|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Geruthe describe her idea of love?
2. Who kills Horvendil?
3. What is the first present that Fengon gives Geruthe when they meet for the second time?
(a) A new horse.
(b) A silk scarf.
(c) A beautiful doll.
(d) A cloisonny pendant.
4. What is Horvendil's primary concern about his brother Fengon?
(a) That Fengon is of bad health.
(b) That Fengon will kill Hamblet.
(c) That Fengon is in love with his wife.
(d) That Fengon covets the throne.
5. What name has Fengon taken upon coronation?
6. What does Gertrude think she should have done immediately after King Hamlet's death?
(a) Ran away from Denmark.
(b) Killed Polonius.
(c) Asserted her son's right to the throne.
(d) Killed Claudius.
7. How long has the affair between Geruthe and Fengon taken place when the king finally finds out?
(a) A week.
(b) Some months.
(c) Some years.
(d) A few days.
8. How does Horvendil describe Fengon in the audience chamber?
(a) Stupid and slow.
(b) Strong and independent.
(c) Sulky and inferior.
(d) Dark and murderous.
9. How does Fengon enter the lodge to meet Geruthe?
(a) Through the kitchen door.
(b) At the front door.
(c) Through the roof on accident.
(d) Through the window of the bedchamber.
10. Why does Geruthe think that Corambus's daughter is a good match for Hamblet?
(a) She is sporty and fun.
(b) She is strong and outspoken.
(c) She is delicate and shy.
(d) She is witty and interesting.
11. What does Claudius want Hamlet to do?
(a) Be kind to his mother.
(b) Study at Wittenberg.
(c) Leave Denmark.
(d) Stay at Elsinore.
12. What word does Fengon use to describe love?
13. What name has Corambis taken upon Fengon's coronation?
14. What gift does Fengon give Geruthe that changes her mind about having an affair?
(a) A falcon.
(b) A chalice.
(c) A diamond ring.
(d) A silk tunic.
15. Which statement is NOT a reason for Hamlet to stay at Elsinore?
(a) Continue his courtship with Ophelia.
(b) Befriend Claudius.
(c) Keep him from raising an army against Claudius.
(d) Help his mother recover from the king's death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Horvendil think of Geruthe's actions in the affair?
2. What has Fengon made a vow of renunciation for?
3. What did Geruthe realize about the falcon once it was too late?
4. What does Geruthe do immediately after she is kissed by Fengon in the royal palace?
5. Why is Claudius angry with the young Hamlet after King Hamlet dies?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)