|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapter 1-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who brings in friends from Paris to see the mining town?
(a) Mrs. Hennebeau
(d) the Grégoires
2. Why would visitors come to the mining village?
(a) they're related to some mine investors
(b) they want to see how poor people live
(c) they aren't wealthy enough for Paris
(d) they are related to Mrs. Hennebeau
3. What is one of the mines left working after the strike has spread?
4. How does each supervisor or mine director get out of dealing with the miners?
(a) they leave town
(b) they claim to have no authority
(c) they get police protection
(d) they ignore them
5. Why do the miners organize a meeting in the forest?
(a) to discuss Jean-Bart
(b) to march to Paris
(c) to plan a bank robbery
(d) to find deer for food
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Souvarine think is the solution to the miners' problems?
2. Why do the miners sign up with the union?
3. Who do the women go to for food?
4. How many grandchildren does Bonnemort have?
5. About what do Etienne and Souvarine talk?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)