|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part V: Chapter 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Rasseneur?
(a) the owner of the Jolly Roger
(b) the manager of Jean-Bart
(c) the owner of the Advantage
(d) the owner of Jean-Bart
2. Who does Etienne hear talking as he walks?
(a) Chaval and Catherine
(b) Jacques and Catherine
(c) Jeanlin and Coltier
(d) La Maheude and Bonnemort
3. Why does Bonnemort go outside to cough when the visitors are there?
(a) so he won't scare them
(b) so he won't get anything on them
(c) so he won't be embarrassed
(d) so they don't know he's sick
4. Why do the miners organize a meeting in the forest?
(a) to plan a bank robbery
(b) to find deer for food
(c) to march to Paris
(d) to discuss Jean-Bart
5. How much do the miners' actions at the Jean-Bart mine affect work there?
(a) it means the work force has to double
(b) it doesn't affect it
(c) it slows work down
(d) it is now impossible
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Deneulin failing in his business?
2. Why is Bonnemort delaying his retirement?
3. What does Etienne think about his position as leader in the strike?
4. Why can't Bonnemort work inside the Voreux anymore?
5. Who does Etienne meet on the first day of the job that he likes?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)