|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapter 1-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who goes with Chaval when he leaves the Voreux?
2. What are the Hennebeaus doing the day the miners go on strike?
(a) attending a funeral
(b) visiting Paris
(c) having a wedding
(d) hosting a social event for their friends
3. What does Lantier think he must do to save Catherine?
(a) get rid of Chaval
(b) tell her parents about Chaval
(c) ask her to marry him
(d) run away with her
4. How are the miners presented to the visitors?
(a) as stupid beasts of burden
(b) as hard working poor people
(c) like animals in a zoo
(d) as naughty children
5. During the last part of the strike what are many of the miners' children doing?
(a) vandalizing the managers' homes
(b) attacking the rich children
(c) destroying the town
(d) looking for activities that will feed them
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the workers do at the Hennebeaus' house?
2. Why is the innkeeper friendly with Etienne?
3. How does each supervisor or mine director get out of dealing with the miners?
4. What does Pluchart say are the union's goals?
5. Why do the miners organize a meeting in the forest?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)