|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapter 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Etienne see during his walk?
(a) stealing from the grocery store
(b) the rape of La Maheude
(c) the mine being worked
(d) the rape of Catherine
2. How is Chaval feeling about the relationship between Catherine and Etienne?
(b) extremely jealous
3. How do the visitors feel about the Maheu children?
(a) they are stupid
(b) they are frightful
(c) they are delightful
(d) they are funny
4. Why do the miners hate the supervisors?
(a) they have more money than the miners
(b) they hit the miners with whips
(c) they're mean and fine them too much
(d) they don't work much
5. What is the mining settlement called where the novel takes place?
(a) Two Hundred and Forty
(b) Verus De
(c) Two Hundred
(d) Village de Mine
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Bonnemort live?
2. Why does Chaval believe he owns Catherine?
3. Why is the innkeeper friendly with Etienne?
4. Who is Léon Grégoire?
5. Who is Deneulin?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)