|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character reflects on a difficulty in loving Hamlet?
(a) King Hamlet.
2. Which of the following is a name in Part 3?
3. What doesn't Gerutha enjoy about her visit to Feng's estate?
(a) She doesn't like the conversations with Feng.
(b) She doesn't like the idea of falconry.
(c) She doesn't like the food.
(d) She doesn't like riding with Feng.
4. What other event occurs on the same day Gerutha gives birth?
(a) Horwendil leaves Gerutha for another woman.
(b) Horwendil defeats and kills Fortinbras of Norway.
(c) Rorik dies.
(d) Horwendil becomes king.
5. Which word best describes Horwendil's behavior with the songbirds that he has given Gerutha?
6. Who does Gerutha confide in when she becomes worried about Amleth's moodiness?
(c) Her chambermaid.
(d) Her father.
7. Which character starts the story as a wise councilor?
8. Who was missing from Gerutha and Horwendil's wedding that upsets Horwendil?
(a) His mother.
(b) His uncle.
(c) Gerutha's father, Rorik.
(d) His brother, Feng.
9. Which statement best describes Gerutha's attitude about marrying Horwendil?
(a) Reluctant and intolerant.
(b) Nervous and scared.
(c) Calm and quiet.
(d) Overjoyed and excited.
10. Where do the names in Part 3 of the story come from?
(a) From an old English reprint of the second edition.
(b) From Shakespeare's previous drama, since the story is a sequel.
(c) From the source used by Shakespeare, which was probably German in origin.
(d) From John Updike's sources.
11. How does Rorik attempt to change Gerutha's opinion of Horwendil?
(a) He explains to her that it is her duty to marry Horwendil.
(b) He tells her the story of Ona and himself.
(c) He tells her a fairytale.
(d) He reminds her that she can not have an opinion because she is a woman.
12. Which of the following is a name in Part 1?
13. What character seems to agree with Amleth the most?
(a) Rorik, his grandfather.
(b) Yorik, the court jester.
(c) Ona, his grandmother.
(d) Horwendil, his father.
14. Who is Magrit married to?
15. Where do Gerutha and Horwendil go immediately after their wedding?
(a) To Odinsheim, Horwedil's home.
(b) To Elsinore.
(c) To Feng's house because he missing the wedding.
(d) To Horwendil's manor next to Elsinore.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advise does Corambus give Gerutha to make her think less about her marriage?
2. How does Horwendil respond to Gerutha's thorniness?
3. Who is Ona related to?
4. What is Gerutha's explanation for spending so much time with Feng?
5. Who is Ophelia?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)