|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What other event occurs on the same day Gerutha gives birth?
(a) Horwendil becomes king.
(b) Horwendil leaves Gerutha for another woman.
(c) Rorik dies.
(d) Horwendil defeats and kills Fortinbras of Norway.
2. Which word best describes Horwendil's behavior with the songbirds that he has given Gerutha?
3. Why is the importance of displaying the bloody bed sheet?
(a) It means that Gerutha is sick.
(b) It proves that any son born by Gerutha is from Horwendil.
(c) It proves that Gerutha was not a virgin.
(d) It means that Horwendil is having an affair.
4. What words best describe Amleth as a baby and child?
(a) Happy and simple.
(b) Sickly and disagreeable.
(c) Quiet and slow.
(d) Energetic and sunny.
5. In the springtime after Gerutha and Horwendil's wedding, what is happening to Rorik?
(a) He is moving to live with Gerutha and Horwendil.
(b) He is becoming more sick and is dying.
(c) He is attacking the neighboring countries.
(d) He is handing the crown over to Horwendil.
6. Who is Ophelia?
(a) Horwendil's sister.
(b) Feng's daughter.
(c) Corambus' daughter.
(d) Ona's daughter.
7. When do Feng's thoughts over Gerutha become evident in the story?
(a) After he kisses her.
(b) After he leaves Denmark.
(c) After he is wounded in battle.
(d) After he is sickened and dying.
8. Which character is the most emotionally distant?
9. Who is Magrit married to?
10. Which of the following is a name in Part 2?
11. Which statement is true about Gerutha?
(a) She is the only child of King Rorick.
(b) She is from France.
(c) She lives with her mother.
(d) She is in love with Horwendil.
12. Which of the following is NOT a name in Part 1?
13. Why does Gerutha feel snubbed by Horwendil on their wedding night?
(a) Because Horwendil did not take an interest in her sexually.
(b) Because Horwendil did not want to talk to her.
(c) Because Horwendil did not dance with her.
(d) Because Horwendil did not want to sleep next to her.
14. Who is Sandro?
(a) Ophelia's lover.
(b) Feng's squire.
(c) Horwendil's childhood friend.
(d) Ona's brother.
15. What characteristic about Horwendil is enticing to Gerutha?
(a) He is romantic and desires her attention.
(b) He constantly dismisses her attempts to rouse him.
(c) He is athletic and strong.
(d) He writes poetry and is very intelligent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the names in Part 2 of the story come from?
2. Who is Gerwendil?
3. In what city does the Hamlet story have a history of being printed?
4. What did Gerutha want to name her son?
5. How does Horwendil make the songbirds sing for Gerutha?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)