|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part VI: Chapter 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the Grégoires live?
(c) near Montsou
(d) at the village
2. What does Etienne see Jeanlin do?
(a) kill the young soldier
(b) burn the store
(c) steal food
(d) kill Chaval
3. When is the provident fund started by Etienne empty?
(a) by December
(b) by March
(c) in January
(d) by November
4. Who is Léon Grégoire?
(a) the Maheus' cousin
(b) Chaval's father
(c) an important investor in the mine
(d) the night watchman
5. What do the miners demand of Mr. Hennebeau?
(a) to leave town
(b) to have a meeting
(c) to shut down the mine
(d) to give them better health care
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lantier think he must do to save Catherine?
2. What do the miners do at the entrance to the mine?
3. By January, what problem do the striking miners face?
4. Why is La Maheude upset about her family?
5. What happens when the Borains arrive at the mine to work?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)