|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Edna Louise say about Anton?
(a) He is on the devil's side.
(b) He deserves a chance.
(c) He is handsome.
(d) Since he knows English, he's probably a spy.
2. What lie does Mrs. Bergen tell Grandma Fried in Chapter 2?
(a) Patty must work in the store after school.
(b) Patty is too busy with her friends.
(c) Patty is too busy with school.
(d) Patty is busy with a school play.
3. Who is Sister Parker?
(a) A sales clerk.
(b) Mrs. Bergen's housekeeper.
(c) The pastor's wife.
(d) Mrs. Bergen's best friend.
4. Who interprets for the Germans in Chapter 3?
(a) Mrs. Bergen.
(b) The warden.
(c) A Staff Sergeant.
(d) Anton Reiker.
5. What has Mr. Bergen never shown Grandpa Fried?
(a) His store.
(b) His family photos.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Patty's mother treat her on a consistent basis?
2. What does Mrs. Bergen berate Patty about in Chapter 4?
3. What is Patty's grandmother worried about in Chapter 5?
4. What had Patty given up the previous year in order to purchase her father's monogrammed shirt?
5. How could Patty get back to Memphis on her own?
Short Essay Questions
1. What assistance does Patty give Anton in Chapter 8?
2. Describe Grandma Fried.
3. Why doesn't Patty want to go to the beautician?
4. Why do the townspeople of Jenkinsville gather at the train station in Chapter 1?
5. In Chapter 8, what does Patty read in the paper that frightens her?
6. What does Ruth give Patty when she visits the girls' reformatory?
7. What explanation does Patty give for assisting Anton?
8. Why does Mrs. Bergen yell at Patty while on the trip to Grandma and Grandpa Fried's house?
9. What problems are caused by Anton's ring?
10. Why does Grimes ask Patty to not let anyone know that he bought her lunch?
This section contains 1,029 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)