|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Horwendil talk about on the trip after their wedding?
(a) He talks about how he will make a great king.
(b) He talks about who was and was not at their wedding.
(c) He talks about how beautiful Gerutha is.
(d) He talks about how fun the party was.
2. What is unfair about how Rorik treats Horwendil compared to how he treats Feng?
(a) Rorik pays Horwendil double the money of Feng, although the brothers completed the same service.
(b) Rorik allows Feng to visit Gerutha more than Horwendil.
(c) Rorik gives Horwendil a larger manor than Feng when the brothers come to visit.
(d) Rorik allows Feng to hunt with his horses during the their visit.
3. What word best describes Feng´s feelings toward his bother Horwendil?
4. Who is Feng's Falconer?
5. What characteristic about Horwendil is enticing to Gerutha?
(a) He writes poetry and is very intelligent.
(b) He is romantic and desires her attention.
(c) He is athletic and strong.
(d) He constantly dismisses her attempts to rouse him.
Short Answer Questions
1. The story begins in what country?
2. Which statement is true about Gerutha?
3. Why are there Christian priests in Jutland?
4. Why does Gerutha move back to Elsinore?
5. How old is Gerutha on her wedding day?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what ways does Gerutha find Feng more interesting and desirable than Horwendil?
2. Describe Gerutha on her wedding night.
3. Describe why Feng feels he must leave Denmark.
4. Where do the names come from in the story?
5. Describe Rorik's physical appearance as he is introduced in the story.
6. How does Gerutha think that Feng and herself are in similar situations?
7. How does Gerutha respond to her father's apology before he dies?
8. What does Gerutha find disturbing about falconry?
9. What is similar between Bathsheba, the falcon whose eyes are sealed, and the characters of Gerutha and Feng?
10. Describe how Gerutha, Horwendil, Amblet, and Feng's names change in parts 2 and 3 of the story.
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)