|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the miners organize a meeting in the forest?
(a) to march to Paris
(b) to find deer for food
(c) to discuss Jean-Bart
(d) to plan a bank robbery
2. How does Etienne help Jeanlin?
(a) giving him food
(b) giving him a place to live
(c) teaching him to read
(d) to cover up his actions
3. What do the miners demand of Mr. Hennebeau?
(a) to leave town
(b) to give them better health care
(c) to have a meeting
(d) to shut down the mine
4. What do the miners do to the soldiers?
(a) throw them in the mine
(b) attack them
(c) push them back
(d) yell at them
5. What happens to Alzire?
(a) he gets better
(b) he goes back to work
(c) he dies
(d) he becomes disabled
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the mine owners announce Négrel is doing?
2. Why do the miners sign up with the union?
3. What does Etienne ask Catherine?
4. Why does Lantier set up a meeting with the miners?
5. Of what does Lantier try to convince Deneulin?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)