|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part VI: Chapter 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Alzire?
(a) he goes back to work
(b) he becomes disabled
(c) he dies
(d) he gets better
2. How are the miners presented to the visitors?
(a) as hard working poor people
(b) as stupid beasts of burden
(c) as naughty children
(d) like animals in a zoo
3. What does Etienne ask Catherine?
(a) that she start back to work
(b) for some money
(c) that she move in with him
(d) that she kill Chaval
4. Why do the miners sign up with the union?
(a) they think the union will feed them
(b) they believe Pluchart's speech
(c) they have no where else to turn
(d) they think the union will bring down the rich
5. What is Leon Grégoire's biggest concern in life?
(a) his son marrying well
(b) keeping his wife happy
(c) staying healthy
(d) maintaining his lifestyle
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the Grégoires refuse to help the miners?
2. Why do the miners organize a meeting in the forest?
3. Why does Etienne come out from hiding?
4. What do the workers do at the Hennebeaus' house?
5. What does the mine owners announce Négrel is doing?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)