|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapter 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens in the Maheu family as the strike is called?
(a) they are fighting among themselves
(b) it is getting poorer
(c) it is getting smaller
(d) they steal more food
2. What is the house number where Bonnemort lives?
(a) number 16
(b) number 24
(c) number 18
(d) number 33
3. What is the mining settlement called where the novel takes place?
(a) Two Hundred
(b) Village de Mine
(c) Verus De
(d) Two Hundred and Forty
4. How does Etienne feel about the miners with whom he is working?
5. Why does Bonnemort go outside to cough when the visitors are there?
(a) so he won't get anything on them
(b) so he won't scare them
(c) so he won't be embarrassed
(d) so they don't know he's sick
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Maheu get scolded by his boss?
2. From what hereditary disease does Etienne suffer?
3. Who is Zacharie?
4. Why does Chaval believe he owns Catherine?
5. How do the visitors feel about the Maheu children?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)