|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What last minute purchase does Anton make from the store?
(a) A fake gold ring.
(b) A gaudy pin with fake diamonds.
(c) A pair of work pants.
(d) A pair of work gloves.
2. What is Patty's opinion of Anton?
(a) He is a very nice person.
(b) He is probably lying.
(c) He is too handsome to be evil.
(d) He is probably in league with the devil.
3. What does Patty see from her hideout?
(a) A man running.
(b) Her father.
(c) An argument between her parents.
(d) A robbery.
4. Where have Patty's friends gone in Chapter 5?
(a) To church camp.
(b) To Edna Louise's party.
(c) To see a movie.
(d) To see a play.
5. In Chapter 8, what does Patty read about in the paper?
(a) The escape of one of the German prisoners.
(b) The death of one of the German prisoners.
(c) A new youth program.
(d) The Nazi saboteurs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Mr. Bergen never shown Grandpa Fried?
2. How does Patty's father treat her on a consistent basis?
3. What does Sister Parker accuse Patty of doing?
4. What does Sharon pretend to see on Mrs. Bergen?
5. Why does Patty decide to obey her mother in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Charlene Madlee?
2. Why does Mrs. Bergen yell at Patty while on the trip to Grandma and Grandpa Fried's house?
3. How do Patty's parents treat their oldest daughter?
4. How is abuse affecting the Bergen family?
5. What social rules does Patty break in talking to Anton?
6. Why does Ruth encourage Patty to be sweet and well-behaved in front of her parents?
7. Why does Grimes ask Patty to not let anyone know that he bought her lunch?
8. Why do the German prisoners enter the Bergen's store in Chapter 3?
9. Why does Anton compare Mr. Bergen to Hitler?
10. Describe Grandma Fried.
This section contains 1,163 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)