|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Little Sister bring into the kitchen one day?
(d) Lightning bugs.
2. What is one of the first rules that the girls learn about Aunt Patty's house?
(a) They will attend church each Sunday.
(b) They must dress up for dinner every night.
(c) They have to make their beds before going outside.
(d) They can't enter the house by the front door.
3. Aunt Patty asks her husband if the girls look like __________________ in their new clothes.
(a) beauty queens.
(b) new pennies.
(c) doll babies.
4. What game do Isaac and Little Sister play?
(b) Grocery store.
(c) Cowboys and Indians.
(d) War and jungle.
5. What does Aunt Patty buy for the girls in the store in #26?
(a) Strawberry milkshakes.
(b) A tea set.
(c) Winter coats.
6. What profession did Willa Jo's father, grandfathers and great-grandfathers have?
7. Why is Willa Jo so moody and emotional at Aunt Patty's house?
(a) She misses her father.
(b) She misses her mother.
(c) She feels guilty about her sister's death.
(d) She misses her friends at home.
8. What issue concerns Patty about Noreen?
(a) Her health.
(b) Her house.
(c) Her job.
(d) Her religion.
9. Which neighbor does Willa Jo see as she watches the sunrise?
(a) Mrs. Garber.
(b) Mrs. Garver.
(c) Mrs. Garbing.
(d) Mrs. Grover.
10. What are Willa Jo and Little Sister doing on the roof?
(a) Watching the sun.
(b) Getting a suntan.
(c) Retrieving a ball.
(d) Rescuing a baby bird.
11. Aunt Patty is very happy when the girls join in singing ______________________ at Bible School.
(a) He's Got the Whole World in His Hands.
(b) What a Friend I Have in Jesus.
(c) The B-I-B-L-E, That's the Book for Me.
(d) This Little Light of Mine.
12. What is the name of Willa Jo's group at Bible School?
(a) The Suncatchers.
(b) The Sunflowers.
(c) The Son-Shines.
(d) The Sunbeams.
13. What is the girls' mother's name?
14. Which of the following best describes Aunt Patty?
15. Who is Elizabeth?
(a) The girl behind the candy counter.
(b) Aunt Patty's godchild.
(c) The oldest Fingers child.
(d) Uncle Hob's sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does Elizabeth have?
2. How do Liz and her brothers get the dirt out of the cave?
3. What game do Liz, Willa Jo and Little Sister play when Liz comes to visit?
4. What is the woman in #3 doing when Willa Jo sees her?
5. No one in Elizabeth's family is __________________.
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)