|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ruth comfort Patty in Chapter 11?
(a) Gives her aspirin and ointment.
(b) Offers her money.
(c) Gives her a hug.
(d) Agrees that her father is cruel.
2. Whom does Patty kiss in Chapter 13?
(d) No one.
3. Who is Mavis?
(a) Ruth's new employer.
(b) Patty's roommate at the girls' reformatory.
(c) The social worker handling Patty's case.
(d) The head matron at the girls' reformatory.
4. What does Patty believe her father would gain from turning in Anton?
(a) Enough money to keep his business alive.
(b) Respect from the town.
(d) The satisfaction of ruining Patty's life.
5. How long will Patty spend at the girls' reformatory?
(a) Two years.
(b) Two months.
(c) Four years.
(d) Four months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anton give Patty in Chapter 13?
2. In Chapter 17, what does Mr. Bergen claim Patty has done?
3. In Chapter 16, what does Patty hide in Ruth's apron pocket?
4. Why does Patty think her father is treating her differently in Chapter 16?
5. What does Mrs. Bergen ask Mr. Bergen in Chapter 15?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)