|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who owns the Jean-Bart mine?
(b) Léon Grégoire
(c) Jacques Lefattle
2. What do the miners decide to do about Jean-Bart?
(a) destroy it
(b) kill the owner
(c) shut it down
(d) work there
3. By January, what problem do the striking miners face?
(a) lack of sunshine
(b) owners destroying the mines
(c) thugs beating them up
(d) cold and hunger
4. Who comes to the Maheu house with food for the family?
5. What do the Montsou miners do when the Jean-Bart miners come to the surface?
(a) throw rocks at them
(b) beat them up
(c) yell at them
(d) line up so they have to walk through them
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it difficult for the miners to get out of the Jean-Bart mine when the cables are cut?
2. What does Pluchart say are the union's goals?
3. What does Etienne think about his position as leader in the strike?
4. What does Chaval announce when he comes to the Advantage during the strike?
5. What does Maheu ask of Hennebeau?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)