|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the workers do at the Hennebeaus' house?
(a) throw rocks in the windows
(b) burn it down
(c) chant and demonstrate
(d) attend a party
2. What does Pluchart say are the union's goals?
(a) to help all people, rich and poor
(b) the emancipation of the workers
(c) to make everyone rich
(d) to destroy the mines
3. Why do the miners organize a meeting in the forest?
(a) to discuss Jean-Bart
(b) to find deer for food
(c) to plan a bank robbery
(d) to march to Paris
4. During the last part of the strike what are many of the miners' children doing?
(a) vandalizing the managers' homes
(b) destroying the town
(c) looking for activities that will feed them
(d) attacking the rich children
5. How does Lantier try to help the negotiation process?
(a) keeping food from the wealthy
(b) meeting with Hennebeau
(c) destroying a mine shaft
(d) killing a mine owner
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maheu ask of Hennebeau?
2. How does the union help the miners?
3. What are the miners requesting at Hennebeau's house?
4. What major character is killed at the confrontation at the mine?
5. How do the miners leave if the cable is cut?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)