|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part V: Chapter 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Deneulin failing in his business?
(a) he has lazy workers
(b) his accountant steals from him
(c) he lacks management skills
(d) he is stupid
2. What is the house number where Bonnemort lives?
(a) number 16
(b) number 24
(c) number 18
(d) number 33
3. Who is the overman who hires Étienne Lantier?
(b) Dom Gernera
4. Why do the miners sign up with the union?
(a) they believe Pluchart's speech
(b) they think the union will feed them
(c) they have no where else to turn
(d) they think the union will bring down the rich
5. What does Etienne see during his walk?
(a) the rape of Catherine
(b) the mine being worked
(c) the rape of La Maheude
(d) stealing from the grocery store
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Montsou miners do to the Jean-Bart mine?
2. How does each supervisor or mine director get out of dealing with the miners?
3. How does Deneulin respond to Etienne's request?
4. Why does Hennebeau ignore the miners?
5. How old is Etienne Lantier?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)