|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapter 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the miners hate the supervisors?
(a) they're mean and fine them too much
(b) they don't work much
(c) they hit the miners with whips
(d) they have more money than the miners
2. With whom does Bonnemort live?
(a) his daughter
(b) no one
(c) his wife
(d) his son
3. From what hereditary disease does Etienne suffer?
(a) weak bones
4. By what name does Bonnemort's daughter-in-law go?
(a) La Maheude
5. Why is Bonnemort delaying his retirement?
(a) to earn more money for retirement
(b) he wants to keep his grandchildren safe
(c) he likes working
(d) he has too many children to feed
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the reasons Etienne thinks he might be working in the mine?
2. What is the mining settlement called where the novel takes place?
3. Why does Chaval almost instantly dislike Etienne?
4. What does Chaval do as Etienne is getting ready to kiss Catherine?
5. What are the type of people who tend to go to the Advantage?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)