|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part V: Chapter 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much do the miners' actions at the Jean-Bart mine affect work there?
(a) it is now impossible
(b) it means the work force has to double
(c) it doesn't affect it
(d) it slows work down
2. How old is Etienne Lantier?
(a) about 18
(b) about 30
(c) about 40
(d) about 21
3. What does Chaval do as Etienne is getting ready to kiss Catherine?
(a) hits Etienne
(b) dumps water on Etienne
(c) pulls Catherine away
(d) slips between them
4. Why is Deneulin failing in his business?
(a) he lacks management skills
(b) he has lazy workers
(c) he is stupid
(d) his accountant steals from him
5. For what does Maheu get scolded by his boss?
(a) leaving a rotten timber in place
(b) being late to work
(c) dropping a cart
(d) having Etienne live with them
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Etienne do about what he sees on his walk?
2. How does Léon Grégoire make his money?
3. Who is waiting for the Jean-Bart miners when they exit the mine?
4. How do the mine owners lower the workers' pay in October?
5. Who is Rasseneur?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)