|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Corambus say about Amleth's moodiness?
(a) That Amleth is very weak and so he is moody.
(b) That Amleth is an angry boy and he show it as moodiness.
(c) That perhaps they are just roles he is trying on for size.
(d) That perhaps he is unbalanced or addled in the brain.
2. What is unfair about how Rorik treats Horwendil compared to how he treats Feng?
(a) Rorik allows Feng to visit Gerutha more than Horwendil.
(b) Rorik allows Feng to hunt with his horses during the their visit.
(c) Rorik pays Horwendil double the money of Feng, although the brothers completed the same service.
(d) Rorik gives Horwendil a larger manor than Feng when the brothers come to visit.
3. What word best describes Feng´s feelings toward his bother Horwendil?
4. What does Gerutha do to pass the sleigh trip after the wedding?
(a) She talks sweetly to Horwendil.
(b) She goes to sleep.
(c) She makes thorny comments at Horwendil.
(d) She practices sitting pretty.
5. What doesn't Gerutha enjoy about her visit to Feng's estate?
(a) She doesn't like the conversations with Feng.
(b) She doesn't like the idea of falconry.
(c) She doesn't like the food.
(d) She doesn't like riding with Feng.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rorik believe that Horwendil is a good match for his daughter?
2. What does Gerutha fear about being attracted to a man?
3. Which word best describes Horwendil's behavior with the songbirds that he has given Gerutha?
4. What does Gerutha think about Horwendil?
5. What is made clear about Horwendil's intentions with Gerutha?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Corambis's involvement with the king's murder?
2. What does Gerutha see as different about her father when he gives her his blessing?
3. What does Horvendil infer about how his son spends his nights at the university compared to what Geruthe infers?
4. How does Horwendil and Gerutha's wedding night prove that Horwendil is not truly interested in Gerutha?
5. Describe Ophelia and why she is considered beautiful.
6. Describe the difference between Fengon's idea of love and intimacy and how it is different than Geruthe's.
7. As Claudius exits the audience chamber, what does he see in his future?
8. Describe Gerutha's physical appearance as a young woman when she is first introduced in the story.
9. How does King Rorik try to convince his daughter that she will come to love Horwendil?
10. Describe Geruthe's feelings immediately after she is kissed by Fengon in the royal palace.
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)