gossip in Aunt Patty's neighborhood?
4. Why was Willa Jo secretly happy that Aunt Patty showed up?
5. What is one of Aunt Patty's grievances at the house?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)