|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what does the proclamation that Patty reads state?
(a) All citizens should be inside after 8 p.m.
(b) Spies will be put to death.
(c) Sugar and oil will be rationed.
(d) Spies will be arrested.
2. Where is "Summer of My German Soldier" set?
3. What is Patty's ethnic heritage?
4. Whom does Anton dislike?
(a) His mother.
(b) Edna Louise.
5. When is "Summer of My German Soldier" set?
(a) During World War I.
(b) During World War II.
(c) After World War II.
(d) After World War I.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anton do with fake diamonds in Chapter 8?
2. What does Mr. Bergen think should happen to all German prisoners of war?
3. Why does Patty go to the store in Chapter 1?
4. What does Patty do with her father's monogrammed shirt?
5. Who questions Patty at the store in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Patty attempt to gain attention from other characters?
2. Why does Anton give Patty a gift before he leaves?
3. How does Patty learn of Anton's death?
4. Why does Patty lash out at Sharon in Chapter 14?
5. In Chapter 8, what does Patty read in the paper that frightens her?
6. Why does Patty throw up in Chapter 7?
7. Why does Patty offer to guide Charlene to the prison camp?
8. Why does Grandma Fried tell Patty she has nothing to apologize for?
9. What does Ruth give Patty when she visits the girls' reformatory?
10. Why does Patty contemplate betraying Anton in Chapter 13?
This section contains 1,163 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)