|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what event did Patty purchase the monogrammed shirt?
(b) Father's day.
(c) Her father's birthday.
2. Who do Patty and Charlene visit in Chapter 9?
(b) Patty's grandmother.
(c) The warden of the prison camp.
(d) Edna Louise.
3. What does Patty dream about at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) Searching for her real mother on a horse named Evol.
(b) Riding behind Anton on a black horse.
(c) Eating dinner with Anton in a fine restaurant.
(d) Running away to live with her grandmother.
4. Why does Patty visit Edna Louise?
(a) She wants to talk about Anton.
(b) To confess her crime.
(c) She wants to warn Edna about Sister Parker.
(d) To find answers.
5. What lie does Mrs. Bergen tell Grandma Fried in Chapter 2?
(a) Patty is busy with a school play.
(b) Patty is too busy with school.
(c) Patty is too busy with her friends.
(d) Patty must work in the store after school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Patty see from her hideout?
2. Whom does Anton dislike?
3. Who is Edna Louise?
4. What has Mr. Bergen never shown Grandpa Fried?
5. What would Grandma Fried like for Patty to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Patty's mother deceive her in Chapter 2?
2. How do Patty's parents treat their oldest daughter?
3. Why does Patty lie to Sister Parker in Chapter 4?
4. Describe Patty Bergen.
5. Why do the German prisoners enter the Bergen's store in Chapter 3?
6. What prayer does Patty offer in Chapter 3?
7. Why does Patty speak to Anton, a prisoner, in Chapter 3?
8. Why does Grimes ask Patty to not let anyone know that he bought her lunch?
9. How does Ruth stun Miss Laud?
10. Why does Patty give Anton her father's monogrammed shirt?
This section contains 1,058 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)