|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What major character is killed at the confrontation at the mine?
2. What does Chaval announce when he comes to the Advantage during the strike?
(a) he's going to Paris
(b) he is going to marry Catherine
(c) he will return to work
(d) he's now a supervisor
3. How does the union help the miners?
(a) it provides money
(b) it provides food
(c) it doesn't
(d) it brings in people to help the miners win
4. Where does Lantier hide?
(a) in Jeanlin's burrow
(b) in the forest
(c) in Paris
(d) in the Advantage
5. How does each supervisor or mine director get out of dealing with the miners?
(a) they leave town
(b) they ignore them
(c) they claim to have no authority
(d) they get police protection
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lantier set up a meeting with the miners?
2. Where does Etienne see Jeanlin go one evening?
3. Who do the women go to for food?
4. What do the workers do at the Hennebeaus' house?
5. What do the miners do to the soldiers?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)