|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part VI: Chapter 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens with the provident fund?
(a) it never gets off the ground
(b) it grows slowly
(c) Etienne steals from it
(d) it grows quickly
2. What does Etienne tell the miners he wants to fight?
(a) poor conditions
(b) pay raises
(d) the mines closing
3. For what does Maheu get scolded by his boss?
(a) leaving a rotten timber in place
(b) having Etienne live with them
(c) dropping a cart
(d) being late to work
4. How are the miners presented to the visitors?
(a) as naughty children
(b) as hard working poor people
(c) as stupid beasts of burden
(d) like animals in a zoo
5. Why do the miners organize a meeting in the forest?
(a) to discuss Jean-Bart
(b) to plan a bank robbery
(c) to march to Paris
(d) to find deer for food
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the grocer want in order to help La Maheude?
2. How does Deneulin respond to Etienne's request?
3. What does Lantier think he must do to save Catherine?
4. What is the name of Bonnemort's family?
5. Why is the innkeeper friendly with Etienne?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)