Final Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the women go to for food?
(c) the church
2. What does the mine owners announce Négrel is doing?
(a) going to revamp the mine
(b) going to shut down the mine permanently
(c) going to bring back foreign miners
3. Why does Hennebeau ignore the miners?
(a) he's worried about his marriage
(b) he doesn't understand their request
(c) he hates poor people
(d) he doesn't care
4. Why is life at the Maheus so difficult?
(a) Bonnemorte has died
(b) Catherine is dying
(c) LaMaheude is crippled
(d) no food or heat
5. What does Maheu ask of Hennebeau?
(a) to be made a supervisor in the mine
(b) to join the union
(c) for money to feed his family
(d) justice and for bread every day
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Montsou miners do at the Mirou pit?
2. How does Etienne help Jeanlin?
3. Whose life does Lantier save when the Montsou miners are angry at Jean-Bart?
4. Who owns the Jean-Bart mine?
5. What do the miners do to the soldiers?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)