|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the original ancient Hamlet legend come from?
(a) Historia Danica of Saxo Grammaticus.
(c) Ancient greek mythology.
(d) John Updike.
2. Which word best describes Horwendil's behavior with the songbirds that he has given Gerutha?
3. Which statement is true about Gerutha?
(a) She is from France.
(b) She is the only child of King Rorick.
(c) She is in love with Horwendil.
(d) She lives with her mother.
4. What does Gerutha think about Horwendil?
(a) That he manipulates her father.
(b) That he abuses his bother Feng.
(c) That he fights just to prove his bravery.
(d) That he uses people for his own selfish ambitions.
5. What does Corambus say about Amleth's moodiness?
(a) That Amleth is an angry boy and he show it as moodiness.
(b) That perhaps he is unbalanced or addled in the brain.
(c) That Amleth is very weak and so he is moody.
(d) That perhaps they are just roles he is trying on for size.
6. What is Gerutha's interpretation of the songbirds singing?
(a) That they are singing about their imprisionment.
(b) That they are singing about their happiness.
(c) That they are singing about their past.
(d) That they are singing about love.
7. At what age does Feng return to Denmark?
8. Who is Ljot related to?
9. Why does Gerutha's back hurt during her wedding day?
(a) Because she hurt herself dancing.
(b) Because her dress is very heavy and she is wearing many jewels.
(c) Beacuse she had to sleep on the floor the night before.
(d) Because she hurt herself horseback riding.
10. How long do guests stay at Elsinore for the wedding?
(a) One month.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Two days.
(d) One week.
11. What words best describe Amleth as a baby and child?
(a) Sickly and disagreeable.
(b) Quiet and slow.
(c) Happy and simple.
(d) Energetic and sunny.
12. How does Horwendil respond to Gerutha's thorniness?
(a) He loves her more.
(b) He becomes angry and violent.
(c) He becomes frusterated and leaves her.
(d) He is amused.
13. Which character benefits the least by the marriage of Gerutha and Horwendil?
14. Who is Horwendil's squire?
(d) Corambus' son.
15. The story begins in what country?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Gerutha want to name her son?
2. How is Feng different with Gerutha than with other women?
3. Why does Feng leave Denmark?
4. Why does Rorik believe that Horwendil is a good match for his daughter?
5. How does Rorik respond to his daughter´s strong opinion of marriage?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)