|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Montsou miners do when the Jean-Bart miners come to the surface?
(a) beat them up
(b) throw rocks at them
(c) line up so they have to walk through them
(d) yell at them
2. What causes an explosion at the Jean-Bart mine?
(a) a fired lamp
(b) coal dust igniting
(c) dynamite lit by miners
(d) timbers that catch on fire
3. What do the Montsu miners do after they are finished at the Jean-Bart mine?
(a) tear down Deneulin's house
(b) head to the Hennebeaus
(c) go home
(d) go to other mines
4. Why is life at the Maheus so difficult?
(a) Catherine is dying
(b) LaMaheude is crippled
(c) Bonnemorte has died
(d) no food or heat
5. Where does Etienne see Jeanlin go one evening?
(a) to Denneulin
(b) through a hidden hole
(c) to the Hennebeaus'
(d) to Chaval
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the mines left working after the strike has spread?
2. How does Deneulin respond to Etienne's request?
3. What does Etienne ask Catherine?
4. What does Etienne see Jeanlin do?
5. When is the provident fund started by Etienne empty?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)