|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Willa Jo and Little Sister doing on the roof?
(a) Getting a suntan.
(b) Watching the sun.
(c) Retrieving a ball.
(d) Rescuing a baby bird.
2. Which Bible School student comes over to eat with Willa Jo and Little Sister?
3. What did Uncle Hob learn a long time ago about Aunt Patty?
(a) She likes cream in her coffee.
(b) She can really hold a grudge.
(c) He always agrees with her.
(d) Her generosity knows no bounds.
4. To avoid embarrassment, Aunt Patty tells other people that she sent the girls up to the roof to ___________________.
(a) watch out for Uncle Hob.
(b) look for their ball.
(c) take photographs.
(d) look for broken roof tiles.
5. What is the name of Willa Jo's group at Bible School?
(a) The Sunflowers.
(b) The Son-Shines.
(c) The Sunbeams.
(d) The Suncatchers.
6. How does Aunt Patty feel about having Willa Jo and Little Sister at her home?
(a) She hopes she is caring for them properly.
(b) She loves every minute of it.
(c) She is fed up with them.
(d) She is very protective of them.
7. Liz tells Aunt Patty that it is nice of her to invite Cynthia over to play because ______________________.
(a) she is sick a lot and doesn't get out much.
(b) she is very shy.
(c) other girls are jealous of her.
(d) no one else will play with her.
8. What does Aunt Patty do when she finds Willa Jo, Little Sister and their mother napping in the afternoon?
(a) She tells them to get up and get dressed.
(b) She turns off the phone so it won't wake them.
(c) She leaves so that she won't disturb them.
(d) She pulls the shades so the room is darker.
9. Mrs. Wainwright is president of which organization?
(a) The Junior League of Raleigh.
(b) The Raleigh Republicans Club.
(c) The Ladies Social League.
(d) The North Carolina Historical Preservation Society.
10. How can Cynthia best be described?
(a) Quiet and shy.
(d) Spoiled brat.
11. The girls' mother told Willa Jo and Little Sister that Baby _____________________.
(a) visited the angels.
(b) is fluffing up clouds.
(c) is singing in heaven.
(d) is talking to God.
12. What is the name of the family staying in the vacation bungalows across from Aunt Patty's house?
13. What did the girls' mother try to get them to do every day?
(a) Take a nap.
(b) Visit Baby's grave.
(c) Play with their friends.
(d) Sit outside and watch the sun.
14. What is the excavation that Liz shows to Willa Jo and Little Sister?
(a) A big tent.
(b) A cave.
(c) An old fort.
(d) A treehouse.
15. Which of the following does NOT describe Elizabeth?
(a) Red hair.
(b) Long hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the woman in #3 doing when Willa Jo sees her?
2. What does Aunt Patty tell Willa Jo about Liz?
3. How old is the woman in #3?
4. What is the girls' mother's name?
5. Who is Aunt Penny's husband?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)