|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose help does the poet invoke?
(a) Poetic muses.
(c) Various gods.
(d) His friends.
2. Particular attention is paid to whom?
(a) The angel Michael and Godfrey.
(b) Godfrey and Tancredi.
(c) Godfrey and Rinaldo.
(d) Tancredi and Rinaldo.
3. To whom does God send the Angel Gabriel?
4. What had this Biblical character done that was so similar to Aladine's actions?
(a) He is a father to the Muslims like Abraham was the father of Israel.
(b) Upon hearing that a savior (Christ) had been born, sent his armies through Israel with an order to kill all the male children.
(c) He spoke to a woman and her husband, telling them they would bear a son who would be king of all.
(d) Upon seeing the Jews taunt Jesus, he decided to wash his hands of the situation.
5. What happens as the battle rages around Tancred and Clorinda?
(a) They run from each other.
(b) They fight as well.
(c) They glare at each other.
(d) They vow to not hurt or kill each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leads their first attack?
2. What does Clorinda vow?
3. What does the Muslim ruler destroy?
4. What does Gabriel tell this holy man?
5. What is the poet's story?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)