|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapter 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Bonnemort delaying his retirement?
(a) he has too many children to feed
(b) he wants to keep his grandchildren safe
(c) to earn more money for retirement
(d) he likes working
2. How do the visitors treat the people in the village?
(a) with kindness
(b) with aloofness
(c) with surface politeness
(d) with irritation
3. Why do the miners hate the supervisors?
(a) they don't work much
(b) they hit the miners with whips
(c) they're mean and fine them too much
(d) they have more money than the miners
4. With whom does Bonnemort live?
(a) his son
(b) no one
(c) his wife
(d) his daughter
5. Why was Etienne fired from his previous job?
(a) being too friendly with the owner's daughter
(b) political activity
(c) drinking on the job
(d) hitting a supervisor
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the other miners see Etienne at work?
2. What does Chaval do as Etienne is getting ready to kiss Catherine?
3. Who is the Voreux's manager?
4. Why would visitors come to the mining village?
5. What does Etienne see during his walk?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)