Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Chapters 1 and 2
1. What is Willa Jo doing at the beginning of the book which irritates and frustrates her Aunt Patty?
2. Why are Aunt Patty's pleas for the girls to come down off the roof futile?
3. How does Little Sister communicate since she has stopped talking, and what does Aunt Patty think about it?
4. How does Aunt Patty show her intense frustration about Willa Jo to Mrs. Biddle?
5. What are Willa Jo and Little Sister doing that makes Aunt Patty so upset and especially...
This section contains 1,077 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)