|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the important event that occurs in the springtime for Gerutha.
(a) She finds out she is pregnant.
(b) She becomes queen.
(c) She throws an extravagent brithday party.
(d) She goes to visit her mother.
2. How old is Gerutha on her wedding day?
(a) Twenty years old.
(b) Thirty years old.
(c) Eighteen years old.
(d) Seventeen years old.
3. Why are there Christian priests in Jutland?
(a) Because they were persecuted in their home country.
(b) Because of political reasons.
(c) Because they were allowed in for conversation by the previous king.
(d) Because they sent successful missionaries twenty years before.
4. Who is Feng's Falconer?
5. Who is Ona related to?
6. What does Corambus say about Amleth's moodiness?
(a) That Amleth is an angry boy and he show it as moodiness.
(b) That perhaps he is unbalanced or addled in the brain.
(c) That perhaps they are just roles he is trying on for size.
(d) That Amleth is very weak and so he is moody.
7. The story begins in what country?
8. Who is Gerwendil?
(a) Rorik's father.
(b) Svend's brother.
(c) Gerutha's brother.
(d) Horwendil's father.
9. In what city does the Hamlet story have a history of being printed?
(b) New York.
10. Who is Ophelia?
(a) Feng's daughter.
(b) Ona's daughter.
(c) Corambus' daughter.
(d) Horwendil's sister.
11. Who was missing from Gerutha and Horwendil's wedding that upsets Horwendil?
(a) His mother.
(b) Gerutha's father, Rorik.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His brother, Feng.
12. Which point sparks the argument over Amleth leaving to study in the next year?
(a) That Amleth is disturbed by the friendship between Gerutha and Feng.
(b) That Horwendil is leaving the country for a time.
(c) That Amleth is unhappy at Elsinore.
(d) That Horwendil is unsatisfied with Gerutha.
13. What is made clear about Gerutha's opinion of Horwendil?
(a) That she thinks he is selfish brute.
(b) The she thinks he has the ability to be romantic.
(c) That she thinks he will be a good husband.
(d) That she thinks he is ugly and undesirable.
14. The story is a prequel to what other famous drama?
(a) The Twelfth Night.
(b) Romeo and Juliet.
(c) A Christmas Carol.
15. How is Amleth like his father?
(a) Amleth is very Jutish and behaves like a nobleman.
(b) Amleth is very brutish like his father.
(c) Amleth is a weak warrior.
(d) Amleth likes to hunt with his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gerutha feel about the way Horwendil treats her?
2. Why does Gerutha move back to Elsinore?
3. How does Rorik attempt to change Gerutha's opinion of Horwendil?
4. Why does Feng leave Denmark?
5. Who is Ljot related to?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)