|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapter 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the reasons Etienne thinks he might be working in the mine?
(a) he wants to own a coal mine
(b) he likes to mine coal
(c) he enjoys being underground
(d) he's drawn to Catherine
2. What is the mining settlement called where the novel takes place?
(a) Two Hundred and Forty
(b) Village de Mine
(c) Two Hundred
(d) Verus De
3. For what is Etienne hired?
(a) as a hewer
(b) as a loader
(c) as a carpenter
(d) as a horse tender
4. What is the name of Bonnemort's family?
(a) the Maheu family
(b) the Marsades family
(c) the Forty family
(d) the Dauques family
5. How many members of the Maheu family work in the mines?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the supervisors fine the Maheu team?
2. Why is the innkeeper friendly with Etienne?
3. Who does Etienne meet on the first day of the job that he likes?
4. How many grandchildren does Bonnemort have?
5. Who is the overman who hires Étienne Lantier?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)