|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapter 1-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the meeting of the miners and Lantier stopped early?
(a) the police come
(b) the miners decide to end the strike
(c) the miners attack him
(d) the owners agree to the demands
2. When did Bonnemort begin working in the mine?
(a) at 8 years old
(b) at 16 years old
(c) at 5 years old
(d) at 12 years old
3. What do the miners demand of Mr. Hennebeau?
(a) to give them better health care
(b) to have a meeting
(c) to shut down the mine
(d) to leave town
4. What is one of the mines left working after the strike has spread?
5. What happens to Etienne's relationship with Catherine when he moves into her home?
(a) it falls apart
(b) it gets stronger
(c) it becomes physical
Short Answer Questions
1. By January, what problem do the striking miners face?
2. What is the new capitalistic trend concerning money?
3. What does the grocer want in order to help La Maheude?
4. Why is Bonnemort delaying his retirement?
5. What does Etienne suggest the workers create?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)