|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part VI: Chapter 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Léon Grégoire make his money?
(a) he's a banker
(b) from the grocery store
(c) from the mine profits
(d) he's a trader
2. Where does La Maheude go to ask for help?
(a) the Grégoires
(b) the bank
(c) the priest
(d) the charity center
3. What is hiding like for Etienne?
(a) like a game
(d) it has no effect on him
4. Why is Deneulin failing in his business?
(a) he has lazy workers
(b) he is stupid
(c) his accountant steals from him
(d) he lacks management skills
5. Why does Lantier set up a meeting with the miners?
(a) to decide what to do
(b) to end the strike
(c) to encourage them
(d) to distribute food
Short Answer Questions
1. What has come to Montsou because of the strike?
2. Why do the miners follow Lantier as a leader?
3. How does Lantier try to help the negotiation process?
4. During the last part of the strike what are many of the miners' children doing?
5. What is the old aristocratic tradition as far as handling money?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)