|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lantier hide?
(a) in Jeanlin's burrow
(b) in Paris
(c) in the forest
(d) in the Advantage
2. What does the mine owners announce Négrel is doing?
(a) going to bring back foreign miners
(b) going to shut down the mine permanently
(c) going to revamp the mine
3. Why do the miners organize a meeting in the forest?
(a) to march to Paris
(b) to plan a bank robbery
(c) to find deer for food
(d) to discuss Jean-Bart
4. What do the miners demand of Mr. Hennebeau?
(a) to shut down the mine
(b) to give them better health care
(c) to leave town
(d) to have a meeting
5. What does Maheu ask of Hennebeau?
(a) to join the union
(b) for money to feed his family
(c) to be made a supervisor in the mine
(d) justice and for bread every day
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the meeting of the miners and Lantier stopped early?
2. What causes an explosion at the Jean-Bart mine?
3. Why is it difficult for the miners to get out of the Jean-Bart mine when the cables are cut?
4. What do the workers do at the Hennebeaus' house?
5. What do the miners decide to do about Jean-Bart?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)