|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the sin that Fengon believes Geruthe and himself have committed in their affair?
(a) That they have been unloyal.
(b) That they have been dishonest.
(c) Breaking Geruthe's marriage vows.
(d) Breaking the laws of love and nature.
2. Which statement is NOT a reason for Hamlet to stay at Elsinore?
(a) Keep him from raising an army against Claudius.
(b) Continue his courtship with Ophelia.
(c) Befriend Claudius.
(d) Help his mother recover from the king's death.
3. In Horvendil's words, what is the cause of people suffering?
(a) People forced into bad situations.
(b) Disrupting the flow of goodness from God to king to the people.
(c) People making bad decisions.
(d) People made victim of a bad king.
4. What doesn't Horvendil like about his son's chosen area of study?
(a) That it will make him a poor husband.
(b) That it is not congruent with the beliefs of the church.
(c) That it is not useful.
(d) That it will make him a weak king.
5. How long has the affair between Geruthe and Fengon taken place when the king finally finds out?
(a) Some months.
(b) A week.
(c) A few days.
(d) Some years.
6. Who has betrayed Fengon to the king?
7. What does Horvendil intend to do with Corambis?
(a) Torture him.
(b) Send him into exile.
(c) Execute him.
(d) Promote him in court.
8. Who does Geruthe suggest as a good wife for Hamblet?
(b) A foreign princess.
(c) A daughter of a royal cousin.
(d) Fengon's daughter.
9. How would Gertrude describe Hamlet?
(a) Stately and strong.
(b) Skeptical and unsatisfied.
(c) Educated and sophisticated.
(d) Rude and unkind.
10. What does Geruthe ask of Corambis?
(a) For the use of his country house.
(b) For advice on Ophelia.
(c) For advice on conspiring against the king.
(d) For the use of his horse and carriage.
11. What does Fengon do that starts his meeting with Geruthe badly?
(a) He tells Geruthe that she could look better.
(b) He enters the lodge in a very rough and awkward manner.
(c) He falls on the steps and injures his knee.
(d) He gives Geruthe a rose.
12. What name has Corambis taken upon Fengon's coronation?
13. What does Gertrude think she should have done immediately after King Hamlet's death?
(a) Ran away from Denmark.
(b) Killed Claudius.
(c) Killed Polonius.
(d) Asserted her son's right to the throne.
14. How does Gertrude feel about King Hamlet's death?
15. When does Horvendil summon Fengon to inform him that the affair with Geruthe is common knowledge?
(a) Christmas time.
(b) The end of August.
(c) The beginning of spring.
(d) The end of October.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Geruthe's real intentions with Corambis' favor?
2. Why does Geruthe think that Corambus's daughter is a good match for Hamblet?
3. What does Geruthe think of Fengon's idea of love?
4. When do Gertrude and Claudius marry?
5. Why does Corambis tell Fengon the king's afternoon plans?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)