|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is a name in Part 2?
2. In what city does the Hamlet story have a history of being printed?
(b) New York.
3. Why does Rorik believe that Horwendil is a good match for his daughter?
(a) Horwendil is an excellent father.
(b) Horwendil is a brave and well-loved ruler.
(c) Horwendil is a rich merchant.
(d) Horwendil is a great athlete.
4. How is Feng different with Gerutha than with other women?
(a) With Gerutha he is hasty and rude.
(b) With Gerutha he is hot tempered and violent.
(c) With Gerutha he is well-behaved and attentive.
(d) With Gerutha he is a wild flirt.
5. What advise does Corambus give Gerutha to make her think less about her marriage?
(a) He tells her to read less and exercise more.
(b) He tells her to sleep more.
(c) He tells her to speak to Horwendil about her feelings.
(d) He tells her to stop gossiping and be a better wife.
6. Why does Gerutha use the phrase ". . . no woman wants to be a mere piece of furniture, to be bartered for and then sat upon?"
(a) To explain to her father her feelings about being promised to Horwendil.
(b) To insult Horwendil's intelligence.
(c) To state her opinion of Horwendil.
(d) To clearify her feelings about bar stools.
7. How does Horwendil respond to Gerutha's thorniness?
(a) He becomes frusterated and leaves her.
(b) He becomes angry and violent.
(c) He is amused.
(d) He loves her more.
8. Who is Ljot related to?
9. How old is Gerutha on her wedding day?
(a) Twenty years old.
(b) Eighteen years old.
(c) Thirty years old.
(d) Seventeen years old.
10. Which character reflects on a difficulty in loving Hamlet?
(c) King Hamlet.
11. Who is Feng's Falconer?
12. What does Gerutha do to pass the sleigh trip after the wedding?
(a) She practices sitting pretty.
(b) She talks sweetly to Horwendil.
(c) She makes thorny comments at Horwendil.
(d) She goes to sleep.
13. When do Feng's thoughts over Gerutha become evident in the story?
(a) After he kisses her.
(b) After he is wounded in battle.
(c) After he is sickened and dying.
(d) After he leaves Denmark.
14. In what season do Gerutha and Horwendil get married?
15. In the springtime after Gerutha and Horwendil's wedding, what is happening to Rorik?
(a) He is handing the crown over to Horwendil.
(b) He is becoming more sick and is dying.
(c) He is moving to live with Gerutha and Horwendil.
(d) He is attacking the neighboring countries.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Gerutha want to name her son?
2. What happened to Gerutha´s mother, Ona, when Gertrude was three years old?
3. Who is Ona related to?
4. Who is Magrit married to?
5. What characteristic about Horwendil is enticing to Gerutha?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)