|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part VII: Chapter 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much do the miners' actions at the Jean-Bart mine affect work there?
(a) it slows work down
(b) it is now impossible
(c) it means the work force has to double
(d) it doesn't affect it
2. Why do the supervisors fine the Maheu team?
(a) for talking too much
(b) for not meeting the daily quota
(c) for stopping work before lunch
(d) for faulty timbering
3. What are the Grégoires celebrating after the confrontation at the mine?
(a) the miners returning to work
(b) their wedding anniversary
(c) engagement of Négrel and Cécile
(d) a new baby
4. What type of work does Bonnemort do for the mine?
(a) runs the cable
(d) tends the horses
5. Why does Hennebeau ignore the miners?
(a) he hates poor people
(b) he's worried about his marriage
(c) he doesn't understand their request
(d) he doesn't care
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Deneulin selling Jean-Bart to the company?
2. Who intervenes at the Hennebearus' to save Cécile?
3. Who does the crowd of miners on the surface hear yelling for help?
4. What does Negrel think about the mine accident after investigating it?
5. What do the Montsou miners do to the Jean-Bart mine?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)