|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the miners follow Lantier as a leader?
(a) he makes great speeches
(b) he is a college graduate
(c) he is from a wealthy family
(d) they agree with his ideas
2. What does Hennebeau tell the miners?
(a) he'll talk to his superiors
(b) he'll lower the prices in the grocery store
(c) he'll raise their salary
(d) he'll suspend rent payments on the homes
3. What major character is killed at the confrontation at the mine?
4. What does Etienne see Jeanlin do?
(a) kill Chaval
(b) burn the store
(c) kill the young soldier
(d) steal food
5. Why do the miners sign up with the union?
(a) they believe Pluchart's speech
(b) they think the union will bring down the rich
(c) they think the union will feed them
(d) they have no where else to turn
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Maigrat when he runs from the miners?
2. How does the union help the miners?
3. What does Maheu ask of Hennebeau?
4. What has come to Montsou because of the strike?
5. What does the mine owners announce Négrel is doing?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)