|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapter 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Etienne's relationship with Catherine when he moves into her home?
(b) it falls apart
(c) it gets stronger
(d) it becomes physical
2. What does Bonnemort mean?
(a) good death
(b) sturdy man
(c) good luck
(d) bad future
3. How does Léon Grégoire make his money?
(a) from the grocery store
(b) from the mine profits
(c) he's a trader
(d) he's a banker
4. Why did the Grégoires refuse to help the miners?
(a) they believe the miners spend their money unwisely
(b) they are almost broke themselves
(c) they believe God doesn't want them to
(d) they hate poor people
5. How many members of the Maheu family work in the mines?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the other miners see Etienne at work?
2. Why is the innkeeper friendly with Etienne?
3. How does Etienne become a good hewer?
4. Where does Etienne go to rent a room?
5. Where did Léon Grégoire get his money?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)