|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part VI: Chapter 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the meeting of the miners and Lantier stopped early?
(a) the police come
(b) the miners decide to end the strike
(c) the owners agree to the demands
(d) the miners attack him
2. What does Etienne see during his walk?
(a) the mine being worked
(b) stealing from the grocery store
(c) the rape of La Maheude
(d) the rape of Catherine
3. Why does Chaval believe he owns Catherine?
(a) because he is older than she
(b) because they are engaged
(c) because he gives her money
(d) because he took her virginity
4. How do the miners feel about the Borains?
(a) happy for help
(b) angry and betrayed
5. What does Bonnemort tell Etienne about a job at the mine?
(a) he could be a supervisor
(b) there's no opening for a mechanic
(c) there's lots of work
(d) that they need a mechanic
Short Answer Questions
1. During the last part of the strike what are many of the miners' children doing?
2. By what name does Bonnemort's daughter-in-law go?
3. How does Lantier try to help the negotiation process?
4. Who does Lantier get to know after he left hiding?
5. What do the miners decide to do about Jean-Bart?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)