|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapter 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bonnemort mean?
(a) bad future
(b) sturdy man
(c) good death
(d) good luck
2. How does Chaval feel about Catherine?
(a) he feels nothing
(b) he loves her
(c) he respects her
(d) he likes her
3. What is one of the reasons Etienne thinks he might be working in the mine?
(a) he's drawn to Catherine
(b) he likes to mine coal
(c) he wants to own a coal mine
(d) he enjoys being underground
4. How does Etienne feel about the miners with whom he is working?
5. With whom does Bonnemort live?
(a) his son
(b) his daughter
(c) his wife
(d) no one
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Etienne do about what he sees on his walk?
2. When did Bonnemort begin working in the mine?
3. Where do the Grégoires live?
4. How old is Etienne Lantier?
5. Why does Chaval almost instantly dislike Etienne?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)