|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Patty do the day after she visits her grandmother?
(a) Writes her grandmother a thank-you note.
(b) Calls her grandmother on the phone.
(c) Packs her bags for school.
(d) Rides her bike into town.
2. Who do the Germans remind Patty of?
(a) Soldiers on parade.
(b) The local high school football team.
(c) A crew from the Public Works Department.
(d) A box of old tin soldiers.
3. Who interprets for the Germans in Chapter 3?
(a) The warden.
(b) Anton Reiker.
(c) Mrs. Bergen.
(d) A Staff Sergeant.
4. Who does Patty see near her hideout in Chapter 7?
(b) Mr. Bergen.
(c) Edna Louise.
5. Why doesn't Patty want her father to catch her praying?
(a) Her family is Muslim.
(b) He hates formal religion.
(c) She will get in trouble for saying Christian prayers.
(d) He is an atheist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is next to Patty's hideout?
2. How wealthy were Mr. Bergen's parents?
3. Who does Patty lie to in Chapter 9?
4. What does Patty do with her father's monogrammed shirt?
5. How does one prisoner respond when taunted?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ruth initially refuse to eat breakfast with Anton and Patty, and then decide to join them after a few minutes?
2. Describe Patty Bergen.
3. What other institution does Patty compare to the girl's reformatory?
4. Why is Patty's visit with Grandma Fried in Chapter 5 so special?
5. Why does Ruth encourage Patty to be sweet and well-behaved in front of her parents?
6. How does Patty attempt to wound her father in Chapter 15?
7. Why doesn't Patty want to go to the beautician?
8. What new information does Patty attempt to tell her parents in Chapter 6?
9. What prayer does Patty offer in Chapter 3?
10. What problems are caused by Anton's ring?
This section contains 1,055 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)