|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part V: Chapter 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is La Maheude given instead of food?
(a) clothes for the children
(c) a job
2. Why would visitors come to the mining village?
(a) they aren't wealthy enough for Paris
(b) they want to see how poor people live
(c) they're related to some mine investors
(d) they are related to Mrs. Hennebeau
3. What do the Montsou miners do when the Jean-Bart miners come to the surface?
(a) line up so they have to walk through them
(b) beat them up
(c) throw rocks at them
(d) yell at them
4. How old is Etienne Lantier?
(a) about 21
(b) about 40
(c) about 18
(d) about 30
5. What does Maheu ask of Hennebeau?
(a) justice and for bread every day
(b) to be made a supervisor in the mine
(c) to join the union
(d) for money to feed his family
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Bonnemort delaying his retirement?
2. What does Bonnemort tell Etienne about a job at the mine?
3. What is the old aristocratic tradition as far as handling money?
4. Why do the Maheus see Catherine moving out as a traitor act to the family?
5. How many members of the Maheu family work in the mines?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)