|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Charlene Madlee?
(a) A beautician.
(b) An FBI agent.
(c) A newspaper reporter.
(d) A shopkeeper in Jenkinsville.
2. Why can't Patty see her grandmother the week after her visit in Chapter 5?
(a) Her grandmother is hosting a bridge party that afternoon.
(b) Patty must go back to school.
(c) Patty does not have money for another ticket.
(d) Her grandmother is going on vacation.
3. Where is Patty's hideout?
(a) In the basement.
(b) Above a garage.
(c) In a treehouse.
(d) Inside the old train depot.
4. What is Patty's ethnic heritage?
5. Why does Patty think that her mother wants her to leave the store in Chapter 6?
(a) She thinks her mother is angry with her.
(b) She thinks her mother knows she's stealing from the store.
(c) She thinks her mother resents having an ugly daughter.
(d) She thinks that her mother considers her stupid.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Patty lie to in Chapter 9?
2. How does Patty react to Mr. and Mrs. Bergen's argument in Chapter 7?
3. What excuse does Patty give for laughing with Anton?
4. How does Patty's father react to her gift?
5. What does Anton do with fake diamonds in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ruth give Patty when she visits the girls' reformatory?
2. Why does Patty speak to Anton, a prisoner, in Chapter 3?
3. What assistance does Patty give Anton in Chapter 8?
4. Why does Patty defend Ruth from Mrs. Bergen's accusations in Chapter 11?
5. Why does Patty contemplate betraying Anton in Chapter 13?
6. Why does Mrs. Bergen yell at Patty while on the trip to Grandma and Grandpa Fried's house?
7. What role does Ruth play in Patty's life?
8. Why does Anton compare Mr. Bergen to Hitler?
9. What makes Patty cry in Chapter 18?
10. What problems are caused by Anton's ring?
This section contains 1,221 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)