|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Section 1 (page 79 to 92).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Horwendil respond to Gerutha's thorniness?
(a) He is amused.
(b) He becomes angry and violent.
(c) He loves her more.
(d) He becomes frusterated and leaves her.
2. What is Geruthe's first response to hearing Fengon describe his vow?
(a) She tells Fengon that she could never love him.
(b) She leaves the room for air.
(c) She tells Fengon of her love for him.
(d) She tries to make jest of it.
3. Which character reflects on a difficulty in loving Hamlet?
(b) King Hamlet.
4. Where do the names in Part 3 of the story come from?
(a) From the source used by Shakespeare, which was probably German in origin.
(b) From an old English reprint of the second edition.
(c) From Shakespeare's previous drama, since the story is a sequel.
(d) From John Updike's sources.
5. Why does Gerutha's back hurt during her wedding day?
(a) Because she hurt herself horseback riding.
(b) Because her dress is very heavy and she is wearing many jewels.
(c) Beacuse she had to sleep on the floor the night before.
(d) Because she hurt herself dancing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the original ancient Hamlet legend come from?
2. Which of the following is NOT a name in Part 1?
3. Which word best describes Horwendil's behavior with the songbirds that he has given Gerutha?
4. What has Fengon made a vow of renunciation for?
5. The story is a prequel to what other famous drama?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)