|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the meeting of the miners and Lantier stopped early?
(a) the miners decide to end the strike
(b) the police come
(c) the owners agree to the demands
(d) the miners attack him
2. What happens after Chaval makes his announcement at the Advantage?
(b) Lantier and he fight
(c) other miners congratulate him
(d) he leaves
3. What does Chaval announce when he comes to the Advantage during the strike?
(a) he will return to work
(b) he's going to Paris
(c) he is going to marry Catherine
(d) he's now a supervisor
4. What does Hennebeau tell the miners?
(a) he'll talk to his superiors
(b) he'll lower the prices in the grocery store
(c) he'll suspend rent payments on the homes
(d) he'll raise their salary
5. How does Etienne help Jeanlin?
(a) to cover up his actions
(b) teaching him to read
(c) giving him food
(d) giving him a place to live
Short Answer Questions
1. What has come to Montsou because of the strike?
2. Who is waiting for the Jean-Bart miners when they exit the mine?
3. Why is life at the Maheus so difficult?
4. How do the miners leave if the cable is cut?
5. What does Etienne talk about with his new friend?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)