|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapter 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Etienne feel about the miners with whom he is working?
2. Where did Léon Grégoire get his money?
(b) from his wife
(d) good investments
3. How do the visitors treat the people in the village?
(a) with aloofness
(b) with irritation
(c) with kindness
(d) with surface politeness
4. What does Etienne do about what he sees on his walk?
(b) he watches the miners
(c) he kills the criminal
(d) he reports the problem
5. Why does Etienne Lantier go for a walk?
(a) he needs the exercise
(b) he is meeting friends
(c) he is restless
(d) he has a headache
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Bonnemort begin working in the mine?
2. What is one of the reasons Etienne thinks he might be working in the mine?
3. What does the grocer want in order to help La Maheude?
4. Who is the overman who hires Étienne Lantier?
5. By what name does Bonnemort's daughter-in-law go?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)