|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part V: Chapter 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By January, what problem do the striking miners face?
(a) lack of sunshine
(b) owners destroying the mines
(c) thugs beating them up
(d) cold and hunger
2. What happens in the Maheu family as the strike is called?
(a) it is getting poorer
(b) they are fighting among themselves
(c) it is getting smaller
(d) they steal more food
3. Who owns the Jean-Bart mine?
(c) Léon Grégoire
(d) Jacques Lefattle
4. What type of job did Etienne have previously?
(a) a mechanic
(b) an engineer
(c) a manager
(d) an artist
5. What is the mining settlement called where the novel takes place?
(a) Two Hundred
(b) Village de Mine
(c) Verus De
(d) Two Hundred and Forty
Short Answer Questions
1. Who goes with Chaval when he leaves the Voreux?
2. When is the provident fund started by Etienne empty?
3. What do the miners do when the Grégoires pull up to the Hennebeaus' house?
4. Why does Etienne Lantier go for a walk?
5. Why do the activist miners say they have decided to leave the Advantage?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)