|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has come to Montsou because of the strike?
(a) the army
(b) the governor
(c) private detectives
(d) the mine owners
2. What does Etienne ask Catherine?
(a) that she move in with him
(b) for some money
(c) that she kill Chaval
(d) that she start back to work
3. What happens to Alzire?
(a) he dies
(b) he goes back to work
(c) he becomes disabled
(d) he gets better
4. How does Lantier try to help the negotiation process?
(a) destroying a mine shaft
(b) meeting with Hennebeau
(c) keeping food from the wealthy
(d) killing a mine owner
5. Where do the miners go when they leave the Hennebeaus?
(a) to the tavern
(c) to the grocery store
(d) to church
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hennebeau ignore the miners?
2. What causes an explosion at the Jean-Bart mine?
3. What do the miners do to the soldiers?
4. Who owns the Jean-Bart mine?
5. When is the provident fund started by Etienne empty?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)