|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Elizabeth asks Willa Jo and Little Sister if they are the girls who _______________________.
(a) are new at school.
(b) won the sack race.
(c) lost their baby sister.
(d) live in California.
2. How long have Willa Jo and Little Sister been at Aunt Patty's house?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 5 days.
(d) 1 month.
3. What store does Aunt Patty take the girls to that Willa Jo thinks is fantastic?
(a) Shoe store.
(b) Chocolate store.
(c) Beauty products store.
(d) Ice cream store.
4. Mrs. Wainwright is president of which organization?
(a) The Raleigh Republicans Club.
(b) The North Carolina Historical Preservation Society.
(c) The Junior League of Raleigh.
(d) The Ladies Social League.
5. What do some of the girls get from playing in the grass at Bible School?
(a) Grass stains.
(b) Poison Ivy.
(d) Itchy eyes.
6. Aunt Patty announces that the girls will be attending _______________________.
(a) the Bible School Day Camp.
(b) the Raleigh Ballet performance.
(c) the Y.M.C.A.
(d) the Girl Scouts.
7. What did Aunt Patty do when she couldn't find Willa Jo and Little Sister?
(a) Sent Uncle Hop out to find them.
(b) Drove around looking for them.
(c) Called the neighbors.
(d) Called the sheriff.
8. Aunt Patty is very happy when the girls join in singing ______________________ at Bible School.
(a) What a Friend I Have in Jesus.
(b) The B-I-B-L-E, That's the Book for Me.
(c) This Little Light of Mine.
(d) He's Got the Whole World in His Hands.
9. Which Bible School student comes over to eat with Willa Jo and Little Sister?
10. Why does Aunt Patty not want Willa Jo and Little Sister to play with the family across the street?
(a) They are dirty.
(b) They are vulgar.
(c) They are Black.
(d) They are poor.
11. How old is the woman in #3?
12. How does Aunt Patty feel when Little Sister uses sign language in front of other people?
13. What does Willa Jo use too much of in the bathroom one day?
(b) Toilet tissue.
(c) Bubble bath.
(d) Bath powder.
14. Why must the girls enter the house through the garage?
(a) They can hang up their coats in the garage.
(b) Aunt Patty doesn't want her carpet to get dirty.
(c) That door is always unlocked.
(d) So they won't interrupt Aunt Patty's bridge club.
15. What does Little Sister bring into the kitchen one day?
(b) Lightning bugs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT describe Miss Pettibone?
2. What is the excavation that Liz shows to Willa Jo and Little Sister?
3. Who is with Willa Jo when watching the sunrise?
4. Why is Miss Pettibone annoyed with Little Sister?
5. How many times does Aunt Patty wash the kitchen floor after the creatures in #35 are removed?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)