|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aunt Patty say to Willa Jo that lets her know she is fed up with her?
(a) Willa Jo should just get her shoes on and walk home.
(b) Willa Jo is the most anti-social child she has ever known.
(c) Willa Jo is a bad influence on Little Sister.
(d) Willa Jo doesn't have one cooperative bone in her body.
2. What does Uncle Hob do when he sees the woman in #166 walking toward the house?
(a) Bows to her.
(b) Throws roof tiles at her.
(d) Ignores her.
3. Noreen painted pictures of Baby ___________________.
(a) in her bed.
(b) in heaven.
(c) as a newborn.
(d) playing in the grass.
4. Where had Willa Jo's father worked before it went out of business?
(a) The garage.
(b) The construction company.
(c) The mine.
(d) The automotive plant.
5. What does Uncle Hob bring with him out onto the roof?
(a) A radio.
(b) A book.
(c) A picnic basket.
(d) A hammer.
6. How did Little Sister show that she needed some comfort on the morning Baby was sick?
(a) She carried her doll with her all morning.
(b) She sat on Willa Jo's lap and sucked her thumb.
(c) She wouldn't leave her mother's side.
(d) She walked around the house whining all morning.
7. What does Uncle Hob give to Little Sister?
(a) A beach towel.
(b) An umbrella.
(d) Flip flops.
8. Aunt Patty wants to hold Little Sister upside down or ________________ to make her talk.
(a) slap her.
(b) pinch her.
(c) sit on her.
(d) squeeze her.
9. Aunt Patty says she is moving to _______________ where nobody will know her.
10. Why do Willa Jo and Little Sister decide to sit on the bench outside the drugstore?
(a) They are not allowed inside the store.
(b) They are waiting for Miss Pettibone to take them back to Bible School.
(c) They don't have money to make a phone call.
(d) Little Sister has a blister on her foot.
11. Uncle Hob gives the girls a mason jar filled with __________________.
12. Who did Noreen send Willa Jo to get help when Baby was sick?
(a) Her father.
(b) Aunt Patty.
13. Which of the following did Noreen NOT do all morning when Baby was sick?
(a) Worked out on the treadmill.
(b) Fixed coffee.
(c) Read the paper.
(d) Watched TV.
14. Why is Miss Pettibone terminated from the Bible School?
(a) Because she took the students on field trips without permission.
(b) Because she came drunk one day.
(c) Because she stopped showing up for class.
(d) Because the students got ticks.
15. Why does Noreen think Baby is fussy on the way home?
(a) She must be hungry.
(b) She must need a diaper change.
(c) She must be teething.
(d) She must be sleepy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children does the woman in #116 have?
2. Why did Uncle Hob stay with his grandfather that summer?
3. What does Willa Jo want more than anything?
4. Aunt Patty tells Noreen that they will be down from the roof ______________________.
5. What do Noreen and the girls watch at the beginning of Chapter 19?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)