|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lantier hide?
(a) in Paris
(b) in Jeanlin's burrow
(c) in the forest
(d) in the Advantage
2. What do the Montsu miners do after they are finished at the Jean-Bart mine?
(a) head to the Hennebeaus
(b) go to other mines
(c) go home
(d) tear down Deneulin's house
3. Of what does Lantier try to convince Deneulin?
(a) to take on more miners
(b) to fire Chaval
(c) to keep Jean-Bart running
(d) that all mines must strike
4. What job does Négrel hold at the mine?
(a) a supervisor
(b) a hewer
(c) an engineer
(d) a carter
5. Why does Lantier set up a meeting with the miners?
(a) to decide what to do
(b) to encourage them
(c) to end the strike
(d) to distribute food
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the miners do when the Grégoires pull up to the Hennebeaus' house?
2. What are the Hennebeaus doing the day the miners go on strike?
3. Where do the miners go when they leave the Hennebeaus?
4. Why does Etienne come out from hiding?
5. How does Deneulin respond to Etienne's request?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)