|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who owns the Jean-Bart mine?
(b) Jacques Lefattle
(d) Léon Grégoire
2. What causes an explosion at the Jean-Bart mine?
(a) timbers that catch on fire
(b) coal dust igniting
(c) dynamite lit by miners
(d) a fired lamp
3. What does Hennebeau tell the miners?
(a) he'll raise their salary
(b) he'll suspend rent payments on the homes
(c) he'll lower the prices in the grocery store
(d) he'll talk to his superiors
4. What does Pluchart say are the union's goals?
(a) to help all people, rich and poor
(b) to destroy the mines
(c) to make everyone rich
(d) the emancipation of the workers
5. What has come to Montsou because of the strike?
(a) private detectives
(b) the army
(c) the mine owners
(d) the governor
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Montsou miners do to the Jean-Bart mine?
2. Who does Lantier get to know after he left hiding?
3. How does the union help the miners?
4. Why does Lantier decide to hide?
5. How much do the miners' actions at the Jean-Bart mine affect work there?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)