|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Renaldo arms himself and journeys into the forest, what does he encounter?
(a) Many trees.
(c) A spirit disguised as Armida.
(d) Wild beasts.
2. Why was the queen kept prisoner?
(a) Because she was a slave.
(b) Because she was dangerous.
(c) Because of the king's jealousy.
(d) Because she was ill.
3. Alecto visits the pagan king Soliman who inspires him to do what?
(a) Give in to the Crusaders.
(b) Convert to Christianity.
(c) Journey to Aladine's aid.
(d) Stop fighting the Crusaders.
4. What does the Hermit urge Renaldo to do?
(a) Stay with him.
(b) Get revenge on Armida.
(c) Put a spell on Armida.
(d) Forgive himself for falling under Armida's spell.
5. It is claimed that if Tancred chops down the trees, what will happen?
(a) They will suffer and die all over again.
(b) His parents will be reborn.
(c) The women he loves will leave him.
(d) The dead warriors will attack him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Under cover of night, Clorinda and Argantes make their way across the battlefield and into the Crusaders' camp, where they throw what _________.
2. What does Tancred encounter?
3. The morning of the attack, Raymond visits Godfrey and discovers Godfrey is wearing what?
4. The following morning, what warns the Crusaders that battle is imminent?
5. As the men pass by all temptations, upon whom do they come?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)