|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has the affair between Geruthe and Fengon taken place when the king finally finds out?
(a) A few days.
(b) A week.
(c) Some years.
(d) Some months.
2. Why does Geruthe respond the way she does to Fengon's kiss?
(a) She is not attracted to Fengon.
(b) She is worried about the sin she is committing.
(c) She is scared that Fengon will not love her back.
(d) She wants more from Fengon.
3. Why is Claudius angry with the young Hamlet after King Hamlet dies?
(a) Because Hamlet thinks he should be king.
(b) Because Hamlet will not return to Denmark.
(c) Because Hamlet was late and left quickly from his father's funeral.
(d) Because Hamlet will not come to see Gertrude.
4. After Fengon returns from Lokisheim, where does he immediately go to in the castle?
(a) The audience chamber.
(b) The orchard.
(c) To see Geruthe.
(d) To plead with Horvendil.
5. What does Horvendil intend to do with Fengon?
(a) Seize his assests and banish him.
(b) Make him the court jester.
(c) Execute him.
(d) Torture him.
6. Which statement is NOT a reason for Hamlet to stay at Elsinore?
(a) Help his mother recover from the king's death.
(b) Keep him from raising an army against Claudius.
(c) Continue his courtship with Ophelia.
(d) Befriend Claudius.
7. What does Horvendil intend to do with Corambis?
(a) Execute him.
(b) Torture him.
(c) Promote him in court.
(d) Send him into exile.
8. Horvendil asks Fengon why he has always had such hatred. How does Fengon respond to this question?
(a) Fengon says it is not hate, but feels tht Horvendil is "strangely negligible."
(b) Fengon says he has hated him since childhood, because he has always been favored.
(c) Fengon replies with silence.
(d) Fengon replies by leaving the audience chamber.
9. Who kills Horvendil?
10. What does Gertrude think she should have done immediately after King Hamlet's death?
(a) Killed Claudius.
(b) Killed Polonius.
(c) Ran away from Denmark.
(d) Asserted her son's right to the throne.
11. What is Horvendil thinking of doing with Corambus?
(a) Run him out of the country.
(b) Promote him and his family.
(c) Retire him, so he is far from the throne.
(d) Kill him.
12. When does Horvendil summon Fengon to inform him that the affair with Geruthe is common knowledge?
(a) Christmas time.
(b) The beginning of spring.
(c) The end of August.
(d) The end of October.
13. What does Geruthe want from Fengon?
(a) She wants his fame and fortune.
(b) She wants his undying love.
(c) She wants him to leave Denmark.
(d) She wants tangible things including presents.
14. What has Hamblet studied at the university?
(c) Scientific method.
15. What word does Fengon use to describe love?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Geruthe think of Fengon's idea of love?
2. How does Ophelia describe Hamlet to Gertrude?
3. What is the first present that Fengon gives Geruthe when they meet for the second time?
4. What does Fengon do that starts his meeting with Geruthe badly?
5. Geruthe is now forty-seven years old. When was the last time Geruthe and Fengon have seen each other?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)