|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part VII: Chapter 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a ducasse?
(a) a board game
(b) a card game
(c) a local fair
(d) a type of duel
2. What do the Montsou miners do at the Mirou pit?
(b) destroy it
(c) try to force the workers to stop
(d) burn it
3. By January, what problem do the striking miners face?
(a) owners destroying the mines
(b) cold and hunger
(c) lack of sunshine
(d) thugs beating them up
4. How does Lantier try to help the negotiation process?
(a) keeping food from the wealthy
(b) killing a mine owner
(c) destroying a mine shaft
(d) meeting with Hennebeau
5. Why does Chaval almost instantly dislike Etienne?
(a) he reminds him of his father
(b) he's jealous of him
(c) he feels like Etienne is too smart
(d) he feels superior to him
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the type of people who tend to go to the Advantage?
2. By what name does Bonnemort's daughter-in-law go?
3. What are the miners requesting at Hennebeau's house?
4. What does Chaval announce when he comes to the Advantage during the strike?
5. What happens to Alzire?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)