|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Aunt Penny's husband?
(a) Uncle Hob.
(b) Uncle Fred.
(c) Uncle Joe.
(d) Uncle Jack.
2. What are Willa Jo and Little Sister doing on the roof?
(a) Retrieving a ball.
(b) Rescuing a baby bird.
(c) Getting a suntan.
(d) Watching the sun.
3. Aunt Patty announces that the girls will be attending _______________________.
(a) the Bible School Day Camp.
(b) the Raleigh Ballet performance.
(c) the Y.M.C.A.
(d) the Girl Scouts.
4. What do some of the girls get from playing in the grass at Bible School?
(a) Grass stains.
(b) Itchy eyes.
(c) Poison Ivy.
5. How many pets does Aunt Patty have?
6. Who is Elizabeth?
(a) The girl behind the candy counter.
(b) Aunt Patty's godchild.
(c) The oldest Fingers child.
(d) Uncle Hob's sister.
7. How old is the woman in #3?
8. What does Willa Jo notice about Mrs. Finger?
(a) She is very short.
(b) She has bright red hair.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She wears a lot of make-up.
9. What did Willa Jo, Little Sister and their mother do after Baby's death to seem less lonely?
(a) They had dinners with friends.
(b) They slept in the same bed.
(c) They held hands all the time.
(d) They visited family members.
10. What does Willa Jo tell her mother which mortifies Aunt Patty?
(a) That Uncle Hob drinks a lot of beer.
(b) That Liz' mom is pregnant.
(c) That Aunt Patty and Uncle Hob argue all the time.
(d) That Aunt Patty cleans house in her underwear.
11. Who does Liz bring with her to Aunt Patty's house in Chapter 9?
12. Why is Miss Pettibone annoyed with Little Sister?
(a) She won't talk.
(b) She sucks her thumb.
(c) She can't use scissors.
(d) She wet her pants.
13. Liz tells Aunt Patty that it is nice of her to invite Cynthia over to play because ______________________.
(a) she is very shy.
(b) no one else will play with her.
(c) she is sick a lot and doesn't get out much.
(d) other girls are jealous of her.
14. What is the woman in #3 doing when Willa Jo sees her?
(a) Mowing the lawn.
(b) Watering flowers.
(c) Taking out the trash.
15. What is Willa Jo's reaction when Mrs. Biddle tells the girls that Aunt Patty is doing her best?
(a) She doesn't even flinch.
(b) She gets tears in her eyes.
(c) She agrees to come down off the roof.
(d) She says that her best isn't good enough.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mrs. Wainwright is president of which organization?
2. Elizabeth tells Willa Jo and Little Sister that Aunt Patty has signed them up for ____________________.
3. What does Aunt Patty threaten to do if the girls won't come down off the roof?
4. What is the name of the family staying in the vacation bungalows across from Aunt Patty's house?
5. Where are most of the girls in the Bible School eating lunch?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)