|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part V: Chapter 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the miners requesting at Hennebeau's house?
(a) a share in the mine
(b) better wages
(c) health care
2. Why is Deneulin failing in his business?
(a) he lacks management skills
(b) he has lazy workers
(c) his accountant steals from him
(d) he is stupid
3. What is the house number where Bonnemort lives?
(a) number 16
(b) number 24
(c) number 33
(d) number 18
4. What does the grocer want in order to help La Maheude?
(a) La Maheude to sleep with him
(b) Catherine to come to the store
(c) La Maheude to work for him
(d) one of La Maheude's family heirlooms
5. Why did the Grégoires refuse to help the miners?
(a) they believe the miners spend their money unwisely
(b) they are almost broke themselves
(c) they believe God doesn't want them to
(d) they hate poor people
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bonnemort tell Etienne about a job at the mine?
2. By what name does Bonnemort's daughter-in-law go?
3. Where do the miners go when they leave the Hennebeaus?
4. With whom does Bonnemort live?
5. What does the owner of the Jean-Bart mine think will happen if the miners strike his mine?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)