|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The story is a prequel to what other famous drama?
(a) A Christmas Carol.
(b) The Twelfth Night.
(c) Romeo and Juliet.
2. Why does Gerutha's back hurt during her wedding day?
(a) Because she hurt herself horseback riding.
(b) Beacuse she had to sleep on the floor the night before.
(c) Because she hurt herself dancing.
(d) Because her dress is very heavy and she is wearing many jewels.
3. How does Rorik attempt to change Gerutha's opinion of Horwendil?
(a) He explains to her that it is her duty to marry Horwendil.
(b) He reminds her that she can not have an opinion because she is a woman.
(c) He tells her a fairytale.
(d) He tells her the story of Ona and himself.
4. What is made clear about Horwendil's intentions with Gerutha?
(a) He intends to be honest and trustworthy with her.
(b) He is interested in being a loving husband.
(c) He intends to marry her to increase his own position and wealth.
(d) He intends to be a good husband and ruler.
5. Why don't Gerutha and Horwendil have more children?
(a) Horwendil does not want more children.
(b) Gerutha does not want more children.
(c) They can't afford to have more children.
(d) They try, but Gerutha is unable to get pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Gerutha´s mother, Ona, when Gertrude was three years old?
2. How old is Gerutha when the story begins?
3. What does Feng give Gerutha as a gift during her visit?
4. At what age does Feng return to Denmark?
5. What is made clear about Gerutha's opinion of Horwendil?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Gerutha respond to her father's apology before he dies?
2. Describe Feng's personality and character.
3. What does Geruthe need from Fengon to confirm that he really loves and understands her?
4. What does Gerutha find disturbing about falconry?
5. Describe some reasons why Claudius wants Hamlet to stay at Elsinore and not at Wittenberg.
6. What was Corambis's involvement with the king's murder?
7. Do you think that Horwendil is really interested in making Gerutha happy with their marriage? Why or why not?
8. Describe the conversation Gerutha has with Corambus about her son Amleth.
9. Describe the situation that causes Geruthe to desire Fengon.
10. Describe the difference between Fengon's idea of love and intimacy and how it is different than Geruthe's.
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)