|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapter 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Etienne's relationship with Catherine when he moves into her home?
(a) it falls apart
(b) it gets stronger
(c) it becomes physical
2. What does Etienne create with advice from his friend Pluchart?
(a) a new way to hew
(b) a new pay system
(c) a new system of managment
(d) a workers' union
3. Why did the Grégoires refuse to help the miners?
(a) they believe God doesn't want them to
(b) they hate poor people
(c) they believe the miners spend their money unwisely
(d) they are almost broke themselves
4. Who does Etienne hear talking as he walks?
(a) Jacques and Catherine
(b) Chaval and Catherine
(c) La Maheude and Bonnemort
(d) Jeanlin and Coltier
5. What is a ducasse?
(a) a type of duel
(b) a board game
(c) a card game
(d) a local fair
Short Answer Questions
1. By what name does Bonnemort's daughter-in-law go?
2. How do the visitors treat the people in the village?
3. Why was Etienne fired from his previous job?
4. Where does Chaval go when the miners strike?
5. How does Etienne feel about the miners with whom he is working?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)