|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hennebeau ignore the miners?
(a) he hates poor people
(b) he doesn't understand their request
(c) he's worried about his marriage
(d) he doesn't care
2. How do the miners feel about the Borains?
(a) angry and betrayed
(d) happy for help
3. How much do the miners' actions at the Jean-Bart mine affect work there?
(a) it doesn't affect it
(b) it means the work force has to double
(c) it is now impossible
(d) it slows work down
4. What do the Montsu miners do after they are finished at the Jean-Bart mine?
(a) head to the Hennebeaus
(b) tear down Deneulin's house
(c) go to other mines
(d) go home
5. What happens when the Borains arrive at the mine to work?
(a) the miners on strike gather there
(b) the miners kill them
(d) Etienne talks them out of working
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the workers do at the Hennebeaus' house?
2. How does Lantier try to help the negotiation process?
3. Why is the meeting of the miners and Lantier stopped early?
4. Why is life at the Maheus so difficult?
5. Who intervenes at the Hennebearus' to save Cécile?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)