|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Isaac bring to Little Sister?
(a) A snake.
(b) A June bug.
(c) His ant farm.
(d) Lightning bugs.
2. Mrs. Wainwright is president of which organization?
(a) The Junior League of Raleigh.
(b) The Ladies Social League.
(c) The North Carolina Historical Preservation Society.
(d) The Raleigh Republicans Club.
3. What is Willa Jo's reaction when Mrs. Biddle tells the girls that Aunt Patty is doing her best?
(a) She gets tears in her eyes.
(b) She agrees to come down off the roof.
(c) She says that her best isn't good enough.
(d) She doesn't even flinch.
4. How many pets does Aunt Patty have?
5. What is Aunt Patty's demeanor in #20?
(a) She tries to make the girls feel welcome.
(b) She does not include the girls in any decisions.
(c) She is very emotional and supportive.
(d) She is dismissive.
6. What does the woman in #3 tell Aunt Patty?
(a) That a bad thunderstorm is coming.
(b) That she can take her to work today.
(c) That Willa Jo and Little Sister are on the roof.
(d) That the road into town is closed.
7. Aunt Patty tells Liz that Willa Jo and Little Sister have ____________________.
(a) lots of dresses.
(b) big allowances.
(c) all the candy they want.
(d) lots of friends.
8. How can Cynthia best be described?
(c) Quiet and shy.
(d) Spoiled brat.
9. Who does Liz bring with her to Aunt Patty's house in Chapter 9?
10. Why does Aunt Patty not want Willa Jo and Little Sister to play with the family across the street?
(a) They are vulgar.
(b) They are dirty.
(c) They are poor.
(d) They are Black.
11. Why must the girls enter the house through the garage?
(a) Aunt Patty doesn't want her carpet to get dirty.
(b) They can hang up their coats in the garage.
(c) So they won't interrupt Aunt Patty's bridge club.
(d) That door is always unlocked.
12. Elizabeth asks Willa Jo and Little Sister if they are the girls who _______________________.
(a) live in California.
(b) lost their baby sister.
(c) won the sack race.
(d) are new at school.
13. What does Aunt Patty do when Little Sister rearranges the items in #33?
(a) Sends Little Sister to bed with no supper.
(b) Spanks Little Sister.
(c) Scolds Little Sister.
(d) Leaves them as Little Sister arranged them.
14. Which of the following does NOT describe how Willa Jo thinks her mother sounds on the phone?
15. What issue concerns Patty about Noreen?
(a) Her house.
(b) Her religion.
(c) Her health.
(d) Her job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT describe Elizabeth?
2. What does Aunt Patty do when Willa Jo and Little Sister refuse to come down off the roof?
3. What did Aunt Patty do when she couldn't find Willa Jo and Little Sister?
4. What of the following happened in the girls' home after Baby died?
5. How old is Isaac?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)