|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who escorts Armida to Godfrey's tent?
2. A pair of messengers from whom arrives at the camp of Godfrey and the Crusaders?
3. What is Armida doing with her dark magic?
4. What do Argantes and Aletes warn the Crusaders?
5. As what is Godfrey elected?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Muslim ruler of Jerusalem do at this same time?
2. What plan does Clorinda formulate?
3. What does Renaldo attempt to do to Argantes? Why?
4. What takes place during the battle between Raymond and Argantes?
5. Who first confesses to stealing the statue? Why?
6. What does Godfrey do, regarding the battle? How does Renaldo respond?
7. What does the author say about the Caliph?
8. Who is Valfrine?
9. Why does an angel visit Godfrey?
10. What is happening at the camp of Godfrey and the Crusaders?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The ways Erminia and Tancred are welcomed in Book 7 are contrasting.
Part 1) How are they welcomed? How are these welcomes contrasting?
Part 2) What is the purpose for this contrast?
Part 3) What does this contrast reveal about the characters in this story?
Essay Topic 2
Clorinda is a female warrior.
Part 1) Why is this significant?
Part 2) How does she differ from Sophronia? What is the purpose for these differences?
Part 3) What real figure might she represent? Who might she represent today? Why?
Essay Topic 3
The poem tells a quest story.
Part 1) What is a quest story? How does this tell a quest story?
Part 2) What is unique about this quest story? What is the purpose of this?
Part 3) Name two other quest stories. What is the purpose of these quest stories? Compare them to this story.
This section contains 964 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)