|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part VI: Chapter 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is La Maheude given instead of food?
(a) a job
(c) clothes for the children
2. What does Chaval announce when he comes to the Advantage during the strike?
(a) he's now a supervisor
(b) he's going to Paris
(c) he will return to work
(d) he is going to marry Catherine
3. What is the old aristocratic tradition as far as handling money?
(a) use capital wisely and moderately
(b) spend a lot of money for status
(c) let someone else handle your money
(d) don't worry about money
4. How does Lantier try to help the negotiation process?
(a) killing a mine owner
(b) meeting with Hennebeau
(c) destroying a mine shaft
(d) keeping food from the wealthy
5. What does Rasseneur feel about the strike?
(a) it's useless and absurd
(b) it's working
(c) excited that it happened
(d) it should go on
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Etienne talk about with his new friend?
2. Why would visitors come to the mining village?
3. How do the miners feel about the Borains?
4. What is the atmosphere like in the Maheu household?
5. Who brings in friends from Paris to see the mining town?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)