|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Section 1 (page 79 to 92).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Horwendil respond to Gerutha's thorniness?
(a) He becomes angry and violent.
(b) He loves her more.
(c) He becomes frusterated and leaves her.
(d) He is amused.
2. What is unfair about how Rorik treats Horwendil compared to how he treats Feng?
(a) Rorik gives Horwendil a larger manor than Feng when the brothers come to visit.
(b) Rorik pays Horwendil double the money of Feng, although the brothers completed the same service.
(c) Rorik allows Feng to hunt with his horses during the their visit.
(d) Rorik allows Feng to visit Gerutha more than Horwendil.
3. What does Horwendil talk about on the trip after their wedding?
(a) He talks about how beautiful Gerutha is.
(b) He talks about how he will make a great king.
(c) He talks about how fun the party was.
(d) He talks about who was and was not at their wedding.
4. Where does the original ancient Hamlet legend come from?
(b) Historia Danica of Saxo Grammaticus.
(c) John Updike.
(d) Ancient greek mythology.
5. What does Rorik believe about love?
(a) That love is a silly idea for weak men.
(b) That love is not necessary in a marriage.
(c) That love comes naturally between a man and a woman.
(d) That love must be earned by good deeds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one reason Horvendil wants his son, Hamblet, to return from school?
2. What does the situation with the songbirds reveal about Horwendil's personality?
3. When do Feng's thoughts over Gerutha become evident in the story?
4. What has Fengon made a vow of renunciation for?
5. Which statement best describes Gerutha's attitude about marrying Horwendil?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)