|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part VI: Chapter 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who brings in friends from Paris to see the mining town?
(b) the Grégoires
(d) Mrs. Hennebeau
2. Where does Etienne see Jeanlin go one evening?
(a) to Chaval
(b) through a hidden hole
(c) to the Hennebeaus'
(d) to Denneulin
3. Why is La Maheude upset about her family?
(a) they all work in the mine
(b) she doesn't have the money to feed them
(c) they are leaving home
(d) they won't listen to her
4. What does Deneulin ask of Gregoire?
(a) to marry his daughter
(b) to invest in Gregoire's mine
(c) to pay for Deneulin's schooling
(d) to borrow money
5. What are the Hennebeaus doing the day the miners go on strike?
(a) attending a funeral
(b) visiting Paris
(c) hosting a social event for their friends
(d) having a wedding
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Deneulin failing in his business?
2. Who does Etienne hear talking as he walks?
3. Where did Léon Grégoire get his money?
4. How does the union help the miners?
5. What does Etienne think about his position as leader in the strike?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)