|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapter 1-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many members of the Maheu family work in the mines?
2. What do the miners decide to do when the company lowers their pay?
(a) rob the mine's payroll
(b) go on strike
(c) destroy the mine
(d) kill the owner
3. Where does Chaval go when the miners strike?
(a) to England
(b) to the Jean-Bart pit
(c) to LaSalle
(d) to Paris
4. What does Maheu ask of Hennebeau?
(a) to join the union
(b) for money to feed his family
(c) justice and for bread every day
(d) to be made a supervisor in the mine
5. Who brings in friends from Paris to see the mining town?
(b) Mrs. Hennebeau
(c) the Grégoires
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bonnemort tell Etienne about a job at the mine?
2. Where does Etienne see Jeanlin go one evening?
3. How are the miners presented to the visitors?
4. How does Etienne become a good hewer?
5. During the last part of the strike what are many of the miners' children doing?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)