|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Patty ask Anton in Chapter 3?
(a) Did he like America?
(b) Where did he learn to speak English?
(c) How long will he stay in America?
(d) How was he captured?
2. Who do the Germans remind Patty of?
(a) The local high school football team.
(b) A box of old tin soldiers.
(c) A crew from the Public Works Department.
(d) Soldiers on parade.
3. Which character is accused of being a Nazi saboteur?
(d) Mr. Bergen.
4. What happens to Patty's hair in Chapter 6?
(a) She dyes it blond.
(b) It becomes dry and frizzy from the bad perm.
(c) She has it cut off in a very short bob.
(d) She dyes it jet black.
5. What impresses Patty about Anton Reiker?
(a) His blue eyes.
(b) His physique.
(c) His flawless English.
(d) His accent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Patty's mother send her in Chapter 6?
2. Which character does Patty converse with in Chapter 3?
3. In Chapter 3, where is Patty when the German prisoners arrive?
4. What does Patty do the day after she visits her grandmother?
5. In Chapter 1, what facility has opened up in town?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Patty Bergen.
2. In Chapter 7, what does Patty see from her hideout?
3. Why doesn't Patty want to go to the beautician?
4. How does Patty attempt to wound her father in Chapter 15?
5. How does Mrs. Bergen treat her youngest daughter, Sharon?
6. What assistance does Patty give Anton in Chapter 8?
7. What new information does Patty attempt to tell her parents in Chapter 6?
8. In Chapter 20, what options does Patty consider for her future?
9. What other institution does Patty compare to the girl's reformatory?
10. Why do the German prisoners enter the Bergen's store in Chapter 3?
This section contains 952 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)