|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part VI: Chapter 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Deneulin failing in his business?
(a) he is stupid
(b) he lacks management skills
(c) he has lazy workers
(d) his accountant steals from him
2. Why do the miners sign up with the union?
(a) they believe Pluchart's speech
(b) they think the union will feed them
(c) they think the union will bring down the rich
(d) they have no where else to turn
3. Why does Lantier set up a meeting with the miners?
(a) to distribute food
(b) to end the strike
(c) to decide what to do
(d) to encourage them
4. Who does Etienne hear talking as he walks?
(a) Jacques and Catherine
(b) La Maheude and Bonnemort
(c) Jeanlin and Coltier
(d) Chaval and Catherine
5. Who do the women go to for food?
(b) the church
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the Grégoires refuse to help the miners?
2. What does Hennebeau tell the miners?
3. Who comes to the Maheu house with food for the family?
4. How does Chaval feel about Catherine?
5. What do the miners do at the entrance to the mine?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)