|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Willa Jo and Little Sister decide to sit on the bench outside the drugstore?
(a) They are waiting for Miss Pettibone to take them back to Bible School.
(b) They are not allowed inside the store.
(c) Little Sister has a blister on her foot.
(d) They don't have money to make a phone call.
2. Which of the following did Uncle Hob NOT do when he stayed with his grandfather?
(a) Didn't take showers.
(b) Drove the truck.
(c) Let his hair grow.
(d) Ate junk food.
3. What does Aunt Patty do that surprises the girls?
(a) Comes out onto the roof with them.
(b) Tells them they can sleep in a tent tonight.
(c) Lets them have Liz over for a slumber party.
(d) Buys them cute clothes.
4. What does Noreen decide made Baby so sick?
(a) A spider bite.
(b) Sun poisoning.
(c) The water she drank.
(d) The hot dog she ate.
5. What do Noreen and the girls watch at the beginning of Chapter 19?
(a) The sunrise.
(c) Good Morning America.
(d) A movie.
6. What does Willa Jo tell Uncle Hob that she and Little Sister would like to have returned to them?
(a) Their tennis shoes.
(b) Their pictures.
(c) Their radio.
(d) Their purses.
7. With what subject does Willa Jo help Little Sister?
8. Aunt Patty asks Willa Jo if Little Sister had drunk _________________ the day they went to the fair.
(b) bad water.
9. Noreen has called and wants to _________________.
(a) move to Charlotte.
(b) go shopping.
(c) see the girls.
(d) get a divorce.
10. Little Sister almost slips off the roof when _____________________.
(a) she reaches for the umbrella.
(b) she drops her soda can.
(c) she claps her hands.
(d) she moves to a higher spot.
11. What reason does Little Sister give for staying on the roof so long?
(a) So that they could take photos of the sunrise.
(b) So they could watch the town waking up.
(c) So they could throw pebbles at people.
(d) So that they could be closer to Baby.
12. What does Willa Jo find her mother doing the morning after Baby's funeral?
(a) Watching the sunrise.
(b) Sitting in the dark smoking cigarettes.
(c) Crying in Baby's room.
(d) Making phone calls.
13. Who scolded Noreen for letting herself go after Baby's death?
(a) Aunt Patty.
(b) Uncle Hob.
(c) Willa Jo.
14. What has Aunt Patty done that surprises Willa Jo?
(a) She has kissed Uncle Hob on the front lawn.
(b) She has gone to the grocery in her gardening clothes.
(c) She has invited the Finger family to dinner.
(d) She has called Mrs. Finger for advice.
15. What does Willa Jo notice as she runs back home after seeking help the person in #133?
(a) The sun is beginning to rise.
(b) The milkman is making his deliveries.
(c) Her shoestring is about to break.
(d) The garbage truck is coming down the street.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only thing that Noreen would do after Baby died?
2. Where had Willa Jo's father worked before it went out of business?
3. What does Aunt Patty say to Willa Jo that lets her know she is fed up with her?
4. Why is Little Sister upset at Aunt Patty?
5. Who did Noreen talk to a lot of times while her husband was away?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)