|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Little Sister say she had not spoken since Baby's death?
(a) She thought Willa Jo would take care of her.
(b) She was just playing a game.
(c) Her voice was lost in sadness.
(d) She was really scared of Aunt Patty.
2. What do Noreen and the girls watch at the beginning of Chapter 19?
(a) Good Morning America.
(b) A movie.
(d) The sunrise.
3. Aunt Patty introduces Little Sister as ______________.
4. What grocery store does Aunt Patty take Willa Jo and Little Sister to one day?
(b) Piggly Wiggly.
(d) Whole Foods.
5. Little Sister almost slips off the roof when _____________________.
(a) she claps her hands.
(b) she moves to a higher spot.
(c) she reaches for the umbrella.
(d) she drops her soda can.
6. Which childhood friend of Aunt Patty's do Aunt Patty and the girls see at the grocery?
7. What does Willa Jo notice as she runs back home after seeking help the person in #133?
(a) Her shoestring is about to break.
(b) The milkman is making his deliveries.
(c) The sun is beginning to rise.
(d) The garbage truck is coming down the street.
8. What is the only thing Noreen would do after Baby's death?
9. Noreen has called and wants to _________________.
(a) see the girls.
(b) get a divorce.
(c) go shopping.
(d) move to Charlotte.
10. Aunt Patty wants to hold Little Sister upside down or ________________ to make her talk.
(a) sit on her.
(b) slap her.
(c) squeeze her.
(d) pinch her.
11. Why does Willa Jo want to go to the drugstore?
(a) To get some candy.
(b) To call Aunt Patty.
(c) To buy sunscreen.
(d) To get ice cream.
12. Little Sister and Peter knock over a display of ___________________ in the grocery.
(b) pickle jars.
(c) soft drinks.
(d) ketchup bottles.
13. Aunt Patty asks Willa Jo if Little Sister had drunk _________________ the day they went to the fair.
(d) bad water.
14. Aunt Patty tells Noreen that they will be down from the roof ______________________.
(a) as soon as the sun sets.
(b) as soon as the Fire Department gets there.
(c) tomorrow morning.
(d) as soon as she can bring a ladder.
15. How did Little Sister show that she needed some comfort on the morning Baby was sick?
(a) She carried her doll with her all morning.
(b) She walked around the house whining all morning.
(c) She sat on Willa Jo's lap and sucked her thumb.
(d) She wouldn't leave her mother's side.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the gossip in Aunt Patty's neighborhood?
2. What did the doctors ask when Noreen, Milly and the girls went to the hospital?
3. What had Aunt Patty done the night before that caused Willa Jo to become annoyed?
4. Why was Willa Jo secretly happy that Aunt Patty showed up?
5. Why is Little Sister upset at Aunt Patty?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)