|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was missing from Gerutha and Horwendil's wedding that upsets Horwendil?
(a) His mother.
(b) His brother, Feng.
(c) His uncle.
(d) Gerutha's father, Rorik.
2. Who is Laertes?
(a) Gerutha's brother.
(b) Ophelia's brother.
(c) Hamlet's father.
(d) Ona's father.
3. Where do the names in Part 2 of the story come from?
(a) From an adaptation that was printed in 1576.
(b) From John Updike's presumptions about the origin of names.
(c) From Shakespeare.
(d) From a different publisher's edition in 1890.
4. When Rorik asks Gerutha about the state of her marriage, how does she respond?
(a) She tells Rorik that her marriage is in excellent shape.
(b) She tells Rorik that it is a terrible marriage and it is his fault.
(c) She tells Rorick that she has never been happier.
(d) She tells Rorick that it is a profitable business.
5. Why are there Christian priests in Jutland?
(a) Because they were persecuted in their home country.
(b) Because of political reasons.
(c) Because they were allowed in for conversation by the previous king.
(d) Because they sent successful missionaries twenty years before.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Gerutha and Horwendil go immediately after their wedding?
2. In what season do Gerutha and Horwendil get married?
3. What advise does Corambus give Gerutha to make her think less about her marriage?
4. Why does Gerutha's back hurt during her wedding day?
5. What is the important event that occurs in the springtime for Gerutha.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe two reasons why Horvendil wants Hamblet to return from his studies at Wittenberg.
2. Describe the plan to kill Horvendil.
3. Describe some reasons why Claudius wants Hamlet to stay at Elsinore and not at Wittenberg.
4. Describe how Geruthe asks for the help of Corambis in order to secretly meet with Fengon.
5. Describe the situation that causes Geruthe to desire Fengon.
6. Describe how the songbirds, a gift from Horwendil, demonstrate the difference between the personalities of Horwendil and Gerutha.
7. In what ways does Gerutha find Feng more interesting and desirable than Horwendil?
8. Describe the springtime for Gerutha; what things are changing in her life?
9. Describe the name changes that take place upon Claudius's coronation.
10. What has changed in Fengon after he leaves the audience chamber with Horvendil?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)