|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lantier try to help the negotiation process?
(a) destroying a mine shaft
(b) killing a mine owner
(c) keeping food from the wealthy
(d) meeting with Hennebeau
2. What happens after Chaval makes his announcement at the Advantage?
(a) other miners congratulate him
(b) Lantier and he fight
(d) he leaves
3. Why is it difficult for the miners to get out of the Jean-Bart mine when the cables are cut?
(a) the carts are destroyed
(b) the safety ladders are destroyed
(c) the tunnel is flooded
(d) the number of miners
4. What job does Négrel hold at the mine?
(a) a hewer
(b) an engineer
(c) a carter
(d) a supervisor
5. What major character is killed at the confrontation at the mine?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Montsu miners do after they are finished at the Jean-Bart mine?
2. What does Maheu ask of Hennebeau?
3. What happens when the Borains arrive at the mine to work?
4. What do the miners decide to do about Jean-Bart?
5. What does Etienne see Jeanlin do?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)