|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is made clear about Horwendil's intentions with Gerutha?
(a) He intends to be a good husband and ruler.
(b) He intends to be honest and trustworthy with her.
(c) He intends to marry her to increase his own position and wealth.
(d) He is interested in being a loving husband.
2. What words best describe Gerutha as a wife?
(a) Happy, bubbly, and talkative.
(b) Good, compliant, and gracious.
(c) Sad, quiet, and sulky.
(d) Angry, thorny, and disrespectful.
3. What is the important event that occurs in the springtime for Gerutha.
(a) She becomes queen.
(b) She throws an extravagent brithday party.
(c) She finds out she is pregnant.
(d) She goes to visit her mother.
4. Which statement best describes Gerutha's response to the songbirds?
(a) Quietly content.
(b) Sad and empathetic.
(c) Confused and silent.
(d) Angry and frusterated.
5. Who is Ljot related to?
6. What advise does Corambus give Gerutha to make her think less about her marriage?
(a) He tells her to speak to Horwendil about her feelings.
(b) He tells her to read less and exercise more.
(c) He tells her to sleep more.
(d) He tells her to stop gossiping and be a better wife.
7. Which statement is true about Gerutha?
(a) She is in love with Horwendil.
(b) She lives with her mother.
(c) She is from France.
(d) She is the only child of King Rorick.
8. Which character starts the story as a wise councilor?
9. How does Gerutha feel about the way Horwendil treats her?
(a) Gerutha feels that Horwendil only cherishes her for his public position.
(b) Gerutha feels that Horwendil is violent and she is afraid of him.
(c) Gerutha feels that Horwendil will become more romantic as they gain more experience together.
(d) Gerutha feels that Horwendil is a good king and very romantic.
10. In the springtime after Gerutha and Horwendil's wedding, what is happening to Rorik?
(a) He is attacking the neighboring countries.
(b) He is becoming more sick and is dying.
(c) He is handing the crown over to Horwendil.
(d) He is moving to live with Gerutha and Horwendil.
11. Why does Feng leave Denmark?
(a) To study in a university.
(b) To escape the temptation of Gerutha.
(c) To battle in other countries.
(d) To flee his angry brother.
12. Where do Gerutha and Horwendil go immediately after their wedding?
(a) To Feng's house because he missing the wedding.
(b) To Odinsheim, Horwedil's home.
(c) To Elsinore.
(d) To Horwendil's manor next to Elsinore.
13. Which of the following is a name in Part 3?
14. What is unfair about how Rorik treats Horwendil compared to how he treats Feng?
(a) Rorik allows Feng to hunt with his horses during the their visit.
(b) Rorik pays Horwendil double the money of Feng, although the brothers completed the same service.
(c) Rorik allows Feng to visit Gerutha more than Horwendil.
(d) Rorik gives Horwendil a larger manor than Feng when the brothers come to visit.
15. Who is Ophelia?
(a) Horwendil's sister.
(b) Feng's daughter.
(c) Ona's daughter.
(d) Corambus' daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a name in Part 3?
2. What does Gerutha fear about being attracted to a man?
3. Why does Gerutha feel snubbed by Horwendil on their wedding night?
4. What happens to Horwendil as he becomes a more accomplished king?
5. What does Corambus say about Amleth's moodiness?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)