Chapters 1 and 2
1. What does Aunt Patty tell Willa Jo as the story begins?
(a) It is time for lunch.
(b) She needs to finish her homework.
(c) She is fed up with her.
(d) They are leaving for the beach now.
2. Where does Willa Jo watch the sunrise at Aunt Patty's house?
(a) The roof.
(b) The back porch.
(c) A bedroom window.
(d) A big oak tree.
3. Which neighbor does Willa Jo see as she watches the sunrise?
(a) Mrs. Grover.
(b) Mrs. Garber.
(c) Mrs. Garbing.
(d) Mrs. Garver.
4. What is the woman in #3 doing when Willa Jo sees her?
(b) Taking out the trash.
(c) Watering flowers.
(d) Mowing the lawn.
5. How old is the woman in #3?
6. What does the woman in #3 tell Aunt Patty?
(a) That a bad thunderstorm is coming.
(b) That she can take her to work today.
(c) That Willa Jo and Little Sister are on the roof.
(d) That the road into town is closed.
This section contains 4,591 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)