|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Corambis agree to giving Geruthe what she asks for?
(a) Because Corambis is in love with Geruthe.
(b) Because he remembers the girl she was before she married Horvendil.
(c) Because Geruthe asked so nicely.
(d) Because he is aways loyal to the king.
2. What does Gertrude want Hamlet to do?
(a) Marry an English girl.
(b) Stay at Elsinore.
(c) Escape from Denmark.
(d) Study at Wittenberg.
3. Where does Geruthe pass her time waiting in the lakeside lodge?
(a) At the window looking for signs of travelers.
(b) In the bedroom of the tower.
(c) In the kitchen cooking in preparation.
(d) Outside on the lake.
4. In Horvendil's words, what is the cause of people suffering?
(a) People forced into bad situations.
(b) People making bad decisions.
(c) People made victim of a bad king.
(d) Disrupting the flow of goodness from God to king to the people.
5. What language inspires Fengon's choice of name?
6. What does Claudius want Hamlet to do?
(a) Study at Wittenberg.
(b) Leave Denmark.
(c) Stay at Elsinore.
(d) Be kind to his mother.
7. What does Fengon do that starts his meeting with Geruthe badly?
(a) He gives Geruthe a rose.
(b) He tells Geruthe that she could look better.
(c) He falls on the steps and injures his knee.
(d) He enters the lodge in a very rough and awkward manner.
8. What does Geruthe want from Fengon?
(a) She wants his fame and fortune.
(b) She wants him to leave Denmark.
(c) She wants his undying love.
(d) She wants tangible things including presents.
9. What did Geruthe realize about the falcon once it was too late?
(a) That she let the bird get sick.
(b) That she did not value the falcon until it was gone.
(c) That the bird was not worth any money.
(d) That the bird was violent.
10. What name has Fengon taken upon coronation?
11. What are Geruthe's real intentions with Corambis' favor?
(a) To see Hamblet.
(b) To read books on Christianity.
(c) To meet with Fengon.
(d) To run away from Denmark.
12. What is Horvendil thinking of doing with Corambus?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Promote him and his family.
(c) Run him out of the country.
(d) Retire him, so he is far from the throne.
13. What story does Fengon tell Geruthe in their first secret meeting?
(a) He tells her a story about love and war.
(b) he tells her a story about his brother Horvendil.
(c) He tells her a story about his mother.
(d) He tells her a story about Byzantium.
14. What does Horvendil intend to do with Fengon?
(a) Torture him.
(b) Seize his assests and banish him.
(c) Make him the court jester.
(d) Execute him.
15. Why does Geruthe think that Corambus's daughter is a good match for Hamblet?
(a) She is sporty and fun.
(b) She is strong and outspoken.
(c) She is delicate and shy.
(d) She is witty and interesting.
Short Answer Questions
1. When do Gertrude and Claudius marry?
2. Why does Fengon race to Lokisheim and then return to Elsinore?
3. What does Geruthe admit to doing with the falcon?
4. What is Geruthe's first response to hearing Fengon describe his vow?
5. Why does Geruthe respond the way she does to Fengon's kiss?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)