|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What promise to Etienne does Chaval break?
(a) to help feed the Maheus
(b) to keep the Jean-Bart miners from working
(c) to help Jeanlin
(d) to let go of Catherine
2. What is one of the mines left working after the strike has spread?
3. What does Etienne talk about with his new friend?
(a) the strike
(b) their families and homes
(c) the war
4. Who has decided to cut the cable at the Jean-Bart mine?
(c) the Jean-Bart miners
(d) the miners from Montsou
5. How does Etienne help Jeanlin?
(a) teaching him to read
(b) giving him food
(c) to cover up his actions
(d) giving him a place to live
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Montsou miners do when the Jean-Bart miners come to the surface?
2. What do the miners do when the Grégoires pull up to the Hennebeaus' house?
3. What do the miners decide to do about Jean-Bart?
4. Why does Lantier decide to hide?
5. What do the miners do at the entrance to the mine?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)