|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is "Summer of My German Soldier" set?
2. Who questions Patty at the store in Chapter 9?
(a) The warden of the prison.
(b) Charlene Madlee.
(c) The Chief of Police.
(d) The FBI.
3. How does Patty view people?
(a) Without prejudice.
(b) By their nationality.
(c) By their language.
(d) By the color of their skin.
4. In Chapter 8, who does Patty see in her hideout?
(b) Edna Louise.
(c) Her father.
(d) A stranger.
5. Why doesn't Mr. Bergen like Grandpa Fried?
(a) Grandpa Fried makes fun of Mr. Bergen's heritage.
(b) Grandpa Fried did not give Mr. Bergen a job in the family business.
(c) Mr. Bergen is jealous of Grandpa Fried's success.
(d) Grandpa Fried is charging Mr. Bergen interest on a business loan.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what do the adults discuss after dinner?
2. What do Mr. and Mrs. Bergen argue about in Chapter 7?
3. How old is Anton?
4. Where is the restaurant located where Patty and her grandmother have lunch?
5. Who is Sharon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the result of Patty's visit to the beautician?
2. In Chapter 9, why does Patty lie to her father and the FBI?
3. How does Patty attempt to gain attention from other characters?
4. How do Patty's parents treat their oldest daughter?
5. Why does Mrs. Bergen yell at Patty while on the trip to Grandma and Grandpa Fried's house?
6. How does Patty's mother deceive her in Chapter 2?
7. In Chapter 7, what does Patty see from her hideout?
8. Why does Ruth initially refuse to eat breakfast with Anton and Patty, and then decide to join them after a few minutes?
9. Describe Edna Louise.
10. Who is Charlene Madlee?
This section contains 1,036 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)