|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Patty sell Anton Reiker in Chapter 3?
(a) A pencil sharpener.
(b) Work boots.
(c) A coat.
2. What had Patty given up the previous year in order to purchase her father's monogrammed shirt?
(a) Purchasing books.
(b) New shoes.
3. Why do the Bergens go to Memphis in Chapter 2?
(a) To visit Mr. Bergen's parents.
(b) To visit Mrs. Bergen's parents.
(c) To hear a concert.
(d) To look for work.
4. When is "Summer of My German Soldier" set?
(a) After World War II.
(b) During World War I.
(c) After World War I.
(d) During World War II.
5. Who interprets for the Germans in Chapter 3?
(a) Anton Reiker.
(b) The warden.
(c) Mrs. Bergen.
(d) A Staff Sergeant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Patty willing to help Anton?
2. What happens at dinner in Chapter 7?
3. What does Patty do with her father's monogrammed shirt?
4. Who does Patty decide to find food for in Chapter 7?
5. How old is Anton?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Patty's mother deceive her in Chapter 2?
2. Why does Mr. Bergen treat Patty differently in Chapter 16?
3. Why doesn't Mr. Bergen like Grandpa Fried?
4. Why does Grandma Fried tell Patty she has nothing to apologize for?
5. How does Patty learn of Anton's death?
6. How is abuse affecting the Bergen family?
7. Why does Anton compare Mr. Bergen to Hitler?
8. Why does Patty speak to Anton, a prisoner, in Chapter 3?
9. In Chapter 7, what does Patty see from her hideout?
10. Describe Edna Louise.
This section contains 1,064 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)