|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what does this Muslim ruler hear?
(a) The Crusaders have given up.
(b) The Crusaders' battle cries.
(c) The Crusaders fear him.
(d) The Crusaders' coming.
2. What must be done before any decision is made about who will accompany Armida?
(a) A replacement for Dudon must be chosen.
(b) A replacement for Godfrey must be chosen.
(c) A replacement for Clorinda must be chosen.
(d) A replacement for Argantes must be chosen.
3. What happens when Tancred becomes aware of Clorinda?
(a) He becomes angry.
(b) He becomes bitter.
(c) He becomes sad.
(d) He becomes distracted.
4. As what is Godfrey elected?
(a) The Church's leader.
(b) The town's leader.
(c) The army's leader.
(d) The navy's leader.
5. As the other lords become angry, what does Godfrey do?
(a) He thanks and agrees with the messengers.
(b) He too becomes angry.
(c) He thanks the messengers for their concern.
(d) He angrily sends the messengers away.
6. Who strikes and wounds Clorinda?
(d) A battle-crazed soldier.
7. What is the poet's story?
(a) The freeing of Jerusalem by Christians.
(b) The freeing of Jerusalem by Pagans.
(c) The freeing of Jerusalem by Buddhists.
(d) The freeing of Jerusalem by Muslims.
8. Why does Renaldo angrily attempt to take revenge on Argantes?
(a) For killing the noble Dudon.
(b) For being a Muslim.
(c) For killing his family.
(d) For betraying the Crusaders.
9. On how many lords does Godfrey finally randomly decide?
10. What arrives unexpectedly at the Christian camp?
(a) Muslim warriors.
(b) A supply train.
(c) More Crusaders.
(d) A present.
11. Who is the Muslim ruler of Jerusalem?
12. What does Clorinda vow?
(a) To be killed in their stead.
(b) To serve Aladine faithfully if he allows them to go free.
(c) To bring her family to Aladine.
(d) To take these two lovers out of the country.
13. Who impetuously rides out to challenge Argantes?
14. What does Hidraort think of this idea?
(a) He hates it.
(b) He is afraid of it.
(c) He likes it.
(d) He is not sure of it.
15. What prevents the Muslim ruler from doing what he would like to do?
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does the poet compare Aladine's actions?
2. What had this Biblical character done that was so similar to Aladine's actions?
3. Are Sophronia and Olindo set free?
4. Who is chosen by Godfrey regarding Argantes' request?
5. Who rides at the head of an army of reinforcements?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)