|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part VI: Chapter 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the Grégoires refuse to help the miners?
(a) they are almost broke themselves
(b) they hate poor people
(c) they believe the miners spend their money unwisely
(d) they believe God doesn't want them to
2. What happens to Alzire?
(a) he gets better
(b) he goes back to work
(c) he dies
(d) he becomes disabled
3. How does each supervisor or mine director get out of dealing with the miners?
(a) they claim to have no authority
(b) they ignore them
(c) they get police protection
(d) they leave town
4. What does Rasseneur feel about the strike?
(a) it should go on
(b) it's useless and absurd
(c) it's working
(d) excited that it happened
5. Who is Deneulin?
(a) the manager of the mine
(b) Catherine's boyfriend
(c) Grégoire's cousin
(d) a miner in Voreux
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens in the Maheu family as the strike is called?
2. What happens to Etienne's relationship with Catherine when he moves into her home?
3. Whose life does Lantier save when the Montsou miners are angry at Jean-Bart?
4. Who is Souvarine?
5. Why do the supervisors fine the Maheu team?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)