|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Tancred comes to the castle where this person is quartered, what does he discover?
(a) It belongs to the Muslims.
(b) It belongs to Armida.
(c) It belongs to Godfrey.
(d) It belongs to the King of Egypt.
2. Argantes rides out to the battlefield and does what?
(a) Asks for a truce.
(b) Calls for Tancred.
(c) Calls a challenge.
(d) Demands to see Godfrey.
3. For what does Armida say she has come to plead?
(a) Godfrey's help in winning back her kingdom.
(b) Godfrey's help in returning her to her owner.
(c) Godfrey's help in searching for God.
(d) Godrey's help in betraying the Crusaders.
4. Particular attention is paid to whom?
(a) Godfrey and Rinaldo.
(b) The angel Michael and Godfrey.
(c) Tancredi and Rinaldo.
(d) Godfrey and Tancredi.
5. To whom does God send the Angel Gabriel?
6. Who does Armida choose as her favorite?
7. Who decides he wants to be the replacement, assumes Renaldo was going to get the job, and speaks badly about him around the camp?
8. When Argantes, one of the Egyptian messengers, calls him cowardly, what does Aladine do?
(a) He pities him.
(b) He has him tortured.
(c) He reminds him that he is older, wiser, and more experienced.
(d) He laughs at him.
9. What does the Muslim ruler destroy?
(a) The Christians' churches.
(b) The Christians' homes and wells.
(c) The system of government.
(d) The Christians' castle.
10. Advisers from both sides urge them to call a truce, and they reluctantly agree to meet again how many days later?
11. A pair of messengers from whom arrives at the camp of Godfrey and the Crusaders?
(a) The King of Egypt.
(b) The Queen of Egypt.
(c) The Sultan of Arabia.
(d) The Tsar of Russia.
12. To whom does the poet compare Aladine's actions?
(a) To those of the Angel Gabriel.
(b) To those of Abraham.
(c) To those of Pontius Pilate.
(d) To those of Herod.
13. To whom does this holy man send messengers?
(a) His enemies.
(b) The Muslims.
(c) His allies.
(d) His family.
14. As the other lords become angry, what does Godfrey do?
(a) He angrily sends the messengers away.
(b) He too becomes angry.
(c) He thanks the messengers for their concern.
(d) He thanks and agrees with the messengers.
15. Why does Argantes plot to gain some glory for himself?
(a) He wants to glorify God.
(b) He is jealous of Soliman's power and influence.
(c) He wants to replace Godfrey with himself.
(d) He feels insecure in his own power.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Muslim ruler of Jerusalem?
2. Who protects Raymond?
3. By whom is Tancred challenged?
4. Whose help does the poet invoke?
5. Why does Aladine agree to her terms?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)