|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Gerutha when the story begins?
2. How is Amleth like his father?
(a) Amleth is a weak warrior.
(b) Amleth likes to hunt with his father.
(c) Amleth is very Jutish and behaves like a nobleman.
(d) Amleth is very brutish like his father.
3. How old is Gerutha on her wedding day?
(a) Twenty years old.
(b) Eighteen years old.
(c) Thirty years old.
(d) Seventeen years old.
4. Why does Rorik believe that Horwendil is a good match for his daughter?
(a) Horwendil is an excellent father.
(b) Horwendil is a great athlete.
(c) Horwendil is a rich merchant.
(d) Horwendil is a brave and well-loved ruler.
5. Why is the importance of displaying the bloody bed sheet?
(a) It proves that Gerutha was not a virgin.
(b) It proves that any son born by Gerutha is from Horwendil.
(c) It means that Horwendil is having an affair.
(d) It means that Gerutha is sick.
6. Who was missing from Gerutha and Horwendil's wedding that upsets Horwendil?
(a) Gerutha's father, Rorik.
(b) His mother.
(c) His brother, Feng.
(d) His uncle.
7. Who is Sandro?
(a) Ona's brother.
(b) Horwendil's childhood friend.
(c) Ophelia's lover.
(d) Feng's squire.
8. What is the important event that occurs in the springtime for Gerutha.
(a) She finds out she is pregnant.
(b) She becomes queen.
(c) She goes to visit her mother.
(d) She throws an extravagent brithday party.
9. Gerutha feels that her feelings for Amleth are inadequate as a mother. What does she believe is the source of this?
(a) Gerutha believes it is because Horwedil is cold emotionally.
(b) Gerutha believes it is because she doesn´t love Horwendil.
(c) Gerutha does not know and is confused with her feelings.
(d) Gerutha thinks it is because Amleth was a difficult child.
10. What is unfair about how Rorik treats Horwendil compared to how he treats Feng?
(a) Rorik allows Feng to visit Gerutha more than Horwendil.
(b) Rorik pays Horwendil double the money of Feng, although the brothers completed the same service.
(c) Rorik gives Horwendil a larger manor than Feng when the brothers come to visit.
(d) Rorik allows Feng to hunt with his horses during the their visit.
11. Which character is the most emotionally distant?
12. Who is Ljot related to?
13. What is Gerutha's interpretation of the songbirds singing?
(a) That they are singing about love.
(b) That they are singing about their past.
(c) That they are singing about their happiness.
(d) That they are singing about their imprisionment.
14. How does Rorik attempt to change Gerutha's opinion of Horwendil?
(a) He tells her the story of Ona and himself.
(b) He explains to her that it is her duty to marry Horwendil.
(c) He reminds her that she can not have an opinion because she is a woman.
(d) He tells her a fairytale.
15. What does Gerutha do to pass the sleigh trip after the wedding?
(a) She practices sitting pretty.
(b) She goes to sleep.
(c) She makes thorny comments at Horwendil.
(d) She talks sweetly to Horwendil.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Corambus resentful of Horwendil?
2. Which character starts the story as a wise councilor?
3. Which point sparks the argument over Amleth leaving to study in the next year?
4. What does Feng give Gerutha as a gift during her visit?
5. Which character benefits the least by the marriage of Gerutha and Horwendil?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)