|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aunt Patty do when Willa Jo and Little Sister refuse to come down off the roof?
(a) Stomps back inside the house.
(b) Has her husband coax them down.
(c) Climbs a ladder to get them.
(d) Calls the fire department.
2. How old is Elizabeth?
3. What does Aunt Patty buy for the girls in the store in #26?
(a) A tea set.
(b) Strawberry milkshakes.
(c) Winter coats.
4. What game do Willa Jo, Little Sister and Cynthia play?
(b) Barrel or Monkeys.
(c) Pick-Up Sticks.
5. Who is Elizabeth?
(a) Aunt Patty's godchild.
(b) Uncle Hob's sister.
(c) The girl behind the candy counter.
(d) The oldest Fingers child.
6. Why is Miss Pettibone annoyed with Little Sister?
(a) She won't talk.
(b) She wet her pants.
(c) She can't use scissors.
(d) She sucks her thumb.
7. What does Elizabeth say that makes Willa Jo sob?
(a) People in town are talking about them.
(b) She doesn't like her dress.
(c) Her baby brother died too.
(d) They must miss their mother.
8. What does Aunt Patty do when she finds Willa Jo, Little Sister and their mother napping in the afternoon?
(a) She tells them to get up and get dressed.
(b) She pulls the shades so the room is darker.
(c) She leaves so that she won't disturb them.
(d) She turns off the phone so it won't wake them.
9. Aunt Patty likes to sit on the patio with a stack of magazines and ___________________.
(a) a glass of iced tea.
(d) potato chips.
10. What has Mrs. Garber told Aunt Patty about Willa Jo and Little Sister?
(a) They would make good babysitters.
(b) They are simply beautiful.
(c) They were about to jump off the roof.
(d) They helped old Mrs. Jensen cross the street.
11. What did the girls' mother try to get them to do every day?
(a) Take a nap.
(b) Sit outside and watch the sun.
(c) Visit Baby's grave.
(d) Play with their friends.
12. Which of Aunt Patty's neighbors has been nice to Willa and Little Sister?
(a) Mrs. Billingsley.
(b) Mrs. Brumbaugh.
(c) Mrs. Biddle.
(d) Mrs. Bowen.
13. What is Aunt Patty's demeanor in #20?
(a) She tries to make the girls feel welcome.
(b) She is very emotional and supportive.
(c) She does not include the girls in any decisions.
(d) She is dismissive.
14. What does the woman in #3 tell Aunt Patty?
(a) That she can take her to work today.
(b) That Willa Jo and Little Sister are on the roof.
(c) That a bad thunderstorm is coming.
(d) That the road into town is closed.
15. Which of the following best describes Aunt Patty?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Aunt Patty NOT do at Noreen's house?
2. What does Aunt Patty threaten to do if the girls won't come down off the roof?
3. What is the name of Little Sister's group at Bible School?
4. What does Aunt Patty keep in a glass case?
5. What did Uncle Hob learn a long time ago about Aunt Patty?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)