|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Uncle Hob give to Little Sister?
(a) Flip flops.
(b) An umbrella.
(d) A beach towel.
2. Why is Miss Pettibone aggravated with all the girls at lunch time?
(a) They littered under the tree.
(b) They won't come inside after lunch.
(c) They didn't finish their lunch.
(d) They are sitting on the steps.
3. What does Noreen tell the girls she is sure about Baby?
(a) They will always keep Baby in their hearts.
(b) She is in heaven with the angels.
(c) That she did all she could for her.
(d) She knew how much they loved her.
4. What does Willa Jo want more than anything?
(a) To take swimming lessons.
(b) To get a new party dress.
(c) To go home.
(d) To go to Disney World.
5. What game do the girls play with the roof tiles?
(c) Go Fish.
6. What does Uncle Hob bring with him out onto the roof?
(a) A radio.
(b) A picnic basket.
(c) A book.
(d) A hammer.
7. What does Noreen decide made Baby so sick?
(a) The hot dog she ate.
(b) The water she drank.
(c) Sun poisoning.
(d) A spider bite.
8. How is Uncle Hob dressed when he crawls out onto the roof?
(b) Swim trunks.
(d) Shirt and tie.
9. What did the doctors ask when Noreen, Milly and the girls went to the hospital?
(a) If the girls had their inoculations.
(b) If Noreen gave aspirin to Baby.
(c) What everyone ate and drank at the carnival.
(d) If Baby had been sick for awhile.
10. Which childhood friend of Aunt Patty's do Aunt Patty and the girls see at the grocery?
11. Aunt Patty tells Noreen that they will be down from the roof ______________________.
(a) as soon as she can bring a ladder.
(b) as soon as the Fire Department gets there.
(c) tomorrow morning.
(d) as soon as the sun sets.
12. Why does Aunt Patty say she might introduce Tressa to Mrs. Finger?
(a) They both have so many boys.
(b) They both like to play cards.
(c) They both like to bake.
(d) They both are beautiful pianists.
13. What does Aunt Patty do that surprises the girls?
(a) Tells them they can sleep in a tent tonight.
(b) Comes out onto the roof with them.
(c) Buys them cute clothes.
(d) Lets them have Liz over for a slumber party.
14. What does Aunt Patty say to Willa Jo that lets her know she is fed up with her?
(a) Willa Jo is the most anti-social child she has ever known.
(b) Willa Jo doesn't have one cooperative bone in her body.
(c) Willa Jo is a bad influence on Little Sister.
(d) Willa Jo should just get her shoes on and walk home.
15. How did Little Sister show that she needed some comfort on the morning Baby was sick?
(a) She walked around the house whining all morning.
(b) She carried her doll with her all morning.
(c) She wouldn't leave her mother's side.
(d) She sat on Willa Jo's lap and sucked her thumb.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Noreen send Willa Jo to get help when Baby was sick?
2. What did Aunt Patty offer to pay for for Noreen?
3. What does Willa Jo find her mother doing the morning after Baby's funeral?
4. Who scolded Noreen for letting herself go after Baby's death?
5. Noreen has called and wants to _________________.
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)