|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapter 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what do Etienne and Souvarine talk?
(a) escaping the mines and going to Paris
(b) the future of the workers
(c) how to make money
(d) how to be a good hewer
2. From what hereditary disease does Etienne suffer?
(d) weak bones
3. Who brings in friends from Paris to see the mining town?
(a) the Grégoires
(b) Mrs. Hennebeau
4. What does Souvarine think is the solution to the miners' problems?
(a) total destruction of everything
(c) working harder
(d) banding together
5. How do the visitors treat the people in the village?
(a) with irritation
(b) with kindness
(c) with aloofness
(d) with surface politeness
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the visitors feel about the Maheu children?
2. What does Etienne tell the miners he wants to fight?
3. Who is Deneulin?
4. What is the atmosphere like in the Maheu household?
5. Why do the supervisors fine the Maheu team?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)