|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Fengon and Corambis speculate about how the king died?
(a) They suspect that a roving theif attacked him.
(b) They suspect that he died of old age.
(c) They suspect that the king ate something bad for lunch.
(d) They suspect that a serpent must have bit the king.
2. Who kills Horvendil?
3. What language inspires Fengon's choice of name?
4. What name has Corambis taken upon Fengon's coronation?
5. What does Geruthe do immediately after she is kissed by Fengon in the royal palace?
(a) She tells Fengon that she loves him.
(b) She pulls away from Fengon.
(c) She kisses Fengon again.
(d) She laughs with happiness.
6. What name has Fengon taken upon coronation?
7. How long has the affair between Geruthe and Fengon taken place when the king finally finds out?
(a) Some months.
(b) A few days.
(c) Some years.
(d) A week.
8. What has Fengon made a vow of renunciation for?
(a) He had renounced his love for Geruthe.
(b) He had renounced his loyality to his brother.
(c) He had renounced his country.
(d) He had renounced the sight, sound, and scent of Geruthe.
9. Why is Ophelia summoned to see Gertrude?
(a) To see how far her relationship with Hamlet has gone in the past.
(b) To see if she is witty enough for Hamlet.
(c) To see if she is interested in studying with Hamlet.
(d) To see if she is beautiful.
10. What does Geruthe suggest to Fengon as a solution to their affections for each other?
(a) She suggests they meet outside of the castle.
(b) She suggests that they speak to Horvendil.
(c) She suggests that Fengon should leave Denmark.
(d) She suggests that they never speak of this again.
11. How does Horvendil describe Geruthe's attention in the past months?
12. Geruthe is now forty-seven years old. When was the last time Geruthe and Fengon have seen each other?
(a) Last week.
(b) Twelve years ago.
(c) Last night.
(d) One year ago.
13. How long has King Hamlet been dead when Claudius is made king?
(a) Two months.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Two days.
(d) Two years.
14. What does Geruthe think of Fengon's idea of love?
(a) She thinks it is sweet.
(b) She thinks it is perfect.
(c) She thinks it is unattenable.
(d) She thinks it is ridiculous.
15. What does Gertrude want Hamlet to do?
(a) Stay at Elsinore.
(b) Marry an English girl.
(c) Escape from Denmark.
(d) Study at Wittenberg.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Geruthe's intention with Fengon the third time she meets with him?
2. How old is Ophelia when she is summoned to Gertrude's chambers?
3. When Fengon is summoned to the audience chamber, what topic does the king first speak of?
4. What does Geruthe ask of Corambis?
5. What does Geruthe tell Corambis that the favor is for?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)