|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapter 1-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chaval do as Etienne is getting ready to kiss Catherine?
(a) dumps water on Etienne
(b) pulls Catherine away
(c) slips between them
(d) hits Etienne
2. What do the workers do at the Hennebeaus' house?
(a) throw rocks in the windows
(b) chant and demonstrate
(c) burn it down
(d) attend a party
3. What is the old aristocratic tradition as far as handling money?
(a) let someone else handle your money
(b) use capital wisely and moderately
(c) spend a lot of money for status
(d) don't worry about money
4. Who comes to the Maheu house with food for the family?
5. What does Hennebeau tell the miners?
(a) he'll suspend rent payments on the homes
(b) he'll raise their salary
(c) he'll talk to his superiors
(d) he'll lower the prices in the grocery store
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the Maheus invite Etienne to live with them?
2. How does Etienne feel about the miners with whom he is working?
3. How does Grégoire feel about what the miners want?
4. How do the mine owners lower the workers' pay in October?
5. By January, what problem do the striking miners face?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)