|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part V: Chapter 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many grandchildren does Bonnemort have?
2. Whose life does Lantier save when the Montsou miners are angry at Jean-Bart?
3. What happens in the Maheu family as the strike is called?
(a) they are fighting among themselves
(b) they steal more food
(c) it is getting poorer
(d) it is getting smaller
4. What does Etienne think about his position as leader in the strike?
(a) it's a lot of responsibility
(b) he doesn't think he can do it
(c) he doesn't want it
(d) he's depressed about it
5. What type of work does Bonnemort do for the mine?
(a) runs the cable
(c) tends the horses
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Etienne become a good hewer?
2. What do the miners demand of Mr. Hennebeau?
3. How does each supervisor or mine director get out of dealing with the miners?
4. Why is the meeting of the miners and Lantier stopped early?
5. Where does Etienne go to rent a room?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)