|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part V: Chapter 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many members of the Maheu family work in the mines?
2. How does the union help the miners?
(a) it provides food
(b) it brings in people to help the miners win
(c) it provides money
(d) it doesn't
3. What does Deneulin ask of Gregoire?
(a) to marry his daughter
(b) to invest in Gregoire's mine
(c) to pay for Deneulin's schooling
(d) to borrow money
4. Where does Etienne Lantier arrive the night at the beginning of the novel?
(b) the Voreux mining pit
5. What do the workers do at the Hennebeaus' house?
(a) throw rocks in the windows
(b) attend a party
(c) chant and demonstrate
(d) burn it down
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens in the Maheu family as the strike is called?
2. What happens to Etienne's relationship with Catherine when he moves into her home?
3. Who intervenes at the Hennebearus' to save Cécile?
4. With whom does Bonnemort live?
5. What does Etienne think about his position as leader in the strike?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)