|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Montsou miners do when the Jean-Bart miners come to the surface?
(a) beat them up
(b) throw rocks at them
(c) yell at them
(d) line up so they have to walk through them
2. Who does the owner of the Jean-Bart mine convince to stop the strike?
3. What has come to Montsou because of the strike?
(a) the army
(b) private detectives
(c) the governor
(d) the mine owners
4. Why is it difficult for the miners to get out of the Jean-Bart mine when the cables are cut?
(a) the safety ladders are destroyed
(b) the carts are destroyed
(c) the tunnel is flooded
(d) the number of miners
5. What does Hennebeau tell the miners?
(a) he'll suspend rent payments on the homes
(b) he'll lower the prices in the grocery store
(c) he'll raise their salary
(d) he'll talk to his superiors
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens after Chaval makes his announcement at the Advantage?
2. Who owns the Jean-Bart mine?
3. Who comes to visit the Maheus when Alzire is sick?
4. What do the Montsou miners do at the Mirou pit?
5. How do the soldiers respond to the miners?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)