|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was the queen kept prisoner?
(a) Because she was dangerous.
(b) Because she was ill.
(c) Because she was a slave.
(d) Because of the king's jealousy.
2. Back in Jerusalem, why is Argantes becoming more and more angry and impatient?
(a) He wants to end the war.
(b) He wants more power.
(c) He is waiting for the battle to end.
(d) He is waiting for his battle with Tancred to resume.
3. What does an aged sorcerer named Hidraort discover?
(a) He can foresee who will win the battle over Jerusalem.
(b) He can protect the Crusaders.
(c) He cannot foresee who will win the battle over Jerusalem.
(d) He can protect the Muslims.
4. How does Clorinda kill several attackers?
(a) She uses her skills at sword fighting.
(b) She strangles them.
(c) She uses her skills at archery.
(d) She uses her skills at dark magic.
5. Is Armida able to have any effect on Godfrey or Tancred?
(a) Quite a bit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is done for Dudon?
2. The following morning, the storm passes, and "the pagans" do what?
3. At whom does God look down?
4. In the Crusaders' camp, Godfrey is in the middle of doing what?
5. Whose help does the poet invoke?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)