|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The story is a prequel to what other famous drama?
(a) The Twelfth Night.
(b) Romeo and Juliet.
(d) A Christmas Carol.
2. Why is the importance of displaying the bloody bed sheet?
(a) It proves that any son born by Gerutha is from Horwendil.
(b) It means that Horwendil is having an affair.
(c) It proves that Gerutha was not a virgin.
(d) It means that Gerutha is sick.
3. What is unfair about how Rorik treats Horwendil compared to how he treats Feng?
(a) Rorik allows Feng to visit Gerutha more than Horwendil.
(b) Rorik allows Feng to hunt with his horses during the their visit.
(c) Rorik gives Horwendil a larger manor than Feng when the brothers come to visit.
(d) Rorik pays Horwendil double the money of Feng, although the brothers completed the same service.
4. What does Feng give Gerutha as a gift during her visit?
(a) A falcon.
(b) A love letter.
(c) A locket.
(d) A horse.
5. The story begins in what country?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city does the Hamlet story have a history of being printed?
2. What doesn't Gerutha enjoy about her visit to Feng's estate?
3. Who is Laertes?
4. What words best describe Gerutha as a wife?
5. In the springtime after Gerutha and Horwendil's wedding, what is happening to Rorik?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Gerutha's physical appearance as a young woman when she is first introduced in the story.
2. Describe Amleth as a baby and a boy.
3. Name three supporting characters and describe their association with one of the main characters.
4. Describe your view of the history between King Rorik and Ona.
5. Describe Rorik's physical appearance as he is introduced in the story.
6. What does Gerutha find disturbing about falconry?
7. Describe why Feng feels he must leave Denmark.
8. What is similar between Bathsheba, the falcon whose eyes are sealed, and the characters of Gerutha and Feng?
9. Why do Horwendil and Gerutha fight over Amleth leaving for school?
10. Describe Gerutha's prediction of Horwendil as a husband.
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)