|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a name in Part 2?
2. At what age does Feng return to Denmark?
3. What is Gerutha's explanation for spending so much time with Feng?
(a) That she simply is concerned for his health.
(b) That she feels badly for him since he often sulks in loneliness.
(c) That she helps Feng to study German.
(d) That she is Feng's only company, since Horwendil is often busy.
4. What happens to Horwendil as he becomes a more accomplished king?
(a) He becomes increasingly more distant to Gerutha.
(b) He becomes more romantic.
(c) He becomes more interested in other women.
(d) He becomes a much better warrior with age.
5. Gerutha feels that her feelings for Amleth are inadequate as a mother. What does she believe is the source of this?
(a) Gerutha thinks it is because Amleth was a difficult child.
(b) Gerutha does not know and is confused with her feelings.
(c) Gerutha believes it is because Horwedil is cold emotionally.
(d) Gerutha believes it is because she doesn´t love Horwendil.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Feng's Falconer?
2. Which word best describes Horwendil's behavior with the songbirds that he has given Gerutha?
3. Which of the following is a name in Part 1?
4. Why don't Gerutha and Horwendil have more children?
5. How does Rorik respond to his daughter´s strong opinion of marriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Ophelia and why she is considered beautiful.
2. What does Gerutha find disturbing about falconry?
3. What does Gerutha see as different about her father when he gives her his blessing?
4. Describe the springtime for Gerutha; what things are changing in her life?
5. Describe your view of the history between King Rorik and Ona.
6. What is similar between Bathsheba, the falcon whose eyes are sealed, and the characters of Gerutha and Feng?
7. Describe Rorik's physical appearance as he is introduced in the story.
8. Describe Gerutha's prediction of Horwendil as a husband.
9. Do you think that Horwendil is really interested in making Gerutha happy with their marriage? Why or why not?
10. How does Gerutha respond to her father's apology before he dies?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)