|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part VI: Chapter 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the mine owners announce Négrel is doing?
(a) going to bring back foreign miners
(c) going to shut down the mine permanently
(d) going to revamp the mine
2. Where did Léon Grégoire get his money?
(a) good investments
(c) from his wife
3. What is the new capitalistic trend concerning money?
(a) give money to poor people
(b) invest in speculation
(c) put the money in a bank
(d) put the capital to work and maximize profit
4. Why does Lantier set up a meeting with the miners?
(a) to end the strike
(b) to decide what to do
(c) to encourage them
(d) to distribute food
5. What does Deneulin ask of Gregoire?
(a) to invest in Gregoire's mine
(b) to pay for Deneulin's schooling
(c) to borrow money
(d) to marry his daughter
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the atmosphere like in the Maheu household?
2. What does Rasseneur feel about the strike?
3. Why do the miners follow Lantier as a leader?
4. What does the grocer want in order to help La Maheude?
5. What does Pluchart say are the union's goals?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)