|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapter 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what name does Bonnemort's daughter-in-law go?
(c) La Maheude
2. What does Etienne do about what he sees on his walk?
(b) he kills the criminal
(c) he reports the problem
(d) he watches the miners
3. What does Etienne create with advice from his friend Pluchart?
(a) a new pay system
(b) a new system of managment
(c) a workers' union
(d) a new way to hew
4. Who brings in friends from Paris to see the mining town?
(a) Mrs. Hennebeau
(d) the Grégoires
5. About what do Etienne and Souvarine talk?
(a) escaping the mines and going to Paris
(b) how to make money
(c) the future of the workers
(d) how to be a good hewer
Short Answer Questions
1. From what hereditary disease does Etienne suffer?
2. What is the name of Bonnemort's family?
3. Where does La Maheude go to ask for help?
4. What does Souvarine think is the solution to the miners' problems?
5. What happens in the Maheu family as the strike is called?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)