|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Aunt Patty tells Noreen that they will be down from the roof ______________________.
(a) as soon as the sun sets.
(b) tomorrow morning.
(c) as soon as the Fire Department gets there.
(d) as soon as she can bring a ladder.
2. Where did Noreen get the water for Baby at the carnival?
(a) From a drinking fountain.
(b) From a soft drink stand.
(c) From melted ice.
(d) From a sausage vendor at the carnival.
3. Aunt Patty wants to hold Little Sister upside down or ________________ to make her talk.
(a) slap her.
(b) sit on her.
(c) squeeze her.
(d) pinch her.
4. Aunt Patty says she is moving to _______________ where nobody will know her.
5. What is the only thing that Noreen would do after Baby died?
6. What does Aunt Patty tell Noreen about being on the roof?
(a) It's a great place to have a family chat.
(b) She wouldn't believe the view.
(c) It is very hot.
(d) It is slippery in spots.
7. What does Willa Jo notice as she runs back home after seeking help the person in #133?
(a) The garbage truck is coming down the street.
(b) Her shoestring is about to break.
(c) The milkman is making his deliveries.
(d) The sun is beginning to rise.
8. What is the only thing Noreen would do after Baby's death?
9. Why does Little Sister say she had not spoken since Baby's death?
(a) Her voice was lost in sadness.
(b) She thought Willa Jo would take care of her.
(c) She was just playing a game.
(d) She was really scared of Aunt Patty.
10. Little Sister almost slips off the roof when _____________________.
(a) she claps her hands.
(b) she drops her soda can.
(c) she moves to a higher spot.
(d) she reaches for the umbrella.
11. What does Willa Jo want more than anything?
(a) To take swimming lessons.
(b) To get a new party dress.
(c) To go home.
(d) To go to Disney World.
12. Who did Noreen talk to a lot of times while her husband was away?
13. What game do the girls play with the roof tiles?
(a) Go Fish.
14. What musical instrument does Uncle Hob play?
15. Where does Noreen say that she can see Baby's face?
(a) In every child.
(b) In her heart.
(c) In the sunrise.
(d) In her mind.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Uncle Hob do when he sees the woman in #166 walking toward the house?
2. Why do Willa Jo and Little Sister decide to sit on the bench outside the drugstore?
3. Uncle Hob gives the girls a mason jar filled with __________________.
4. What does Willa Jo find her mother doing the morning after Baby's funeral?
5. What does Noreen tell the girls she is sure about Baby?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)