|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the miners do at the entrance to the mine?
(a) yell curses and insults
(b) destroy the cable
(c) kill the soldiers
(d) attack the Borains
2. What do the Montsou miners do when the Jean-Bart miners come to the surface?
(a) yell at them
(b) beat them up
(c) line up so they have to walk through them
(d) throw rocks at them
3. What do the miners do to the soldiers?
(a) push them back
(b) yell at them
(c) attack them
(d) throw them in the mine
4. How do the miners leave if the cable is cut?
(a) ropes thrown down
(b) walk the tunnel
(c) ride the mine carts
(d) safety ladders
5. What are the miners requesting at Hennebeau's house?
(a) health care
(b) better wages
(c) a share in the mine
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hennebeau ignore the miners?
2. What does Etienne see Jeanlin do?
3. How does each supervisor or mine director get out of dealing with the miners?
4. What happens when the Borains arrive at the mine to work?
5. Why do the miners follow Lantier as a leader?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)