|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part V: Chapter 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the grocer want in order to help La Maheude?
(a) La Maheude to work for him
(b) La Maheude to sleep with him
(c) Catherine to come to the store
(d) one of La Maheude's family heirlooms
2. Why would visitors come to the mining village?
(a) they are related to Mrs. Hennebeau
(b) they want to see how poor people live
(c) they aren't wealthy enough for Paris
(d) they're related to some mine investors
3. What are the miners requesting at Hennebeau's house?
(a) a share in the mine
(c) health care
(d) better wages
4. What do the miners decide to do about Jean-Bart?
(a) kill the owner
(b) shut it down
(c) destroy it
(d) work there
5. Why did the Grégoires refuse to help the miners?
(a) they are almost broke themselves
(b) they believe the miners spend their money unwisely
(c) they believe God doesn't want them to
(d) they hate poor people
Short Answer Questions
1. How does each supervisor or mine director get out of dealing with the miners?
2. How does Grégoire feel about what the miners want?
3. Who comes to the Maheu house with food for the family?
4. Why do the Maheus see Catherine moving out as a traitor act to the family?
5. What does Maheu ask of Hennebeau?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)