|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the miners demand of Mr. Hennebeau?
(a) to have a meeting
(b) to leave town
(c) to give them better health care
(d) to shut down the mine
2. What are the miners requesting at Hennebeau's house?
(a) health care
(b) better wages
(c) a share in the mine
3. What causes an explosion at the Jean-Bart mine?
(a) coal dust igniting
(b) a fired lamp
(c) dynamite lit by miners
(d) timbers that catch on fire
4. What does the mine owners announce Négrel is doing?
(a) going to shut down the mine permanently
(b) going to revamp the mine
(c) going to bring back foreign miners
5. What does the owner of the Jean-Bart mine think will happen if the miners strike his mine?
(a) he will go bankrupt
(b) his wife will leave him
(c) they will destroy the mine
(d) someone will be killed
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the union help the miners?
2. Who does the owner of the Jean-Bart mine convince to stop the strike?
3. How do the miners leave if the cable is cut?
4. Where does Lantier hide?
5. Who does Lantier get to know after he left hiding?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)