|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is hiding like for Etienne?
(b) it has no effect on him
(c) like a game
2. What does the mine owners announce Négrel is doing?
(b) going to bring back foreign miners
(c) going to shut down the mine permanently
(d) going to revamp the mine
3. What does Maheu ask of Hennebeau?
(a) justice and for bread every day
(b) for money to feed his family
(c) to be made a supervisor in the mine
(d) to join the union
4. How does Lantier try to help the negotiation process?
(a) meeting with Hennebeau
(b) killing a mine owner
(c) destroying a mine shaft
(d) keeping food from the wealthy
5. Who owns the Jean-Bart mine?
(b) Jacques Lefattle
(d) Léon Grégoire
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Etienne ask Catherine?
2. What happens when the Borains arrive at the mine to work?
3. Why does Hennebeau ignore the miners?
4. How do the miners feel about the Borains?
5. Whose life does Lantier save when the Montsou miners are angry at Jean-Bart?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)