|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapter 1-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does each supervisor or mine director get out of dealing with the miners?
(a) they claim to have no authority
(b) they get police protection
(c) they ignore them
(d) they leave town
2. With whom does Bonnemort live?
(a) no one
(b) his wife
(c) his son
(d) his daughter
3. Why is La Maheude upset about her family?
(a) they are leaving home
(b) they all work in the mine
(c) they won't listen to her
(d) she doesn't have the money to feed them
4. What does the grocer want in order to help La Maheude?
(a) La Maheude to sleep with him
(b) La Maheude to work for him
(c) Catherine to come to the store
(d) one of La Maheude's family heirlooms
5. How do the mine owners lower the workers' pay in October?
(a) adds new taxes
(b) disguises it as a new mode of payment due
(c) makes the carts larger
(d) adds new fines
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the reasons Etienne thinks he might be working in the mine?
2. What does Pluchart say are the union's goals?
3. What are the Hennebeaus doing the day the miners go on strike?
4. Why is the meeting of the miners and Lantier stopped early?
5. What does Hennebeau tell the miners?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)