|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part V: Chapter 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the old aristocratic tradition as far as handling money?
(a) use capital wisely and moderately
(b) spend a lot of money for status
(c) don't worry about money
(d) let someone else handle your money
2. Why does Lantier set up a meeting with the miners?
(a) to distribute food
(b) to end the strike
(c) to decide what to do
(d) to encourage them
3. What are the type of people who tend to go to the Advantage?
(a) dissatified workers
(b) mine management
(c) older men
(d) young people
4. Why does Bonnemort go outside to cough when the visitors are there?
(a) so he won't scare them
(b) so he won't be embarrassed
(c) so he won't get anything on them
(d) so they don't know he's sick
5. Why do the miners hate the supervisors?
(a) they hit the miners with whips
(b) they're mean and fine them too much
(c) they don't work much
(d) they have more money than the miners
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the activist miners say they have decided to leave the Advantage?
2. How many members of the Maheu family work in the mines?
3. Why did the Grégoires refuse to help the miners?
4. Why does Chaval almost instantly dislike Etienne?
5. What do the miners demand of Mr. Hennebeau?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)