|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Uncle Hob tell Aunt Patty to get for him after he sees the girls on the roof?
(a) A garden hose.
(b) A ladder.
(c) A bullhorn.
(d) A stack of pancakes.
2. What does Aunt Patty do when more of the Finger children come over to play?
(a) Calls Willa Jo and Little Sister to come inside.
(b) Sends them home to get permission to go on a picnic.
(c) Takes lemonade outside for everyone.
(d) Offers to take them to the swimming pool.
3. What does Elizabeth do when Willa Jo and Little Sister cry?
(a) She laughs at them.
(b) She waits for them to finish.
(c) She cries and hugs them.
(d) She runs away.
4. Why doesn't Aunt Patty know much about children?
(a) She doesn't like them.
(b) She never had any.
(c) She can't stand noise.
(d) Her baby died.
5. How does Little Sister communicate?
(a) Sign language.
(b) Written notes.
(d) Writing on a chalk board.
6. Aunt Patty announces that the girls will be attending _______________________.
(a) the Bible School Day Camp.
(b) the Y.M.C.A.
(c) the Raleigh Ballet performance.
(d) the Girl Scouts.
7. What are Liz and her brothers building for their mother?
(a) A raised garden.
(b) A clothesline.
(c) A trellis for roses.
(d) Flower boxes.
8. What does Aunt Patty tell Willa Jo as the story begins?
(a) They are leaving for the beach now.
(b) It is time for lunch.
(c) She is fed up with her.
(d) She needs to finish her homework.
9. How many pets does Aunt Patty have?
10. Who does Liz bring with her to Aunt Patty's house in Chapter 9?
11. What is Willa Jo's reaction when Mrs. Biddle tells the girls that Aunt Patty is doing her best?
(a) She says that her best isn't good enough.
(b) She agrees to come down off the roof.
(c) She doesn't even flinch.
(d) She gets tears in her eyes.
12. What profession did Willa Jo's father, grandfathers and great-grandfathers have?
13. How does Aunt Patty feel about having Willa Jo and Little Sister at her home?
(a) She hopes she is caring for them properly.
(b) She is very protective of them.
(c) She is fed up with them.
(d) She loves every minute of it.
14. Where does Willa Jo watch the sunrise at Aunt Patty's house?
(a) A big oak tree.
(b) The back porch.
(c) A bedroom window.
(d) The roof.
15. What is Cynthia's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elizabeth say that makes Willa Jo sob?
2. What does Willa Jo use too much of in the bathroom one day?
3. What did Uncle Hob learn a long time ago about Aunt Patty?
4. What job does the girls' mother do?
5. Why is Miss Pettibone annoyed with Little Sister?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)