|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Edna Louise say about Anton?
(a) He deserves a chance.
(b) Since he knows English, he's probably a spy.
(c) He is on the devil's side.
(d) He is handsome.
2. In Chapter 8, who does Patty see in her hideout?
(a) Her father.
(b) Edna Louise.
(d) A stranger.
3. How does Patty surprise Ruth in Chapter 10?
(a) By waking up on her own.
(b) By washing her own plate and cup.
(c) By giving Ruth a hug.
(d) By bathing and dressing nicely on her own.
4. In Chapter 8, what does the proclamation that Patty reads state?
(a) Sugar and oil will be rationed.
(b) Spies will be arrested.
(c) All citizens should be inside after 8 p.m.
(d) Spies will be put to death.
5. Why doesn't Mr. Bergen like Grandpa Fried?
(a) Mr. Bergen is jealous of Grandpa Fried's success.
(b) Grandpa Fried did not give Mr. Bergen a job in the family business.
(c) Grandpa Fried is charging Mr. Bergen interest on a business loan.
(d) Grandpa Fried makes fun of Mr. Bergen's heritage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the Germans looking for in Chapter 3?
2. Where is Patty's hideout?
3. Who is Charlene Madlee?
4. What does Sharon pretend to see on Mrs. Bergen?
5. Where does Patty's grandmother live?
Short Essay Questions
1. What other institution does Patty compare to the girl's reformatory?
2. Why does Patty lie to Sister Parker in Chapter 4?
3. Why doesn't Mr. Bergen like Grandpa Fried?
4. Why does Patty visit Edna Louise in Chapter 4?
5. Why does Anton decide to leave the safety of the Bergen's garage?
6. Describe Edna Louise.
7. What role does Ruth play in Patty's life?
8. What new information does Patty attempt to tell her parents in Chapter 6?
9. Why is Patty questioned by the FBI in Chapter 9?
10. In Chapter 9, why does Patty lie to her father and the FBI?
This section contains 999 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)