|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapter 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Voreux's manager?
(a) Mr. LaFatette
(c) Mr. Hennebeau
2. What happens with the provident fund?
(a) it never gets off the ground
(b) Etienne steals from it
(c) it grows slowly
(d) it grows quickly
3. What is the old aristocratic tradition as far as handling money?
(a) let someone else handle your money
(b) spend a lot of money for status
(c) use capital wisely and moderately
(d) don't worry about money
4. Why does Etienne Lantier go for a walk?
(a) he is restless
(b) he is meeting friends
(c) he has a headache
(d) he needs the exercise
5. Where does Chaval go when the miners strike?
(a) to LaSalle
(b) to Paris
(c) to the Jean-Bart pit
(d) to England
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Etienne Lantier arrive the night at the beginning of the novel?
2. What are the type of people who tend to go to the Advantage?
3. Why would visitors come to the mining village?
4. What does Deneulin ask of Gregoire?
5. Why did the Grégoires refuse to help the miners?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)