|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Patty see from her hideout?
(a) A man running.
(b) A robbery.
(c) An argument between her parents.
(d) Her father.
2. What makes Patty feel pretty?
(a) Her eyes.
(b) Her necklace.
(c) Her new dress.
(d) Her hair.
3. Why is Anton surprised that Patty is willing to help him?
(a) She is Jewish.
(b) She is willing to risk her life for a stranger.
(c) She is an American.
(d) She is a young girl.
4. Where is Patty's hideout?
(a) In the basement.
(b) In a treehouse.
(c) Above a garage.
(d) Inside the old train depot.
5. Where is "Summer of My German Soldier" set?
Short Answer Questions
1. When is "Summer of My German Soldier" set?
2. How could Patty get back to Memphis on her own?
3. Who does Patty decide to find food for in Chapter 7?
4. Who is Charlene Madlee?
5. Why does Patty decide to obey her mother in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Patty Bergen.
2. Why does Anton compare Mr. Bergen to Hitler?
3. In Chapter 7, what does Patty see from her hideout?
4. How is abuse affecting the Bergen family?
5. What new information does Patty attempt to tell her parents in Chapter 6?
6. How does Patty attempt to gain attention from other characters?
7. What assistance does Patty give Anton in Chapter 8?
8. What is the result of Patty's visit to the beautician?
9. What explanation does Patty give for assisting Anton?
10. Who is Charlene Madlee?
This section contains 1,036 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)