|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part VI: Chapter 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the miners decide to do when the company lowers their pay?
(a) kill the owner
(b) rob the mine's payroll
(c) go on strike
(d) destroy the mine
2. How does the union help the miners?
(a) it provides money
(b) it provides food
(c) it brings in people to help the miners win
(d) it doesn't
3. What does Etienne suggest the workers create?
(a) a different shift system
(b) a provident fund
(c) a way to rotate workers
(d) a health plan
4. Why do the Maheus invite Etienne to live with them?
(a) Catherine wants to marry him
(b) the oldest child left home
(c) they need more money
(d) they need help with the house
5. Why do the activist miners say they have decided to leave the Advantage?
(a) the police hang out there
(b) too many management types
(c) because of warm beer and bad soup
(d) it's too small
Short Answer Questions
1. During the last part of the strike what are many of the miners' children doing?
2. Who is the overman who hires Étienne Lantier?
3. What does Maheu ask of Hennebeau?
4. How do the visitors feel about the Maheu children?
5. Who brings in friends from Paris to see the mining town?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)