|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Argantes, one of the Egyptian messengers, calls him cowardly, what does Aladine do?
(a) He has him tortured.
(b) He reminds him that he is older, wiser, and more experienced.
(c) He pities him.
(d) He laughs at him.
2. As Tancred searches in vain for Erminia, who does he encounter?
(b) The angel Michael.
(d) A patrolling knight.
3. Who decides he wants to be the replacement, assumes Renaldo was going to get the job, and speaks badly about him around the camp?
4. How does the Muslim ruler fortify Jerusalem?
(a) With many armed guards.
(b) With the power of God.
(c) With three mighty walls.
(d) With Christian volunteers.
5. Why is Tancred guilty and embarrassed?
(a) He is afraid to fight.
(b) An innocent died because of his indecision.
(c) He cares too much for Clorinda.
(d) His soldiers are not prepared for battle.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the other lords become angry, what does Godfrey do?
2. To whom does this holy man send messengers?
3. What is described at detailed length?
4. What happened to Erminia after this man conquered her kingdom but treated her and her belongings with immense respect, eventually freeing her?
5. What must be done before any decision is made about who will accompany Armida?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who first confesses to stealing the statue? Why?
2. What does Aladine do when the statue disappears?
3. Why is the Muslim ruler unable to kill the Christians?
4. What is Argantes doing back in Jerusalem?
5. What does Aladine say when Argantes calls him cowardly?
6. What is Armida doing in the camp?
7. Where does the Hermit lead Guelpho and Ubaldo? How are they surprise?
8. What takes place after the service?
9. How does Clorinda die?
10. Who is Gernando? What happens to him? Why does this happen?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)