|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what season do Gerutha and Horwendil get married?
2. Why is the importance of displaying the bloody bed sheet?
(a) It proves that any son born by Gerutha is from Horwendil.
(b) It proves that Gerutha was not a virgin.
(c) It means that Horwendil is having an affair.
(d) It means that Gerutha is sick.
3. Which character benefits the least by the marriage of Gerutha and Horwendil?
4. What is made clear about Gerutha's opinion of Horwendil?
(a) That she thinks he will be a good husband.
(b) That she thinks he is ugly and undesirable.
(c) That she thinks he is selfish brute.
(d) The she thinks he has the ability to be romantic.
5. What word best describes Feng´s feelings toward his bother Horwendil?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Magrit married to?
2. Who is Sandro?
3. Who is Gerutha´s handmaiden?
4. What does Feng give Gerutha as a gift during her visit?
5. Which statement best describes Gerutha's attitude about marrying Horwendil?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Amleth as a baby and a boy.
2. Describe King Rorik's view of love and marriage.
3. Do you think that Horwendil is really interested in making Gerutha happy with their marriage? Why or why not?
4. What does Gerutha think of married women?
5. Describe Gerutha's physical appearance as a young woman when she is first introduced in the story.
6. What is disappointing about the name Amleth for Gerutha?
7. Describe how Gerutha, Horwendil, Amblet, and Feng's names change in parts 2 and 3 of the story.
8. Describe Gerutha on her wedding night.
9. Where do the names come from in the story?
10. Why do Horwendil and Gerutha fight over Amleth leaving for school?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)