|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is waiting for the Jean-Bart miners when they exit the mine?
(a) the Montsou miners
2. Why do the miners organize a meeting in the forest?
(a) to find deer for food
(b) to plan a bank robbery
(c) to march to Paris
(d) to discuss Jean-Bart
3. What does Chaval announce when he comes to the Advantage during the strike?
(a) he will return to work
(b) he is going to marry Catherine
(c) he's going to Paris
(d) he's now a supervisor
4. What does Pluchart say are the union's goals?
(a) to help all people, rich and poor
(b) to make everyone rich
(c) to destroy the mines
(d) the emancipation of the workers
5. What do the Montsou miners do to the Jean-Bart mine?
(a) they destroy it
(b) they flood it
(c) they burn it
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to visit the Maheus when Alzire is sick?
2. What is hiding like for Etienne?
3. What is one of the mines left working after the strike has spread?
4. What does the mine owners announce Négrel is doing?
5. How do the miners leave if the cable is cut?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)