|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Noreen get the water for Baby at the carnival?
(a) From a drinking fountain.
(b) From a sausage vendor at the carnival.
(c) From a soft drink stand.
(d) From melted ice.
2. Why is Miss Pettibone terminated from the Bible School?
(a) Because she stopped showing up for class.
(b) Because she came drunk one day.
(c) Because she took the students on field trips without permission.
(d) Because the students got ticks.
3. Who did Noreen send Willa Jo to get help when Baby was sick?
(a) Her father.
(d) Aunt Patty.
4. How is Uncle Hob dressed when he crawls out onto the roof?
(a) Shirt and tie.
(b) Swim trunks.
5. Why does Willa Jo want to go to the drugstore?
(a) To get ice cream.
(b) To get some candy.
(c) To buy sunscreen.
(d) To call Aunt Patty.
6. Why does Noreen think Baby is fussy on the way home?
(a) She must be teething.
(b) She must be hungry.
(c) She must be sleepy.
(d) She must need a diaper change.
7. What grocery store does Aunt Patty take Willa Jo and Little Sister to one day?
(a) Piggly Wiggly.
(b) Whole Foods.
8. What did Aunt Patty offer to pay for for Noreen?
(a) A new dress for Noreen.
(b) Little Sister's pre-school fees.
(c) Willa Jo's college education.
(d) Her move to a place closer to Patty.
9. Why is Little Sister upset at Aunt Patty?
(a) She threw out her June bug.
(b) She puts her hair in ponytails.
(c) She makes her eat peas.
(d) She won't let her have dessert.
10. Which of the following did Uncle Hob NOT do when he stayed with his grandfather?
(a) Let his hair grow.
(b) Didn't take showers.
(c) Ate junk food.
(d) Drove the truck.
11. Aunt Patty wants to hold Little Sister upside down or ________________ to make her talk.
(a) squeeze her.
(b) slap her.
(c) pinch her.
(d) sit on her.
12. What does Willa Jo want more than anything?
(a) To get a new party dress.
(b) To take swimming lessons.
(c) To go home.
(d) To go to Disney World.
13. Aunt Patty tells Noreen that they will be down from the roof ______________________.
(a) as soon as she can bring a ladder.
(b) as soon as the sun sets.
(c) as soon as the Fire Department gets there.
(d) tomorrow morning.
14. What does Aunt Patty tell Noreen about being on the roof?
(a) It is slippery in spots.
(b) She wouldn't believe the view.
(c) It is very hot.
(d) It's a great place to have a family chat.
15. Liz is on her way to the store to buy _______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Noreen decide made Baby so sick?
2. Aunt Patty says she is moving to _______________ where nobody will know her.
3. What does Aunt Patty want Uncle Hob to do when she appears at the dormer window?
4. Little Sister and Peter knock over a display of ___________________ in the grocery.
5. What game do the girls play with the roof tiles?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)