|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapter 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Deneulin?
(a) Grégoire's cousin
(b) Catherine's boyfriend
(c) the manager of the mine
(d) a miner in Voreux
2. What does Deneulin ask of Gregoire?
(a) to invest in Gregoire's mine
(b) to marry his daughter
(c) to borrow money
(d) to pay for Deneulin's schooling
3. By what name does Bonnemort's daughter-in-law go?
(d) La Maheude
4. Who is the overman who hires Étienne Lantier?
(b) Dom Gernera
5. What does Etienne create with advice from his friend Pluchart?
(a) a new system of managment
(b) a new way to hew
(c) a workers' union
(d) a new pay system
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the house number where Bonnemort lives?
2. What happens to Jeanlin in the accident in November in the mine?
3. Why would visitors come to the mining village?
4. What is the mining settlement called where the novel takes place?
5. Why can't Bonnemort work inside the Voreux anymore?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)