|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part VI: Chapter 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the Hennebeaus doing the day the miners go on strike?
(a) having a wedding
(b) hosting a social event for their friends
(c) attending a funeral
(d) visiting Paris
2. Why does Lantier decide to hide?
(a) Chaval is going to kill him
(b) his old supervisor is looking for him
(c) the miners are mad at him
(d) he steals some food
3. What is one of the mines left working after the strike has spread?
4. Where does Etienne see Jeanlin go one evening?
(a) to Denneulin
(b) through a hidden hole
(c) to the Hennebeaus'
(d) to Chaval
5. How does Lantier try to help the negotiation process?
(a) keeping food from the wealthy
(b) killing a mine owner
(c) destroying a mine shaft
(d) meeting with Hennebeau
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Etienne come out from hiding?
2. How do the visitors feel about the Maheu children?
3. What do the miners demand of Mr. Hennebeau?
4. Where does La Maheude go to ask for help?
5. What happens when the Borains arrive at the mine to work?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)