|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapter 1-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the innkeeper friendly with Etienne?
(a) Etienne buys everyone drinks
(b) he knows Pluchart
(c) he likes new people
(d) he has money
2. How does Lantier try to help the negotiation process?
(a) keeping food from the wealthy
(b) destroying a mine shaft
(c) meeting with Hennebeau
(d) killing a mine owner
3. Why do the miners sign up with the union?
(a) they believe Pluchart's speech
(b) they think the union will feed them
(c) they think the union will bring down the rich
(d) they have no where else to turn
4. What does Hennebeau tell the miners?
(a) he'll lower the prices in the grocery store
(b) he'll suspend rent payments on the homes
(c) he'll raise their salary
(d) he'll talk to his superiors
5. How does each supervisor or mine director get out of dealing with the miners?
(a) they ignore them
(b) they leave town
(c) they get police protection
(d) they claim to have no authority
Short Answer Questions
1. About what do Etienne and Souvarine talk?
2. What happens to Etienne's relationship with Catherine when he moves into her home?
3. What type of job did Etienne have previously?
4. What type of work does Bonnemort do for the mine?
5. Why do the miners organize a meeting in the forest?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)