|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the mine owners announce Négrel is doing?
(a) going to shut down the mine permanently
(b) going to revamp the mine
(c) going to bring back foreign miners
2. What do the Montsou miners do to the Jean-Bart mine?
(a) they flood it
(b) they burn it
(c) they destroy it
3. What do the miners do at the entrance to the mine?
(a) yell curses and insults
(b) destroy the cable
(c) kill the soldiers
(d) attack the Borains
4. What do the workers do at the Hennebeaus' house?
(a) burn it down
(b) chant and demonstrate
(c) throw rocks in the windows
(d) attend a party
5. How does Etienne help Jeanlin?
(a) giving him food
(b) to cover up his actions
(c) giving him a place to live
(d) teaching him to read
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lantier set up a meeting with the miners?
2. What does Etienne think about his position as leader in the strike?
3. What has come to Montsou because of the strike?
4. What does Rasseneur feel about the strike?
5. What does Etienne see Jeanlin do?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)