|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Grégoire feel about what the miners want?
(a) he hates them
(b) he's indifferent to them
(c) he agrees with them
(d) they should be content with what they have
2. What do the workers do at the Hennebeaus' house?
(a) chant and demonstrate
(b) throw rocks in the windows
(c) burn it down
(d) attend a party
3. What do the Montsou miners do to the Jean-Bart mine?
(a) they destroy it
(b) they flood it
(c) they burn it
4. What does Pluchart say are the union's goals?
(a) to destroy the mines
(b) to help all people, rich and poor
(c) to make everyone rich
(d) the emancipation of the workers
5. What does Etienne think about his position as leader in the strike?
(a) he's depressed about it
(b) he doesn't want it
(c) he doesn't think he can do it
(d) it's a lot of responsibility
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose life does Lantier save when the Montsou miners are angry at Jean-Bart?
2. Why is it difficult for the miners to get out of the Jean-Bart mine when the cables are cut?
3. Why does Lantier set up a meeting with the miners?
4. What do the Montsou miners do when the Jean-Bart miners come to the surface?
5. What do the miners do at the entrance to the mine?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)