|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapter 1-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the last part of the strike what are many of the miners' children doing?
(a) looking for activities that will feed them
(b) vandalizing the managers' homes
(c) attacking the rich children
(d) destroying the town
2. Why does Chaval believe he owns Catherine?
(a) because they are engaged
(b) because he took her virginity
(c) because he is older than she
(d) because he gives her money
3. How does Chaval feel about Catherine?
(a) he likes her
(b) he loves her
(c) he respects her
(d) he feels nothing
4. What is Leon Grégoire's biggest concern in life?
(a) keeping his wife happy
(b) staying healthy
(c) maintaining his lifestyle
(d) his son marrying well
5. What does Etienne suggest the workers create?
(a) a health plan
(b) a different shift system
(c) a provident fund
(d) a way to rotate workers
Short Answer Questions
1. When is the provident fund started by Etienne empty?
2. How old is Etienne Lantier?
3. What does Etienne do about what he sees on his walk?
4. Why do the activist miners say they have decided to leave the Advantage?
5. What does Etienne think about his position as leader in the strike?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)