|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rorik believe about love?
(a) That love comes naturally between a man and a woman.
(b) That love is a silly idea for weak men.
(c) That love is not necessary in a marriage.
(d) That love must be earned by good deeds.
2. Why does Feng leave Denmark?
(a) To battle in other countries.
(b) To flee his angry brother.
(c) To escape the temptation of Gerutha.
(d) To study in a university.
3. What doesn't Gerutha enjoy about her visit to Feng's estate?
(a) She doesn't like riding with Feng.
(b) She doesn't like the idea of falconry.
(c) She doesn't like the conversations with Feng.
(d) She doesn't like the food.
4. Who is Ljot related to?
5. Where do Gerutha and Horwendil go immediately after their wedding?
(a) To Feng's house because he missing the wedding.
(b) To Elsinore.
(c) To Horwendil's manor next to Elsinore.
(d) To Odinsheim, Horwedil's home.
6. Who was missing from Gerutha and Horwendil's wedding that upsets Horwendil?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His mother.
(c) Gerutha's father, Rorik.
(d) His brother, Feng.
7. Why does Gerutha move back to Elsinore?
(a) To become queen.
(b) To give birth to her son.
(c) To make Horwendil angry.
(d) To take care of her father.
8. What is the important event that occurs in the springtime for Gerutha.
(a) She finds out she is pregnant.
(b) She becomes queen.
(c) She throws an extravagent brithday party.
(d) She goes to visit her mother.
9. Who is Gerwendil?
(a) Rorik's father.
(b) Svend's brother.
(c) Horwendil's father.
(d) Gerutha's brother.
10. How does Horwendil respond to Gerutha's thorniness?
(a) He becomes frusterated and leaves her.
(b) He loves her more.
(c) He becomes angry and violent.
(d) He is amused.
11. What happens to Horwendil as he becomes a more accomplished king?
(a) He becomes more interested in other women.
(b) He becomes increasingly more distant to Gerutha.
(c) He becomes more romantic.
(d) He becomes a much better warrior with age.
12. Why does Gerutha feel snubbed by Horwendil on their wedding night?
(a) Because Horwendil did not want to talk to her.
(b) Because Horwendil did not take an interest in her sexually.
(c) Because Horwendil did not want to sleep next to her.
(d) Because Horwendil did not dance with her.
13. Which of the following is NOT a name in Part 3?
14. At what age does Feng return to Denmark?
15. What does Gerutha think about Horwendil?
(a) That he fights just to prove his bravery.
(b) That he manipulates her father.
(c) That he uses people for his own selfish ambitions.
(d) That he abuses his bother Feng.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Gerutha´s handmaiden?
2. Which of the following is NOT a name in Part 1?
3. Why don't Gerutha and Horwendil have more children?
4. What is Gerutha's interpretation of the songbirds singing?
5. The story is a prequel to what other famous drama?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)