|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long will the girls be staying with Aunt Patty?
(a) 3 months.
(b) It is uncertain.
(c) 1 month.
(d) 6 seeks.
2. Where do Liz's brother store and horde things?
(a) In holes in the woods.
(b) In the shed.
(c) Under their beds.
(d) In school lockers.
3. What does Aunt Patty tell Willa Jo about Liz?
(a) She saw Liz smoking a cigarette in the alley.
(b) Liz got kicked out of school.
(c) She doesn't want her spending all her time with her.
(d) Liz is nothing but a trouble maker.
4. What does Elizabeth do when Willa Jo and Little Sister cry?
(a) She waits for them to finish.
(b) She runs away.
(c) She laughs at them.
(d) She cries and hugs them.
5. Which of the following does NOT describe Miss Pettibone?
6. What does Aunt Patty threaten to do if the girls won't come down off the roof?
(a) Call the Police Chief.
(b) Call the Fire Department.
(c) Call their father.
(d) Call their mother.
7. What does Aunt Patty keep in a glass case?
(a) Hummel figurines.
(d) Snow globes.
8. What is Cynthia's last name?
9. What did Aunt Patty do when she couldn't find Willa Jo and Little Sister?
(a) Called the neighbors.
(b) Sent Uncle Hop out to find them.
(c) Called the sheriff.
(d) Drove around looking for them.
10. What does Aunt Patty tell Willa Jo as the story begins?
(a) It is time for lunch.
(b) They are leaving for the beach now.
(c) She needs to finish her homework.
(d) She is fed up with her.
11. What is Willa Jo's demeanor toward Aunt Patty?
12. What has Mrs. Garber told Aunt Patty about Willa Jo and Little Sister?
(a) They would make good babysitters.
(b) They are simply beautiful.
(c) They helped old Mrs. Jensen cross the street.
(d) They were about to jump off the roof.
13. What is the excavation that Liz shows to Willa Jo and Little Sister?
(a) A big tent.
(b) A cave.
(c) An old fort.
(d) A treehouse.
14. What does Willa Jo tell her mother which mortifies Aunt Patty?
(a) That Aunt Patty and Uncle Hob argue all the time.
(b) That Aunt Patty cleans house in her underwear.
(c) That Liz' mom is pregnant.
(d) That Uncle Hob drinks a lot of beer.
15. What does Aunt Patty do when she finds Willa Jo, Little Sister and their mother napping in the afternoon?
(a) She leaves so that she won't disturb them.
(b) She tells them to get up and get dressed.
(c) She turns off the phone so it won't wake them.
(d) She pulls the shades so the room is darker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Willa Jo, Little Sister and their mother do after Baby's death to seem less lonely?
2. Which of the following best describes Aunt Patty?
3. What did the girls' mother try to get them to do every day?
4. To avoid embarrassment, Aunt Patty tells other people that she sent the girls up to the roof to ___________________.
5. Which of Aunt Patty's neighbors has been nice to Willa and Little Sister?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)