|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 Section 1 (page 163 to 187).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is the most emotionally distant?
2. What does Horvendil think of Geruthe's actions in the affair?
(a) He believes that she was an evil woman all along.
(b) He believes she was lead into sin by Fengon.
(c) He believes she should be severely punished.
(d) He believes that she planned it all herself and should be punished accordingly.
3. What does Fengon do that starts his meeting with Geruthe badly?
(a) He enters the lodge in a very rough and awkward manner.
(b) He gives Geruthe a rose.
(c) He falls on the steps and injures his knee.
(d) He tells Geruthe that she could look better.
4. When do Feng's thoughts over Gerutha become evident in the story?
(a) After he leaves Denmark.
(b) After he is sickened and dying.
(c) After he kisses her.
(d) After he is wounded in battle.
5. Who was missing from Gerutha and Horwendil's wedding that upsets Horwendil?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His mother.
(c) Gerutha's father, Rorik.
(d) His brother, Feng.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ophelia describe Hamlet to Gertrude?
2. What does Geruthe suggest to Fengon as a solution to their affections for each other?
3. What word does Fengon use to describe love?
4. Which is evidence that Horwendil does not really love Gerutha?
5. What is unfair about how Rorik treats Horwendil compared to how he treats Feng?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)