|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part VII: Chapter 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Etienne see Jeanlin do?
(a) burn the store
(b) kill the young soldier
(c) steal food
(d) kill Chaval
2. What happens to Alzire?
(a) he dies
(b) he goes back to work
(c) he becomes disabled
(d) he gets better
3. Who owns the Jean-Bart mine?
(b) Jacques Lefattle
(d) Léon Grégoire
4. Why do the miners organize a meeting in the forest?
(a) to plan a bank robbery
(b) to discuss Jean-Bart
(c) to march to Paris
(d) to find deer for food
5. Who is waiting for the Jean-Bart miners when they exit the mine?
(b) the Montsou miners
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Léon Grégoire get his money?
2. What causes an explosion at the Jean-Bart mine?
3. Why is Bonnemort delaying his retirement?
4. What does Negrel declare about the pit?
5. What does Etienne suggest the workers create?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)