|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part VI: Chapter 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Maheu get scolded by his boss?
(a) leaving a rotten timber in place
(b) having Etienne live with them
(c) being late to work
(d) dropping a cart
2. Why is it difficult for the miners to get out of the Jean-Bart mine when the cables are cut?
(a) the number of miners
(b) the tunnel is flooded
(c) the carts are destroyed
(d) the safety ladders are destroyed
3. During the last part of the strike what are many of the miners' children doing?
(a) vandalizing the managers' homes
(b) destroying the town
(c) looking for activities that will feed them
(d) attacking the rich children
4. How do the visitors feel about the Maheu children?
(a) they are funny
(b) they are frightful
(c) they are stupid
(d) they are delightful
5. What does Hennebeau tell the miners?
(a) he'll lower the prices in the grocery store
(b) he'll suspend rent payments on the homes
(c) he'll raise their salary
(d) he'll talk to his superiors
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bonnemort go outside to cough when the visitors are there?
2. What does Bonnemort tell Etienne about a job at the mine?
3. For what is Etienne hired?
4. Why do the Maheus see Catherine moving out as a traitor act to the family?
5. Of what does Lantier try to convince Deneulin?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)