|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapter 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why would visitors come to the mining village?
(a) they want to see how poor people live
(b) they are related to Mrs. Hennebeau
(c) they're related to some mine investors
(d) they aren't wealthy enough for Paris
2. Who is Léon Grégoire?
(a) Chaval's father
(b) the Maheus' cousin
(c) an important investor in the mine
(d) the night watchman
3. Who does Etienne hear talking as he walks?
(a) Chaval and Catherine
(b) La Maheude and Bonnemort
(c) Jeanlin and Coltier
(d) Jacques and Catherine
4. Why does Bonnemort go outside to cough when the visitors are there?
(a) so he won't scare them
(b) so he won't be embarrassed
(c) so they don't know he's sick
(d) so he won't get anything on them
5. What is the old aristocratic tradition as far as handling money?
(a) spend a lot of money for status
(b) let someone else handle your money
(c) don't worry about money
(d) use capital wisely and moderately
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chaval do as Etienne is getting ready to kiss Catherine?
2. What is Leon Grégoire's biggest concern in life?
3. How does Léon Grégoire make his money?
4. How old is Etienne Lantier?
5. Why is the innkeeper friendly with Etienne?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)