|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose life does Lantier save when the Montsou miners are angry at Jean-Bart?
2. What has come to Montsou because of the strike?
(a) the army
(b) the governor
(c) private detectives
(d) the mine owners
3. What does the mine owners announce Négrel is doing?
(a) going to bring back foreign miners
(c) going to revamp the mine
(d) going to shut down the mine permanently
4. What does the owner of the Jean-Bart mine think will happen if the miners strike his mine?
(a) he will go bankrupt
(b) they will destroy the mine
(c) someone will be killed
(d) his wife will leave him
5. Who intervenes at the Hennebearus' to save Cécile?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the meeting of the miners and Lantier stopped early?
2. How does Grégoire feel about what the miners want?
3. Who comes to the Maheu house with food for the family?
4. Who owns the Jean-Bart mine?
5. What do the workers do at the Hennebeaus' house?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)