|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gerutha do to pass the sleigh trip after the wedding?
(a) She makes thorny comments at Horwendil.
(b) She talks sweetly to Horwendil.
(c) She practices sitting pretty.
(d) She goes to sleep.
2. Which of the following is a name in Part 1?
3. Which point sparks the argument over Amleth leaving to study in the next year?
(a) That Horwendil is leaving the country for a time.
(b) That Amleth is disturbed by the friendship between Gerutha and Feng.
(c) That Horwendil is unsatisfied with Gerutha.
(d) That Amleth is unhappy at Elsinore.
4. How do Gerutha and Feng usually pass their time together?
(a) Eating and drinking.
(b) In conversations of topics that interest them both.
(c) In games of chess or cards.
(d) Hunting or riding.
5. Why does Gerutha feel snubbed by Horwendil on their wedding night?
(a) Because Horwendil did not want to talk to her.
(b) Because Horwendil did not dance with her.
(c) Because Horwendil did not take an interest in her sexually.
(d) Because Horwendil did not want to sleep next to her.
6. Who is Ona related to?
7. Why does Gerutha use the phrase ". . . no woman wants to be a mere piece of furniture, to be bartered for and then sat upon?"
(a) To clearify her feelings about bar stools.
(b) To state her opinion of Horwendil.
(c) To explain to her father her feelings about being promised to Horwendil.
(d) To insult Horwendil's intelligence.
8. Why are there Christian priests in Jutland?
(a) Because they were allowed in for conversation by the previous king.
(b) Because they were persecuted in their home country.
(c) Because of political reasons.
(d) Because they sent successful missionaries twenty years before.
9. What is made clear about Horwendil's intentions with Gerutha?
(a) He intends to marry her to increase his own position and wealth.
(b) He intends to be a good husband and ruler.
(c) He intends to be honest and trustworthy with her.
(d) He is interested in being a loving husband.
10. When Rorik asks Gerutha about the state of her marriage, how does she respond?
(a) She tells Rorick that she has never been happier.
(b) She tells Rorik that her marriage is in excellent shape.
(c) She tells Rorick that it is a profitable business.
(d) She tells Rorik that it is a terrible marriage and it is his fault.
11. What is the important event that occurs in the springtime for Gerutha.
(a) She becomes queen.
(b) She goes to visit her mother.
(c) She throws an extravagent brithday party.
(d) She finds out she is pregnant.
12. What does Feng give Gerutha as a gift during her visit?
(a) A love letter.
(b) A falcon.
(c) A horse.
(d) A locket.
13. What words best describe Gerutha as a wife?
(a) Happy, bubbly, and talkative.
(b) Sad, quiet, and sulky.
(c) Angry, thorny, and disrespectful.
(d) Good, compliant, and gracious.
14. Why is Corambus resentful of Horwendil?
(a) Because Corambus is in love with Gerutha.
(b) Because Horwendil moves into Elsinore before he is officially named king.
(c) Because Horwendil will not listen to his counciling.
(d) Because Horwendil conspired to kill Rorik.
15. Why does Gerutha move back to Elsinore?
(a) To become queen.
(b) To give birth to her son.
(c) To take care of her father.
(d) To make Horwendil angry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a name in Part 3?
2. Why don't Gerutha and Horwendil have more children?
3. What does Gerutha think about Horwendil?
4. What doesn't Gerutha enjoy about her visit to Feng's estate?
5. When do Feng's thoughts over Gerutha become evident in the story?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)