|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapter 1-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the mines left working after the strike has spread?
2. Why do the Maheus see Catherine moving out as a traitor act to the family?
(a) she can't babysit the younger children
(b) she's living unmarried with a man
(c) she is giving her money to Chaval
(d) her wages will be lost
3. What does Souvarine think is the solution to the miners' problems?
(a) banding together
(b) total destruction of everything
(d) working harder
4. Why would visitors come to the mining village?
(a) they're related to some mine investors
(b) they are related to Mrs. Hennebeau
(c) they want to see how poor people live
(d) they aren't wealthy enough for Paris
5. Who is Zacharie?
(a) Etienne's cousin
(b) a young street vendor
(c) the oldest Maheu child
(d) Chaval's brother
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Chaval almost instantly dislike Etienne?
2. What does Etienne suggest the workers create?
3. What does Bonnemort mean?
4. Why do the miners follow Lantier as a leader?
5. What does the grocer want in order to help La Maheude?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)