|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapter 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the Maheus see Catherine moving out as a traitor act to the family?
(a) she's living unmarried with a man
(b) she is giving her money to Chaval
(c) her wages will be lost
(d) she can't babysit the younger children
2. What happens in the Maheu family as the strike is called?
(a) they steal more food
(b) it is getting smaller
(c) they are fighting among themselves
(d) it is getting poorer
3. What happens to Etienne's relationship with Catherine when he moves into her home?
(a) it gets stronger
(b) it falls apart
(d) it becomes physical
4. What is the old aristocratic tradition as far as handling money?
(a) spend a lot of money for status
(b) don't worry about money
(c) use capital wisely and moderately
(d) let someone else handle your money
5. How do the mine owners lower the workers' pay in October?
(a) makes the carts larger
(b) adds new fines
(c) adds new taxes
(d) disguises it as a new mode of payment due
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the supervisors fine the Maheu team?
2. What is a ducasse?
3. Why would visitors come to the mining village?
4. What does Chaval do as Etienne is getting ready to kiss Catherine?
5. How do the visitors treat the people in the village?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)