|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part VI: Chapter 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chaval announce when he comes to the Advantage during the strike?
(a) he's now a supervisor
(b) he's going to Paris
(c) he is going to marry Catherine
(d) he will return to work
2. By January, what problem do the striking miners face?
(a) owners destroying the mines
(b) thugs beating them up
(c) lack of sunshine
(d) cold and hunger
3. Where does La Maheude go to ask for help?
(a) the bank
(b) the charity center
(c) the priest
(d) the Grégoires
4. Why would visitors come to the mining village?
(a) they're related to some mine investors
(b) they want to see how poor people live
(c) they aren't wealthy enough for Paris
(d) they are related to Mrs. Hennebeau
5. Why does Bonnemort go outside to cough when the visitors are there?
(a) so he won't be embarrassed
(b) so he won't scare them
(c) so they don't know he's sick
(d) so he won't get anything on them
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Grégoire feel about what the miners want?
2. Where do the Grégoires live?
3. What does Rasseneur feel about the strike?
4. Why do the miners follow Lantier as a leader?
5. Why is life at the Maheus so difficult?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)