|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapter 1-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Rasseneur?
(a) the owner of Jean-Bart
(b) the owner of the Advantage
(c) the owner of the Jolly Roger
(d) the manager of Jean-Bart
2. What happens to Etienne's relationship with Catherine when he moves into her home?
(b) it falls apart
(c) it becomes physical
(d) it gets stronger
3. What are the type of people who tend to go to the Advantage?
(a) mine management
(b) dissatified workers
(c) young people
(d) older men
4. For what is Etienne hired?
(a) as a carpenter
(b) as a horse tender
(c) as a hewer
(d) as a loader
5. Why did the Grégoires refuse to help the miners?
(a) they believe God doesn't want them to
(b) they believe the miners spend their money unwisely
(c) they hate poor people
(d) they are almost broke themselves
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the new capitalistic trend concerning money?
2. How does each supervisor or mine director get out of dealing with the miners?
3. Why does Etienne Lantier go for a walk?
4. Where does Etienne go to rent a room?
5. When did Bonnemort begin working in the mine?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)