|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only thing Noreen would do after Baby's death?
2. Who did Noreen send Willa Jo to get help when Baby was sick?
(b) Aunt Patty.
(d) Her father.
3. Who accompanies Noreen on the trip to pick up the girls?
(b) Her husband.
4. What does Noreen tell the girls she is sure about Baby?
(a) She knew how much they loved her.
(b) That she did all she could for her.
(c) They will always keep Baby in their hearts.
(d) She is in heaven with the angels.
5. Uncle Hob gives the girls a mason jar filled with __________________.
6. Noreen has called and wants to _________________.
(a) move to Charlotte.
(b) go shopping.
(c) see the girls.
(d) get a divorce.
7. Who is the gossip in Aunt Patty's neighborhood?
(a) Mrs. Petitjean.
(b) Mrs. Piper.
(c) Mrs. Potts.
(d) Mrs. Peterson.
8. Why does Willa Jo want to go to the drugstore?
(a) To get some candy.
(b) To call Aunt Patty.
(c) To get ice cream.
(d) To buy sunscreen.
9. Noreen painted pictures of Baby ___________________.
(a) in her bed.
(b) in heaven.
(c) as a newborn.
(d) playing in the grass.
10. What did Aunt Patty offer to pay for for Noreen?
(a) Her move to a place closer to Patty.
(b) Little Sister's pre-school fees.
(c) A new dress for Noreen.
(d) Willa Jo's college education.
11. What does Aunt Patty say to Willa Jo that lets her know she is fed up with her?
(a) Willa Jo should just get her shoes on and walk home.
(b) Willa Jo is the most anti-social child she has ever known.
(c) Willa Jo is a bad influence on Little Sister.
(d) Willa Jo doesn't have one cooperative bone in her body.
12. What is the only thing that Noreen would do after Baby died?
13. Why does Noreen think Baby is fussy on the way home?
(a) She must be teething.
(b) She must be sleepy.
(c) She must be hungry.
(d) She must need a diaper change.
14. How is Uncle Hob dressed when he crawls out onto the roof?
(c) Swim trunks.
(d) Shirt and tie.
15. Who scolded Noreen for letting herself go after Baby's death?
(b) Willa Jo.
(c) Uncle Hob.
(d) Aunt Patty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Baby's real name?
2. Why was Willa Jo secretly happy that Aunt Patty showed up?
3. Why did Uncle Hob stay with his grandfather that summer?
4. Willa Jo has a scary dream about Baby ____________________.
5. Where did Noreen get the water for Baby at the carnival?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)