|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part V: Chapter 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the miners demand of Mr. Hennebeau?
(a) to give them better health care
(b) to have a meeting
(c) to shut down the mine
(d) to leave town
2. During the last part of the strike what are many of the miners' children doing?
(a) attacking the rich children
(b) looking for activities that will feed them
(c) vandalizing the managers' homes
(d) destroying the town
3. Who brings in friends from Paris to see the mining town?
(a) the Grégoires
(b) Mrs. Hennebeau
4. What is the house number where Bonnemort lives?
(a) number 24
(b) number 16
(c) number 18
(d) number 33
5. Why is Deneulin failing in his business?
(a) he has lazy workers
(b) he lacks management skills
(c) his accountant steals from him
(d) he is stupid
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is waiting for the Jean-Bart miners when they exit the mine?
2. How does Deneulin respond to Etienne's request?
3. What does Hennebeau tell the miners?
4. How many grandchildren does Bonnemort have?
5. What does the owner of the Jean-Bart mine think will happen if the miners strike his mine?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)