|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 7, who cuts Patty's hair?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) Edna Louise.
(d) Mrs. Bergen.
2. Where does Patty's grandmother live?
(b) New Orleans.
3. How could Patty get back to Memphis on her own?
(a) By bus.
(b) By bike.
(c) By car.
(d) By train.
4. What does Patty ask Anton in Chapter 3?
(a) How long will he stay in America?
(b) Where did he learn to speak English?
(c) Did he like America?
(d) How was he captured?
5. In Chapter 9, what topic is everyone is town discussing?
(a) The new proclamation.
(b) The bombing of Pearl Harbor.
(c) The landing at Normandy.
(d) Anton's escape.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Patty do with her father's monogrammed shirt?
2. What does Patty offer to do for Charlene Madlee?
3. How does Patty shock Edna Louise?
4. What does Patty tell Charlene Madlee she wants to be when she grows up?
5. In Chapter 6, why does Patty's mother tell her to leave the store?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Edna Louise.
2. What makes Patty cry in Chapter 18?
3. How do Patty's parents treat their oldest daughter?
4. How have Patty's actions disgraced the Bergen family?
5. How does Mrs. Bergen treat her youngest daughter, Sharon?
6. In Chapter 20, what options does Patty consider for her future?
7. What explanation does Patty give for assisting Anton?
8. How does Patty's mother deceive her in Chapter 2?
9. What prayer does Patty offer in Chapter 3?
10. How is abuse affecting the Bergen family?
This section contains 1,244 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)