|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Armida enters the Christian camp?
(a) The men ignore her.
(b) The men of the army all become immediately attracted to her.
(c) The men attempt to kill her.
(d) The men run from her.
2. Where do the Crusaders march?
(a) On Jerusalem.
(b) Into the Promise Land.
(c) Through the mountains.
(d) Over the desert.
3. Who rides at the head of an army of reinforcements?
4. What happened to Erminia after this man conquered her kingdom but treated her and her belongings with immense respect, eventually freeing her?
(a) She respected him.
(b) She cared for him.
(c) She fell in love with him.
(d) She trusted him.
5. What is the poet's story?
(a) The freeing of Jerusalem by Muslims.
(b) The freeing of Jerusalem by Pagans.
(c) The freeing of Jerusalem by Christians.
(d) The freeing of Jerusalem by Buddhists.
6. Who is chosen by Godfrey regarding Argantes' request?
7. Who impetuously rides out to challenge Argantes?
8. What does Eustace feel about not being chosen?
9. What does Tancred do to the man who injures Clorinda?
(a) He laughs at him.
(b) He slaughters him.
(c) He thanks him.
(d) He chases him.
10. To whom does God send the Angel Gabriel?
11. What is described at detailed length?
(a) The navy of each enemy.
(b) The army of each ally.
(c) The navy of each ally.
(d) The army of each enemy.
12. From where does Aladine watch this first battle?
(a) From high in a tower.
(b) From his home.
(c) From the front lines.
(d) From a tent.
13. What does Godfrey believe it would be unwise to do?
(a) Ignroe Armida.
(b) Leave the current battle.
(c) Leave Armida alone.
(d) Help Armida.
14. What does Clorinda step forward and offer?
(a) Her family as a sacrifice.
(b) Her belief that the lovers are innocent.
(c) Her belief that the two are co-conspirators.
(d) Herself as a sacrifice.
15. What does Godfrey say he will do once the battle is complete?
(a) He will send Armida back to her family.
(b) He would be happy to help Armida.
(c) He will search for Armida's queen.
(d) He will kill Armida.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Eustace try to talk Renaldo into seeking the position requested by Godfrey?
2. A pair of messengers from whom arrives at the camp of Godfrey and the Crusaders?
3. On the advice of a sorcerer, what does Aladine do?
4. What happens as the battle rages around Tancred and Clorinda?
5. What does an aged sorcerer named Hidraort discover?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)