|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapter 1-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the workers do at the Hennebeaus' house?
(a) burn it down
(b) throw rocks in the windows
(c) chant and demonstrate
(d) attend a party
2. What are the Hennebeaus doing the day the miners go on strike?
(a) attending a funeral
(b) having a wedding
(c) visiting Paris
(d) hosting a social event for their friends
3. Why does Lantier set up a meeting with the miners?
(a) to distribute food
(b) to encourage them
(c) to end the strike
(d) to decide what to do
4. What is the mining settlement called where the novel takes place?
(a) Verus De
(b) Village de Mine
(c) Two Hundred
(d) Two Hundred and Forty
5. How does Lantier try to help the negotiation process?
(a) meeting with Hennebeau
(b) killing a mine owner
(c) destroying a mine shaft
(d) keeping food from the wealthy
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the new capitalistic trend concerning money?
2. How does Chaval feel about Catherine?
3. Who is Souvarine?
4. Who comes to the Maheu house with food for the family?
5. Why do the miners hate the supervisors?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)