|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part VI: Chapter 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Leon Grégoire's biggest concern in life?
(a) his son marrying well
(b) maintaining his lifestyle
(c) keeping his wife happy
(d) staying healthy
2. How does each supervisor or mine director get out of dealing with the miners?
(a) they ignore them
(b) they claim to have no authority
(c) they get police protection
(d) they leave town
3. What type of job did Etienne have previously?
(a) a manager
(b) a mechanic
(c) an artist
(d) an engineer
4. Who is waiting for the Jean-Bart miners when they exit the mine?
(c) the Montsou miners
5. How does Etienne become a good hewer?
(a) he studies a book
(b) Bonnemort takes him under his wing
(c) Chaval teaches him
(d) advice and help from Catherine
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the miners presented to the visitors?
2. Who does Etienne hear talking as he walks?
3. Why do the miners sign up with the union?
4. What does Deneulin ask of Gregoire?
5. What is the old aristocratic tradition as far as handling money?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)