|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Amleth like his father?
(a) Amleth is very brutish like his father.
(b) Amleth likes to hunt with his father.
(c) Amleth is very Jutish and behaves like a nobleman.
(d) Amleth is a weak warrior.
2. What happened to Gerutha´s mother, Ona, when Gertrude was three years old?
(a) Her mother disappeared.
(b) Her mother was removed from the family.
(c) Her mother left the family to live in France.
(d) Her mother died.
3. What does Rorik believe about love?
(a) That love is not necessary in a marriage.
(b) That love must be earned by good deeds.
(c) That love comes naturally between a man and a woman.
(d) That love is a silly idea for weak men.
4. What other event occurs on the same day Gerutha gives birth?
(a) Horwendil defeats and kills Fortinbras of Norway.
(b) Horwendil becomes king.
(c) Horwendil leaves Gerutha for another woman.
(d) Rorik dies.
5. What is the important event that occurs in the springtime for Gerutha.
(a) She finds out she is pregnant.
(b) She throws an extravagent brithday party.
(c) She goes to visit her mother.
(d) She becomes queen.
6. Which character is the most emotionally distant?
7. In what season do Gerutha and Horwendil get married?
8. What is Gerutha's interpretation of the songbirds singing?
(a) That they are singing about their imprisionment.
(b) That they are singing about their happiness.
(c) That they are singing about their past.
(d) That they are singing about love.
9. How does Rorik attempt to change Gerutha's opinion of Horwendil?
(a) He tells her the story of Ona and himself.
(b) He explains to her that it is her duty to marry Horwendil.
(c) He reminds her that she can not have an opinion because she is a woman.
(d) He tells her a fairytale.
10. What characteristic about Horwendil is enticing to Gerutha?
(a) He writes poetry and is very intelligent.
(b) He is romantic and desires her attention.
(c) He constantly dismisses her attempts to rouse him.
(d) He is athletic and strong.
11. Why does Rorik believe that Horwendil is a good match for his daughter?
(a) Horwendil is a rich merchant.
(b) Horwendil is a great athlete.
(c) Horwendil is a brave and well-loved ruler.
(d) Horwendil is an excellent father.
12. Where do Gerutha and Horwendil go immediately after their wedding?
(a) To Feng's house because he missing the wedding.
(b) To Horwendil's manor next to Elsinore.
(c) To Elsinore.
(d) To Odinsheim, Horwedil's home.
13. What is Gerutha's explanation for spending so much time with Feng?
(a) That she helps Feng to study German.
(b) That she is Feng's only company, since Horwendil is often busy.
(c) That she feels badly for him since he often sulks in loneliness.
(d) That she simply is concerned for his health.
14. What does Corambus say about Amleth's moodiness?
(a) That perhaps they are just roles he is trying on for size.
(b) That perhaps he is unbalanced or addled in the brain.
(c) That Amleth is an angry boy and he show it as moodiness.
(d) That Amleth is very weak and so he is moody.
15. What does Gerutha do to pass the sleigh trip after the wedding?
(a) She practices sitting pretty.
(b) She goes to sleep.
(c) She makes thorny comments at Horwendil.
(d) She talks sweetly to Horwendil.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was missing from Gerutha and Horwendil's wedding that upsets Horwendil?
2. What word best describes Feng´s feelings toward his bother Horwendil?
3. Which of the following is NOT a name in Part 3?
4. How does Rorik respond to his daughter´s strong opinion of marriage?
5. Why is the importance of displaying the bloody bed sheet?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)