|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is a name in Part 3?
2. At what age does Feng return to Denmark?
3. How old is Gerutha when the story begins?
4. What did Gerutha want to name her son?
(b) Horwendil, after her husband.
(c) Rorik, after her father.
5. What word best describes Feng´s feelings toward his bother Horwendil?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is evidence that Horwendil does not really love Gerutha?
2. Why is Corambus resentful of Horwendil?
3. What phrase best describes Feng's emotions after seeing Gerutha?
4. What words best describe Amleth as a baby and child?
5. What does Horwendil talk about on the trip after their wedding?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Polonius was insulting to Gertrude in their conversation as they cross paths in the castle.
2. Where do the names come from in the story?
3. What does Gerutha find disturbing about falconry?
4. Describe how Gerutha, Horwendil, Amblet, and Feng's names change in parts 2 and 3 of the story.
5. Describe why the first secret meeting with Fengon and Geruthe at the lodge is an awkward event for both characters.
6. Describe how Horvendil behaves in the audience chamber when he speaks to Fengon.
7. Describe how Fengon feels about his brother while he is in the audience chamber.
8. Describe why Geruthe suddenly wants to be rid of Corambis.
9. As Claudius exits the audience chamber, what does he see in his future?
10. Do you think that Horwendil is really interested in making Gerutha happy with their marriage? Why or why not?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)