|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part VII: Chapter 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the crowd of miners on the surface hear yelling for help?
(b) no one
(c) the horses
2. What type of work does Bonnemort do for the mine?
(b) runs the cable
(c) tends the horses
3. How does each supervisor or mine director get out of dealing with the miners?
(a) they claim to have no authority
(b) they ignore them
(c) they get police protection
(d) they leave town
4. What does Bonnemort mean?
(a) bad future
(b) good luck
(c) good death
(d) sturdy man
5. What does Bonnemort tell Etienne about a job at the mine?
(a) there's lots of work
(b) that they need a mechanic
(c) there's no opening for a mechanic
(d) he could be a supervisor
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Deneulin failing in his business?
2. When did Bonnemort begin working in the mine?
3. Why is it difficult for the miners to get out of the Jean-Bart mine when the cables are cut?
4. What are the Hennebeaus doing the day the miners go on strike?
5. What does Etienne talk about with his new friend?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)