|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Horwendil's squire?
(b) Corambus' son.
2. In the springtime after Gerutha and Horwendil's wedding, what is happening to Rorik?
(a) He is attacking the neighboring countries.
(b) He is handing the crown over to Horwendil.
(c) He is moving to live with Gerutha and Horwendil.
(d) He is becoming more sick and is dying.
3. Who is Ona related to?
4. Why does Rorik believe that Horwendil is a good match for his daughter?
(a) Horwendil is a great athlete.
(b) Horwendil is a rich merchant.
(c) Horwendil is an excellent father.
(d) Horwendil is a brave and well-loved ruler.
5. Why does Gerutha feel snubbed by Horwendil on their wedding night?
(a) Because Horwendil did not take an interest in her sexually.
(b) Because Horwendil did not want to sleep next to her.
(c) Because Horwendil did not want to talk to her.
(d) Because Horwendil did not dance with her.
6. Why are there Christian priests in Jutland?
(a) Because they sent successful missionaries twenty years before.
(b) Because they were persecuted in their home country.
(c) Because they were allowed in for conversation by the previous king.
(d) Because of political reasons.
7. Who is Magrit married to?
8. In what city does the Hamlet story have a history of being printed?
(a) New York.
9. How does Horwendil respond to Gerutha's thorniness?
(a) He is amused.
(b) He becomes angry and violent.
(c) He becomes frusterated and leaves her.
(d) He loves her more.
10. Why is the importance of displaying the bloody bed sheet?
(a) It proves that any son born by Gerutha is from Horwendil.
(b) It means that Gerutha is sick.
(c) It means that Horwendil is having an affair.
(d) It proves that Gerutha was not a virgin.
11. Which character starts the story as a wise councilor?
12. Who is Feng's Falconer?
13. What is unfair about how Rorik treats Horwendil compared to how he treats Feng?
(a) Rorik allows Feng to visit Gerutha more than Horwendil.
(b) Rorik gives Horwendil a larger manor than Feng when the brothers come to visit.
(c) Rorik pays Horwendil double the money of Feng, although the brothers completed the same service.
(d) Rorik allows Feng to hunt with his horses during the their visit.
14. What other event occurs on the same day Gerutha gives birth?
(a) Horwendil leaves Gerutha for another woman.
(b) Horwendil becomes king.
(c) Horwendil defeats and kills Fortinbras of Norway.
(d) Rorik dies.
15. How do Gerutha and Feng usually pass their time together?
(a) Eating and drinking.
(b) Hunting or riding.
(c) In games of chess or cards.
(d) In conversations of topics that interest them both.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Horwendil make the songbirds sing for Gerutha?
2. Which of the following is a name in Part 1?
3. How does Rorik respond to his daughter´s strong opinion of marriage?
4. What does the situation with the songbirds reveal about Horwendil's personality?
5. Which of the following is a name in Part 3?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)