|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What story does Fengon tell Geruthe in their first secret meeting?
(a) He tells her a story about love and war.
(b) He tells her a story about his mother.
(c) He tells her a story about Byzantium.
(d) he tells her a story about his brother Horvendil.
2. What does Geruthe admit to doing with the falcon?
(a) Geruthe admits that she accidentally let it fly away.
(b) Geruthe admits that she sold it for money.
(c) Geruthe admits that she let it die.
(d) Geruthe admits that she set it free.
3. Why does Geruthe respond the way she does to Fengon's kiss?
(a) She is not attracted to Fengon.
(b) She wants more from Fengon.
(c) She is scared that Fengon will not love her back.
(d) She is worried about the sin she is committing.
4. Why does Corambis tell Fengon the king's afternoon plans?
(a) So that Fengon can meet with Geruthe one last time.
(b) So that Fengon can plan a good time to kill Horvendil.
(c) So that Fengon can plan a chance to talk again with Horvendil.
(d) So that Fengon can help Corambis escape the castle.
5. What is the sin that Fengon believes Geruthe and himself have committed in their affair?
(a) Breaking the laws of love and nature.
(b) Breaking Geruthe's marriage vows.
(c) That they have been dishonest.
(d) That they have been unloyal.
6. Why does Corambis agree to giving Geruthe what she asks for?
(a) Because Geruthe asked so nicely.
(b) Because he remembers the girl she was before she married Horvendil.
(c) Because Corambis is in love with Geruthe.
(d) Because he is aways loyal to the king.
7. What does Gertrude want Hamlet to do?
(a) Marry an English girl.
(b) Escape from Denmark.
(c) Stay at Elsinore.
(d) Study at Wittenberg.
8. What is Gertrude's personal regret about her marriage and King Hamlet's death?
(a) That her husband never saw her as the person she really was.
(b) That her husband never loved her.
(c) That her husband didn't confide in her.
(d) That her husband didn't want more children.
9. What word does Fengon use to describe love?
10. What are Geruthe's real intentions with Corambis' favor?
(a) To run away from Denmark.
(b) To see Hamblet.
(c) To read books on Christianity.
(d) To meet with Fengon.
11. How would Claudius describe Hamlet?
(a) Strong but foolish.
(b) Bright and engaged.
(c) Sneeky and evil.
(d) Intelligent but frail.
12. What is Geruthe's intention with Fengon the third time she meets with him?
(a) She plans to tell him to leave Denmark.
(b) She plans to put a stop to their secret meetings.
(c) She plans to bring him to the king for treason.
(d) She plans to kiss him.
13. How long has the affair between Geruthe and Fengon taken place when the king finally finds out?
(a) Some years.
(b) Some months.
(c) A week.
(d) A few days.
14. What does Geruthe tell Corambis that the favor is for?
(a) To learn Christianity better.
(b) To give her space to relax.
(c) To meet in secret with Fengon.
(d) To put Hamblet on the throne.
15. How old is Ophelia when she is summoned to Gertrude's chambers?
(a) Twenty years old.
(b) Twenty-nine years old.
(c) Eighteen years old.
(d) Fifteen years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Geruthe realize about the falcon once it was too late?
2. How long has King Hamlet been dead when Claudius is made king?
3. What language inspires Fengon's choice of name?
4. What is Horvendil thinking of doing with Corambus?
5. What has Fengon made a vow of renunciation for?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)