|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes an explosion at the Jean-Bart mine?
(a) dynamite lit by miners
(b) coal dust igniting
(c) timbers that catch on fire
(d) a fired lamp
2. Why do the miners organize a meeting in the forest?
(a) to march to Paris
(b) to plan a bank robbery
(c) to find deer for food
(d) to discuss Jean-Bart
3. Where does Etienne see Jeanlin go one evening?
(a) through a hidden hole
(b) to Chaval
(c) to the Hennebeaus'
(d) to Denneulin
4. What is hiding like for Etienne?
(a) like a game
(c) it has no effect on him
5. What do the miners do when the Grégoires pull up to the Hennebeaus' house?
(b) pull them out and kill them
(c) suround them and chant
(d) attack the carriage
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Montsou miners do at the Mirou pit?
2. Why is it difficult for the miners to get out of the Jean-Bart mine when the cables are cut?
3. How much do the miners' actions at the Jean-Bart mine affect work there?
4. How does Etienne help Jeanlin?
5. What does the owner of the Jean-Bart mine think will happen if the miners strike his mine?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)