Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the women go to for food?
(c) the church
2. What does the mine owners announce Négrel is doing?
(a) going to revamp the mine
(b) going to shut down the mine permanently
(c) going to bring back foreign miners
3. Why does Hennebeau ignore the miners?
(a) he's worried about his marriage
(b) he doesn't understand their request
(c) he hates poor people
(d) he doesn't care
4. Why is life at the Maheus so difficult?
(a) Bonnemorte has died
(b) Catherine is dying
(c) LaMaheude is crippled
(d) no food or heat
5. What does Maheu ask of Hennebeau?
(a) to be made a supervisor in the mine
(b) to join the union
(c) for money to feed his family
(d) justice and for bread every day
6. What do the Montsou miners do at the Mirou pit?
(a) try to force the workers to stop
(b) burn it
(d) destroy it
7. How does Etienne help Jeanlin?
(a) teaching him to read
(b) giving him food
(c) giving him a place to live
(d) to cover up his actions
8. Whose life does Lantier save when the Montsou miners are angry at Jean-Bart?
9. Who owns the Jean-Bart mine?
(a) Jacques Lefattle
(c) Léon Grégoire
10. What do the miners do to the soldiers?
(a) attack them
(b) yell at them
(c) push them back
(d) throw them in the mine
11. How do the miners leave if the cable is cut?
(a) ride the mine carts
(b) ropes thrown down
(c) walk the tunnel
(d) safety ladders
12. Who comes to the Maheu house with food for the family?
13. What is one of the mines left working after the strike has spread?
14. Where does Lantier hide?
(a) in the Advantage
(b) in the forest
(c) in Jeanlin's burrow
(d) in Paris
15. What do the miners demand of Mr. Hennebeau?
(a) to give them better health care
(b) to shut down the mine
(c) to leave town
(d) to have a meeting
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the miners do when the Grégoires pull up to the Hennebeaus' house?
2. How does Lantier try to help the negotiation process?
3. How does Deneulin respond to Etienne's request?
4. What promise to Etienne does Chaval break?
5. How does Grégoire feel about what the miners want?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)