|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what do the Egyptian-led soldiers brag?
(a) The strength of the Crusaders.
(b) The power of the Egyptians.
(c) Their strength.
(d) Godfrey will be killed.
2. When the "pagans" behind Jerusalem's walls shout taunts and abuse, what do the Crusaders do?
(a) They continue the worship service.
(b) They attack the Muslims.
(c) They become angry.
(d) They stop their worship service.t
3. Soliman steps forward and speaks aggressively in favor of what?
(a) Betraying the Muslims.
(b) Ending the fight.
(c) Continuing to fight.
(d) Leaving Jerusalem.
4. For what does Godfrey pray to God?
(a) Relief from the cold.
(b) Relief from the water.
(c) Relief from the heat.
(d) Relief from the fog.
5. For several days, what outside of Jerusalem is intense?
(a) The cold.
(b) The water.
(c) The heat.
(d) The fog.
6. Tancred, angry at himself for grieving so intensely and shirking his duty, does what?
(a) He goes looking for Ismen.
(b) He goes into the forest and passes through the fire.
(c) He tries to plant crops.
(d) He pleads to God.
7. Is Argantes killed?
(b) No, he is wounded.
(c) No, he kills Tancred.
(d) No, but he dies later.
8. What revives this man that is found?
(a) Armida's tears.
(b) Clorinda's tears.
(c) Gildippes' tears.
(d) Erminia's tears.
9. Who was behind the entrapment of the Crusaders and enslaved Renaldo?
10. Godfrey orders that his entire army do what before the next assault on Jerusalem?
(b) Go for a run.
(c) Practice with each other.
(d) Attend a worship service.
11. While the tower is being constructed, a dove chased by a falcon falls into Godfrey's lap. What does he discover?
(a) It is injured.
(b) It is carrying message from Aladine to him.
(c) It is carrying a message from Caliph to him.
(d) It is carrying a message from the Caliph to Aladine.
12. Of what does Godfrey convince the Crusaders, regarding their cause?
(a) They must serve the greater cause of God's mission, not the lesser cause of revenge.
(b) They must get revenge right away.
(c) They must end the war and make peace.
(d) They must continue to fight for God's mission and must get revenge.
13. What happens when one Crusader manages to get through?
(a) He cannot hear God's response.
(b) He cannot find Ismen.
(c) He finds himself turned back by a blazing fire.
(d) His crops die.
14. As they arm themselves, Godfrey does what?
(a) Prays to God.
(b) Watches from a high tower.
(c) Rides through their ranks and speaks inspiring and encouraging words.
(d) Solemnly leads his men to battle.
15. What does Godfrey do as the rest of the camp sleeps?
(a) He worries.
(b) He sleeps.
(c) He prays.
(d) He lies awake, planning and considering.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Ismen prepares firebombs, what does Clorinda tell Aladine to take care of for her?
2. What had happened to Tancred and a group of the warriors who followed Armida?
3. It is claimed that if Tancred chops down the trees, what will happen?
4. The poet gives a brief history of what empire?
5. Why does Godfrey order a siege to begin the following day?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)