|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapter 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the mining settlement called where the novel takes place?
(a) Two Hundred and Forty
(b) Verus De
(c) Village de Mine
(d) Two Hundred
2. What is the house number where Bonnemort lives?
(a) number 18
(b) number 33
(c) number 16
(d) number 24
3. Why do the miners hate the supervisors?
(a) they have more money than the miners
(b) they don't work much
(c) they're mean and fine them too much
(d) they hit the miners with whips
4. What are the type of people who tend to go to the Advantage?
(a) dissatified workers
(b) mine management
(c) young people
(d) older men
5. Who does Etienne meet on the first day of the job that he likes?
(c) La Shale
Short Answer Questions
1. How many grandchildren does Bonnemort have?
2. How does Etienne feel about the miners with whom he is working?
3. With whom does Bonnemort live?
4. Why can't Bonnemort work inside the Voreux anymore?
5. Why is the innkeeper friendly with Etienne?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)