|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Patty go late at night in Chapter 7?
(a) To the kitchen.
(b) To her hideout.
(c) To her grandmother's house.
(d) To Ruth's house.
2. Who is Charlene Madlee?
(a) A shopkeeper in Jenkinsville.
(b) A newspaper reporter.
(c) A beautician.
(d) An FBI agent.
3. Where does Patty retreat to in Chapter 7?
(a) Her hideout.
(b) Edna Louise's house.
(c) Her grandmother's house.
(d) The stockroom.
4. Where does Patty find Sharon in Chapter 1?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) In the sandbox.
(c) In the garden, hoeing weeds.
(d) On the front porch.
5. Why is Anton surprised that Patty is willing to help him?
(a) She is a young girl.
(b) She is an American.
(c) She is willing to risk her life for a stranger.
(d) She is Jewish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Patty feel pretty?
2. In Chapter 8, who does Patty see in her hideout?
3. Why does Patty think that her mother wants her to leave the store in Chapter 6?
4. What lie does Mrs. Bergen tell Grandma Fried in Chapter 2?
5. Why does Patty go to the store in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Patty visit Edna Louise in Chapter 4?
2. Why does Patty lie to Sister Parker in Chapter 4?
3. Why is Patty questioned by the FBI in Chapter 9?
4. What does Ruth give Patty when she visits the girls' reformatory?
5. In Chapter 9, why does Patty lie to her father and the FBI?
6. How is abuse affecting the Bergen family?
7. Why does Patty enjoy working in the Bergen's store?
8. What new information does Patty attempt to tell her parents in Chapter 6?
9. What other institution does Patty compare to the girl's reformatory?
10. Why does Ruth initially refuse to eat breakfast with Anton and Patty, and then decide to join them after a few minutes?
This section contains 1,099 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)