|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part VI: Chapter 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the owner of the Jean-Bart mine think will happen if the miners strike his mine?
(a) they will destroy the mine
(b) someone will be killed
(c) his wife will leave him
(d) he will go bankrupt
2. What causes an explosion at the Jean-Bart mine?
(a) a fired lamp
(b) coal dust igniting
(c) timbers that catch on fire
(d) dynamite lit by miners
3. Why does Bonnemort go outside to cough when the visitors are there?
(a) so he won't scare them
(b) so he won't be embarrassed
(c) so they don't know he's sick
(d) so he won't get anything on them
4. Why is Bonnemort delaying his retirement?
(a) he likes working
(b) he has too many children to feed
(c) to earn more money for retirement
(d) he wants to keep his grandchildren safe
5. What does the mine owners announce Négrel is doing?
(a) going to bring back foreign miners
(c) going to shut down the mine permanently
(d) going to revamp the mine
Short Answer Questions
1. Who goes with Chaval when he leaves the Voreux?
2. Who intervenes at the Hennebearus' to save Cécile?
3. Who brings in friends from Paris to see the mining town?
4. Where do the miners go when they leave the Hennebeaus?
5. What job does Négrel hold at the mine?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)