|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How wealthy were Mr. Bergen's parents?
(a) They were middle class business owners.
(b) They were extremely wealthy.
(c) They were wealthy, but donated much of their money to charity.
(d) They were extremely poor.
2. Why does Patty want to work in the Bergen's store?
(a) She fears her father.
(b) Working makes her feel useful.
(c) She hopes to see Anton.
(d) She wants to earn ticket money.
3. Where is the restaurant located where Patty and her grandmother have lunch?
(b) At the top of a grand hotel.
(c) In the lobby of a hotel.
(d) Overlooking a river.
4. In Chapter 7, who cuts Patty's hair?
(b) Edna Louise.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) Mrs. Bergen.
5. Who does Patty decide to find food for in Chapter 7?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Patty lie to Sister Parker?
2. Why does Patty think that her mother wants her to leave the store in Chapter 6?
3. What happens to Patty's hair in Chapter 6?
4. What is Patty's grandmother worried about in Chapter 5?
5. In Chapter 6, where does Patty spend her Saturday?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 20, what options does Patty consider for her future?
2. Why does Mr. Bergen treat Patty differently in Chapter 16?
3. What is the result of Patty's visit to the beautician?
4. How does Patty learn of Anton's death?
5. Why does Patty speak to Anton, a prisoner, in Chapter 3?
6. Why is Patty questioned by the FBI in Chapter 9?
7. How do Patty's parents treat their oldest daughter?
8. Describe Edna Louise.
9. Why does Patty give Anton her father's monogrammed shirt?
10. Why does Ruth initially refuse to eat breakfast with Anton and Patty, and then decide to join them after a few minutes?
This section contains 1,233 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)