|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ismen goes into a nearby forest and does what?
(a) Casts several magic spells.
(b) Talks to spirits.
(c) Cuts down the trees.
2. That night, as the other members of the pagan army are tending to their wounds and resting, how does Clorinda feel?
3. Prince Ubaldo and Guelpho are sent on their way with guidance from Peter, who advises them to seek out whom?
(a) The Muslims.
(d) A fellow hermit.
4. As the men pass by all temptations, upon whom do they come?
(a) Clorinda and Armida.
(b) Armida and Renaldo.
5. What does the Hermit urge Renaldo to do?
(a) Forgive himself for falling under Armida's spell.
(b) Stay with him.
(c) Get revenge on Armida.
(d) Put a spell on Armida.
6. Tancred tries to convince himself that what he is hearing is not real. Is he able to convince himself of this?
(b) Not at first.
7. What happens when water and supplies become scarce?
(a) The Crusaders' faith grows stronger.
(b) Several Crusaders come to believe God has abandoned them.
(c) Many Crusaders die.
(d) Several Crusaders go in search of more water and supplies.
8. Does Clorinda tell Soliman to accompany her?
(b) At first.
9. Tancred, angry at himself for grieving so intensely and shirking his duty, does what?
(a) He pleads to God.
(b) He goes into the forest and passes through the fire.
(c) He goes looking for Ismen.
(d) He tries to plant crops.
10. The following morning, what warns the Crusaders that battle is imminent?
(a) An Egyptian messenger.
(b) A giant cloud of dust raised by the advancing Egyptian army.
(c) A dove with a message for Godfrey.
(d) A message from God.
11. Godfrey orders that his entire army do what before the next assault on Jerusalem?
(a) Practice with each other.
(c) Attend a worship service.
(d) Go for a run.
12. What is Ismen trying to prevent?
(a) Godfrey and his force from contacting God.
(b) Godfrey and his force using the land for farming.
(c) Godfrey and his force catching him.
(d) Godfrey and his forces from using the trees to build a new siege tower.
13. What had happened to Tancred and a group of the warriors who followed Armida?
(a) They had been rejected and sent home.
(b) They had been transformed into animals.
(c) They had been massacred.
(d) They had been converted to Islam.
14. After mystically healing Soliman's wounds, where does Ismen take him?
(a) To the Muslim camp.
(b) To the Christian camp.
(d) To Jerusalem.
15. The following day, Godfrey and his armies attack what?
(a) Clorinda and her warriors.
(b) Armida and her maidens.
(c) A group of Muslims.
(d) Aladine's fortifications.
Short Answer Questions
1. Argillan is released from prison, and fights viciously in support of whom?
2. Peter, the wise hermit and seer, reveals what about the remnants of Renaldo's body and armor found earlier?
3. The poet gives a brief history of what empire?
4. As they arm themselves, Godfrey does what?
5. Who pulls Valfrine aside?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)