|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Fengon come to see Geruthe at the lodge?
(a) He intends to murder Geruthe.
(b) He wants to conspire to take the throne.
(c) He intends to break the romance with Geruthe.
(d) He wants to persue his romance with Geruthe.
2. Why does Horvendil disapprove of Geruthe´s suggestion for their son's future wife?
(a) Horvendil thinks she is selfish and vain.
(b) Horvendil thinks she is shy and dull.
(c) Horvendil thinks she is too outspoken.
(d) Horvendil thinks she is dramatic and unstable.
3. When do Gertrude and Claudius marry?
(a) One year after King Hamlet's death.
(b) One month after King Hamlet's death.
(c) Five weeks after King Hamlet's death.
(d) Five days after King Hamlet's death.
4. How is Horvendil killed?
(a) By poison.
(b) By a great dual.
(c) By strangulation.
(d) By a slit throat.
5. Who does Geruthe suggest as a good wife for Hamblet?
(a) Fengon's daughter.
(b) A foreign princess.
(d) A daughter of a royal cousin.
6. Why is Claudius angry with the young Hamlet after King Hamlet dies?
(a) Because Hamlet will not return to Denmark.
(b) Because Hamlet will not come to see Gertrude.
(c) Because Hamlet thinks he should be king.
(d) Because Hamlet was late and left quickly from his father's funeral.
7. Why does Geruthe think that Corambus's daughter is a good match for Hamblet?
(a) She is strong and outspoken.
(b) She is sporty and fun.
(c) She is delicate and shy.
(d) She is witty and interesting.
8. What is Geruthe's intention with Fengon the third time she meets with him?
(a) She plans to put a stop to their secret meetings.
(b) She plans to bring him to the king for treason.
(c) She plans to tell him to leave Denmark.
(d) She plans to kiss him.
9. What is one reason Horvendil wants his son, Hamblet, to return from school?
(a) To meet his brother.
(b) To study kingship.
(c) To help his mother.
(d) To reform the church.
10. Why does Geruthe want to get rid of Corambis?
(a) Because the secret they share is starting to make Geruthe uncomfortable.
(b) Because he owes the court a sum of money.
(c) Because he is conspiring against Fengon.
(d) Because he is going to tell the king Geruthe's secret.
11. How does Horvendil describe Geruthe's attention in the past months?
12. How old is Ophelia when she is summoned to Gertrude's chambers?
(a) Eighteen years old.
(b) Twenty years old.
(c) Fifteen years old.
(d) Twenty-nine years old.
13. Why does Geruthe respond the way she does to Fengon's kiss?
(a) She is worried about the sin she is committing.
(b) She wants more from Fengon.
(c) She is scared that Fengon will not love her back.
(d) She is not attracted to Fengon.
14. What has Hamblet studied at the university?
(b) Scientific method.
15. What do Fengon and Corambis speculate about how the king died?
(a) They suspect that the king ate something bad for lunch.
(b) They suspect that he died of old age.
(c) They suspect that a roving theif attacked him.
(d) They suspect that a serpent must have bit the king.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ophelia describe Hamlet's disposition to women?
2. What does Geruthe do immediately after she is kissed by Fengon in the royal palace?
3. What doesn't Horvendil like about his son's chosen area of study?
4. Why does Corambis tell Fengon the king's afternoon plans?
5. How long has the affair between Geruthe and Fengon taken place when the king finally finds out?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)