|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapter 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Bonnemort's family?
(a) the Forty family
(b) the Marsades family
(c) the Dauques family
(d) the Maheu family
2. What type of job did Etienne have previously?
(a) an artist
(b) a manager
(c) a mechanic
(d) an engineer
3. Who is the overman who hires Étienne Lantier?
(a) Dom Gernera
4. For what is Etienne hired?
(a) as a hewer
(b) as a loader
(c) as a carpenter
(d) as a horse tender
5. Why can't Bonnemort work inside the Voreux anymore?
(a) he is sick and disabled
(b) his leg is broken
(c) he is not able to think due to a brain injury
(d) he is too old
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Etienne fired from his previous job?
2. Where does Etienne Lantier arrive the night at the beginning of the novel?
3. By what name does Bonnemort's daughter-in-law go?
4. Where does Etienne go to rent a room?
5. How many grandchildren does Bonnemort have?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)