|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is "Summer of My German Soldier" set?
2. Which character questions the prison's warden in Chapter 9?
(a) Charlene Madlee.
(b) Sheriff Cauldwell.
(c) Mr. Bergen.
3. Why does Patty decide to obey her mother in Chapter 6?
(a) She hopes she will see Anton.
(b) She does not want her sister to get dirty.
(c) Being alone at home is better than being shunned at the store.
(d) Her father threatens to beat her.
4. For what event did Patty purchase the monogrammed shirt?
(c) Her father's birthday.
(d) Father's day.
5. In Chapter 8, who does Patty see in her hideout?
(a) Her father.
(b) Edna Louise.
(d) A stranger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens at dinner in Chapter 7?
2. When is "Summer of My German Soldier" set?
3. What does Mr. Bergen think should happen to all German prisoners of war?
4. What does Edna Louise say about America?
5. What do Mr. and Mrs. Bergen argue about in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Patty contemplate betraying Anton in Chapter 13?
2. How did Anton manage to escape from the German prison camp?
3. What other institution does Patty compare to the girl's reformatory?
4. Why does Patty help Anton?
5. Why does Patty defend Ruth from Mrs. Bergen's accusations in Chapter 11?
6. How does Patty learn of Anton's death?
7. How do Patty's parents treat their oldest daughter?
8. What happens when Freddy is seen with Patty in Chapter 10?
9. Describe Edna Louise.
10. How does Mrs. Bergen treat her youngest daughter, Sharon?
This section contains 1,203 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)