|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tancred, angry at himself for grieving so intensely and shirking his duty, does what?
2. Where does this person deposit the two Crusaders?
3. What plan does Clorinda formulate?
4. Godfrey and most of the other Crusaders accept Renaldo's repentance, but Peter tells him he needs to do what?
5. That night, as the rain falls, Godfrey is visited by whom?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Books 17and 18 lay the groundwork for the poem's climactic confrontations.
Part 1) Describe Books 17and 18. How do they lay the groundwork for the poem's climactic confrontations on a literal level?
Part 2) How do they lay the groundwork for the poem's climactic confrontations on a symbolic level?
Part 3) How do these books affect the reader? How do they affect the sense of the poem? Is it more suspenseful? Bittersweet? Sad? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Women in this poem start as enemies.
Part 1) How and why do they start as enemies? What is the ideal woman like? How do you know this?
Part 2) How does this emphasize the unusual qualities of the warrior woman?
Part 3) How do the religious beliefs of the people of this day support this belief about women?
Essay Topic 3
Two angels enter the battle in opposition to each other.
Part 1) Who are these angels? Why do they join the battle?
Part 2) What is the purpose for the angels in this battle?
Part 3) How do these angels support the ideas of good versus evil and women as starting as evil.
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)