|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part VI: Chapter 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Jeanlin in the accident in November in the mine?
(a) he is injured
(b) he is crippled
(d) he is killed
2. What is hiding like for Etienne?
(b) like a game
(c) it has no effect on him
3. What do the Montsou miners do to the Jean-Bart mine?
(a) they burn it
(c) they destroy it
(d) they flood it
4. When did Bonnemort begin working in the mine?
(a) at 12 years old
(b) at 16 years old
(c) at 8 years old
(d) at 5 years old
5. What does Etienne ask Catherine?
(a) that she move in with him
(b) that she kill Chaval
(c) for some money
(d) that she start back to work
Short Answer Questions
1. How much do the miners' actions at the Jean-Bart mine affect work there?
2. Where does Etienne see Jeanlin go one evening?
3. What are the Hennebeaus doing the day the miners go on strike?
4. What does Pluchart say are the union's goals?
5. What does Lantier think he must do to save Catherine?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)