|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapter 1-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lantier think he must do to save Catherine?
(a) tell her parents about Chaval
(b) get rid of Chaval
(c) ask her to marry him
(d) run away with her
2. Who is the Voreux's manager?
(b) Mr. Hennebeau
(d) Mr. LaFatette
3. Who is Deneulin?
(a) a miner in Voreux
(b) Grégoire's cousin
(c) Catherine's boyfriend
(d) the manager of the mine
4. When is the provident fund started by Etienne empty?
(a) by December
(b) by March
(c) in January
(d) by November
5. What is Leon Grégoire's biggest concern in life?
(a) his son marrying well
(b) staying healthy
(c) maintaining his lifestyle
(d) keeping his wife happy
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Etienne hear talking as he walks?
2. What is the old aristocratic tradition as far as handling money?
3. Where does Etienne see Jeanlin go one evening?
4. How does Lantier try to help the negotiation process?
5. Why do the miners sign up with the union?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)