|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is accused of being a Nazi saboteur?
(a) Mr. Bergen.
2. What does Patty do with her father's monogrammed shirt?
(a) Uses it to wrap a bundle of food.
(b) Wears it over her own clothes.
(c) Washes it.
(d) Gives it to Anton.
3. What does Patty do the day after she visits her grandmother?
(a) Writes her grandmother a thank-you note.
(b) Calls her grandmother on the phone.
(c) Packs her bags for school.
(d) Rides her bike into town.
4. In Chapter 8, who does Patty see in her hideout?
(a) Her father.
(b) A stranger.
(d) Edna Louise.
5. Who questions Patty at the store in Chapter 9?
(a) Charlene Madlee.
(b) The Chief of Police.
(c) The warden of the prison.
(d) The FBI.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Edna Louise say about America?
2. What information relieves Patty at the end of Chapter 9?
3. In Chapter 9, what topic is everyone is town discussing?
4. What do Mr. and Mrs. Bergen argue about in Chapter 7?
5. Where does Patty retreat to in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Freddy is seen with Patty in Chapter 10?
2. What assistance does Patty give Anton in Chapter 8?
3. Why does Patty offer to guide Charlene to the prison camp?
4. Why does Anton compare Mr. Bergen to Hitler?
5. Why does Patty help Anton?
6. What is the result of Patty's visit to the beautician?
7. In Chapter 7, what does Patty see from her hideout?
8. What other institution does Patty compare to the girl's reformatory?
9. Why does the sheriff question Patty in Chapter 15?
10. Why does Patty throw up in Chapter 7?
This section contains 1,062 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)