|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part VI: Chapter 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Bonnemort work inside the Voreux anymore?
(a) his leg is broken
(b) he is sick and disabled
(c) he is not able to think due to a brain injury
(d) he is too old
2. How do the miners leave if the cable is cut?
(a) walk the tunnel
(b) safety ladders
(c) ride the mine carts
(d) ropes thrown down
3. How does Etienne become a good hewer?
(a) Chaval teaches him
(b) Bonnemort takes him under his wing
(c) advice and help from Catherine
(d) he studies a book
4. What does Etienne ask Catherine?
(a) for some money
(b) that she move in with him
(c) that she kill Chaval
(d) that she start back to work
5. What happens with the provident fund?
(a) it grows slowly
(b) Etienne steals from it
(c) it never gets off the ground
(d) it grows quickly
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Etienne help Jeanlin?
2. Why do the activist miners say they have decided to leave the Advantage?
3. What has come to Montsou because of the strike?
4. Who does Etienne meet on the first day of the job that he likes?
5. What does the owner of the Jean-Bart mine think will happen if the miners strike his mine?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)