|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapter 1-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the miners demand of Mr. Hennebeau?
(a) to shut down the mine
(b) to leave town
(c) to have a meeting
(d) to give them better health care
2. Why does Lantier set up a meeting with the miners?
(a) to distribute food
(b) to decide what to do
(c) to end the strike
(d) to encourage them
3. How do the visitors treat the people in the village?
(a) with surface politeness
(b) with kindness
(c) with aloofness
(d) with irritation
4. What is one of the reasons Etienne thinks he might be working in the mine?
(a) he's drawn to Catherine
(b) he likes to mine coal
(c) he enjoys being underground
(d) he wants to own a coal mine
5. How does Etienne feel about the miners with whom he is working?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Zacharie?
2. What is a ducasse?
3. What does Chaval do as Etienne is getting ready to kiss Catherine?
4. What do the miners decide to do when the company lowers their pay?
5. Why do the miners sign up with the union?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)