|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Claudius angry with the young Hamlet after King Hamlet dies?
(a) Because Hamlet thinks he should be king.
(b) Because Hamlet will not come to see Gertrude.
(c) Because Hamlet will not return to Denmark.
(d) Because Hamlet was late and left quickly from his father's funeral.
2. What is Geruthe's first response to hearing Fengon describe his vow?
(a) She tells Fengon that she could never love him.
(b) She leaves the room for air.
(c) She tries to make jest of it.
(d) She tells Fengon of her love for him.
3. What do Fengon and Corambis speculate about how the king died?
(a) They suspect that the king ate something bad for lunch.
(b) They suspect that a serpent must have bit the king.
(c) They suspect that he died of old age.
(d) They suspect that a roving theif attacked him.
4. Who has betrayed Fengon to the king?
5. What does Geruthe think of Fengon's idea of love?
(a) She thinks it is sweet.
(b) She thinks it is perfect.
(c) She thinks it is unattenable.
(d) She thinks it is ridiculous.
6. Which statement is NOT a reason for Hamlet to stay at Elsinore?
(a) Keep him from raising an army against Claudius.
(b) Help his mother recover from the king's death.
(c) Befriend Claudius.
(d) Continue his courtship with Ophelia.
7. Why does Horvendil disapprove of Geruthe´s suggestion for their son's future wife?
(a) Horvendil thinks she is too outspoken.
(b) Horvendil thinks she is shy and dull.
(c) Horvendil thinks she is dramatic and unstable.
(d) Horvendil thinks she is selfish and vain.
8. Why is Ophelia summoned to see Gertrude?
(a) To see if she is beautiful.
(b) To see how far her relationship with Hamlet has gone in the past.
(c) To see if she is interested in studying with Hamlet.
(d) To see if she is witty enough for Hamlet.
9. What does Geruthe suggest to Fengon as a solution to their affections for each other?
(a) She suggests that they never speak of this again.
(b) She suggests that they speak to Horvendil.
(c) She suggests they meet outside of the castle.
(d) She suggests that Fengon should leave Denmark.
10. Who kills Horvendil?
11. Who does Geruthe suggest as a good wife for Hamblet?
(a) Fengon's daughter.
(b) A daughter of a royal cousin.
(d) A foreign princess.
12. Why does Corambis agree to giving Geruthe what she asks for?
(a) Because he is aways loyal to the king.
(b) Because he remembers the girl she was before she married Horvendil.
(c) Because Geruthe asked so nicely.
(d) Because Corambis is in love with Geruthe.
13. What is Gertrude's personal regret about her marriage and King Hamlet's death?
(a) That her husband didn't confide in her.
(b) That her husband never loved her.
(c) That her husband never saw her as the person she really was.
(d) That her husband didn't want more children.
14. What gift does Fengon give Geruthe that changes her mind about having an affair?
(a) A chalice.
(b) A silk tunic.
(c) A diamond ring.
(d) A falcon.
15. What name has Corambis taken upon Fengon's coronation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Horvendil thinking of doing with Corambus?
2. What doesn't Horvendil like about his son's chosen area of study?
3. How old is Ophelia when she is summoned to Gertrude's chambers?
4. How would Claudius describe Hamlet?
5. What is Horvendil's primary concern about his brother Fengon?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)