|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapter 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what is Etienne hired?
(a) as a hewer
(b) as a carpenter
(c) as a horse tender
(d) as a loader
2. Why is the innkeeper friendly with Etienne?
(a) he has money
(b) he knows Pluchart
(c) he likes new people
(d) Etienne buys everyone drinks
3. What does Etienne see during his walk?
(a) the mine being worked
(b) the rape of Catherine
(c) stealing from the grocery store
(d) the rape of La Maheude
4. How does Chaval feel about Catherine?
(a) he loves her
(b) he likes her
(c) he respects her
(d) he feels nothing
5. What is the house number where Bonnemort lives?
(a) number 24
(b) number 18
(c) number 33
(d) number 16
Short Answer Questions
1. Who brings in friends from Paris to see the mining town?
2. How many grandchildren does Bonnemort have?
3. Why does Bonnemort go outside to cough when the visitors are there?
4. What does Souvarine think is the solution to the miners' problems?
5. What are the type of people who tend to go to the Advantage?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)