|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part VI: Chapter 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens in the Maheu family as the strike is called?
(a) they are fighting among themselves
(b) it is getting smaller
(c) it is getting poorer
(d) they steal more food
2. Why is life at the Maheus so difficult?
(a) LaMaheude is crippled
(b) no food or heat
(c) Catherine is dying
(d) Bonnemorte has died
3. What do the workers do at the Hennebeaus' house?
(a) throw rocks in the windows
(b) burn it down
(c) chant and demonstrate
(d) attend a party
4. How do the visitors feel about the Maheu children?
(a) they are delightful
(b) they are stupid
(c) they are funny
(d) they are frightful
5. Who does the owner of the Jean-Bart mine convince to stop the strike?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bonnemort mean?
2. What does the grocer want in order to help La Maheude?
3. What is one of the reasons Etienne thinks he might be working in the mine?
4. Who is the Voreux's manager?
5. Who does Etienne hear talking as he walks?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)