|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why must the girls enter the house through the garage?
(a) So they won't interrupt Aunt Patty's bridge club.
(b) Aunt Patty doesn't want her carpet to get dirty.
(c) That door is always unlocked.
(d) They can hang up their coats in the garage.
2. What are Willa Jo and Little Sister doing on the roof?
(a) Rescuing a baby bird.
(b) Getting a suntan.
(c) Retrieving a ball.
(d) Watching the sun.
3. Liz tells Aunt Patty that it is nice of her to invite Cynthia over to play because ______________________.
(a) no one else will play with her.
(b) other girls are jealous of her.
(c) she is very shy.
(d) she is sick a lot and doesn't get out much.
4. Elizabeth asks Willa Jo and Little Sister if they are the girls who _______________________.
(a) lost their baby sister.
(b) are new at school.
(c) won the sack race.
(d) live in California.
5. What is the name of Willa Jo's group at Bible School?
(a) The Suncatchers.
(b) The Sunbeams.
(c) The Son-Shines.
(d) The Sunflowers.
6. What is Cynthia's last name?
7. Aunt Patty likes to sit on the patio with a stack of magazines and ___________________.
(a) a glass of iced tea.
(c) potato chips.
8. How old is the woman in #3?
9. Mrs. Wainwright is president of which organization?
(a) The North Carolina Historical Preservation Society.
(b) The Raleigh Republicans Club.
(c) The Ladies Social League.
(d) The Junior League of Raleigh.
10. What is Willa Jo's demeanor toward Aunt Patty?
11. Cynthia curtly tells Willa Jo that Aunt Patty could send the girls to ___________________ when she gets tired of them.
(a) Summer Camp.
(b) relatives far away.
(c) boarding school.
(d) the Orphan's Home.
12. Which of Aunt Patty's neighbors has been nice to Willa and Little Sister?
(a) Mrs. Bowen.
(b) Mrs. Billingsley.
(c) Mrs. Biddle.
(d) Mrs. Brumbaugh.
13. What does Isaac bring to Little Sister?
(a) His ant farm.
(b) A snake.
(c) Lightning bugs.
(d) A June bug.
14. What is Aunt Patty's demeanor in #20?
(a) She does not include the girls in any decisions.
(b) She is very emotional and supportive.
(c) She tries to make the girls feel welcome.
(d) She is dismissive.
15. How old is Elizabeth?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aunt Patty keep in a glass case?
2. What does Aunt Patty tell Willa Jo about Liz?
3. What is the name of Little Sister's group at Bible School?
4. No one in Elizabeth's family is __________________.
5. What store does Aunt Patty take the girls to that Willa Jo thinks is fantastic?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)