|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapter 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Etienne feel about the miners with whom he is working?
2. Why do the supervisors fine the Maheu team?
(a) for talking too much
(b) for faulty timbering
(c) for not meeting the daily quota
(d) for stopping work before lunch
3. Where does Etienne go to rent a room?
(a) the Advantage
(b) the Jolly Fellow
(d) Le Voreux
4. What is the name of Bonnemort's family?
(a) the Dauques family
(b) the Maheu family
(c) the Forty family
(d) the Marsades family
5. How old is Etienne Lantier?
(a) about 18
(b) about 30
(c) about 21
(d) about 40
Short Answer Questions
1. From what hereditary disease does Etienne suffer?
2. Why is the innkeeper friendly with Etienne?
3. With whom does Bonnemort live?
4. What does Bonnemort mean?
5. What is the mining settlement called where the novel takes place?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)