|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part VI: Chapter 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Voreux's manager?
(a) Mr. LaFatette
(d) Mr. Hennebeau
2. Why did the Grégoires refuse to help the miners?
(a) they are almost broke themselves
(b) they hate poor people
(c) they believe the miners spend their money unwisely
(d) they believe God doesn't want them to
3. By January, what problem do the striking miners face?
(a) cold and hunger
(b) owners destroying the mines
(c) lack of sunshine
(d) thugs beating them up
4. Why does Etienne Lantier go for a walk?
(a) he is restless
(b) he has a headache
(c) he needs the exercise
(d) he is meeting friends
5. What is the new capitalistic trend concerning money?
(a) give money to poor people
(b) put the money in a bank
(c) invest in speculation
(d) put the capital to work and maximize profit
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the miners do to the soldiers?
2. What does Etienne do about what he sees on his walk?
3. Where do the Grégoires live?
4. How does each supervisor or mine director get out of dealing with the miners?
5. What major character is killed at the confrontation at the mine?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)