|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part VII: Chapter 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Zacharie?
(a) Etienne's cousin
(b) the oldest Maheu child
(c) a young street vendor
(d) Chaval's brother
2. How does Lantier try to help the negotiation process?
(a) destroying a mine shaft
(b) meeting with Hennebeau
(c) killing a mine owner
(d) keeping food from the wealthy
3. Who do the women go to for food?
(b) the church
4. Why does Bonnemort go outside to cough when the visitors are there?
(a) so they don't know he's sick
(b) so he won't scare them
(c) so he won't get anything on them
(d) so he won't be embarrassed
5. What does Bonnemort mean?
(a) good death
(b) bad future
(c) good luck
(d) sturdy man
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the activist miners say they have decided to leave the Advantage?
2. What type of job did Etienne have previously?
3. Why is La Maheude upset about her family?
4. Who takes back the leadership of the miners?
5. What do the Montsou miners do at the Mirou pit?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)