|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapter 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Etienne's relationship with Catherine when he moves into her home?
(a) it gets stronger
(b) it falls apart
(d) it becomes physical
2. Why does Bonnemort go outside to cough when the visitors are there?
(a) so he won't get anything on them
(b) so he won't scare them
(c) so he won't be embarrassed
(d) so they don't know he's sick
3. When did Bonnemort begin working in the mine?
(a) at 5 years old
(b) at 16 years old
(c) at 12 years old
(d) at 8 years old
4. Why does Chaval believe he owns Catherine?
(a) because he gives her money
(b) because they are engaged
(c) because he took her virginity
(d) because he is older than she
5. Why do the Maheus invite Etienne to live with them?
(a) Catherine wants to marry him
(b) the oldest child left home
(c) they need more money
(d) they need help with the house
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the miners hate the supervisors?
2. Why is La Maheude upset about her family?
3. What type of job did Etienne have previously?
4. Where does Chaval go when the miners strike?
5. What does Etienne see during his walk?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)