|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Section 2 (page 93 to 128).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Corambus resentful of Horwendil?
(a) Because Horwendil will not listen to his counciling.
(b) Because Corambus is in love with Gerutha.
(c) Because Horwendil conspired to kill Rorik.
(d) Because Horwendil moves into Elsinore before he is officially named king.
2. Which words best describe Feng?
(a) Attractive and entertaining.
(b) Melancholic and violent.
(c) Forceful and brutish.
(d) Artistic and quiet.
3. In the springtime after Gerutha and Horwendil's wedding, what is happening to Rorik?
(a) He is becoming more sick and is dying.
(b) He is handing the crown over to Horwendil.
(c) He is attacking the neighboring countries.
(d) He is moving to live with Gerutha and Horwendil.
4. How does Gerutha feel about the way Horwendil treats her?
(a) Gerutha feels that Horwendil only cherishes her for his public position.
(b) Gerutha feels that Horwendil is a good king and very romantic.
(c) Gerutha feels that Horwendil is violent and she is afraid of him.
(d) Gerutha feels that Horwendil will become more romantic as they gain more experience together.
5. Who is Gerwendil?
(a) Gerutha's brother.
(b) Horwendil's father.
(c) Svend's brother.
(d) Rorik's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Gerutha want to name her son?
2. Which character benefits the least by the marriage of Gerutha and Horwendil?
3. Where does the original ancient Hamlet legend come from?
4. What characteristic about Horwendil is enticing to Gerutha?
5. Why don't Gerutha and Horwendil have more children?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)