|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Edna Louise say about Anton?
(a) He is on the devil's side.
(b) Since he knows English, he's probably a spy.
(c) He deserves a chance.
(d) He is handsome.
2. In Chapter 8, what does the proclamation that Patty reads state?
(a) Sugar and oil will be rationed.
(b) All citizens should be inside after 8 p.m.
(c) Spies will be arrested.
(d) Spies will be put to death.
3. How wealthy were Mr. Bergen's parents?
(a) They were extremely poor.
(b) They were wealthy, but donated much of their money to charity.
(c) They were middle class business owners.
(d) They were extremely wealthy.
4. Who is Edna Louise?
(a) Sister Parker's daughter.
(b) A popular girl who goes to school with Patty.
(c) Patty's best friend.
(d) Patty's cousin.
5. What excuse does Patty give for laughing with Anton?
(a) Anton was making funny faces at the guard.
(b) Anton told her a funny story.
(c) She was laughing because she was nervous.
(d) She was laughing at his poor knowledge of English.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Patty's ethnic heritage?
2. Who do the Germans remind Patty of?
3. What happens at dinner in Chapter 7?
4. Whom does Anton dislike?
5. What does Patty's father do when he sees her with Freddy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What assistance does Patty give Anton in Chapter 8?
2. Describe Edna Louise.
3. What is the result of Patty's visit to the beautician?
4. Why does Patty throw up in Chapter 7?
5. Why does Patty visit Edna Louise in Chapter 4?
6. What new information does Patty attempt to tell her parents in Chapter 6?
7. Why does Anton decide to leave the safety of the Bergen's garage?
8. In Chapter 20, what options does Patty consider for her future?
9. Why is Patty questioned by the FBI in Chapter 9?
10. What social rules does Patty break in talking to Anton?
This section contains 1,059 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)