|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What other event occurs on the same day Gerutha gives birth?
(a) Horwendil becomes king.
(b) Horwendil defeats and kills Fortinbras of Norway.
(c) Horwendil leaves Gerutha for another woman.
(d) Rorik dies.
2. Why does Gerutha move back to Elsinore?
(a) To make Horwendil angry.
(b) To take care of her father.
(c) To become queen.
(d) To give birth to her son.
3. How is Amleth like his father?
(a) Amleth is very brutish like his father.
(b) Amleth likes to hunt with his father.
(c) Amleth is a weak warrior.
(d) Amleth is very Jutish and behaves like a nobleman.
4. Why is the importance of displaying the bloody bed sheet?
(a) It means that Horwendil is having an affair.
(b) It means that Gerutha is sick.
(c) It proves that any son born by Gerutha is from Horwendil.
(d) It proves that Gerutha was not a virgin.
5. What happened to Gerutha´s mother, Ona, when Gertrude was three years old?
(a) Her mother died.
(b) Her mother disappeared.
(c) Her mother was removed from the family.
(d) Her mother left the family to live in France.
6. Who is Laertes?
(a) Gerutha's brother.
(b) Hamlet's father.
(c) Ona's father.
(d) Ophelia's brother.
7. What is made clear about Horwendil's intentions with Gerutha?
(a) He intends to be honest and trustworthy with her.
(b) He is interested in being a loving husband.
(c) He intends to be a good husband and ruler.
(d) He intends to marry her to increase his own position and wealth.
8. Where do Gerutha and Horwendil go immediately after their wedding?
(a) To Odinsheim, Horwedil's home.
(b) To Feng's house because he missing the wedding.
(c) To Horwendil's manor next to Elsinore.
(d) To Elsinore.
9. How does Horwendil make the songbirds sing for Gerutha?
(a) He shakes the cages until they are frightened into singing.
(b) He sings until they sing with him.
(c) He trains them with seeds for treats.
(d) He releases them into the forest.
10. What does Gerutha do to pass the sleigh trip after the wedding?
(a) She makes thorny comments at Horwendil.
(b) She practices sitting pretty.
(c) She talks sweetly to Horwendil.
(d) She goes to sleep.
11. Which statement is true about Gerutha?
(a) She is in love with Horwendil.
(b) She lives with her mother.
(c) She is from France.
(d) She is the only child of King Rorick.
12. What is Gerutha's explanation for spending so much time with Feng?
(a) That she feels badly for him since he often sulks in loneliness.
(b) That she helps Feng to study German.
(c) That she is Feng's only company, since Horwendil is often busy.
(d) That she simply is concerned for his health.
13. Which of the following is NOT a name in Part 2?
14. What does Corambus say about Amleth's moodiness?
(a) That perhaps they are just roles he is trying on for size.
(b) That Amleth is an angry boy and he show it as moodiness.
(c) That perhaps he is unbalanced or addled in the brain.
(d) That Amleth is very weak and so he is moody.
15. Why is Corambus resentful of Horwendil?
(a) Because Corambus is in love with Gerutha.
(b) Because Horwendil conspired to kill Rorik.
(c) Because Horwendil moves into Elsinore before he is officially named king.
(d) Because Horwendil will not listen to his counciling.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the springtime after Gerutha and Horwendil's wedding, what is happening to Rorik?
2. Which point sparks the argument over Amleth leaving to study in the next year?
3. Who is Magrit married to?
4. How long do guests stay at Elsinore for the wedding?
5. Who was missing from Gerutha and Horwendil's wedding that upsets Horwendil?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)