|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aunt Patty tell Willa Jo as the story begins?
(a) It is time for lunch.
(b) She is fed up with her.
(c) She needs to finish her homework.
(d) They are leaving for the beach now.
2. What does Willa Jo notice about Mrs. Finger?
(a) She is very short.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She wears a lot of make-up.
(d) She has bright red hair.
3. What game do Liz, Willa Jo and Little Sister play when Liz comes to visit?
(b) Candy Land.
4. Who is Elizabeth?
(a) Aunt Patty's godchild.
(b) Uncle Hob's sister.
(c) The oldest Fingers child.
(d) The girl behind the candy counter.
5. How many times does Aunt Patty wash the kitchen floor after the creatures in #35 are removed?
(a) Five times.
(c) Ten times.
6. What does Cynthia hide in her dress when she visits the girls?
(a) Jelly beans.
(c) Bubble gum.
(d) Hair ribbons.
7. How many pets does Aunt Patty have?
8. What job does the girls' mother do?
(a) Works as a nurse in a hospital.
(b) Sews and tailors clothing.
(c) Paints pictures for greeting cards.
(d) Owns a restaurant in town.
9. What game do Isaac and Little Sister play?
(a) War and jungle.
(b) Cowboys and Indians.
(c) Grocery store.
10. What does Aunt Patty do when she finds Willa Jo, Little Sister and their mother napping in the afternoon?
(a) She leaves so that she won't disturb them.
(b) She turns off the phone so it won't wake them.
(c) She tells them to get up and get dressed.
(d) She pulls the shades so the room is darker.
11. What job does Elizabeth have?
(a) Selling snacks at the movie theater.
(b) Working at the dime store.
(d) Washing dishes at the ice cream store.
12. What did Willa Jo, Little Sister and their mother do after Baby's death to seem less lonely?
(a) They slept in the same bed.
(b) They had dinners with friends.
(c) They visited family members.
(d) They held hands all the time.
13. What did Aunt Patty do when she couldn't find Willa Jo and Little Sister?
(a) Sent Uncle Hop out to find them.
(b) Called the neighbors.
(c) Drove around looking for them.
(d) Called the sheriff.
14. What does Aunt Patty do when more of the Finger children come over to play?
(a) Offers to take them to the swimming pool.
(b) Sends them home to get permission to go on a picnic.
(c) Takes lemonade outside for everyone.
(d) Calls Willa Jo and Little Sister to come inside.
15. How old is Isaac?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Aunt Patty feel when Little Sister uses sign language in front of other people?
2. What game do Willa Jo, Little Sister and Cynthia play?
3. What do some of the girls get from playing in the grass at Bible School?
4. What does Aunt Patty tell Willa Jo about Liz?
5. What does Elizabeth do when Willa Jo and Little Sister cry?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)