|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the first rules that the girls learn about Aunt Patty's house?
(a) They can't enter the house by the front door.
(b) They have to make their beds before going outside.
(c) They will attend church each Sunday.
(d) They must dress up for dinner every night.
2. Which of the following does NOT describe how Willa Jo thinks her mother sounds on the phone?
3. How old is Isaac?
4. What is the excavation that Liz shows to Willa Jo and Little Sister?
(a) An old fort.
(b) A big tent.
(c) A treehouse.
(d) A cave.
5. What are Willa Jo and Little Sister doing at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) Working on a puzzle.
(b) Swimming at the pool.
(c) Watching television.
(d) Sitting on the roof.
6. What did the girls' mother try to get them to do every day?
(a) Visit Baby's grave.
(b) Take a nap.
(c) Play with their friends.
(d) Sit outside and watch the sun.
7. What is the name of the family staying in the vacation bungalows across from Aunt Patty's house?
8. What did Uncle Hob learn a long time ago about Aunt Patty?
(a) She likes cream in her coffee.
(b) She can really hold a grudge.
(c) Her generosity knows no bounds.
(d) He always agrees with her.
9. Liz tells Aunt Patty that it is nice of her to invite Cynthia over to play because ______________________.
(a) no one else will play with her.
(b) she is very shy.
(c) other girls are jealous of her.
(d) she is sick a lot and doesn't get out much.
10. What is the name of Little Sister's group at Bible School?
(a) The Lambs.
(b) The Doves.
(c) The Littlest Angels.
(d) The Clouds.
11. What is Aunt Patty's demeanor in #20?
(a) She is very emotional and supportive.
(b) She does not include the girls in any decisions.
(c) She tries to make the girls feel welcome.
(d) She is dismissive.
12. Willa Jo and Little Sister are most worried about ___________________.
(a) their grades.
(b) keeping their clothes clean.
(c) going to heaven.
(d) their mother.
13. Which neighbor does Willa Jo see as she watches the sunrise?
(a) Mrs. Garver.
(b) Mrs. Grover.
(c) Mrs. Garber.
(d) Mrs. Garbing.
14. What is the first thing that Aunt Patty does when Willa Jo and Little Sister arrive at her house?
(a) Takes them shopping for clothes.
(b) Takes them to the swimming pool.
(c) Gives them a tour of the neighborhood.
(d) Makes them clean their room.
15. What profession did Willa Jo's father, grandfathers and great-grandfathers have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does the girls' mother do?
2. What of the following happened in the girls' home after Baby died?
3. What game do Isaac and Little Sister play?
4. What did Willa Jo, Little Sister and their mother do after Baby's death to seem less lonely?
5. What are Willa Jo and Little Sister doing on the roof?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)