|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Tancred guilty and embarrassed?
(a) An innocent died because of his indecision.
(b) He is afraid to fight.
(c) His soldiers are not prepared for battle.
(d) He cares too much for Clorinda.
2. What does Clorinda step forward and offer?
(a) Her belief that the two are co-conspirators.
(b) Herself as a sacrifice.
(c) Her belief that the lovers are innocent.
(d) Her family as a sacrifice.
3. Who decides he wants to be the replacement, assumes Renaldo was going to get the job, and speaks badly about him around the camp?
4. What do Argantes and Aletes warn the Crusaders?
(a) Of the poverty they are in.
(b) Of the disease that they will suffer.
(c) Of the dangers they will face.
(d) Of the evil powers of the Muslims.
5. Why does Argantes plot to gain some glory for himself?
(a) He wants to glorify God.
(b) He feels insecure in his own power.
(c) He is jealous of Soliman's power and influence.
(d) He wants to replace Godfrey with himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Back at camp, how many pieces of bad new does Godfrey receive?
2. What does Clorinda vow?
3. What happens as the battle rages around Tancred and Clorinda?
4. Who leads their first attack?
5. How does the Muslim ruler fortify Jerusalem?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Armida arrives at the camp?
2. What vow does Clorinda make? What is Aladine's response?
3. What does the Muslim leader end up doing?
4. How does Godfrey respond to Armida's request?
5. Why does an angel visit Godfrey?
6. Where does the Hermit lead Guelpho and Ubaldo? How are they surprise?
7. What happens after Erminia becomes lost and spends a night in the woods?
8. Why does Eustace try to talk Renaldo into seeking Godfrey's assignment?
9. What happens after the storm passes?
10. Who first confesses to stealing the statue? Why?
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)