|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapter 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Léon Grégoire?
(a) the night watchman
(b) an important investor in the mine
(c) Chaval's father
(d) the Maheus' cousin
2. What does Etienne do about what he sees on his walk?
(a) he watches the miners
(c) he kills the criminal
(d) he reports the problem
3. Why do the supervisors fine the Maheu team?
(a) for stopping work before lunch
(b) for faulty timbering
(c) for talking too much
(d) for not meeting the daily quota
4. Why can't Bonnemort work inside the Voreux anymore?
(a) he is sick and disabled
(b) he is not able to think due to a brain injury
(c) his leg is broken
(d) he is too old
5. When did Bonnemort begin working in the mine?
(a) at 16 years old
(b) at 5 years old
(c) at 8 years old
(d) at 12 years old
Short Answer Questions
1. From what hereditary disease does Etienne suffer?
2. Where did Léon Grégoire get his money?
3. What does Chaval do as Etienne is getting ready to kiss Catherine?
4. Who is the Voreux's manager?
5. What type of job did Etienne have previously?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)