|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Gerutha on her wedding day?
(a) Thirty years old.
(b) Seventeen years old.
(c) Twenty years old.
(d) Eighteen years old.
2. What does Horwendil talk about on the trip after their wedding?
(a) He talks about how he will make a great king.
(b) He talks about how beautiful Gerutha is.
(c) He talks about how fun the party was.
(d) He talks about who was and was not at their wedding.
3. Who is Sandro?
(a) Feng's squire.
(b) Ophelia's lover.
(c) Horwendil's childhood friend.
(d) Ona's brother.
4. Who is Magrit married to?
5. What does the situation with the songbirds reveal about Horwendil's personality?
(a) That he is kind and generous.
(b) That he is sweet and romantic.
(c) That he is passive and kind.
(d) That he is forceful and selfish.
6. Why is Corambus resentful of Horwendil?
(a) Because Corambus is in love with Gerutha.
(b) Because Horwendil moves into Elsinore before he is officially named king.
(c) Because Horwendil conspired to kill Rorik.
(d) Because Horwendil will not listen to his counciling.
7. What happened to Gerutha´s mother, Ona, when Gertrude was three years old?
(a) Her mother was removed from the family.
(b) Her mother disappeared.
(c) Her mother left the family to live in France.
(d) Her mother died.
8. What does Feng give Gerutha as a gift during her visit?
(a) A horse.
(b) A locket.
(c) A love letter.
(d) A falcon.
9. What does Gerutha fear about being attracted to a man?
(a) That she will eventually become a very rich woman.
(b) That she will eventually become a submissive old woman.
(c) That she will not be attractive to him.
(d) That she will never have a career.
10. What does Gerutha do to pass the sleigh trip after the wedding?
(a) She practices sitting pretty.
(b) She talks sweetly to Horwendil.
(c) She goes to sleep.
(d) She makes thorny comments at Horwendil.
11. How old is Gerutha when the story begins?
12. How is Amleth like his father?
(a) Amleth likes to hunt with his father.
(b) Amleth is very Jutish and behaves like a nobleman.
(c) Amleth is very brutish like his father.
(d) Amleth is a weak warrior.
13. Why are there Christian priests in Jutland?
(a) Because they sent successful missionaries twenty years before.
(b) Because they were allowed in for conversation by the previous king.
(c) Because they were persecuted in their home country.
(d) Because of political reasons.
14. What does Gerutha think about Horwendil?
(a) That he manipulates her father.
(b) That he uses people for his own selfish ambitions.
(c) That he abuses his bother Feng.
(d) That he fights just to prove his bravery.
15. Which words best describe Feng?
(a) Artistic and quiet.
(b) Forceful and brutish.
(c) Attractive and entertaining.
(d) Melancholic and violent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Gerutha confide in when she becomes worried about Amleth's moodiness?
2. Which is evidence that Horwendil does not really love Gerutha?
3. What word best describes Feng´s feelings toward his bother Horwendil?
4. What words best describe Amleth as a baby and child?
5. What is the important event that occurs in the springtime for Gerutha.
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)