|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Patty offer to do for Charlene Madlee?
(a) Sweep her floor.
(b) Get her a glass of tea.
(c) Work in her stockroom.
(d) Show her the German prison camp.
2. What is Patty's opinion of Anton?
(a) He is probably in league with the devil.
(b) He is a very nice person.
(c) He is too handsome to be evil.
(d) He is probably lying.
3. How does Patty surprise Ruth in Chapter 10?
(a) By washing her own plate and cup.
(b) By giving Ruth a hug.
(c) By waking up on her own.
(d) By bathing and dressing nicely on her own.
4. How does Patty feel about being at her grandparents' house?
(a) She is nervous around her grandparents.
(b) She enjoys their company.
(c) She is afraid of Grandpa Fried.
(d) She is bored.
5. In Chapter 8, who does Patty see in her hideout?
(a) Edna Louise.
(b) Her father.
(d) A stranger.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what do the adults discuss after dinner?
2. What is Patty's grandmother worried about in Chapter 5?
3. How does Patty's father treat her on a consistent basis?
4. Why does Patty go to the store in Chapter 1?
5. Who is Edna Louise?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Grimes ask Patty to not let anyone know that he bought her lunch?
2. How have Patty's actions disgraced the Bergen family?
3. What new information does Patty attempt to tell her parents in Chapter 6?
4. Why does Mrs. Bergen yell at Patty while on the trip to Grandma and Grandpa Fried's house?
5. Describe Patty's dream.
6. Why do Patty's parents insist she go to the beautician?
7. Why does Mr. Bergen treat Patty differently in Chapter 16?
8. Why doesn't Patty want to go to the beautician?
9. What other institution does Patty compare to the girl's reformatory?
10. In Chapter 7, what does Patty see from her hideout?
This section contains 1,050 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)