|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part V: Chapter 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Etienne create with advice from his friend Pluchart?
(a) a new pay system
(b) a workers' union
(c) a new way to hew
(d) a new system of managment
2. Why is Deneulin failing in his business?
(a) he lacks management skills
(b) he is stupid
(c) his accountant steals from him
(d) he has lazy workers
3. Why does Hennebeau ignore the miners?
(a) he doesn't care
(b) he's worried about his marriage
(c) he hates poor people
(d) he doesn't understand their request
4. How are the miners presented to the visitors?
(a) as stupid beasts of burden
(b) as hard working poor people
(c) like animals in a zoo
(d) as naughty children
5. Where does Chaval go when the miners strike?
(a) to the Jean-Bart pit
(b) to England
(c) to Paris
(d) to LaSalle
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the reasons Etienne thinks he might be working in the mine?
2. With whom does Bonnemort live?
3. How does Deneulin respond to Etienne's request?
4. What do the Montsou miners do when the Jean-Bart miners come to the surface?
5. About what do Etienne and Souvarine talk?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)