|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How would Claudius describe Hamlet?
(a) Bright and engaged.
(b) Strong but foolish.
(c) Intelligent but frail.
(d) Sneeky and evil.
2. How long has King Hamlet been dead when Claudius is made king?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Two days.
(c) Two months.
(d) Two years.
3. How is Horvendil killed?
(a) By strangulation.
(b) By a slit throat.
(c) By a great dual.
(d) By poison.
4. What did Geruthe realize about the falcon once it was too late?
(a) That she let the bird get sick.
(b) That the bird was not worth any money.
(c) That she did not value the falcon until it was gone.
(d) That the bird was violent.
5. What is Horvendil's primary concern about his brother Fengon?
(a) That Fengon will kill Hamblet.
(b) That Fengon covets the throne.
(c) That Fengon is in love with his wife.
(d) That Fengon is of bad health.
6. What doesn't Horvendil like about his son's chosen area of study?
(a) That it will make him a weak king.
(b) That it will make him a poor husband.
(c) That it is not congruent with the beliefs of the church.
(d) That it is not useful.
7. What does Horvendil think of Geruthe's actions in the affair?
(a) He believes that she was an evil woman all along.
(b) He believes she was lead into sin by Fengon.
(c) He believes that she planned it all herself and should be punished accordingly.
(d) He believes she should be severely punished.
8. Why is Claudius angry with the young Hamlet after King Hamlet dies?
(a) Because Hamlet thinks he should be king.
(b) Because Hamlet was late and left quickly from his father's funeral.
(c) Because Hamlet will not come to see Gertrude.
(d) Because Hamlet will not return to Denmark.
9. Geruthe is now forty-seven years old. When was the last time Geruthe and Fengon have seen each other?
(a) Twelve years ago.
(b) Last week.
(c) One year ago.
(d) Last night.
10. When does Horvendil summon Fengon to inform him that the affair with Geruthe is common knowledge?
(a) The end of October.
(b) The beginning of spring.
(c) Christmas time.
(d) The end of August.
11. How would Gertrude describe Hamlet?
(a) Rude and unkind.
(b) Skeptical and unsatisfied.
(c) Educated and sophisticated.
(d) Stately and strong.
12. What does Geruthe do immediately after she is kissed by Fengon in the royal palace?
(a) She kisses Fengon again.
(b) She pulls away from Fengon.
(c) She laughs with happiness.
(d) She tells Fengon that she loves him.
13. What does Geruthe tell Corambis that the favor is for?
(a) To meet in secret with Fengon.
(b) To put Hamblet on the throne.
(c) To give her space to relax.
(d) To learn Christianity better.
14. What is Horvendil thinking of doing with Corambus?
(a) Run him out of the country.
(b) Retire him, so he is far from the throne.
(c) Promote him and his family.
(d) Kill him.
15. What name has Corambis taken upon Fengon's coronation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Hamblet studied at the university?
2. In Horvendil's words, what is the cause of people suffering?
3. What does Horvendil intend to do with Fengon?
4. What does Gertrude think she should have done immediately after King Hamlet's death?
5. Why does Corambis tell Fengon the king's afternoon plans?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)