|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is the most emotionally distant?
2. Who is Horwendil's squire?
(b) Corambus' son.
3. What characteristic about Horwendil is enticing to Gerutha?
(a) He writes poetry and is very intelligent.
(b) He is athletic and strong.
(c) He is romantic and desires her attention.
(d) He constantly dismisses her attempts to rouse him.
4. Who was missing from Gerutha and Horwendil's wedding that upsets Horwendil?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His mother.
(c) Gerutha's father, Rorik.
(d) His brother, Feng.
5. What is unfair about how Rorik treats Horwendil compared to how he treats Feng?
(a) Rorik allows Feng to hunt with his horses during the their visit.
(b) Rorik allows Feng to visit Gerutha more than Horwendil.
(c) Rorik pays Horwendil double the money of Feng, although the brothers completed the same service.
(d) Rorik gives Horwendil a larger manor than Feng when the brothers come to visit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which statement best describes Gerutha's response to the songbirds?
2. Which of the following is a name in Part 3?
3. How old is Gerutha on her wedding day?
4. Who is Ona related to?
5. What words best describe Gerutha as a wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Horwendil and Gerutha fight over Amleth leaving for school?
2. Describe how the songbirds, a gift from Horwendil, demonstrate the difference between the personalities of Horwendil and Gerutha.
3. How does King Rorik try to convince his daughter that she will come to love Horwendil?
4. Describe how Gerutha, Horwendil, Amblet, and Feng's names change in parts 2 and 3 of the story.
5. Describe Gerutha's physical appearance as a young woman when she is first introduced in the story.
6. Describe why Feng feels he must leave Denmark.
7. What does Gerutha find disturbing about falconry?
8. Name three supporting characters and describe their association with one of the main characters.
9. Do you think that Horwendil is really interested in making Gerutha happy with their marriage? Why or why not?
10. Describe Gerutha on her wedding night.
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)