|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Books 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the poet compare Sophronia's actions to those of Christ?
(a) Her claim is a lie.
(b) She loves others more than herself.
(c) She always tells the truth.
(d) She was born of the Virgin Mary.
2. What happens when Tancred becomes aware of Clorinda?
(a) He becomes sad.
(b) He becomes angry.
(c) He becomes bitter.
(d) He becomes distracted.
3. What happens when Tancred pursues this person into the castle?
(a) He is thrown out of the castle.
(b) He is captured and tortured.
(c) He is taken prisoner.
(d) He is taunted.
4. What does the Hand of God take away to keep it safe?
(a) His people.
(b) The Church leader.
(c) The statue.
(d) A cross.
5. What revives this man that is found?
(a) Clorinda's tears.
(b) Armida's tears.
(c) Gildippes' tears.
(d) Erminia's tears.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the Crusaders unable to sleep?
2. What do the men receive that will help them find Rinaldo?
3. What had this Biblical character done that was so similar to Aladine's actions?
4. What does Gabriel tell this holy man?
5. Prince Ubaldo and Guelpho find this person in a cave where he speaks at length of what?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)