|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapter 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Etienne Lantier?
(a) about 18
(b) about 40
(c) about 21
(d) about 30
2. Who is the overman who hires Étienne Lantier?
(c) Dom Gernera
3. From what hereditary disease does Etienne suffer?
(b) weak bones
4. Why do the supervisors fine the Maheu team?
(a) for faulty timbering
(b) for talking too much
(c) for stopping work before lunch
(d) for not meeting the daily quota
5. Why was Etienne fired from his previous job?
(a) hitting a supervisor
(b) drinking on the job
(c) political activity
(d) being too friendly with the owner's daughter
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chaval do as Etienne is getting ready to kiss Catherine?
2. Why is Bonnemort delaying his retirement?
3. What does Bonnemort tell Etienne about a job at the mine?
4. What is one of the reasons Etienne thinks he might be working in the mine?
5. How does Etienne feel about the miners with whom he is working?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)