|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapter 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who brings in friends from Paris to see the mining town?
(c) the Grégoires
(d) Mrs. Hennebeau
2. What does Deneulin ask of Gregoire?
(a) to invest in Gregoire's mine
(b) to marry his daughter
(c) to borrow money
(d) to pay for Deneulin's schooling
3. What is the old aristocratic tradition as far as handling money?
(a) don't worry about money
(b) use capital wisely and moderately
(c) spend a lot of money for status
(d) let someone else handle your money
4. Why do the supervisors fine the Maheu team?
(a) for stopping work before lunch
(b) for talking too much
(c) for not meeting the daily quota
(d) for faulty timbering
5. What happens to Etienne's relationship with Catherine when he moves into her home?
(b) it gets stronger
(c) it becomes physical
(d) it falls apart
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bonnemort mean?
2. Who does Etienne hear talking as he walks?
3. For what does Maheu get scolded by his boss?
4. What happens in the Maheu family as the strike is called?
5. Who does Etienne meet on the first day of the job that he likes?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)