|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapter 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Deneulin ask of Gregoire?
(a) to pay for Deneulin's schooling
(b) to invest in Gregoire's mine
(c) to borrow money
(d) to marry his daughter
2. Why is Bonnemort delaying his retirement?
(a) he likes working
(b) he has too many children to feed
(c) to earn more money for retirement
(d) he wants to keep his grandchildren safe
3. Who is Rasseneur?
(a) the owner of Jean-Bart
(b) the manager of Jean-Bart
(c) the owner of the Advantage
(d) the owner of the Jolly Roger
4. For what does Maheu get scolded by his boss?
(a) leaving a rotten timber in place
(b) being late to work
(c) dropping a cart
(d) having Etienne live with them
5. By what name does Bonnemort's daughter-in-law go?
(a) La Maheude
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the reasons Etienne thinks he might be working in the mine?
2. Who does Etienne meet on the first day of the job that he likes?
3. Where does Etienne Lantier arrive the night at the beginning of the novel?
4. What does the grocer want in order to help La Maheude?
5. Why did the Grégoires refuse to help the miners?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)