|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Little Sister almost slips off the roof when _____________________.
(a) she claps her hands.
(b) she moves to a higher spot.
(c) she reaches for the umbrella.
(d) she drops her soda can.
2. Why is Miss Pettibone aggravated with all the girls at lunch time?
(a) They didn't finish their lunch.
(b) They are sitting on the steps.
(c) They won't come inside after lunch.
(d) They littered under the tree.
3. Why did Uncle Hob stay with his grandfather that summer?
(a) His grandmother had died.
(b) His grandfather was ill.
(c) He wanted a summer job.
(d) He needed some discipline.
4. Which of the following did Uncle Hob NOT do when he stayed with his grandfather?
(a) Ate junk food.
(b) Drove the truck.
(c) Didn't take showers.
(d) Let his hair grow.
5. Little Sister and Peter knock over a display of ___________________ in the grocery.
(a) ketchup bottles.
(b) pickle jars.
(c) soft drinks.
6. Aunt Patty asks Willa Jo if Little Sister had drunk _________________ the day they went to the fair.
(b) bad water.
7. Aunt Patty introduces Little Sister as ______________.
8. What reason does Little Sister give for staying on the roof so long?
(a) So that they could be closer to Baby.
(b) So that they could take photos of the sunrise.
(c) So they could watch the town waking up.
(d) So they could throw pebbles at people.
9. Where had Willa Jo's father worked before it went out of business?
(a) The garage.
(b) The mine.
(c) The construction company.
(d) The automotive plant.
10. What does Uncle Hob bring with him out onto the roof?
(a) A radio.
(b) A book.
(c) A hammer.
(d) A picnic basket.
11. What game do the girls play with the roof tiles?
(b) Go Fish.
12. Which of the following is NOT true about Willa Jo and Little Sister at the beginning of Chapter 15?
(a) They are singing at Bible School.
(b) They are getting sunburned.
(c) They are still on the roof.
(d) It is very hot.
13. How is Noreen traveling to Aunt Patty's house?
(a) She is driving a car.
(b) She is taking a train.
(c) She is taking an airplane.
(d) She is taking a bus.
14. What is one of Aunt Patty's grievances at the house?
(a) She always has to ask for help with the dishes.
(b) Everyone tracks in mud through the kitchen.
(c) No one appreciates her.
(d) Uncle Hob has to be reminded to take out the trash.
15. What does Aunt Patty want Uncle Hob to do when she appears at the dormer window?
(a) Fix the roof tiles.
(b) Come inside the house.
(c) Give sweaters to the girls.
(d) Pass in the empty picnic basket.
Short Answer Questions
1. Noreen has called and wants to _________________.
2. Noreen painted pictures of Baby ___________________.
3. What does Willa Jo find her mother doing the morning after Baby's funeral?
4. Uncle Hob tells Willa Jo and Little Sister about the summer he was _______________
5. What musical instrument does Uncle Hob play?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)