|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapter 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does La Maheude go to ask for help?
(a) the Grégoires
(b) the charity center
(c) the priest
(d) the bank
2. What type of job did Etienne have previously?
(a) a manager
(b) an artist
(c) an engineer
(d) a mechanic
3. With whom does Bonnemort live?
(a) his wife
(b) his son
(c) no one
(d) his daughter
4. When did Bonnemort begin working in the mine?
(a) at 16 years old
(b) at 8 years old
(c) at 12 years old
(d) at 5 years old
5. What does Deneulin ask of Gregoire?
(a) to marry his daughter
(b) to borrow money
(c) to pay for Deneulin's schooling
(d) to invest in Gregoire's mine
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the overman who hires Étienne Lantier?
2. Why is Bonnemort delaying his retirement?
3. What does Etienne see during his walk?
4. What does Bonnemort mean?
5. What does Lantier think he must do to save Catherine?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)