Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rorik believe that Horwendil is a good match for his daughter?
(a) Horwendil is an excellent father.
(b) Horwendil is a brave and well-loved ruler.
(c) Horwendil is a great athlete.
(d) Horwendil is a rich merchant.
2. The story begins in what country?
3. Which character is the most emotionally distant?
4. Who is Ophelia?
(a) Ona's daughter.
(b) Horwendil's sister.
(c) Corambus' daughter.
(d) Feng's daughter.
5. What is made clear about Horwendil's intentions with Gerutha?
(a) He is interested in being a loving husband.
(b) He intends to be honest and trustworthy with her.
(c) He intends to marry her to increase his own position and wealth.
(d) He intends to be a good husband and ruler.
6. In what city does the Hamlet story have a history of being printed?
(a) New York.
7. Where do the names in Part 3 of the story come from?
(a) From Shakespeare's previous drama, since the story is a sequel.
(b) From an old English reprint of the second edition.
(c) From the source used by Shakespeare, which was probably German in origin.
(d) From John Updike's sources.
8. How old is Gerutha on her wedding day?
(a) Thirty years old.
(b) Seventeen years old.
(c) Twenty years old.
(d) Eighteen years old.
9. Who is Horwendil's squire?
(c) Corambus' son.
10. Which character reflects on a difficulty in loving Hamlet?
(a) King Hamlet.
11. What does Gerutha notice about Rorik's face as he gives her his blessing?
(a) She notices that he looks tired and sick.
(b) She notices that he appears lonely.
(c) She notices that he has a strange scar.
(d) She notices that he looks happy for her.
12. How is Feng different with Gerutha than with other women?
(a) With Gerutha he is a wild flirt.
(b) With Gerutha he is well-behaved and attentive.
(c) With Gerutha he is hot tempered and violent.
(d) With Gerutha he is hasty and rude.
13. What does Corambus say about Amleth's moodiness?
(a) That perhaps he is unbalanced or addled in the brain.
(b) That Amleth is very weak and so he is moody.
(c) That perhaps they are just roles he is trying on for size.
(d) That Amleth is an angry boy and he show it as moodiness.
14. Who is Laertes?
(a) Hamlet's father.
(b) Ona's father.
(c) Ophelia's brother.
(d) Gerutha's brother.
15. What does Feng give Gerutha as a gift during her visit?
(a) A falcon.
(b) A horse.
(c) A love letter.
(d) A locket.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long do guests stay at Elsinore for the wedding?
2. Which of the following is NOT a name in Part 3?
3. Why don't Gerutha and Horwendil have more children?
4. Where do the names in Part 2 of the story come from?
5. Who is Ljot related to?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)