|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Horvendil describe Geruthe's attention in the past months?
2. What is Horvendil thinking of doing with Corambus?
(a) Retire him, so he is far from the throne.
(b) Promote him and his family.
(c) Run him out of the country.
(d) Kill him.
3. What is the first present that Fengon gives Geruthe when they meet for the second time?
(a) A beautiful doll.
(b) A silk scarf.
(c) A cloisonny pendant.
(d) A new horse.
4. What has Hamblet studied at the university?
(b) Scientific method.
5. What word best describes how Geruthe feels when she is with Fengon?
6. How does Gertrude feel about King Hamlet's death?
7. What language inspires Fengon's choice of name?
8. Where does Geruthe pass her time waiting in the lakeside lodge?
(a) At the window looking for signs of travelers.
(b) In the bedroom of the tower.
(c) Outside on the lake.
(d) In the kitchen cooking in preparation.
9. How would Claudius describe Hamlet?
(a) Bright and engaged.
(b) Intelligent but frail.
(c) Sneeky and evil.
(d) Strong but foolish.
10. Why does Geruthe respond the way she does to Fengon's kiss?
(a) She is not attracted to Fengon.
(b) She is scared that Fengon will not love her back.
(c) She is worried about the sin she is committing.
(d) She wants more from Fengon.
11. Who does Geruthe suggest as a good wife for Hamblet?
(a) A daughter of a royal cousin.
(c) Fengon's daughter.
(d) A foreign princess.
12. Why is Ophelia summoned to see Gertrude?
(a) To see if she is beautiful.
(b) To see how far her relationship with Hamlet has gone in the past.
(c) To see if she is interested in studying with Hamlet.
(d) To see if she is witty enough for Hamlet.
13. What name has Corambis taken upon Fengon's coronation?
14. When does Horvendil summon Fengon to inform him that the affair with Geruthe is common knowledge?
(a) The end of October.
(b) Christmas time.
(c) The beginning of spring.
(d) The end of August.
15. What does Fengon do that starts his meeting with Geruthe badly?
(a) He tells Geruthe that she could look better.
(b) He falls on the steps and injures his knee.
(c) He enters the lodge in a very rough and awkward manner.
(d) He gives Geruthe a rose.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Fengon is summoned to the audience chamber, what topic does the king first speak of?
2. What did Geruthe realize about the falcon once it was too late?
3. Who has betrayed Fengon to the king?
4. What is Geruthe's first response to hearing Fengon describe his vow?
5. What does Horvendil think of Geruthe's actions in the affair?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)