|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does each supervisor or mine director get out of dealing with the miners?
(a) they leave town
(b) they claim to have no authority
(c) they ignore them
(d) they get police protection
2. By January, what problem do the striking miners face?
(a) lack of sunshine
(b) thugs beating them up
(c) owners destroying the mines
(d) cold and hunger
3. What are the miners requesting at Hennebeau's house?
(a) better wages
(b) a share in the mine
(d) health care
4. What has come to Montsou because of the strike?
(a) the mine owners
(b) the governor
(c) the army
(d) private detectives
5. How does Etienne help Jeanlin?
(a) giving him a place to live
(b) giving him food
(c) to cover up his actions
(d) teaching him to read
Short Answer Questions
1. During the last part of the strike what are many of the miners' children doing?
2. What does the owner of the Jean-Bart mine think will happen if the miners strike his mine?
3. Why is it difficult for the miners to get out of the Jean-Bart mine when the cables are cut?
4. What is one of the mines left working after the strike has spread?
5. Why do the miners organize a meeting in the forest?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)