|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part V: Chapter 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the last part of the strike what are many of the miners' children doing?
(a) looking for activities that will feed them
(b) attacking the rich children
(c) destroying the town
(d) vandalizing the managers' homes
2. Who owns the Jean-Bart mine?
(a) Jacques Lefattle
(c) Léon Grégoire
3. Who is Zacharie?
(a) a young street vendor
(b) the oldest Maheu child
(c) Chaval's brother
(d) Etienne's cousin
4. Where do the miners go when they leave the Hennebeaus?
(a) to church
(b) to the tavern
(c) to the grocery store
5. What happens to Maigrat when he runs from the miners?
(a) he sprains his ankle
(b) he gets beat up
(c) he is killed
(d) he gets away
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the miners presented to the visitors?
2. About what do Etienne and Souvarine talk?
3. What do the workers do at the Hennebeaus' house?
4. What do the miners demand of Mr. Hennebeau?
5. How does Deneulin respond to Etienne's request?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)