|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Valfrine court some of Armida's maids?
(a) In an effort to get information out of them.
(b) He has nothing better to do.
(c) He finds them all attractive.
(d) In an effort to find a wife.
2. About what do the Egyptian-led soldiers brag?
(a) Their strength.
(b) The strength of the Crusaders.
(c) Godfrey will be killed.
(d) The power of the Egyptians.
3. That night, as the rain falls, Godfrey is visited by whom?
(b) The Muslims.
(c) An angel.
4. How does Clorinda kill several attackers?
(a) She strangles them.
(b) She uses her skills at archery.
(c) She uses her skills at sword fighting.
(d) She uses her skills at dark magic.
5. The Crusaders make the perilous journey to the castle, encountering several dangers, including what?
(a) A dragon and a wild cat.
(b) Demons and devils.
(c) A giant snake and a ferocious lion.
(d) Many magical creatures.
6. As Guelpho and Ubaldo begin their voyage, what are they surprised to discover?
(a) The tiller is being handled by a beautiful young woman.
(b) The trees talk.
(c) The mountaineer is an old woman.
(d) The guide is a young boy.
7. Why did the queen fear for Clorinda's life?
(a) She was white.
(b) She was black.
(c) She is intelligent.
(d) She has a hot temper.
8. Who decides it is time for Clorinda to know the truth of her origins?
(a) Her youngest slave.
(b) Her oldest slave.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her best friend.
9. Godfrey orders that his entire army do what before the next assault on Jerusalem?
(a) Attend a worship service.
(c) Practice with each other.
(d) Go for a run.
10. Soliman's ability to continue fighting after what happens to his sons suggests what?
(a) He cares about his cause.
(b) He is proud of his sons.
(c) He loves his sons.
(d) He has a heart of metal or stone.
11. When the "pagans" behind Jerusalem's walls shout taunts and abuse, what do the Crusaders do?
(a) They stop their worship service.t
(b) They continue the worship service.
(c) They become angry.
(d) They attack the Muslims.
12. Michael visits the pagans and warns them about what?
(a) They should not trust the Crusaders.
(b) They only have a small chance of victory.
(c) Their resistance is futile.
(d) The Crusaders are powerful.
13. In the Crusaders' camp, Godfrey is in the middle of doing what?
(a) Planning an attack.
(b) Burying the dead from the last battle.
(c) Speaking with his warriors.
(d) Praying to God.
14. Soliman steps forward and speaks aggressively in favor of what?
(a) Ending the fight.
(b) Leaving Jerusalem.
(c) Continuing to fight.
(d) Betraying the Muslims.
15. Argantes volunteers to accompany Clorinda. Why does Soliman volunteer to go as well?
(a) He is jealous of Argantes' reputation and eager for glory.
(b) He does not want to be left alone.
(c) He is bored with nothing better to do.
(d) He is in love with Clorinda.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to all of Soliman's sons?
2. How does Soliman leave the field of battle?
3. As they arm themselves, Godfrey does what?
4. When they return to the camp, where do they find Godfrey?
5. Is Argantes killed?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)