|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Willa Jo secretly appreciative of about Aunt Patty?
(a) When she asked to take the girls to her home for awhile.
(b) She always was in a good mood.
(c) She let Willa Jo drive the car on the back roads.
(d) She knew that she liked Willa Jo the best.
2. Why do Willa Jo and Little Sister decide to sit on the bench outside the drugstore?
(a) They are not allowed inside the store.
(b) They don't have money to make a phone call.
(c) Little Sister has a blister on her foot.
(d) They are waiting for Miss Pettibone to take them back to Bible School.
3. What does Uncle Hob do when he sees the woman in #166 walking toward the house?
(b) Throws roof tiles at her.
(c) Bows to her.
(d) Ignores her.
4. Aunt Patty wants to hold Little Sister upside down or ________________ to make her talk.
(a) sit on her.
(b) squeeze her.
(c) pinch her.
(d) slap her.
5. What has Aunt Patty done that surprises Willa Jo?
(a) She has invited the Finger family to dinner.
(b) She has called Mrs. Finger for advice.
(c) She has kissed Uncle Hob on the front lawn.
(d) She has gone to the grocery in her gardening clothes.
6. Aunt Patty says she is moving to _______________ where nobody will know her.
7. What does Willa Jo want more than anything?
(a) To go to Disney World.
(b) To go home.
(c) To get a new party dress.
(d) To take swimming lessons.
8. What had Aunt Patty done the night before that caused Willa Jo to become annoyed?
(a) She wouldn't let her leave the table until she finished her carrots.
(b) She made her wear new pajamas with fairies on them.
(c) She called around trying to find playmates for the girls.
(d) She called her a little girl.
9. What does Uncle Hob give to Little Sister?
(a) A beach towel.
(b) An umbrella.
(d) Flip flops.
10. Little Sister and Peter knock over a display of ___________________ in the grocery.
(a) soft drinks.
(b) pickle jars.
(d) ketchup bottles.
11. What does Aunt Patty want Uncle Hob to do when she appears at the dormer window?
(a) Come inside the house.
(b) Fix the roof tiles.
(c) Pass in the empty picnic basket.
(d) Give sweaters to the girls.
12. Where did Noreen and Milly take the kids one day?
(a) The city.
(b) The seashore.
(c) The carnival.
(d) The museum.
13. Where does Noreen say that she can see Baby's face?
(a) In her mind.
(b) In the sunrise.
(c) In every child.
(d) In her heart.
14. How is Uncle Hob dressed when he crawls out onto the roof?
(a) Shirt and tie.
(c) Swim trunks.
15. Why was Willa Jo secretly happy that Aunt Patty showed up?
(a) She was her favorite aunt.
(b) Noreen needed help.
(c) She always took them out for ice cream.
(d) Aunt Patty brought presents.
Short Answer Questions
1. Uncle Hob tells Willa Jo and Little Sister about the summer he was _______________
2. What is the only thing Noreen would do after Baby's death?
3. What grocery store does Aunt Patty take Willa Jo and Little Sister to one day?
4. What did Aunt Patty offer to pay for for Noreen?
5. Who did Noreen send Willa Jo to get help when Baby was sick?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)