|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Tancred becomes aware of Clorinda?
(a) He becomes angry.
(b) He becomes bitter.
(c) He becomes sad.
(d) He becomes distracted.
2. Who escorts Armida to Godfrey's tent?
3. What happens to the man who speaks badly about Renaldo?
(a) He is tortured.
(b) He is protected.
(c) He runs away.
(d) He dies.
4. What does Clorinda step forward and offer?
(a) Her belief that the lovers are innocent.
(b) Herself as a sacrifice.
(c) Her belief that the two are co-conspirators.
(d) Her family as a sacrifice.
5. What does Godfrey say he will do once the battle is complete?
(a) He will search for Armida's queen.
(b) He will send Armida back to her family.
(c) He will kill Armida.
(d) He would be happy to help Armida.
Short Answer Questions
1. What story does Armida tell?
2. What must be done before any decision is made about who will accompany Armida?
3. To whom does God send the Angel Gabriel?
4. Why does Aladine furiously raid all the Christian homes in Jerusalem?
5. As the other lords become angry, what does Godfrey do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Clorinda learn about her origins?
2. What happens when Tancred and Clorinda see each other?
3. What happens when Renaldo, Guelpho, and Ubaldo arrive at the home of the Hermit?
4. What do the spirits tell Tancred?
5. Why is Soliman suggested to have a heart of metal or stone?
6. What does Aladine do when the statue disappears?
7. What vow does Clorinda make? What is Aladine's response?
8. What is said after the poem describes Godfrey's election as the army's leader?
9. What does Godfrey do when the Crusaders prepare to go into battle?
10. What takes place during the battle?
This section contains 1,049 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)