|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what season do Gerutha and Horwendil get married?
2. Who is Laertes?
(a) Ona's father.
(b) Hamlet's father.
(c) Ophelia's brother.
(d) Gerutha's brother.
3. What does Gerutha do to pass the sleigh trip after the wedding?
(a) She practices sitting pretty.
(b) She talks sweetly to Horwendil.
(c) She makes thorny comments at Horwendil.
(d) She goes to sleep.
4. When Rorik asks Gerutha about the state of her marriage, how does she respond?
(a) She tells Rorik that her marriage is in excellent shape.
(b) She tells Rorick that she has never been happier.
(c) She tells Rorick that it is a profitable business.
(d) She tells Rorik that it is a terrible marriage and it is his fault.
5. What advise does Corambus give Gerutha to make her think less about her marriage?
(a) He tells her to sleep more.
(b) He tells her to speak to Horwendil about her feelings.
(c) He tells her to stop gossiping and be a better wife.
(d) He tells her to read less and exercise more.
6. Why don't Gerutha and Horwendil have more children?
(a) They try, but Gerutha is unable to get pregnant.
(b) Horwendil does not want more children.
(c) They can't afford to have more children.
(d) Gerutha does not want more children.
7. How old is Gerutha when the story begins?
8. What words best describe Gerutha as a wife?
(a) Happy, bubbly, and talkative.
(b) Sad, quiet, and sulky.
(c) Good, compliant, and gracious.
(d) Angry, thorny, and disrespectful.
9. The story begins in what country?
10. In the springtime after Gerutha and Horwendil's wedding, what is happening to Rorik?
(a) He is attacking the neighboring countries.
(b) He is moving to live with Gerutha and Horwendil.
(c) He is handing the crown over to Horwendil.
(d) He is becoming more sick and is dying.
11. Who was missing from Gerutha and Horwendil's wedding that upsets Horwendil?
(a) Gerutha's father, Rorik.
(b) His brother, Feng.
(c) His mother.
(d) His uncle.
12. What character seems to agree with Amleth the most?
(a) Rorik, his grandfather.
(b) Yorik, the court jester.
(c) Horwendil, his father.
(d) Ona, his grandmother.
13. How does Horwendil respond to Gerutha's thorniness?
(a) He becomes angry and violent.
(b) He becomes frusterated and leaves her.
(c) He is amused.
(d) He loves her more.
14. Which statement best describes Gerutha's attitude about marrying Horwendil?
(a) Nervous and scared.
(b) Calm and quiet.
(c) Reluctant and intolerant.
(d) Overjoyed and excited.
15. What is made clear about Gerutha's opinion of Horwendil?
(a) The she thinks he has the ability to be romantic.
(b) That she thinks he is ugly and undesirable.
(c) That she thinks he will be a good husband.
(d) That she thinks he is selfish brute.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Gerutha confide in when she becomes worried about Amleth's moodiness?
2. What does Gerutha think about Horwendil?
3. What characteristic about Horwendil is enticing to Gerutha?
4. What words best describe Amleth as a baby and child?
5. What does Gerutha fear about being attracted to a man?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)