|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Fengon use to describe love?
2. Why does Geruthe summon Corambis on a day that the king is out?
(a) Because she thinks Corambis would tell the king if he were in the castle.
(b) Because she thinks that the king would interfer in their conversation.
(c) Because she is afraid Corambis will not see her if the king is near.
(d) Because she is afraid that the king would be curious about their conversation.
3. How would Gertrude describe Hamlet?
(a) Skeptical and unsatisfied.
(b) Stately and strong.
(c) Rude and unkind.
(d) Educated and sophisticated.
4. What is the first present that Fengon gives Geruthe when they meet for the second time?
(a) A silk scarf.
(b) A new horse.
(c) A beautiful doll.
(d) A cloisonny pendant.
5. How old is Ophelia when she is summoned to Gertrude's chambers?
(a) Eighteen years old.
(b) Twenty-nine years old.
(c) Twenty years old.
(d) Fifteen years old.
6. What is Geruthe's first response to hearing Fengon describe his vow?
(a) She tells Fengon of her love for him.
(b) She tries to make jest of it.
(c) She leaves the room for air.
(d) She tells Fengon that she could never love him.
7. What doesn't Horvendil like about his son's chosen area of study?
(a) That it is not congruent with the beliefs of the church.
(b) That it will make him a weak king.
(c) That it will make him a poor husband.
(d) That it is not useful.
8. Which statement is NOT a reason for Hamlet to stay at Elsinore?
(a) Continue his courtship with Ophelia.
(b) Befriend Claudius.
(c) Help his mother recover from the king's death.
(d) Keep him from raising an army against Claudius.
9. What does Geruthe do immediately after she is kissed by Fengon in the royal palace?
(a) She pulls away from Fengon.
(b) She tells Fengon that she loves him.
(c) She kisses Fengon again.
(d) She laughs with happiness.
10. When do Gertrude and Claudius marry?
(a) One month after King Hamlet's death.
(b) Five days after King Hamlet's death.
(c) One year after King Hamlet's death.
(d) Five weeks after King Hamlet's death.
11. Why does Horvendil disapprove of Geruthe´s suggestion for their son's future wife?
(a) Horvendil thinks she is shy and dull.
(b) Horvendil thinks she is selfish and vain.
(c) Horvendil thinks she is dramatic and unstable.
(d) Horvendil thinks she is too outspoken.
12. What language inspires Fengon's choice of name?
13. How does Geruthe describe her idea of love?
14. How long has King Hamlet been dead when Claudius is made king?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Two months.
(c) Two years.
(d) Two days.
15. What is Horvendil thinking of doing with Corambus?
(a) Run him out of the country.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Retire him, so he is far from the throne.
(d) Promote him and his family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has betrayed Fengon to the king?
2. What does Geruthe suggest to Fengon as a solution to their affections for each other?
3. Why is Ophelia summoned to see Gertrude?
4. What has Fengon made a vow of renunciation for?
5. How long has the affair between Geruthe and Fengon taken place when the king finally finds out?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)