|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when water and supplies become scarce?
(a) The Crusaders' faith grows stronger.
(b) Many Crusaders die.
(c) Several Crusaders go in search of more water and supplies.
(d) Several Crusaders come to believe God has abandoned them.
2. Why does Valfrine court some of Armida's maids?
(a) He finds them all attractive.
(b) In an effort to get information out of them.
(c) He has nothing better to do.
(d) In an effort to find a wife.
3. How does Soliman leave the field of battle?
(a) Fearful and anxious.
(b) Full of pride and arrogance.
(c) Wounded and discouraged.
(d) Angry and hostile.
4. What plan does Clorinda formulate?
(a) To go into the Crusaders' camp and kill the leaders.
(b) To go into the Crusaders' camp and seduce the men.
(c) To go into the Crusaders' camp and poison them all.
(d) To go into the Crusaders' camp and burn down their assault tower.
5. The following morning, what warns the Crusaders that battle is imminent?
(a) A dove with a message for Godfrey.
(b) A giant cloud of dust raised by the advancing Egyptian army.
(c) A message from God.
(d) An Egyptian messenger.
Short Answer Questions
1. Under cover of night, Clorinda and Argantes make their way across the battlefield and into the Crusaders' camp, where they throw what _________.
2. What do the men receive that will help them find Rinaldo?
3. Ismen goes into a nearby forest and does what?
4. Godfrey and most of the other Crusaders accept Renaldo's repentance, but Peter tells him he needs to do what?
5. In the forest, what does Renaldo destroy?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)