|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mrs. Wainwright is president of which organization?
(a) The Raleigh Republicans Club.
(b) The North Carolina Historical Preservation Society.
(c) The Junior League of Raleigh.
(d) The Ladies Social League.
2. What is Willa Jo's reaction when Mrs. Biddle tells the girls that Aunt Patty is doing her best?
(a) She says that her best isn't good enough.
(b) She agrees to come down off the roof.
(c) She doesn't even flinch.
(d) She gets tears in her eyes.
3. How old is Isaac?
4. Elizabeth tells Willa Jo and Little Sister that Aunt Patty has signed them up for ____________________.
(a) swimming lessons.
(b) Sunday School.
(c) Summer school.
(d) charm school.
5. How many pets does Aunt Patty have?
6. What does Isaac give to Aunt Patty?
(a) A bouquet of flowers.
(b) A drawing.
(c) A butterfly in a jar.
(d) Pretty stones.
7. How old is the woman in #3?
8. What did the girls' mother try to get them to do every day?
(a) Visit Baby's grave.
(b) Take a nap.
(c) Play with their friends.
(d) Sit outside and watch the sun.
9. No one in Elizabeth's family is __________________.
10. Aunt Patty likes to sit on the patio with a stack of magazines and ___________________.
(a) a glass of iced tea.
(b) potato chips.
11. What does Aunt Patty threaten to do if the girls won't come down off the roof?
(a) Call their father.
(b) Call the Fire Department.
(c) Call the Police Chief.
(d) Call their mother.
12. Who is with Willa Jo when watching the sunrise?
(b) Willie Boy.
(c) Little Sister.
(d) Stevie Lee.
13. What can Willa Jo not tell her mother on the phone?
(a) That she kissed a boy.
(b) That she is sewing a new dress.
(c) That they are happy at Aunt Patty's.
(d) That she is taking swimming lessons.
14. What are Willa Jo and Little Sister doing at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) Watching television.
(b) Swimming at the pool.
(c) Working on a puzzle.
(d) Sitting on the roof.
15. What does the woman in #3 tell Aunt Patty?
(a) That the road into town is closed.
(b) That a bad thunderstorm is coming.
(c) That Willa Jo and Little Sister are on the roof.
(d) That she can take her to work today.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Cynthia's last name?
2. What does Aunt Patty do when she finds Willa Jo, Little Sister and their mother napping in the afternoon?
3. What is the first thing that Aunt Patty does when Willa Jo and Little Sister arrive at her house?
4. Which of the following best describes Aunt Patty?
5. What does Cynthia hide in her dress when she visits the girls?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)