|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapter 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what hereditary disease does Etienne suffer?
(c) weak bones
2. What type of job did Etienne have previously?
(a) a mechanic
(b) a manager
(c) an engineer
(d) an artist
3. Why can't Bonnemort work inside the Voreux anymore?
(a) he is sick and disabled
(b) his leg is broken
(c) he is not able to think due to a brain injury
(d) he is too old
4. How does Chaval feel about Catherine?
(a) he respects her
(b) he likes her
(c) he loves her
(d) he feels nothing
5. Why is Bonnemort delaying his retirement?
(a) to earn more money for retirement
(b) he wants to keep his grandchildren safe
(c) he has too many children to feed
(d) he likes working
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the grocer want in order to help La Maheude?
2. What is the old aristocratic tradition as far as handling money?
3. Where does Etienne go to rent a room?
4. What does Lantier think he must do to save Catherine?
5. How does Etienne feel about the miners with whom he is working?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)