|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part VII: Chapter 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the miners go when they leave the Hennebeaus?
(a) to church
(b) to the tavern
(c) to the grocery store
2. Who comes to the Maheu house with food for the family?
3. Why can't Bonnemort work inside the Voreux anymore?
(a) he is too old
(b) his leg is broken
(c) he is not able to think due to a brain injury
(d) he is sick and disabled
4. Who is knocked out in the Jean-Bart explosion?
5. What is one of the reasons Etienne thinks he might be working in the mine?
(a) he likes to mine coal
(b) he's drawn to Catherine
(c) he wants to own a coal mine
(d) he enjoys being underground
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Montsu miners do after they are finished at the Jean-Bart mine?
2. After the miners return to work, what is happening in the mine that the supervisors ignore?
3. What does Etienne do about what he sees on his walk?
4. What does Rasseneur feel about the strike?
5. Who is waiting for the Jean-Bart miners when they exit the mine?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)