|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Aunt Patty's demeanor in #20?
(a) She tries to make the girls feel welcome.
(b) She is very emotional and supportive.
(c) She is dismissive.
(d) She does not include the girls in any decisions.
2. Where does Willa Jo watch the sunrise at Aunt Patty's house?
(a) A bedroom window.
(b) The back porch.
(c) A big oak tree.
(d) The roof.
3. What is one of the first rules that the girls learn about Aunt Patty's house?
(a) They will attend church each Sunday.
(b) They must dress up for dinner every night.
(c) They have to make their beds before going outside.
(d) They can't enter the house by the front door.
4. Who is Elizabeth?
(a) Uncle Hob's sister.
(b) The oldest Fingers child.
(c) Aunt Patty's godchild.
(d) The girl behind the candy counter.
5. Why must the girls enter the house through the garage?
(a) Aunt Patty doesn't want her carpet to get dirty.
(b) So they won't interrupt Aunt Patty's bridge club.
(c) They can hang up their coats in the garage.
(d) That door is always unlocked.
6. How many times does Aunt Patty wash the kitchen floor after the creatures in #35 are removed?
(a) Five times.
(d) Ten times.
7. What does Aunt Patty keep in a glass case?
(a) Hummel figurines.
(b) Snow globes.
8. Elizabeth tells Willa Jo and Little Sister that Aunt Patty has signed them up for ____________________.
(a) Summer school.
(b) swimming lessons.
(c) Sunday School.
(d) charm school.
9. What does Cynthia hide in her dress when she visits the girls?
(a) Hair ribbons.
(b) Bubble gum.
(d) Jelly beans.
10. Which of the following does NOT describe how Willa Jo thinks her mother sounds on the phone?
11. Who is one of the Bible School teachers?
(a) Miss Prejean.
(b) Miss Pequignot.
(c) Miss Pettibone.
(d) Miss Perry.
12. Who is Aunt Penny's husband?
(a) Uncle Joe.
(b) Uncle Fred.
(c) Uncle Jack.
(d) Uncle Hob.
13. Cynthia curtly tells Willa Jo that Aunt Patty could send the girls to ___________________ when she gets tired of them.
(a) boarding school.
(b) the Orphan's Home.
(c) Summer Camp.
(d) relatives far away.
14. What did the girls' mother try to get them to do every day?
(a) Play with their friends.
(b) Visit Baby's grave.
(c) Take a nap.
(d) Sit outside and watch the sun.
15. Willa Jo and Little Sister are most worried about ___________________.
(a) going to heaven.
(b) their grades.
(c) their mother.
(d) keeping their clothes clean.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aunt Patty do when she finds Willa Jo, Little Sister and their mother napping in the afternoon?
2. What did Willa Jo, Little Sister and their mother do after Baby's death to seem less lonely?
3. Which Bible School student comes over to eat with Willa Jo and Little Sister?
4. Which of the following does NOT describe Elizabeth?
5. What job does Elizabeth have?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)