|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapter 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the reasons Etienne thinks he might be working in the mine?
(a) he's drawn to Catherine
(b) he enjoys being underground
(c) he likes to mine coal
(d) he wants to own a coal mine
2. What type of work does Bonnemort do for the mine?
(a) runs the cable
(c) tends the horses
3. Why can't Bonnemort work inside the Voreux anymore?
(a) he is too old
(b) he is sick and disabled
(c) he is not able to think due to a brain injury
(d) his leg is broken
4. What is the house number where Bonnemort lives?
(a) number 24
(b) number 18
(c) number 33
(d) number 16
5. Why is Bonnemort delaying his retirement?
(a) to earn more money for retirement
(b) he wants to keep his grandchildren safe
(c) he likes working
(d) he has too many children to feed
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the innkeeper friendly with Etienne?
2. What is the mining settlement called where the novel takes place?
3. Why does Chaval almost instantly dislike Etienne?
4. What does Bonnemort tell Etienne about a job at the mine?
5. What are the type of people who tend to go to the Advantage?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)