|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapter 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bonnemort tell Etienne about a job at the mine?
(a) there's no opening for a mechanic
(b) he could be a supervisor
(c) that they need a mechanic
(d) there's lots of work
2. How many grandchildren does Bonnemort have?
3. Why can't Bonnemort work inside the Voreux anymore?
(a) his leg is broken
(b) he is sick and disabled
(c) he is too old
(d) he is not able to think due to a brain injury
4. Why does Chaval almost instantly dislike Etienne?
(a) he feels like Etienne is too smart
(b) he's jealous of him
(c) he feels superior to him
(d) he reminds him of his father
5. When did Bonnemort begin working in the mine?
(a) at 8 years old
(b) at 12 years old
(c) at 5 years old
(d) at 16 years old
Short Answer Questions
1. By what name does Bonnemort's daughter-in-law go?
2. Who is the overman who hires Étienne Lantier?
3. What does Chaval do as Etienne is getting ready to kiss Catherine?
4. What is the house number where Bonnemort lives?
5. How does Etienne feel about the miners with whom he is working?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)