|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the importance of displaying the bloody bed sheet?
(a) It proves that Gerutha was not a virgin.
(b) It proves that any son born by Gerutha is from Horwendil.
(c) It means that Gerutha is sick.
(d) It means that Horwendil is having an affair.
2. Who does Gerutha confide in when she becomes worried about Amleth's moodiness?
(c) Her chambermaid.
(d) Her father.
3. What is unfair about how Rorik treats Horwendil compared to how he treats Feng?
(a) Rorik pays Horwendil double the money of Feng, although the brothers completed the same service.
(b) Rorik allows Feng to hunt with his horses during the their visit.
(c) Rorik allows Feng to visit Gerutha more than Horwendil.
(d) Rorik gives Horwendil a larger manor than Feng when the brothers come to visit.
4. What does Gerutha think about Horwendil?
(a) That he abuses his bother Feng.
(b) That he uses people for his own selfish ambitions.
(c) That he fights just to prove his bravery.
(d) That he manipulates her father.
5. Which of the following is a name in Part 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gerutha fear about being attracted to a man?
2. What does Rorik believe about love?
3. Which is evidence that Horwendil does not really love Gerutha?
4. What words best describe Amleth as a baby and child?
5. What other event occurs on the same day Gerutha gives birth?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Ophelia and why she is considered beautiful.
2. What does Gerutha find disturbing about falconry?
3. Describe Gerutha's prediction of Horwendil as a husband.
4. Describe King Rorik's view of love and marriage.
5. Describe Rorik's physical appearance as he is introduced in the story.
6. Describe why Feng feels he must leave Denmark.
7. Describe Feng's personality and character.
8. Describe how the songbirds, a gift from Horwendil, demonstrate the difference between the personalities of Horwendil and Gerutha.
9. What is similar between Bathsheba, the falcon whose eyes are sealed, and the characters of Gerutha and Feng?
10. Describe how the conversation during the sleigh ride displays the difference in the personality between Horwendil and Gerutha.
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)