|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part VI: Chapter 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the innkeeper friendly with Etienne?
(a) Etienne buys everyone drinks
(b) he has money
(c) he likes new people
(d) he knows Pluchart
2. How does Etienne help Jeanlin?
(a) giving him a place to live
(b) to cover up his actions
(c) giving him food
(d) teaching him to read
3. Who does Etienne hear talking as he walks?
(a) La Maheude and Bonnemort
(b) Chaval and Catherine
(c) Jeanlin and Coltier
(d) Jacques and Catherine
4. How does the union help the miners?
(a) it brings in people to help the miners win
(b) it provides food
(c) it provides money
(d) it doesn't
5. What does Lantier think he must do to save Catherine?
(a) tell her parents about Chaval
(b) get rid of Chaval
(c) run away with her
(d) ask her to marry him
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Chaval feeling about the relationship between Catherine and Etienne?
2. Why did the Grégoires refuse to help the miners?
3. What does the mine owners announce Négrel is doing?
4. Why does Chaval believe he owns Catherine?
5. Where does Etienne go to rent a room?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)