|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Patty tell Charlene Madlee she wants to be when she grows up?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A reporter.
(c) A shopkeeper.
(d) A beautician.
2. Who is Sharon?
(a) Patty's hispanic nanny.
(b) Patty's schoolmate.
(c) Patty's sister.
(d) Patty's black nanny.
3. Why doesn't Patty want to obey her mother in Chapter 6?
(a) She has just put on a clean dress.
(b) She is afraid to be seen.
(c) She is bored at home.
(d) She knows the beautician will ruin her hair.
4. What would Grandma Fried like for Patty to do?
(a) Visit more often.
(b) Go to boarding school.
(c) Go back home.
(d) Help her clean house once a week.
5. How old is Anton?
(a) No one knows except Anton.
(b) Over thirty.
(c) A least twenty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Patty go by bike in Chapter 5?
2. What does Patty do with her father's monogrammed shirt?
3. What last minute purchase does Anton make from the store?
4. What lie does Patty tell her father?
5. What advice does Ruth give Patty?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role does Ruth play in Patty's life?
2. Why does Patty offer to guide Charlene to the prison camp?
3. What social rules does Patty break in talking to Anton?
4. Why does Anton decide to leave the safety of the Bergen's garage?
5. In Chapter 9, why does Patty lie to her father and the FBI?
6. Describe Grandma Fried.
7. Why does Grandma Fried tell Patty she has nothing to apologize for?
8. Describe Patty's dream.
9. In Chapter 8, what does Patty read in the paper that frightens her?
10. How does Patty attempt to gain attention from other characters?
This section contains 1,113 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)