|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part VI: Chapter 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Etienne see Jeanlin go one evening?
(a) to Denneulin
(b) to Chaval
(c) through a hidden hole
(d) to the Hennebeaus'
2. What does Etienne see during his walk?
(a) the mine being worked
(b) the rape of Catherine
(c) the rape of La Maheude
(d) stealing from the grocery store
3. How does Chaval feel about Catherine?
(a) he feels nothing
(b) he likes her
(c) he respects her
(d) he loves her
4. What do the miners demand of Mr. Hennebeau?
(a) to give them better health care
(b) to shut down the mine
(c) to have a meeting
(d) to leave town
5. Why does Bonnemort go outside to cough when the visitors are there?
(a) so he won't be embarrassed
(b) so he won't get anything on them
(c) so he won't scare them
(d) so they don't know he's sick
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the Borains arrive at the mine to work?
2. What is the old aristocratic tradition as far as handling money?
3. Who does Etienne hear talking as he walks?
4. What does Hennebeau tell the miners?
5. What does Etienne think about his position as leader in the strike?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)