|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapter 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who brings in friends from Paris to see the mining town?
(a) the Grégoires
(c) Mrs. Hennebeau
2. Why does Bonnemort go outside to cough when the visitors are there?
(a) so they don't know he's sick
(b) so he won't be embarrassed
(c) so he won't scare them
(d) so he won't get anything on them
3. Who is the Voreux's manager?
(a) Mr. LaFatette
(d) Mr. Hennebeau
4. For what does Maheu get scolded by his boss?
(a) leaving a rotten timber in place
(b) being late to work
(c) dropping a cart
(d) having Etienne live with them
5. What does Bonnemort tell Etienne about a job at the mine?
(a) he could be a supervisor
(b) there's lots of work
(c) that they need a mechanic
(d) there's no opening for a mechanic
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Chaval believe he owns Catherine?
2. Why would visitors come to the mining village?
3. Where did Léon Grégoire get his money?
4. How many grandchildren does Bonnemort have?
5. What happens to Etienne's relationship with Catherine when he moves into her home?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)