|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the doctors ask when Noreen, Milly and the girls went to the hospital?
(a) If Baby had been sick for awhile.
(b) If Noreen gave aspirin to Baby.
(c) What everyone ate and drank at the carnival.
(d) If the girls had their inoculations.
2. How is Noreen traveling to Aunt Patty's house?
(a) She is driving a car.
(b) She is taking an airplane.
(c) She is taking a train.
(d) She is taking a bus.
3. What is one of Aunt Patty's grievances at the house?
(a) She always has to ask for help with the dishes.
(b) Everyone tracks in mud through the kitchen.
(c) Uncle Hob has to be reminded to take out the trash.
(d) No one appreciates her.
4. Where did Noreen and Milly take the kids one day?
(a) The city.
(b) The seashore.
(c) The museum.
(d) The carnival.
5. Why does Willa Jo want to go to the drugstore?
(a) To buy sunscreen.
(b) To call Aunt Patty.
(c) To get some candy.
(d) To get ice cream.
6. Who accompanies Noreen on the trip to pick up the girls?
(a) Her husband.
7. Why was Willa Jo secretly happy that Aunt Patty showed up?
(a) Aunt Patty brought presents.
(b) Noreen needed help.
(c) She always took them out for ice cream.
(d) She was her favorite aunt.
8. Why does Noreen think Baby is fussy on the way home?
(a) She must be teething.
(b) She must be hungry.
(c) She must need a diaper change.
(d) She must be sleepy.
9. Noreen has called and wants to _________________.
(a) go shopping.
(b) move to Charlotte.
(c) get a divorce.
(d) see the girls.
10. Who is the gossip in Aunt Patty's neighborhood?
(a) Mrs. Potts.
(b) Mrs. Peterson.
(c) Mrs. Piper.
(d) Mrs. Petitjean.
11. What grocery store does Aunt Patty take Willa Jo and Little Sister to one day?
(a) Piggly Wiggly.
(c) Whole Foods.
12. Which of the following is NOT true about Willa Jo and Little Sister at the beginning of Chapter 15?
(a) They are still on the roof.
(b) It is very hot.
(c) They are getting sunburned.
(d) They are singing at Bible School.
13. With what subject does Willa Jo help Little Sister?
14. Little Sister and Peter knock over a display of ___________________ in the grocery.
(a) ketchup bottles.
(b) pickle jars.
(c) soft drinks.
15. What do Noreen and the girls watch at the beginning of Chapter 19?
(a) Good Morning America.
(b) A movie.
(c) The sunrise.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who scolded Noreen for letting herself go after Baby's death?
2. What has Aunt Patty done that surprises Willa Jo?
3. Why is Miss Pettibone terminated from the Bible School?
4. What is the only thing that Noreen would do after Baby died?
5. How did Little Sister show that she needed some comfort on the morning Baby was sick?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)