|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part VII: Chapter 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Etienne ask Catherine?
(a) that she move in with him
(b) for some money
(c) that she start back to work
(d) that she kill Chaval
2. What does Etienne think about his position as leader in the strike?
(a) he's depressed about it
(b) he doesn't want it
(c) he doesn't think he can do it
(d) it's a lot of responsibility
3. What do the miners decide to do when the company lowers their pay?
(a) rob the mine's payroll
(b) destroy the mine
(c) go on strike
(d) kill the owner
4. Who does the owner of the Jean-Bart mine convince to stop the strike?
5. How does Lantier try to help the negotiation process?
(a) keeping food from the wealthy
(b) meeting with Hennebeau
(c) killing a mine owner
(d) destroying a mine shaft
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lantier think he must do to save Catherine?
2. What do the Montsu miners do after they are finished at the Jean-Bart mine?
3. What does Etienne see Jeanlin do?
4. What is one of the reasons Etienne thinks he might be working in the mine?
5. Who is Deneulin?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)