Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Geruthe ask of Corambis?
(a) For advice on conspiring against the king.
(b) For the use of his horse and carriage.
(c) For advice on Ophelia.
(d) For the use of his country house.
2. In Horvendil's words, what is the cause of people suffering?
(a) People forced into bad situations.
(b) People making bad decisions.
(c) Disrupting the flow of goodness from God to king to the people.
(d) People made victim of a bad king.
3. What story does Fengon tell Geruthe in their first secret meeting?
(a) he tells her a story about his brother Horvendil.
(b) He tells her a story about Byzantium.
(c) He tells her a story about his mother.
(d) He tells her a story about love and war.
4. What word best describes how Geruthe feels when she is with Fengon?
5. What language inspires Fengon's choice of name?
6. Why does Corambis agree to giving Geruthe what she asks for?
(a) Because Geruthe asked so nicely.
(b) Because he remembers the girl she was before she married Horvendil.
(c) Because Corambis is in love with Geruthe.
(d) Because he is aways loyal to the king.
7. What are Geruthe's real intentions with Corambis' favor?
(a) To read books on Christianity.
(b) To run away from Denmark.
(c) To meet with Fengon.
(d) To see Hamblet.
8. What name has Corambis taken upon Fengon's coronation?
9. How would Gertrude describe Hamlet?
(a) Skeptical and unsatisfied.
(b) Stately and strong.
(c) Rude and unkind.
(d) Educated and sophisticated.
10. How old is Ophelia when she is summoned to Gertrude's chambers?
(a) Fifteen years old.
(b) Twenty years old.
(c) Eighteen years old.
(d) Twenty-nine years old.
11. What does Horvendil intend to do with Fengon?
(a) Seize his assests and banish him.
(b) Execute him.
(c) Make him the court jester.
(d) Torture him.
12. What name has Fengon taken upon coronation?
13. What does Fengon do that starts his meeting with Geruthe badly?
(a) He tells Geruthe that she could look better.
(b) He gives Geruthe a rose.
(c) He falls on the steps and injures his knee.
(d) He enters the lodge in a very rough and awkward manner.
14. Who does Geruthe suggest as a good wife for Hamblet?
(a) A daughter of a royal cousin.
(b) A foreign princess.
(d) Fengon's daughter.
15. Who has betrayed Fengon to the king?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ophelia describe Hamlet to Gertrude?
2. Why does Geruthe respond the way she does to Fengon's kiss?
3. What is Geruthe's first response to hearing Fengon describe his vow?
4. What is Horvendil's primary concern about his brother Fengon?
5. How long has King Hamlet been dead when Claudius is made king?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)