|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part VII: Chapter 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who intervenes at the Hennebearus' to save Cécile?
2. Why do the miners sign up with the union?
(a) they think the union will bring down the rich
(b) they have no where else to turn
(c) they believe Pluchart's speech
(d) they think the union will feed them
3. Why does Etienne Lantier go for a walk?
(a) he is restless
(b) he needs the exercise
(c) he has a headache
(d) he is meeting friends
4. Why is Bonnemort delaying his retirement?
(a) he wants to keep his grandchildren safe
(b) to earn more money for retirement
(c) he has too many children to feed
(d) he likes working
5. How does Lantier try to help the negotiation process?
(a) killing a mine owner
(b) meeting with Hennebeau
(c) keeping food from the wealthy
(d) destroying a mine shaft
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Etienne see Jeanlin go one evening?
2. Who takes back the leadership of the miners?
3. For what does Maheu get scolded by his boss?
4. Who is waiting for the Jean-Bart miners when they exit the mine?
5. What is the old aristocratic tradition as far as handling money?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)