|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Geruthe suggest to Fengon as a solution to their affections for each other?
(a) She suggests that they never speak of this again.
(b) She suggests that they speak to Horvendil.
(c) She suggests that Fengon should leave Denmark.
(d) She suggests they meet outside of the castle.
2. Why is Ophelia summoned to see Gertrude?
(a) To see how far her relationship with Hamlet has gone in the past.
(b) To see if she is beautiful.
(c) To see if she is interested in studying with Hamlet.
(d) To see if she is witty enough for Hamlet.
3. What does Geruthe want from Fengon?
(a) She wants his fame and fortune.
(b) She wants his undying love.
(c) She wants tangible things including presents.
(d) She wants him to leave Denmark.
4. How old is Ophelia when she is summoned to Gertrude's chambers?
(a) Fifteen years old.
(b) Twenty-nine years old.
(c) Eighteen years old.
(d) Twenty years old.
5. What word does Fengon use to describe love?
6. What has Fengon made a vow of renunciation for?
(a) He had renounced his love for Geruthe.
(b) He had renounced his country.
(c) He had renounced his loyality to his brother.
(d) He had renounced the sight, sound, and scent of Geruthe.
7. What does Gertrude want Hamlet to do?
(a) Escape from Denmark.
(b) Stay at Elsinore.
(c) Marry an English girl.
(d) Study at Wittenberg.
8. How does Ophelia describe Hamlet's disposition to women?
(a) Hamlet loves all women.
(b) Hamlet despises women in general.
(c) Hamlet warms to the idea of love very slowly.
(d) Hamlet trusts women too much.
9. What name has Corambis taken upon Fengon's coronation?
10. What does Geruthe think of Fengon's idea of love?
(a) She thinks it is sweet.
(b) She thinks it is perfect.
(c) She thinks it is ridiculous.
(d) She thinks it is unattenable.
11. Why does Fengon come to see Geruthe at the lodge?
(a) He intends to murder Geruthe.
(b) He intends to break the romance with Geruthe.
(c) He wants to conspire to take the throne.
(d) He wants to persue his romance with Geruthe.
12. What story does Fengon tell Geruthe in their first secret meeting?
(a) He tells her a story about love and war.
(b) He tells her a story about his mother.
(c) he tells her a story about his brother Horvendil.
(d) He tells her a story about Byzantium.
13. Who kills Horvendil?
14. What is Horvendil thinking of doing with Corambus?
(a) Promote him and his family.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Retire him, so he is far from the throne.
(d) Run him out of the country.
15. What word best describes how Geruthe feels when she is with Fengon?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Geruthe's real intentions with Corambis' favor?
2. Why does Corambis agree to giving Geruthe what she asks for?
3. How long has King Hamlet been dead when Claudius is made king?
4. How does Horvendil describe Geruthe's attention in the past months?
5. What is Geruthe's intention with Fengon the third time she meets with him?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)