|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Patty's hideout?
(a) Inside the old train depot.
(b) In the basement.
(c) Above a garage.
(d) In a treehouse.
2. What does Edna Louise say about America?
(a) It should end the war.
(b) Patty is free to live where she wants.
(c) Everyone deserves a chance to live here.
(d) It is on God's side.
3. Why is Anton surprised that Patty is willing to help him?
(a) She is Jewish.
(b) She is a young girl.
(c) She is willing to risk her life for a stranger.
(d) She is an American.
4. Which character does Patty converse with in Chapter 3?
(a) The Staff Sergeant.
(c) The warden.
(d) A guard.
5. Who do the Germans remind Patty of?
(a) Soldiers on parade.
(b) A crew from the Public Works Department.
(c) The local high school football team.
(d) A box of old tin soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, how does Patty wake her mother?
2. Where does Patty's grandmother live?
3. What does Patty offer to do for Charlene Madlee?
4. What does Patty ask Anton in Chapter 3?
5. Where does Patty go late at night in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mr. Bergen treat Patty differently in Chapter 16?
2. How do Patty's parents treat their oldest daughter?
3. Why does Patty lash out at Sharon in Chapter 14?
4. What happens when Freddy is seen with Patty in Chapter 10?
5. Why does Patty throw up in Chapter 7?
6. Why does Patty defend Ruth from Mrs. Bergen's accusations in Chapter 11?
7. What prayer does Patty offer in Chapter 3?
8. How does Patty attempt to gain attention from other characters?
9. Why is Patty's visit with Grandma Fried in Chapter 5 so special?
10. What makes Patty cry in Chapter 18?
This section contains 1,142 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)