|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Feng give Gerutha as a gift during her visit?
(a) A falcon.
(b) A horse.
(c) A locket.
(d) A love letter.
2. Why is the importance of displaying the bloody bed sheet?
(a) It proves that Gerutha was not a virgin.
(b) It means that Horwendil is having an affair.
(c) It proves that any son born by Gerutha is from Horwendil.
(d) It means that Gerutha is sick.
3. Which of the following is NOT a name in Part 3?
4. What does Gerutha think about Horwendil?
(a) That he fights just to prove his bravery.
(b) That he abuses his bother Feng.
(c) That he uses people for his own selfish ambitions.
(d) That he manipulates her father.
5. How does Horwendil make the songbirds sing for Gerutha?
(a) He shakes the cages until they are frightened into singing.
(b) He trains them with seeds for treats.
(c) He releases them into the forest.
(d) He sings until they sing with him.
6. How old is Gerutha when the story begins?
7. Which of the following is NOT a name in Part 1?
8. In what city does the Hamlet story have a history of being printed?
(c) New York.
9. How is Amleth like his father?
(a) Amleth likes to hunt with his father.
(b) Amleth is very Jutish and behaves like a nobleman.
(c) Amleth is a weak warrior.
(d) Amleth is very brutish like his father.
10. What characteristic about Horwendil is enticing to Gerutha?
(a) He is athletic and strong.
(b) He constantly dismisses her attempts to rouse him.
(c) He writes poetry and is very intelligent.
(d) He is romantic and desires her attention.
11. Why does Gerutha feel snubbed by Horwendil on their wedding night?
(a) Because Horwendil did not dance with her.
(b) Because Horwendil did not want to talk to her.
(c) Because Horwendil did not want to sleep next to her.
(d) Because Horwendil did not take an interest in her sexually.
12. Where does the original ancient Hamlet legend come from?
(b) Historia Danica of Saxo Grammaticus.
(c) Ancient greek mythology.
(d) John Updike.
13. At what age does Feng return to Denmark?
14. Who is Gerwendil?
(a) Svend's brother.
(b) Horwendil's father.
(c) Gerutha's brother.
(d) Rorik's father.
15. What does Horwendil talk about on the trip after their wedding?
(a) He talks about how he will make a great king.
(b) He talks about who was and was not at their wedding.
(c) He talks about how beautiful Gerutha is.
(d) He talks about how fun the party was.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Ona related to?
2. What character seems to agree with Amleth the most?
3. Where do Gerutha and Horwendil go immediately after their wedding?
4. When do Feng's thoughts over Gerutha become evident in the story?
5. What does Corambus say about Amleth's moodiness?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)