|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Guelpho and Ubaldo begin their voyage, what are they surprised to discover?
(a) The tiller is being handled by a beautiful young woman.
(b) The mountaineer is an old woman.
(c) The guide is a young boy.
(d) The trees talk.
2. Why does Valfrine court some of Armida's maids?
(a) He finds them all attractive.
(b) In an effort to find a wife.
(c) He has nothing better to do.
(d) In an effort to get information out of them.
3. What plan does Clorinda formulate?
(a) To go into the Crusaders' camp and burn down their assault tower.
(b) To go into the Crusaders' camp and poison them all.
(c) To go into the Crusaders' camp and kill the leaders.
(d) To go into the Crusaders' camp and seduce the men.
4. In the forest, what does Renaldo destroy?
(a) The spirit.
(b) The trees.
(c) The ghosts.
(d) The wild beasts.
5. Who decides it is time for Clorinda to know the truth of her origins?
(a) Her oldest slave.
(b) Her youngest slave.
(c) Her best friend.
(d) Her sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the queen fear for Clorinda's life?
2. When they return to the camp, where do they find Godfrey?
3. Where does this person deposit the two Crusaders?
4. What had happened to Tancred and a group of the warriors who followed Armida?
5. What does the Hermit urge Renaldo to do?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)