|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapter 1-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is La Maheude given instead of food?
(a) a job
(c) clothes for the children
2. When did Bonnemort begin working in the mine?
(a) at 8 years old
(b) at 5 years old
(c) at 16 years old
(d) at 12 years old
3. Why can't Bonnemort work inside the Voreux anymore?
(a) he is sick and disabled
(b) he is too old
(c) his leg is broken
(d) he is not able to think due to a brain injury
4. Who goes with Chaval when he leaves the Voreux?
5. What is one of the reasons Etienne thinks he might be working in the mine?
(a) he wants to own a coal mine
(b) he's drawn to Catherine
(c) he enjoys being underground
(d) he likes to mine coal
Short Answer Questions
1. From what hereditary disease does Etienne suffer?
2. Who is Deneulin?
3. Why do the Maheus see Catherine moving out as a traitor act to the family?
4. What happens to Jeanlin in the accident in November in the mine?
5. What is the name of Bonnemort's family?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)