|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Patty see her grandmother the week after her visit in Chapter 5?
(a) Her grandmother is hosting a bridge party that afternoon.
(b) Patty must go back to school.
(c) Her grandmother is going on vacation.
(d) Patty does not have money for another ticket.
2. What last minute purchase does Anton make from the store?
(a) A gaudy pin with fake diamonds.
(b) A pair of work gloves.
(c) A pair of work pants.
(d) A fake gold ring.
3. What lie does Patty tell her father?
(a) Ruth is lazy.
(b) A prisoner tried to escape.
(c) Thieves stole her money.
(d) Sharon stole candy.
4. For what event did Patty purchase the monogrammed shirt?
(b) Her father's birthday.
(c) Father's day.
5. What information relieves Patty at the end of Chapter 9?
(a) Her father is going out of town for three weeks.
(b) Her mother did not know about her trip.
(c) The warden does not know what happened to Anton.
(d) Her grandfather would like Patty to come work in his shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the restaurant located where Patty and her grandmother have lunch?
2. How does Patty feel about being at her grandparents' house?
3. Why does Patty visit Edna Louise?
4. Whom does Anton love greatly?
5. Why is Patty drawn towards Anton?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Patty lash out at Sharon in Chapter 14?
2. Why does Mrs. Bergen yell at Patty while on the trip to Grandma and Grandpa Fried's house?
3. What role does Ruth play in Patty's life?
4. What explanation does Patty give for assisting Anton?
5. Describe Patty's dream.
6. In Chapter 9, why does Patty lie to her father and the FBI?
7. Why doesn't Patty want to go to the beautician?
8. How do Patty's parents treat their oldest daughter?
9. What other institution does Patty compare to the girl's reformatory?
10. Why does Patty enjoy working in the Bergen's store?
This section contains 1,054 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)