|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Baby's real name?
(a) Janine Elaine Dean.
(b) Jamie Elise Dean.
(c) Joy Ellen Dean.
(d) Jacqueline Eva Dean.
2. What does Willa Jo tell Uncle Hob that she and Little Sister would like to have returned to them?
(a) Their pictures.
(b) Their tennis shoes.
(c) Their purses.
(d) Their radio.
3. How did Little Sister show that she needed some comfort on the morning Baby was sick?
(a) She walked around the house whining all morning.
(b) She sat on Willa Jo's lap and sucked her thumb.
(c) She wouldn't leave her mother's side.
(d) She carried her doll with her all morning.
4. Where had Willa Jo's father worked before it went out of business?
(a) The construction company.
(b) The automotive plant.
(c) The mine.
(d) The garage.
5. What does Willa Jo find her mother doing the morning after Baby's funeral?
(a) Making phone calls.
(b) Crying in Baby's room.
(c) Watching the sunrise.
(d) Sitting in the dark smoking cigarettes.
6. What did Aunt Patty offer to pay for for Noreen?
(a) Willa Jo's college education.
(b) Little Sister's pre-school fees.
(c) A new dress for Noreen.
(d) Her move to a place closer to Patty.
7. What do Noreen and the girls watch at the beginning of Chapter 19?
(b) The sunrise.
(c) A movie.
(d) Good Morning America.
8. What reason does Little Sister give for staying on the roof so long?
(a) So that they could be closer to Baby.
(b) So that they could take photos of the sunrise.
(c) So they could watch the town waking up.
(d) So they could throw pebbles at people.
9. Who did Noreen send Willa Jo to get help when Baby was sick?
(a) Her father.
(c) Aunt Patty.
10. Aunt Patty wants to hold Little Sister upside down or ________________ to make her talk.
(a) sit on her.
(b) slap her.
(c) pinch her.
(d) squeeze her.
11. Where did Noreen get the water for Baby at the carnival?
(a) From a drinking fountain.
(b) From a soft drink stand.
(c) From a sausage vendor at the carnival.
(d) From melted ice.
12. Which of the following is NOT true about Willa Jo and Little Sister at the beginning of Chapter 15?
(a) They are singing at Bible School.
(b) It is very hot.
(c) They are getting sunburned.
(d) They are still on the roof.
13. Why does Aunt Patty say she might introduce Tressa to Mrs. Finger?
(a) They both like to bake.
(b) They both have so many boys.
(c) They both are beautiful pianists.
(d) They both like to play cards.
14. Miss Pettibone threatens to call the girls' mothers if they don't _____________________.
(a) play kickball.
(b) finish their drawings.
(c) join in the singing.
(d) read their Bible verses.
15. With what subject does Willa Jo help Little Sister?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Noreen talk to a lot of times while her husband was away?
2. Little Sister and Peter knock over a display of ___________________ in the grocery.
3. What does Aunt Patty want Uncle Hob to do when she appears at the dormer window?
4. Uncle Hob tells Willa Jo and Little Sister about the summer he was _______________
5. What does Uncle Hob give to Little Sister?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)