|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Books 14, 15, and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When are the Crusaders repeatedly turned back by the apparent presence of evil spirits?
(a) They try to plant crops.
(b) They try to use the trees to build a new siege tower.
(c) They try to talk to God.
(d) They try to catch Ismen.
2. How does Clorinda kill several attackers?
(a) She uses her skills at sword fighting.
(b) She uses her skills at archery.
(c) She uses her skills at dark magic.
(d) She strangles them.
3. Prince Ubaldo and Guelpho are sent on their way with guidance from Peter, who advises them to seek out whom?
(c) A fellow hermit.
(d) The Muslims.
4. What does Tancred encounter?
(a) The spirit of both of his loves.
(b) The spirits of his parents.
(c) The spirits of dead warriors.
(d) Trees that speak to him and claim to be the imprisoned spirits of those Christians killed in battle.
5. For what does Armida say she has come to plead?
(a) Godfrey's help in returning her to her owner.
(b) Godfrey's help in searching for God.
(c) Godfrey's help in winning back her kingdom.
(d) Godrey's help in betraying the Crusaders.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who decides it is time for Clorinda to know the truth of her origins?
2. A pair of messengers from whom arrives at the camp of Godfrey and the Crusaders?
3. To whom does the poet compare Aladine's actions?
4. After mystically healing Soliman's wounds, where does Ismen take him?
5. What kind of speech does Godfrey make?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)