|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As they arm themselves, Godfrey does what?
(a) Solemnly leads his men to battle.
(b) Rides through their ranks and speaks inspiring and encouraging words.
(c) Prays to God.
(d) Watches from a high tower.
2. What happens when one Crusader manages to get through?
(a) He cannot find Ismen.
(b) He finds himself turned back by a blazing fire.
(c) His crops die.
(d) He cannot hear God's response.
3. The poet gives a brief history of what empire?
(a) The British empire.
(b) The Roman empire.
(c) The Egyptian empire.
(d) The Persian empire.
4. When the "pagans" behind Jerusalem's walls shout taunts and abuse, what do the Crusaders do?
(a) They become angry.
(b) They stop their worship service.t
(c) They continue the worship service.
(d) They attack the Muslims.
5. Where does this person deposit the two Crusaders?
(a) On the edge of the field.
(b) On the other side of the forest.
(c) On the other side of the mountain range.
(d) On the shores of Armida's country.
Short Answer Questions
1. Soliman steps forward and speaks aggressively in favor of what?
2. It is claimed that if Tancred chops down the trees, what will happen?
3. God hears his prayer and sends what?
4. Using a mystical shield as a kind of mirror of history, what does the Hermit show Renaldo?
5. About what do the Egyptian-led soldiers brag?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)