|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part VI: Chapter 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the miners do when the Grégoires pull up to the Hennebeaus' house?
(b) pull them out and kill them
(c) attack the carriage
(d) suround them and chant
2. How much do the miners' actions at the Jean-Bart mine affect work there?
(a) it slows work down
(b) it doesn't affect it
(c) it is now impossible
(d) it means the work force has to double
3. Why does Lantier set up a meeting with the miners?
(a) to encourage them
(b) to end the strike
(c) to distribute food
(d) to decide what to do
4. What do the workers do at the Hennebeaus' house?
(a) throw rocks in the windows
(b) burn it down
(c) attend a party
(d) chant and demonstrate
5. Where does Etienne see Jeanlin go one evening?
(a) to Chaval
(b) through a hidden hole
(c) to Denneulin
(d) to the Hennebeaus'
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the reasons Etienne thinks he might be working in the mine?
2. How does Lantier try to help the negotiation process?
3. Why can't Bonnemort work inside the Voreux anymore?
4. What does Etienne see Jeanlin do?
5. Why would visitors come to the mining village?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)