|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Horwendil as he becomes a more accomplished king?
(a) He becomes a much better warrior with age.
(b) He becomes more interested in other women.
(c) He becomes more romantic.
(d) He becomes increasingly more distant to Gerutha.
2. What is Gerutha's interpretation of the songbirds singing?
(a) That they are singing about their past.
(b) That they are singing about love.
(c) That they are singing about their imprisionment.
(d) That they are singing about their happiness.
3. Why don't Gerutha and Horwendil have more children?
(a) They try, but Gerutha is unable to get pregnant.
(b) Gerutha does not want more children.
(c) Horwendil does not want more children.
(d) They can't afford to have more children.
4. Why does Feng leave Denmark?
(a) To flee his angry brother.
(b) To study in a university.
(c) To battle in other countries.
(d) To escape the temptation of Gerutha.
5. How does Rorik attempt to change Gerutha's opinion of Horwendil?
(a) He tells her a fairytale.
(b) He tells her the story of Ona and himself.
(c) He explains to her that it is her duty to marry Horwendil.
(d) He reminds her that she can not have an opinion because she is a woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Feng's Falconer?
2. What is Gerutha's explanation for spending so much time with Feng?
3. Which of the following is a name in Part 3?
4. Why does Gerutha's back hurt during her wedding day?
5. Which is evidence that Horwendil does not really love Gerutha?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gerutha find disturbing about falconry?
2. In what ways does Gerutha find Feng more interesting and desirable than Horwendil?
3. Describe how the songbirds, a gift from Horwendil, demonstrate the difference between the personalities of Horwendil and Gerutha.
4. Describe how the conversation during the sleigh ride displays the difference in the personality between Horwendil and Gerutha.
5. Describe Amleth as a baby and a boy.
6. Describe Rorik's physical appearance as he is introduced in the story.
7. Describe Feng's personality and character.
8. What does Gerutha think of married women?
9. Describe your view of the history between King Rorik and Ona.
10. Describe Gerutha's physical appearance as a young woman when she is first introduced in the story.
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)