|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is next to Patty's hideout?
(a) Railroad tracks.
(b) A large oak tree.
(c) A creek.
(d) A sink.
2. Where is Patty's hideout?
(a) Inside the old train depot.
(b) In a treehouse.
(c) Above a garage.
(d) In the basement.
3. How wealthy were Mr. Bergen's parents?
(a) They were extremely poor.
(b) They were middle class business owners.
(c) They were extremely wealthy.
(d) They were wealthy, but donated much of their money to charity.
4. What is Patty's ethnic heritage?
5. What information relieves Patty at the end of Chapter 9?
(a) Her mother did not know about her trip.
(b) Her grandfather would like Patty to come work in his shop.
(c) The warden does not know what happened to Anton.
(d) Her father is going out of town for three weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What lie does Mrs. Bergen tell Grandma Fried in Chapter 2?
2. Who interprets for the Germans in Chapter 3?
3. What does Patty tell Sister Parker about Anton?
4. Why doesn't Mr. Bergen like Grandpa Fried?
5. What makes Patty feel pretty?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Patty lash out at Sharon in Chapter 14?
2. In Chapter 20, what options does Patty consider for her future?
3. Why does Patty enjoy working in the Bergen's store?
4. Why do the German prisoners enter the Bergen's store in Chapter 3?
5. Why does Anton decide to leave the safety of the Bergen's garage?
6. Why does Anton compare Mr. Bergen to Hitler?
7. What is the result of Patty's visit to the beautician?
8. How does Patty's mother deceive her in Chapter 2?
9. How does Mrs. Bergen treat her youngest daughter, Sharon?
10. Who is Charlene Madlee?
This section contains 1,018 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)