|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapter 1-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bonnemort mean?
(a) bad future
(b) good luck
(c) good death
(d) sturdy man
2. Why does Etienne Lantier go for a walk?
(a) he needs the exercise
(b) he is meeting friends
(c) he has a headache
(d) he is restless
3. How does Chaval feel about Catherine?
(a) he feels nothing
(b) he respects her
(c) he loves her
(d) he likes her
4. How do the visitors treat the people in the village?
(a) with surface politeness
(b) with aloofness
(c) with irritation
(d) with kindness
5. Why does Chaval believe he owns Catherine?
(a) because he is older than she
(b) because they are engaged
(c) because he gives her money
(d) because he took her virginity
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is La Maheude upset about her family?
2. What do the miners demand of Mr. Hennebeau?
3. What do the miners decide to do about Jean-Bart?
4. What does Deneulin ask of Gregoire?
5. Who is the overman who hires Étienne Lantier?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)