|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapter 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Etienne feel about the miners with whom he is working?
2. From what hereditary disease does Etienne suffer?
(a) weak bones
3. What is the mining settlement called where the novel takes place?
(a) Verus De
(b) Village de Mine
(c) Two Hundred and Forty
(d) Two Hundred
4. What does Bonnemort mean?
(a) good luck
(b) sturdy man
(c) bad future
(d) good death
5. By what name does Bonnemort's daughter-in-law go?
(c) La Maheude
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't Bonnemort work inside the Voreux anymore?
2. For what is Etienne hired?
3. Why is Bonnemort delaying his retirement?
4. What is the house number where Bonnemort lives?
5. What is one of the reasons Etienne thinks he might be working in the mine?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)