|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What other event occurs on the same day Gerutha gives birth?
(a) Rorik dies.
(b) Horwendil leaves Gerutha for another woman.
(c) Horwendil defeats and kills Fortinbras of Norway.
(d) Horwendil becomes king.
2. What words best describe Gerutha as a wife?
(a) Sad, quiet, and sulky.
(b) Angry, thorny, and disrespectful.
(c) Happy, bubbly, and talkative.
(d) Good, compliant, and gracious.
3. What does Gerutha do to pass the sleigh trip after the wedding?
(a) She makes thorny comments at Horwendil.
(b) She goes to sleep.
(c) She talks sweetly to Horwendil.
(d) She practices sitting pretty.
4. What is Gerutha's explanation for spending so much time with Feng?
(a) That she helps Feng to study German.
(b) That she simply is concerned for his health.
(c) That she is Feng's only company, since Horwendil is often busy.
(d) That she feels badly for him since he often sulks in loneliness.
5. In the springtime after Gerutha and Horwendil's wedding, what is happening to Rorik?
(a) He is attacking the neighboring countries.
(b) He is moving to live with Gerutha and Horwendil.
(c) He is becoming more sick and is dying.
(d) He is handing the crown over to Horwendil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is made clear about Gerutha's opinion of Horwendil?
2. How do Gerutha and Feng usually pass their time together?
3. How does Rorik respond to his daughter´s strong opinion of marriage?
4. Which of the following is NOT a name in Part 2?
5. Where do the names in Part 3 of the story come from?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Gerutha respond to her father's apology before he dies?
2. Describe Ophelia and why she is considered beautiful.
3. Describe the conversation Gerutha has with Corambus about her son Amleth.
4. Describe two reasons why Horvendil wants Hamblet to return from his studies at Wittenberg.
5. Describe how Gerutha, Horwendil, Amblet, and Feng's names change in parts 2 and 3 of the story.
6. Describe Ophelia's ideas about Hamlet and his personality.
7. Describe Amleth as a baby and a boy.
8. As Claudius exits the audience chamber, what does he see in his future?
9. Describe how Fengon feels about his brother while he is in the audience chamber.
10. Describe how Polonius was insulting to Gertrude in their conversation as they cross paths in the castle.
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)