|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Horvendil's words, what is the cause of people suffering?
(a) People made victim of a bad king.
(b) People forced into bad situations.
(c) People making bad decisions.
(d) Disrupting the flow of goodness from God to king to the people.
2. What does Gertrude think she should have done immediately after King Hamlet's death?
(a) Killed Claudius.
(b) Killed Polonius.
(c) Asserted her son's right to the throne.
(d) Ran away from Denmark.
3. What story does Fengon tell Geruthe in their first secret meeting?
(a) He tells her a story about Byzantium.
(b) He tells her a story about love and war.
(c) he tells her a story about his brother Horvendil.
(d) He tells her a story about his mother.
4. Who does Geruthe suggest as a good wife for Hamblet?
(b) Fengon's daughter.
(c) A daughter of a royal cousin.
(d) A foreign princess.
5. How would Claudius describe Hamlet?
(a) Bright and engaged.
(b) Sneeky and evil.
(c) Intelligent but frail.
(d) Strong but foolish.
6. What does Claudius want Hamlet to do?
(a) Leave Denmark.
(b) Be kind to his mother.
(c) Study at Wittenberg.
(d) Stay at Elsinore.
7. What does Geruthe want from Fengon?
(a) She wants him to leave Denmark.
(b) She wants his undying love.
(c) She wants his fame and fortune.
(d) She wants tangible things including presents.
8. How long has the affair between Geruthe and Fengon taken place when the king finally finds out?
(a) A week.
(b) A few days.
(c) Some years.
(d) Some months.
9. Why does Geruthe summon Corambis on a day that the king is out?
(a) Because she thinks that the king would interfer in their conversation.
(b) Because she thinks Corambis would tell the king if he were in the castle.
(c) Because she is afraid Corambis will not see her if the king is near.
(d) Because she is afraid that the king would be curious about their conversation.
10. How does Fengon enter the lodge to meet Geruthe?
(a) At the front door.
(b) Through the window of the bedchamber.
(c) Through the roof on accident.
(d) Through the kitchen door.
11. Why does Geruthe respond the way she does to Fengon's kiss?
(a) She is scared that Fengon will not love her back.
(b) She is not attracted to Fengon.
(c) She wants more from Fengon.
(d) She is worried about the sin she is committing.
12. Why is Claudius angry with the young Hamlet after King Hamlet dies?
(a) Because Hamlet thinks he should be king.
(b) Because Hamlet will not return to Denmark.
(c) Because Hamlet will not come to see Gertrude.
(d) Because Hamlet was late and left quickly from his father's funeral.
13. Which statement is NOT a reason for Hamlet to stay at Elsinore?
(a) Keep him from raising an army against Claudius.
(b) Continue his courtship with Ophelia.
(c) Befriend Claudius.
(d) Help his mother recover from the king's death.
14. What name has Corambis taken upon Fengon's coronation?
15. How does Ophelia describe Hamlet's disposition to women?
(a) Hamlet despises women in general.
(b) Hamlet loves all women.
(c) Hamlet warms to the idea of love very slowly.
(d) Hamlet trusts women too much.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Horvendil intend to do with Corambis?
2. How long has King Hamlet been dead when Claudius is made king?
3. When does Horvendil summon Fengon to inform him that the affair with Geruthe is common knowledge?
4. What does Geruthe admit to doing with the falcon?
5. What does Horvendil intend to do with Fengon?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)