|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part VI: Chapter 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rasseneur feel about the strike?
(a) it's working
(b) excited that it happened
(c) it should go on
(d) it's useless and absurd
2. Why did the Grégoires refuse to help the miners?
(a) they believe the miners spend their money unwisely
(b) they are almost broke themselves
(c) they hate poor people
(d) they believe God doesn't want them to
3. What happens to Alzire?
(a) he goes back to work
(b) he dies
(c) he gets better
(d) he becomes disabled
4. What is La Maheude given instead of food?
(a) a job
(b) clothes for the children
5. Why do the miners follow Lantier as a leader?
(a) he is a college graduate
(b) they agree with his ideas
(c) he makes great speeches
(d) he is from a wealthy family
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Etienne hear talking as he walks?
2. Why do the miners organize a meeting in the forest?
3. What do the miners do at the entrance to the mine?
4. Where does La Maheude go to ask for help?
5. Who do the women go to for food?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)