|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Horvendil's primary concern about his brother Fengon?
(a) That Fengon covets the throne.
(b) That Fengon is in love with his wife.
(c) That Fengon will kill Hamblet.
(d) That Fengon is of bad health.
2. How long has the affair between Geruthe and Fengon taken place when the king finally finds out?
(a) Some years.
(b) Some months.
(c) A week.
(d) A few days.
3. What does Geruthe want from Fengon?
(a) She wants his undying love.
(b) She wants tangible things including presents.
(c) She wants his fame and fortune.
(d) She wants him to leave Denmark.
4. How long has King Hamlet been dead when Claudius is made king?
(a) Two years.
(b) Two days.
(c) Two months.
(d) Two weeks.
5. How does Horvendil describe Fengon in the audience chamber?
(a) Strong and independent.
(b) Sulky and inferior.
(c) Dark and murderous.
(d) Stupid and slow.
6. What does Geruthe do immediately after she is kissed by Fengon in the royal palace?
(a) She laughs with happiness.
(b) She kisses Fengon again.
(c) She tells Fengon that she loves him.
(d) She pulls away from Fengon.
7. What word does Fengon use to describe love?
8. What is the first present that Fengon gives Geruthe when they meet for the second time?
(a) A beautiful doll.
(b) A new horse.
(c) A cloisonny pendant.
(d) A silk scarf.
9. Why does Fengon come to see Geruthe at the lodge?
(a) He wants to persue his romance with Geruthe.
(b) He intends to break the romance with Geruthe.
(c) He intends to murder Geruthe.
(d) He wants to conspire to take the throne.
10. Why does Geruthe respond the way she does to Fengon's kiss?
(a) She is scared that Fengon will not love her back.
(b) She is not attracted to Fengon.
(c) She wants more from Fengon.
(d) She is worried about the sin she is committing.
11. How does Horvendil describe Geruthe's attention in the past months?
12. What does Geruthe think of Fengon's idea of love?
(a) She thinks it is perfect.
(b) She thinks it is sweet.
(c) She thinks it is ridiculous.
(d) She thinks it is unattenable.
13. What does Gertrude think she should have done immediately after King Hamlet's death?
(a) Killed Claudius.
(b) Killed Polonius.
(c) Ran away from Denmark.
(d) Asserted her son's right to the throne.
14. Why does Fengon race to Lokisheim and then return to Elsinore?
(a) He must hide evidence from the king.
(b) He needs to retrieve a poison to kill the king.
(c) He must tell his servents to hide his posessions.
(d) He must retrieve weapons.
15. Which statement is NOT a reason for Hamlet to stay at Elsinore?
(a) Continue his courtship with Ophelia.
(b) Keep him from raising an army against Claudius.
(c) Befriend Claudius.
(d) Help his mother recover from the king's death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Hamblet studied at the university?
2. How does Gertrude feel about King Hamlet's death?
3. Who does Geruthe suggest as a good wife for Hamblet?
4. When Fengon is summoned to the audience chamber, what topic does the king first speak of?
5. What does Geruthe ask of Corambis?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)