|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Noreen tell the girls she is sure about Baby?
(a) That she did all she could for her.
(b) She knew how much they loved her.
(c) She is in heaven with the angels.
(d) They will always keep Baby in their hearts.
2. Who did Noreen talk to a lot of times while her husband was away?
3. Why does Little Sister say she had not spoken since Baby's death?
(a) Her voice was lost in sadness.
(b) She was just playing a game.
(c) She was really scared of Aunt Patty.
(d) She thought Willa Jo would take care of her.
4. Why is Little Sister upset at Aunt Patty?
(a) She threw out her June bug.
(b) She makes her eat peas.
(c) She won't let her have dessert.
(d) She puts her hair in ponytails.
5. With what subject does Willa Jo help Little Sister?
6. What is the only thing Noreen would do after Baby's death?
7. How is Noreen traveling to Aunt Patty's house?
(a) She is taking an airplane.
(b) She is taking a bus.
(c) She is taking a train.
(d) She is driving a car.
8. What does Uncle Hob give to Little Sister?
(a) A beach towel.
(b) Flip flops.
(c) An umbrella.
9. Why does Willa Jo want to go to the drugstore?
(a) To get ice cream.
(b) To get some candy.
(c) To buy sunscreen.
(d) To call Aunt Patty.
10. Who did Noreen send Willa Jo to get help when Baby was sick?
(c) Aunt Patty.
(d) Her father.
11. What reason does Little Sister give for staying on the roof so long?
(a) So they could throw pebbles at people.
(b) So that they could take photos of the sunrise.
(c) So that they could be closer to Baby.
(d) So they could watch the town waking up.
12. What has Aunt Patty done that surprises Willa Jo?
(a) She has kissed Uncle Hob on the front lawn.
(b) She has invited the Finger family to dinner.
(c) She has called Mrs. Finger for advice.
(d) She has gone to the grocery in her gardening clothes.
13. Noreen has called and wants to _________________.
(a) move to Charlotte.
(b) go shopping.
(c) get a divorce.
(d) see the girls.
14. How is Uncle Hob dressed when he crawls out onto the roof?
(a) Shirt and tie.
(c) Swim trunks.
15. Why is Miss Pettibone terminated from the Bible School?
(a) Because the students got ticks.
(b) Because she took the students on field trips without permission.
(c) Because she came drunk one day.
(d) Because she stopped showing up for class.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Willa Jo notice as she runs back home after seeking help the person in #133?
2. What does Noreen decide made Baby so sick?
3. Miss Pettibone threatens to call the girls' mothers if they don't _____________________.
4. A dream about _______________ wakens Willa Jo.
5. Liz is on her way to the store to buy _______________.
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)