|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aunt Patty tell Noreen about being on the roof?
(a) It is slippery in spots.
(b) She wouldn't believe the view.
(c) It's a great place to have a family chat.
(d) It is very hot.
2. What does Willa Jo tell Uncle Hob that she and Little Sister would like to have returned to them?
(a) Their tennis shoes.
(b) Their pictures.
(c) Their purses.
(d) Their radio.
3. Who is the gossip in Aunt Patty's neighborhood?
(a) Mrs. Peterson.
(b) Mrs. Petitjean.
(c) Mrs. Piper.
(d) Mrs. Potts.
4. Why do Willa Jo and Little Sister decide to sit on the bench outside the drugstore?
(a) They are waiting for Miss Pettibone to take them back to Bible School.
(b) They don't have money to make a phone call.
(c) Little Sister has a blister on her foot.
(d) They are not allowed inside the store.
5. What is one of Aunt Patty's grievances at the house?
(a) No one appreciates her.
(b) She always has to ask for help with the dishes.
(c) Uncle Hob has to be reminded to take out the trash.
(d) Everyone tracks in mud through the kitchen.
6. Aunt Patty wants to hold Little Sister upside down or ________________ to make her talk.
(a) pinch her.
(b) squeeze her.
(c) sit on her.
(d) slap her.
7. Why does Noreen think Baby is fussy on the way home?
(a) She must be hungry.
(b) She must need a diaper change.
(c) She must be teething.
(d) She must be sleepy.
8. Why is Little Sister upset at Aunt Patty?
(a) She puts her hair in ponytails.
(b) She makes her eat peas.
(c) She won't let her have dessert.
(d) She threw out her June bug.
9. What does Aunt Patty say to Willa Jo that lets her know she is fed up with her?
(a) Willa Jo is a bad influence on Little Sister.
(b) Willa Jo doesn't have one cooperative bone in her body.
(c) Willa Jo should just get her shoes on and walk home.
(d) Willa Jo is the most anti-social child she has ever known.
10. Little Sister almost slips off the roof when _____________________.
(a) she drops her soda can.
(b) she moves to a higher spot.
(c) she reaches for the umbrella.
(d) she claps her hands.
11. How did Little Sister show that she needed some comfort on the morning Baby was sick?
(a) She carried her doll with her all morning.
(b) She wouldn't leave her mother's side.
(c) She walked around the house whining all morning.
(d) She sat on Willa Jo's lap and sucked her thumb.
12. What game do the girls play with the roof tiles?
(a) Go Fish.
13. Who did Noreen talk to a lot of times while her husband was away?
14. What do Noreen and the girls watch at the beginning of Chapter 19?
(a) Good Morning America.
(b) A movie.
(c) The sunrise.
15. Who did Noreen send Willa Jo to get help when Baby was sick?
(b) Her father.
(c) Aunt Patty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Noreen say that she can see Baby's face?
2. Where did Noreen and Milly take the kids one day?
3. What is the only thing that Noreen would do after Baby died?
4. Little Sister and Peter knock over a display of ___________________ in the grocery.
5. Where did Noreen get the water for Baby at the carnival?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)