|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapter 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Etienne do about what he sees on his walk?
(b) he kills the criminal
(c) he reports the problem
(d) he watches the miners
2. What is the mining settlement called where the novel takes place?
(a) Verus De
(b) Village de Mine
(c) Two Hundred
(d) Two Hundred and Forty
3. Where did Léon Grégoire get his money?
(a) good investments
(d) from his wife
4. What does the grocer want in order to help La Maheude?
(a) Catherine to come to the store
(b) one of La Maheude's family heirlooms
(c) La Maheude to work for him
(d) La Maheude to sleep with him
5. What does Bonnemort mean?
(a) bad future
(b) sturdy man
(c) good death
(d) good luck
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Etienne Lantier go for a walk?
2. Where does Etienne Lantier arrive the night at the beginning of the novel?
3. What is one of the reasons Etienne thinks he might be working in the mine?
4. How old is Etienne Lantier?
5. Who is Deneulin?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)