|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Ophelia when she is summoned to Gertrude's chambers?
(a) Eighteen years old.
(b) Twenty-nine years old.
(c) Twenty years old.
(d) Fifteen years old.
2. What are Geruthe's real intentions with Corambis' favor?
(a) To read books on Christianity.
(b) To see Hamblet.
(c) To meet with Fengon.
(d) To run away from Denmark.
3. What does Geruthe do immediately after she is kissed by Fengon in the royal palace?
(a) She kisses Fengon again.
(b) She pulls away from Fengon.
(c) She tells Fengon that she loves him.
(d) She laughs with happiness.
4. Who has betrayed Fengon to the king?
5. What did Geruthe realize about the falcon once it was too late?
(a) That she let the bird get sick.
(b) That the bird was violent.
(c) That the bird was not worth any money.
(d) That she did not value the falcon until it was gone.
6. What does Geruthe want from Fengon?
(a) She wants his fame and fortune.
(b) She wants his undying love.
(c) She wants him to leave Denmark.
(d) She wants tangible things including presents.
7. What does Geruthe admit to doing with the falcon?
(a) Geruthe admits that she set it free.
(b) Geruthe admits that she accidentally let it fly away.
(c) Geruthe admits that she sold it for money.
(d) Geruthe admits that she let it die.
8. What has Fengon made a vow of renunciation for?
(a) He had renounced his country.
(b) He had renounced his love for Geruthe.
(c) He had renounced the sight, sound, and scent of Geruthe.
(d) He had renounced his loyality to his brother.
9. Why does Fengon come to see Geruthe at the lodge?
(a) He wants to persue his romance with Geruthe.
(b) He intends to break the romance with Geruthe.
(c) He intends to murder Geruthe.
(d) He wants to conspire to take the throne.
10. Why is Claudius angry with the young Hamlet after King Hamlet dies?
(a) Because Hamlet will not return to Denmark.
(b) Because Hamlet will not come to see Gertrude.
(c) Because Hamlet thinks he should be king.
(d) Because Hamlet was late and left quickly from his father's funeral.
11. What is Geruthe's first response to hearing Fengon describe his vow?
(a) She tells Fengon that she could never love him.
(b) She tries to make jest of it.
(c) She tells Fengon of her love for him.
(d) She leaves the room for air.
12. What does Fengon do that starts his meeting with Geruthe badly?
(a) He falls on the steps and injures his knee.
(b) He tells Geruthe that she could look better.
(c) He enters the lodge in a very rough and awkward manner.
(d) He gives Geruthe a rose.
13. What does Gertrude think she should have done immediately after King Hamlet's death?
(a) Killed Polonius.
(b) Asserted her son's right to the throne.
(c) Killed Claudius.
(d) Ran away from Denmark.
14. Why does Geruthe summon Corambis on a day that the king is out?
(a) Because she is afraid Corambis will not see her if the king is near.
(b) Because she is afraid that the king would be curious about their conversation.
(c) Because she thinks that the king would interfer in their conversation.
(d) Because she thinks Corambis would tell the king if he were in the castle.
15. After Fengon returns from Lokisheim, where does he immediately go to in the castle?
(a) To plead with Horvendil.
(b) The audience chamber.
(c) To see Geruthe.
(d) The orchard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Fengon give Geruthe that changes her mind about having an affair?
2. What name has Fengon taken upon coronation?
3. What does Gertrude want Hamlet to do?
4. How does Gertrude feel about King Hamlet's death?
5. How would Gertrude describe Hamlet?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)