|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Gertrude's personal regret about her marriage and King Hamlet's death?
(a) That her husband didn't confide in her.
(b) That her husband never loved her.
(c) That her husband never saw her as the person she really was.
(d) That her husband didn't want more children.
2. What does Geruthe think of Fengon's idea of love?
(a) She thinks it is ridiculous.
(b) She thinks it is sweet.
(c) She thinks it is perfect.
(d) She thinks it is unattenable.
3. In Horvendil's words, what is the cause of people suffering?
(a) People made victim of a bad king.
(b) People forced into bad situations.
(c) Disrupting the flow of goodness from God to king to the people.
(d) People making bad decisions.
4. How does Ophelia describe Hamlet to Gertrude?
(a) He can be very slow to think and make decisions.
(b) He can be very short tempered and violent.
(c) He can be very sweet and romantic.
(d) He can be very moody and difficult to be around.
5. Where does Geruthe pass her time waiting in the lakeside lodge?
(a) At the window looking for signs of travelers.
(b) In the kitchen cooking in preparation.
(c) Outside on the lake.
(d) In the bedroom of the tower.
6. What name has Fengon taken upon coronation?
7. How would Claudius describe Hamlet?
(a) Sneeky and evil.
(b) Bright and engaged.
(c) Strong but foolish.
(d) Intelligent but frail.
8. How does Geruthe describe her idea of love?
9. Why does Horvendil disapprove of Geruthe´s suggestion for their son's future wife?
(a) Horvendil thinks she is shy and dull.
(b) Horvendil thinks she is too outspoken.
(c) Horvendil thinks she is dramatic and unstable.
(d) Horvendil thinks she is selfish and vain.
10. Why does Geruthe want to get rid of Corambis?
(a) Because he is conspiring against Fengon.
(b) Because the secret they share is starting to make Geruthe uncomfortable.
(c) Because he is going to tell the king Geruthe's secret.
(d) Because he owes the court a sum of money.
11. How does Horvendil describe Fengon in the audience chamber?
(a) Strong and independent.
(b) Stupid and slow.
(c) Dark and murderous.
(d) Sulky and inferior.
12. What does Geruthe ask of Corambis?
(a) For the use of his horse and carriage.
(b) For advice on conspiring against the king.
(c) For advice on Ophelia.
(d) For the use of his country house.
13. How long has King Hamlet been dead when Claudius is made king?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Two days.
(c) Two years.
(d) Two months.
14. What does Claudius want Hamlet to do?
(a) Study at Wittenberg.
(b) Stay at Elsinore.
(c) Leave Denmark.
(d) Be kind to his mother.
15. Who does Geruthe suggest as a good wife for Hamblet?
(a) A foreign princess.
(b) A daughter of a royal cousin.
(d) Fengon's daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Claudius angry with the young Hamlet after King Hamlet dies?
2. What did Geruthe realize about the falcon once it was too late?
3. When do Gertrude and Claudius marry?
4. What is the sin that Fengon believes Geruthe and himself have committed in their affair?
5. How does Fengon enter the lodge to meet Geruthe?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)