|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 Section 1 (page 163 to 187).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Gerutha use the phrase ". . . no woman wants to be a mere piece of furniture, to be bartered for and then sat upon?"
(a) To explain to her father her feelings about being promised to Horwendil.
(b) To clearify her feelings about bar stools.
(c) To state her opinion of Horwendil.
(d) To insult Horwendil's intelligence.
2. What did Geruthe realize about the falcon once it was too late?
(a) That the bird was violent.
(b) That the bird was not worth any money.
(c) That she let the bird get sick.
(d) That she did not value the falcon until it was gone.
3. What is the important event that occurs in the springtime for Gerutha.
(a) She finds out she is pregnant.
(b) She goes to visit her mother.
(c) She becomes queen.
(d) She throws an extravagent brithday party.
4. What is Gerutha's interpretation of the songbirds singing?
(a) That they are singing about their past.
(b) That they are singing about their imprisionment.
(c) That they are singing about love.
(d) That they are singing about their happiness.
5. What happened to Gerutha´s mother, Ona, when Gertrude was three years old?
(a) Her mother disappeared.
(b) Her mother died.
(c) Her mother left the family to live in France.
(d) Her mother was removed from the family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the importance of displaying the bloody bed sheet?
2. What does Geruthe do immediately after she is kissed by Fengon in the royal palace?
3. In Horvendil's words, what is the cause of people suffering?
4. What do Fengon and Corambis speculate about how the king died?
5. How old is Gerutha on her wedding day?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)