Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part V: Chapter 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who owns the Jean-Bart mine?
(c) Léon Grégoire
(d) Jacques Lefattle
2. How does Grégoire feel about what the miners want?
(a) he hates them
(b) they should be content with what they have
(c) he agrees with them
(d) he's indifferent to them
3. Who goes with Chaval when he leaves the Voreux?
4. What happens with the provident fund?
(a) it grows slowly
(b) it never gets off the ground
(c) Etienne steals from it
(d) it grows quickly
5. What are the Hennebeaus doing the day the miners go on strike?
(a) attending a funeral
(b) visiting Paris
(c) hosting a social event for their friends
(d) having a wedding
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the miners hate the supervisors?
2. What is a ducasse?
3. What does Bonnemort tell Etienne about a job at the mine?
4. What do the Montsou miners do at the Mirou pit?
5. Why is Deneulin failing in his business?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)