Short Answer Questions Key
1. Where does Etienne Lantier arrive the night at the beginning of the novel?
the Voreux mining pit
2. How old is Etienne Lantier?
3. What type of job did Etienne have previously?
4. Why was Etienne fired from his previous job?
hitting a supervisor
5. What does Bonnemort mean?
6. What does Bonnemort tell Etienne about a job at the mine?
there's no opening for a mechanic
7. When did Bonnemort begin working in the mine?
at 8 years old
8. Why can't Bonnemort work inside the Voreux anymore?
he is sick and disabled
This section contains 4,041 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)