|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapter 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the old aristocratic tradition as far as handling money?
(a) let someone else handle your money
(b) use capital wisely and moderately
(c) don't worry about money
(d) spend a lot of money for status
2. What is the name of Bonnemort's family?
(a) the Marsades family
(b) the Dauques family
(c) the Forty family
(d) the Maheu family
3. Where does Etienne go to rent a room?
(a) Le Voreux
(b) the Advantage
(c) the Jolly Fellow
4. Why do the miners hate the supervisors?
(a) they're mean and fine them too much
(b) they have more money than the miners
(c) they don't work much
(d) they hit the miners with whips
5. What is one of the reasons Etienne thinks he might be working in the mine?
(a) he wants to own a coal mine
(b) he enjoys being underground
(c) he's drawn to Catherine
(d) he likes to mine coal
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't Bonnemort work inside the Voreux anymore?
2. With whom does Bonnemort live?
3. Where do the Grégoires live?
4. How do the visitors treat the people in the village?
5. What type of work does Bonnemort do for the mine?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)