|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapter 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Bonnemort delaying his retirement?
(a) he has too many children to feed
(b) to earn more money for retirement
(c) he wants to keep his grandchildren safe
(d) he likes working
2. What is the house number where Bonnemort lives?
(a) number 18
(b) number 16
(c) number 33
(d) number 24
3. Who is the overman who hires Étienne Lantier?
(c) Dom Gernera
4. What is the mining settlement called where the novel takes place?
(a) Two Hundred
(b) Two Hundred and Forty
(c) Verus De
(d) Village de Mine
5. By what name does Bonnemort's daughter-in-law go?
(c) La Maheude
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Chaval almost instantly dislike Etienne?
2. For what is Etienne hired?
3. From what hereditary disease does Etienne suffer?
4. How old is Etienne Lantier?
5. Who does Etienne meet on the first day of the job that he likes?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)