|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Geruthe ask of Corambis?
(a) For the use of his country house.
(b) For advice on conspiring against the king.
(c) For the use of his horse and carriage.
(d) For advice on Ophelia.
2. Where does Geruthe pass her time waiting in the lakeside lodge?
(a) Outside on the lake.
(b) In the bedroom of the tower.
(c) In the kitchen cooking in preparation.
(d) At the window looking for signs of travelers.
3. What does Geruthe admit to doing with the falcon?
(a) Geruthe admits that she accidentally let it fly away.
(b) Geruthe admits that she let it die.
(c) Geruthe admits that she sold it for money.
(d) Geruthe admits that she set it free.
4. Horvendil asks Fengon why he has always had such hatred. How does Fengon respond to this question?
(a) Fengon says it is not hate, but feels tht Horvendil is "strangely negligible."
(b) Fengon replies with silence.
(c) Fengon says he has hated him since childhood, because he has always been favored.
(d) Fengon replies by leaving the audience chamber.
5. Who does Geruthe suggest as a good wife for Hamblet?
(a) Fengon's daughter.
(b) A foreign princess.
(c) A daughter of a royal cousin.
6. What is one reason Horvendil wants his son, Hamblet, to return from school?
(a) To study kingship.
(b) To help his mother.
(c) To reform the church.
(d) To meet his brother.
7. What name has Fengon taken upon coronation?
8. In Horvendil's words, what is the cause of people suffering?
(a) People making bad decisions.
(b) Disrupting the flow of goodness from God to king to the people.
(c) People made victim of a bad king.
(d) People forced into bad situations.
9. What does Geruthe suggest to Fengon as a solution to their affections for each other?
(a) She suggests that they never speak of this again.
(b) She suggests that they speak to Horvendil.
(c) She suggests they meet outside of the castle.
(d) She suggests that Fengon should leave Denmark.
10. Who has betrayed Fengon to the king?
11. What gift does Fengon give Geruthe that changes her mind about having an affair?
(a) A falcon.
(b) A diamond ring.
(c) A silk tunic.
(d) A chalice.
12. When do Gertrude and Claudius marry?
(a) One year after King Hamlet's death.
(b) One month after King Hamlet's death.
(c) Five days after King Hamlet's death.
(d) Five weeks after King Hamlet's death.
13. What does Horvendil think of Geruthe's actions in the affair?
(a) He believes that she planned it all herself and should be punished accordingly.
(b) He believes she should be severely punished.
(c) He believes that she was an evil woman all along.
(d) He believes she was lead into sin by Fengon.
14. What is Gertrude's personal regret about her marriage and King Hamlet's death?
(a) That her husband never loved her.
(b) That her husband never saw her as the person she really was.
(c) That her husband didn't want more children.
(d) That her husband didn't confide in her.
15. How does Horvendil describe Geruthe's attention in the past months?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which statement is NOT a reason for Hamlet to stay at Elsinore?
2. How would Claudius describe Hamlet?
3. What does Gertrude want Hamlet to do?
4. Who kills Horvendil?
5. What story does Fengon tell Geruthe in their first secret meeting?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)