|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapter 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a ducasse?
(a) a type of duel
(b) a local fair
(c) a card game
(d) a board game
2. What does Bonnemort tell Etienne about a job at the mine?
(a) that they need a mechanic
(b) he could be a supervisor
(c) there's no opening for a mechanic
(d) there's lots of work
3. What does Chaval do as Etienne is getting ready to kiss Catherine?
(a) slips between them
(b) pulls Catherine away
(c) hits Etienne
(d) dumps water on Etienne
4. From what hereditary disease does Etienne suffer?
(c) weak bones
5. What does Etienne tell the miners he wants to fight?
(a) pay raises
(b) poor conditions
(d) the mines closing
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens in the Maheu family as the strike is called?
2. How does Chaval feel about Catherine?
3. Who is Rasseneur?
4. Why can't Bonnemort work inside the Voreux anymore?
5. Why is Bonnemort delaying his retirement?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)