|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city does Aunt Patty live?
2. What is the first thing that Aunt Patty does when Willa Jo and Little Sister arrive at her house?
(a) Takes them to the swimming pool.
(b) Gives them a tour of the neighborhood.
(c) Takes them shopping for clothes.
(d) Makes them clean their room.
3. What is Cynthia's last name?
4. Why must the girls enter the house through the garage?
(a) They can hang up their coats in the garage.
(b) So they won't interrupt Aunt Patty's bridge club.
(c) That door is always unlocked.
(d) Aunt Patty doesn't want her carpet to get dirty.
5. What does Willa Jo notice about Mrs. Finger?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She wears a lot of make-up.
(c) She is very short.
(d) She has bright red hair.
6. What does Aunt Patty threaten to do if the girls won't come down off the roof?
(a) Call their mother.
(b) Call the Fire Department.
(c) Call the Police Chief.
(d) Call their father.
7. What does Isaac bring to Little Sister?
(a) Lightning bugs.
(b) A June bug.
(c) A snake.
(d) His ant farm.
8. Aunt Patty asks her husband if the girls look like __________________ in their new clothes.
(b) beauty queens.
(c) doll babies.
(d) new pennies.
9. What does Aunt Patty do when more of the Finger children come over to play?
(a) Takes lemonade outside for everyone.
(b) Offers to take them to the swimming pool.
(c) Calls Willa Jo and Little Sister to come inside.
(d) Sends them home to get permission to go on a picnic.
10. What does Elizabeth do when Willa Jo and Little Sister cry?
(a) She runs away.
(b) She cries and hugs them.
(c) She laughs at them.
(d) She waits for them to finish.
11. What can Willa Jo not tell her mother on the phone?
(a) That she is taking swimming lessons.
(b) That they are happy at Aunt Patty's.
(c) That she is sewing a new dress.
(d) That she kissed a boy.
12. What does Elizabeth say that makes Willa Jo sob?
(a) People in town are talking about them.
(b) She doesn't like her dress.
(c) They must miss their mother.
(d) Her baby brother died too.
13. Which of Aunt Patty's neighbors has been nice to Willa and Little Sister?
(a) Mrs. Biddle.
(b) Mrs. Billingsley.
(c) Mrs. Bowen.
(d) Mrs. Brumbaugh.
14. What did the girls' mother try to get them to do every day?
(a) Take a nap.
(b) Sit outside and watch the sun.
(c) Play with their friends.
(d) Visit Baby's grave.
15. What is the name of Willa Jo's group at Bible School?
(a) The Son-Shines.
(b) The Sunbeams.
(c) The Sunflowers.
(d) The Suncatchers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does the girls' mother do?
2. Aunt Patty announces that the girls will be attending _______________________.
3. Aunt Patty is very happy when the girls join in singing ______________________ at Bible School.
4. What did Aunt Patty do when she couldn't find Willa Jo and Little Sister?
5. Aunt Patty likes to sit on the patio with a stack of magazines and ___________________.
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)