|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part VI: Chapter 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the owner of the Jean-Bart mine think will happen if the miners strike his mine?
(a) he will go bankrupt
(b) his wife will leave him
(c) someone will be killed
(d) they will destroy the mine
2. What is the name of Bonnemort's family?
(a) the Marsades family
(b) the Dauques family
(c) the Forty family
(d) the Maheu family
3. What job does Négrel hold at the mine?
(a) a supervisor
(b) a carter
(c) a hewer
(d) an engineer
4. Where does La Maheude go to ask for help?
(a) the priest
(b) the bank
(c) the Grégoires
(d) the charity center
5. Why is life at the Maheus so difficult?
(a) Catherine is dying
(b) no food or heat
(c) Bonnemorte has died
(d) LaMaheude is crippled
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the old aristocratic tradition as far as handling money?
2. How are the miners presented to the visitors?
3. With whom does Bonnemort live?
4. When is the provident fund started by Etienne empty?
5. What does Etienne ask Catherine?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)