|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rorik believe about love?
(a) That love is not necessary in a marriage.
(b) That love comes naturally between a man and a woman.
(c) That love must be earned by good deeds.
(d) That love is a silly idea for weak men.
2. Who is Gerutha´s handmaiden?
(b) Corambus' sister.
3. Which statement is true about Gerutha?
(a) She is in love with Horwendil.
(b) She is from France.
(c) She is the only child of King Rorick.
(d) She lives with her mother.
4. Who is Sandro?
(a) Ophelia's lover.
(b) Ona's brother.
(c) Feng's squire.
(d) Horwendil's childhood friend.
5. The story is a prequel to what other famous drama?
(b) A Christmas Carol.
(c) The Twelfth Night.
(d) Romeo and Juliet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is a name in Part 1?
2. What is made clear about Gerutha's opinion of Horwendil?
3. What happens to Horwendil as he becomes a more accomplished king?
4. Which character reflects on a difficulty in loving Hamlet?
5. Which character benefits the least by the marriage of Gerutha and Horwendil?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Feng's personality and character.
2. What does Gerutha think of married women?
3. Describe Gerutha's prediction of Horwendil as a husband.
4. What is similar between Bathsheba, the falcon whose eyes are sealed, and the characters of Gerutha and Feng?
5. How does Horwendil and Gerutha's wedding night prove that Horwendil is not truly interested in Gerutha?
6. What is disappointing about the name Amleth for Gerutha?
7. Describe the springtime for Gerutha; what things are changing in her life?
8. Describe Gerutha's physical appearance as a young woman when she is first introduced in the story.
9. Describe Horwendil's personality.
10. How does Gerutha think that Feng and herself are in similar situations?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)