|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Little Sister show that she needed some comfort on the morning Baby was sick?
(a) She walked around the house whining all morning.
(b) She carried her doll with her all morning.
(c) She wouldn't leave her mother's side.
(d) She sat on Willa Jo's lap and sucked her thumb.
2. What is one of Aunt Patty's grievances at the house?
(a) No one appreciates her.
(b) Uncle Hob has to be reminded to take out the trash.
(c) Everyone tracks in mud through the kitchen.
(d) She always has to ask for help with the dishes.
3. What did Aunt Patty offer to pay for for Noreen?
(a) A new dress for Noreen.
(b) Her move to a place closer to Patty.
(c) Little Sister's pre-school fees.
(d) Willa Jo's college education.
4. What does Willa Jo find her mother doing the morning after Baby's funeral?
(a) Sitting in the dark smoking cigarettes.
(b) Watching the sunrise.
(c) Making phone calls.
(d) Crying in Baby's room.
5. What does Uncle Hob do when he sees the woman in #166 walking toward the house?
(a) Bows to her.
(c) Throws roof tiles at her.
(d) Ignores her.
6. What does Aunt Patty want Uncle Hob to do when she appears at the dormer window?
(a) Give sweaters to the girls.
(b) Come inside the house.
(c) Pass in the empty picnic basket.
(d) Fix the roof tiles.
7. What has Aunt Patty done that surprises Willa Jo?
(a) She has invited the Finger family to dinner.
(b) She has gone to the grocery in her gardening clothes.
(c) She has kissed Uncle Hob on the front lawn.
(d) She has called Mrs. Finger for advice.
8. Liz is on her way to the store to buy _______________.
9. Aunt Patty introduces Little Sister as ______________.
10. Why do Willa Jo and Little Sister decide to sit on the bench outside the drugstore?
(a) Little Sister has a blister on her foot.
(b) They are not allowed inside the store.
(c) They don't have money to make a phone call.
(d) They are waiting for Miss Pettibone to take them back to Bible School.
11. What does Aunt Patty say to Willa Jo that lets her know she is fed up with her?
(a) Willa Jo is a bad influence on Little Sister.
(b) Willa Jo is the most anti-social child she has ever known.
(c) Willa Jo should just get her shoes on and walk home.
(d) Willa Jo doesn't have one cooperative bone in her body.
12. What grocery store does Aunt Patty take Willa Jo and Little Sister to one day?
(c) Whole Foods.
(d) Piggly Wiggly.
13. What does Uncle Hob ask the girls on the roof when he sticks his head out a window?
(a) If they could see China from where they were sitting.
(b) If they wanted a cheese sandwich and some water.
(c) If they wanted to go to the seashore.
(d) If they wanted a radio to keep them company.
14. What had Aunt Patty done the night before that caused Willa Jo to become annoyed?
(a) She called around trying to find playmates for the girls.
(b) She wouldn't let her leave the table until she finished her carrots.
(c) She made her wear new pajamas with fairies on them.
(d) She called her a little girl.
15. Which of the following is NOT true about Willa Jo and Little Sister at the beginning of Chapter 15?
(a) They are singing at Bible School.
(b) It is very hot.
(c) They are getting sunburned.
(d) They are still on the roof.
Short Answer Questions
1. Aunt Patty asks Willa Jo if Little Sister had drunk _________________ the day they went to the fair.
2. What does Willa Jo tell Uncle Hob that she and Little Sister would like to have returned to them?
3. What does Willa Jo notice as she runs back home after seeking help the person in #133?
4. What game do the girls play with the roof tiles?
5. Willa Jo has a scary dream about Baby ____________________.
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)