|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what does the proclamation that Patty reads state?
(a) Spies will be arrested.
(b) Spies will be put to death.
(c) All citizens should be inside after 8 p.m.
(d) Sugar and oil will be rationed.
2. Who does Patty see near her hideout in Chapter 7?
(a) Edna Louise.
(b) Mr. Bergen.
3. Why does Patty decide to obey her mother in Chapter 6?
(a) She does not want her sister to get dirty.
(b) Her father threatens to beat her.
(c) She hopes she will see Anton.
(d) Being alone at home is better than being shunned at the store.
4. Where does Patty's mother send her in Chapter 6?
(a) To the dumpster.
(b) To a local beautician.
(c) Back home.
(d) To the prison.
5. Why does Patty have her hair cut in Chapter 7?
(a) To look nice for Anton.
(b) To rebel against her parents.
(c) To please her mother.
(d) To remove the damaged sections of hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Bergen berate Patty about in Chapter 4?
2. What impresses Patty about Anton Reiker?
3. What does Patty's father do when he sees her with Freddy?
4. Where does Patty go after breakfast in Chapter 8?
5. What would Grandma Fried like for Patty to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Patty's parents treat their oldest daughter?
2. What does Ruth give Patty when she visits the girls' reformatory?
3. What new information does Patty attempt to tell her parents in Chapter 6?
4. Why does Grimes ask Patty to not let anyone know that he bought her lunch?
5. Why does Patty speak to Anton, a prisoner, in Chapter 3?
6. How does Mrs. Bergen treat her youngest daughter, Sharon?
7. Why does Patty throw up in Chapter 7?
8. Why do the German prisoners enter the Bergen's store in Chapter 3?
9. What explanation does Patty give for assisting Anton?
10. How does Patty learn of Anton's death?
This section contains 1,136 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)