|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Patty feel about being at her grandparents' house?
(a) She is afraid of Grandpa Fried.
(b) She is bored.
(c) She is nervous around her grandparents.
(d) She enjoys their company.
2. In Chapter 7, who cuts Patty's hair?
(a) Mrs. Bergen.
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) Edna Louise.
3. Whom does Anton love greatly?
(a) His mother.
(c) Edna Louise.
4. In Chapter 9, what topic is everyone is town discussing?
(a) The landing at Normandy.
(b) Anton's escape.
(c) The new proclamation.
(d) The bombing of Pearl Harbor.
5. Why does Patty lie to Sister Parker?
(a) She does not want Sister Parker to blame Edna.
(b) She is angry.
(c) She does not want Sister Parker to blame Lousie.
(d) She is afraid of getting in trouble.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Patty want her father to catch her praying?
2. What makes Patty feel pretty?
3. What does Mrs. Bergen berate Patty about in Chapter 4?
4. What does Patty's father do when he sees her with Freddy?
5. Why does Patty think that her mother wants her to leave the store in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Patty enjoy working in the Bergen's store?
2. How does Patty attempt to gain attention from other characters?
3. Why does Patty throw up in Chapter 7?
4. Why does Patty give Anton her father's monogrammed shirt?
5. Why does Ruth encourage Patty to be sweet and well-behaved in front of her parents?
6. How does Patty attempt to wound her father in Chapter 15?
7. Why does Patty visit Edna Louise in Chapter 4?
8. Why doesn't Patty want to go to the beautician?
9. What does Ruth give Patty when she visits the girls' reformatory?
10. What assistance does Patty give Anton in Chapter 8?
This section contains 1,062 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)