|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Patty see from her hideout?
(a) An argument between her parents.
(b) Her father.
(c) A man running.
(d) A robbery.
2. Who does Patty see near her hideout in Chapter 7?
(a) Edna Louise.
(d) Mr. Bergen.
3. What does Edna Louise say about Anton?
(a) He is on the devil's side.
(b) He is handsome.
(c) He deserves a chance.
(d) Since he knows English, he's probably a spy.
4. In Chapter 3, where is Patty when the German prisoners arrive?
(a) In school.
(b) In the Bergen's store.
(c) At home.
(d) At her grandmother's house.
5. What does Patty ask Anton in Chapter 3?
(a) How long will he stay in America?
(b) How was he captured?
(c) Did he like America?
(d) Where did he learn to speak English?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Patty learn about the Nazi party in Chapter 6?
2. Who does Patty decide to find food for in Chapter 7?
3. How does Patty's mother treat her on a consistent basis?
4. What does Patty do after breakfast in Chapter 8?
5. How does one prisoner respond when taunted?
Short Essay Questions
1. What other institution does Patty compare to the girl's reformatory?
2. Why doesn't Patty want to go to the beautician?
3. Describe Edna Louise.
4. How does Patty attempt to gain attention from other characters?
5. How did Anton manage to escape from the German prison camp?
6. Why does Ruth initially refuse to eat breakfast with Anton and Patty, and then decide to join them after a few minutes?
7. Why does Mrs. Bergen yell at Patty while on the trip to Grandma and Grandpa Fried's house?
8. In Chapter 8, what does Patty read in the paper that frightens her?
9. How have Patty's actions disgraced the Bergen family?
10. What problems are caused by Anton's ring?
This section contains 1,184 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)