Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Isaac call Aunt Patty?
2. What is the name of Willa Jo's group at Bible School?
(a) The Sunflowers.
(b) The Sunbeams.
(c) The Son-Shines.
(d) The Suncatchers.
3. What is Willa Jo's reaction when Mrs. Biddle tells the girls that Aunt Patty is doing her best?
(a) She gets tears in her eyes.
(b) She doesn't even flinch.
(c) She says that her best isn't good enough.
(d) She agrees to come down off the roof.
4. In what city does Aunt Patty live?
5. What is one of the first rules that the girls learn about Aunt Patty's house?
(a) They will attend church each Sunday.
(b) They have to make their beds before going outside.
(c) They can't enter the house by the front door.
(d) They must dress up for dinner every night.
6. Who is Elizabeth?
(a) The girl behind the candy counter.
(b) The oldest Fingers child.
(c) Uncle Hob's sister.
(d) Aunt Patty's godchild.
7. Which of the following does NOT describe Miss Pettibone?
8. How does Little Sister communicate?
(a) Written notes.
(c) Sign language.
(d) Writing on a chalk board.
9. What did the girls' mother try to get them to do every day?
(a) Sit outside and watch the sun.
(b) Take a nap.
(c) Visit Baby's grave.
(d) Play with their friends.
10. How old is the woman in #3?
11. What is the excavation that Liz shows to Willa Jo and Little Sister?
(a) An old fort.
(b) A big tent.
(c) A treehouse.
(d) A cave.
12. What job does Elizabeth have?
(a) Washing dishes at the ice cream store.
(c) Selling snacks at the movie theater.
(d) Working at the dime store.
13. What does Aunt Patty do when Little Sister rearranges the items in #33?
(a) Spanks Little Sister.
(b) Sends Little Sister to bed with no supper.
(c) Leaves them as Little Sister arranged them.
(d) Scolds Little Sister.
14. What can Willa Jo not tell her mother on the phone?
(a) That she is sewing a new dress.
(b) That she is taking swimming lessons.
(c) That she kissed a boy.
(d) That they are happy at Aunt Patty's.
15. What did Uncle Hob learn a long time ago about Aunt Patty?
(a) She likes cream in her coffee.
(b) He always agrees with her.
(c) Her generosity knows no bounds.
(d) She can really hold a grudge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Willa Jo so moody and emotional at Aunt Patty's house?
2. Cynthia curtly tells Willa Jo that Aunt Patty could send the girls to ___________________ when she gets tired of them.
3. What is the name of the family staying in the vacation bungalows across from Aunt Patty's house?
4. What does Cynthia hide in her dress when she visits the girls?
5. What does Little Sister bring into the kitchen one day?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)