|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the miners follow Lantier as a leader?
(a) they agree with his ideas
(b) he is from a wealthy family
(c) he is a college graduate
(d) he makes great speeches
2. Why is it difficult for the miners to get out of the Jean-Bart mine when the cables are cut?
(a) the carts are destroyed
(b) the tunnel is flooded
(c) the number of miners
(d) the safety ladders are destroyed
3. Who comes to the Maheu house with food for the family?
4. What happens to Alzire?
(a) he gets better
(b) he dies
(c) he becomes disabled
(d) he goes back to work
5. When is the provident fund started by Etienne empty?
(a) in January
(b) by November
(c) by March
(d) by December
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Etienne ask Catherine?
2. What promise to Etienne does Chaval break?
3. Who intervenes at the Hennebearus' to save Cécile?
4. Why is the meeting of the miners and Lantier stopped early?
5. What do the miners do when the Grégoires pull up to the Hennebeaus' house?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)