|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Etienne talk about with his new friend?
(a) the war
(c) the strike
(d) their families and homes
2. What do the Montsou miners do at the Mirou pit?
(a) destroy it
(c) try to force the workers to stop
(d) burn it
3. Who is knocked out in the Jean-Bart explosion?
4. What does Rasseneur feel about the strike?
(a) excited that it happened
(b) it's useless and absurd
(c) it should go on
(d) it's working
5. What does Pluchart say are the union's goals?
(a) to help all people, rich and poor
(b) to make everyone rich
(c) the emancipation of the workers
(d) to destroy the mines
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the miners do when the Grégoires pull up to the Hennebeaus' house?
2. What does Etienne think about his position as leader in the strike?
3. Why does Etienne come out from hiding?
4. Whose life does Lantier save when the Montsou miners are angry at Jean-Bart?
5. Who comes to visit the Maheus when Alzire is sick?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)