|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who questions Patty at the store in Chapter 9?
(a) Charlene Madlee.
(b) The Chief of Police.
(c) The FBI.
(d) The warden of the prison.
2. What information relieves Patty at the end of Chapter 9?
(a) Her mother did not know about her trip.
(b) The warden does not know what happened to Anton.
(c) Her grandfather would like Patty to come work in his shop.
(d) Her father is going out of town for three weeks.
3. In Chapter 8, what does the proclamation that Patty reads state?
(a) Spies will be put to death.
(b) All citizens should be inside after 8 p.m.
(c) Sugar and oil will be rationed.
(d) Spies will be arrested.
4. Who is Edna Louise?
(a) Patty's best friend.
(b) A popular girl who goes to school with Patty.
(c) Sister Parker's daughter.
(d) Patty's cousin.
5. What is Patty's opinion of Anton?
(a) He is a very nice person.
(b) He is probably lying.
(c) He is probably in league with the devil.
(d) He is too handsome to be evil.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where have Patty's friends gone in Chapter 5?
2. Whom does Anton love greatly?
3. Where does Patty retreat to in Chapter 7?
4. How old is Anton?
5. What last minute purchase does Anton make from the store?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 20, what options does Patty consider for her future?
2. What role does Ruth play in Patty's life?
3. Describe Edna Louise.
4. How did Anton manage to escape from the German prison camp?
5. Why does Patty give Anton her father's monogrammed shirt?
6. Why does Patty offer to guide Charlene to the prison camp?
7. Why does Ruth encourage Patty to be sweet and well-behaved in front of her parents?
8. Why does Ruth initially refuse to eat breakfast with Anton and Patty, and then decide to join them after a few minutes?
9. What makes Patty cry in Chapter 18?
10. Why does Patty enjoy working in the Bergen's store?
This section contains 1,262 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)