|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapter 1-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the visitors treat the people in the village?
(a) with aloofness
(b) with surface politeness
(c) with irritation
(d) with kindness
2. Who is Deneulin?
(a) the manager of the mine
(b) a miner in Voreux
(c) Catherine's boyfriend
(d) Grégoire's cousin
3. Why do the miners organize a meeting in the forest?
(a) to plan a bank robbery
(b) to discuss Jean-Bart
(c) to march to Paris
(d) to find deer for food
4. Who is the Voreux's manager?
(b) Mr. Hennebeau
(c) Mr. LaFatette
5. What do the miners decide to do when the company lowers their pay?
(a) destroy the mine
(b) go on strike
(c) kill the owner
(d) rob the mine's payroll
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the miners sign up with the union?
2. Why is the innkeeper friendly with Etienne?
3. What does Lantier think he must do to save Catherine?
4. Why can't Bonnemort work inside the Voreux anymore?
5. What happens in the Maheu family as the strike is called?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)