|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part VII: Chapter 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Deneulin?
(a) Grégoire's cousin
(b) Catherine's boyfriend
(c) a miner in Voreux
(d) the manager of the mine
2. How long does it take for the surface miners to start digging for survivors?
(a) three days
(b) twenty-four hours
(c) a week
(d) two days
3. What have the miners gained with the strike?
(a) higher wages
(b) better food
(c) better housing
4. What do the miners decide to do about Jean-Bart?
(a) kill the owner
(b) destroy it
(c) shut it down
(d) work there
5. What do the miners do to the soldiers?
(a) throw them in the mine
(b) yell at them
(c) push them back
(d) attack them
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the women go to for food?
2. What happens when the Borains arrive at the mine to work?
3. Why was Etienne fired from his previous job?
4. What do the workers do at the Hennebeaus' house?
5. What are the Grégoires celebrating after the confrontation at the mine?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)