|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rorik attempt to change Gerutha's opinion of Horwendil?
(a) He tells her a fairytale.
(b) He explains to her that it is her duty to marry Horwendil.
(c) He tells her the story of Ona and himself.
(d) He reminds her that she can not have an opinion because she is a woman.
2. What is made clear about Gerutha's opinion of Horwendil?
(a) The she thinks he has the ability to be romantic.
(b) That she thinks he is selfish brute.
(c) That she thinks he is ugly and undesirable.
(d) That she thinks he will be a good husband.
3. What character seems to agree with Amleth the most?
(a) Ona, his grandmother.
(b) Yorik, the court jester.
(c) Rorik, his grandfather.
(d) Horwendil, his father.
4. Who does Gerutha confide in when she becomes worried about Amleth's moodiness?
(a) Her father.
(d) Her chambermaid.
5. How does Horwendil make the songbirds sing for Gerutha?
(a) He trains them with seeds for treats.
(b) He releases them into the forest.
(c) He sings until they sing with him.
(d) He shakes the cages until they are frightened into singing.
6. Which character benefits the least by the marriage of Gerutha and Horwendil?
7. What other event occurs on the same day Gerutha gives birth?
(a) Horwendil defeats and kills Fortinbras of Norway.
(b) Rorik dies.
(c) Horwendil becomes king.
(d) Horwendil leaves Gerutha for another woman.
8. Why does Gerutha feel snubbed by Horwendil on their wedding night?
(a) Because Horwendil did not take an interest in her sexually.
(b) Because Horwendil did not dance with her.
(c) Because Horwendil did not want to sleep next to her.
(d) Because Horwendil did not want to talk to her.
9. What characteristic about Horwendil is enticing to Gerutha?
(a) He writes poetry and is very intelligent.
(b) He is athletic and strong.
(c) He is romantic and desires her attention.
(d) He constantly dismisses her attempts to rouse him.
10. Which words best describe Feng?
(a) Attractive and entertaining.
(b) Artistic and quiet.
(c) Melancholic and violent.
(d) Forceful and brutish.
11. Which of the following is NOT a name in Part 3?
12. What does Gerutha do to pass the sleigh trip after the wedding?
(a) She practices sitting pretty.
(b) She makes thorny comments at Horwendil.
(c) She goes to sleep.
(d) She talks sweetly to Horwendil.
13. What is Gerutha's explanation for spending so much time with Feng?
(a) That she feels badly for him since he often sulks in loneliness.
(b) That she is Feng's only company, since Horwendil is often busy.
(c) That she simply is concerned for his health.
(d) That she helps Feng to study German.
14. Who is Magrit married to?
15. How does Gerutha feel about the way Horwendil treats her?
(a) Gerutha feels that Horwendil is violent and she is afraid of him.
(b) Gerutha feels that Horwendil will become more romantic as they gain more experience together.
(c) Gerutha feels that Horwendil is a good king and very romantic.
(d) Gerutha feels that Horwendil only cherishes her for his public position.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is evidence that Horwendil does not really love Gerutha?
2. In what season do Gerutha and Horwendil get married?
3. What does Feng give Gerutha as a gift during her visit?
4. Where do Gerutha and Horwendil go immediately after their wedding?
5. Who is Feng's Falconer?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)