|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Gertrude feel about King Hamlet's death?
2. How does Geruthe describe her idea of love?
3. What is Horvendil's primary concern about his brother Fengon?
(a) That Fengon will kill Hamblet.
(b) That Fengon covets the throne.
(c) That Fengon is of bad health.
(d) That Fengon is in love with his wife.
4. When do Gertrude and Claudius marry?
(a) One month after King Hamlet's death.
(b) Five weeks after King Hamlet's death.
(c) One year after King Hamlet's death.
(d) Five days after King Hamlet's death.
5. Why does Horvendil disapprove of Geruthe´s suggestion for their son's future wife?
(a) Horvendil thinks she is dramatic and unstable.
(b) Horvendil thinks she is shy and dull.
(c) Horvendil thinks she is selfish and vain.
(d) Horvendil thinks she is too outspoken.
6. What does Claudius want Hamlet to do?
(a) Leave Denmark.
(b) Be kind to his mother.
(c) Study at Wittenberg.
(d) Stay at Elsinore.
7. What are Geruthe's real intentions with Corambis' favor?
(a) To run away from Denmark.
(b) To read books on Christianity.
(c) To see Hamblet.
(d) To meet with Fengon.
8. Horvendil asks Fengon why he has always had such hatred. How does Fengon respond to this question?
(a) Fengon says he has hated him since childhood, because he has always been favored.
(b) Fengon replies by leaving the audience chamber.
(c) Fengon replies with silence.
(d) Fengon says it is not hate, but feels tht Horvendil is "strangely negligible."
9. How long has King Hamlet been dead when Claudius is made king?
(a) Two years.
(b) Two days.
(c) Two months.
(d) Two weeks.
10. What is Geruthe's first response to hearing Fengon describe his vow?
(a) She tells Fengon that she could never love him.
(b) She tries to make jest of it.
(c) She leaves the room for air.
(d) She tells Fengon of her love for him.
11. How does Ophelia describe Hamlet's disposition to women?
(a) Hamlet loves all women.
(b) Hamlet despises women in general.
(c) Hamlet trusts women too much.
(d) Hamlet warms to the idea of love very slowly.
12. What does Gertrude think she should have done immediately after King Hamlet's death?
(a) Asserted her son's right to the throne.
(b) Killed Claudius.
(c) Ran away from Denmark.
(d) Killed Polonius.
13. What does Geruthe think of Fengon's idea of love?
(a) She thinks it is ridiculous.
(b) She thinks it is unattenable.
(c) She thinks it is sweet.
(d) She thinks it is perfect.
14. Who kills Horvendil?
15. Why is Ophelia summoned to see Gertrude?
(a) To see if she is interested in studying with Hamlet.
(b) To see if she is beautiful.
(c) To see how far her relationship with Hamlet has gone in the past.
(d) To see if she is witty enough for Hamlet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Geruthe respond the way she does to Fengon's kiss?
2. Why does Corambis tell Fengon the king's afternoon plans?
3. What is the sin that Fengon believes Geruthe and himself have committed in their affair?
4. Which statement is NOT a reason for Hamlet to stay at Elsinore?
5. What does Gertrude want Hamlet to do?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)