Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The story is a prequel to what other famous drama?
(a) A Christmas Carol.
(b) The Twelfth Night.
(c) Romeo and Juliet.
2. Why does Gerutha's back hurt during her wedding day?
(a) Because she hurt herself horseback riding.
(b) Beacuse she had to sleep on the floor the night before.
(c) Because she hurt herself dancing.
(d) Because her dress is very heavy and she is wearing many jewels.
3. How does Rorik attempt to change Gerutha's opinion of Horwendil?
(a) He explains to her that it is her duty to marry Horwendil.
(b) He reminds her that she can not have an opinion because she is a woman.
(c) He tells her a fairytale.
(d) He tells her the story of Ona and himself.
4. What is made clear about Horwendil's intentions with Gerutha?
(a) He intends to be honest and trustworthy with her.
(b) He is interested in being a loving husband.
(c) He intends to marry her to increase his own position and wealth.
(d) He intends to be a good husband and ruler.
5. Why don't Gerutha and Horwendil have more children?
(a) Horwendil does not want more children.
(b) Gerutha does not want more children.
(c) They can't afford to have more children.
(d) They try, but Gerutha is unable to get pregnant.
6. What happened to Gerutha´s mother, Ona, when Gertrude was three years old?
(a) Her mother was removed from the family.
(b) Her mother died.
(c) Her mother left the family to live in France.
(d) Her mother disappeared.
7. How old is Gerutha when the story begins?
8. What does Feng give Gerutha as a gift during her visit?
(a) A love letter.
(b) A falcon.
(c) A locket.
(d) A horse.
9. At what age does Feng return to Denmark?
10. What is made clear about Gerutha's opinion of Horwendil?
(a) That she thinks he will be a good husband.
(b) That she thinks he is selfish brute.
(c) That she thinks he is ugly and undesirable.
(d) The she thinks he has the ability to be romantic.
11. What is the important event that occurs in the springtime for Gerutha.
(a) She throws an extravagent brithday party.
(b) She goes to visit her mother.
(c) She finds out she is pregnant.
(d) She becomes queen.
12. Gerutha feels that her feelings for Amleth are inadequate as a mother. What does she believe is the source of this?
(a) Gerutha believes it is because she doesn´t love Horwendil.
(b) Gerutha believes it is because Horwedil is cold emotionally.
(c) Gerutha does not know and is confused with her feelings.
(d) Gerutha thinks it is because Amleth was a difficult child.
13. How does Rorik respond to his daughter´s strong opinion of marriage?
(a) He sends her away to England.
(b) He maintains a sense of humor but is stern.
(c) He promises to find a different husband for her.
(d) He trys to bribe her with more money.
14. Which of the following is NOT a name in Part 1?
15. Where do Gerutha and Horwendil go immediately after their wedding?
(a) To Feng's house because he missing the wedding.
(b) To Elsinore.
(c) To Odinsheim, Horwedil's home.
(d) To Horwendil's manor next to Elsinore.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advise does Corambus give Gerutha to make her think less about her marriage?
2. Which character starts the story as a wise councilor?
3. Who is Laertes?
4. Where do the names in Part 2 of the story come from?
5. Who was missing from Gerutha and Horwendil's wedding that upsets Horwendil?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)