|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom is Sharon compared in Chapter 14?
(a) An angel.
(b) Joan Bennett.
(c) Shirley Temple.
(d) Mrs. Bergen.
2. Who does Anton compare to Mr. Bergen?
(b) The warden.
(c) A lion.
(d) A bear.
3. Why does Patty think her father is treating her differently in Chapter 16?
(a) He respects her strength.
(b) He is filled with remorse.
(c) He truly loves her.
(d) Because he has stopped drinking.
4. What does Patty believe her father would gain from turning in Anton?
(a) Enough money to keep his business alive.
(b) Respect from the town.
(c) The satisfaction of ruining Patty's life.
5. In Chapter 11, what does Ruth ask Patty about as she prepares breakfast?
(a) Edna Louise's party.
(b) The man hiding above the garage.
(c) Her father's temper.
6. What does Patty decide to wear in Chapter 14?
(a) A swastika.
(b) A new dress.
(c) Her ring.
(d) Her necklace.
7. What gift does Charlene Madlee buy for Patty in Chapter 20?
(a) A necklace.
(c) A newspaper subscription.
8. Why does Patty claim she was given her present?
(a) Because Freddy loves her.
(b) Because Edna Louise feels sorry for her.
(c) Because Anton loves her.
(d) Because she fed an old man.
9. Which character's mother had a college fund stolen by a dishonest banker?
(b) Edna Louise.
(c) Mrs. Bergen.
10. What explanation does Patty give for her actions in Chapter 17?
(a) Anton was good to her.
(b) She was rebelling against her parents.
(c) Holding a good man prisoner is wrong.
(d) She is in love with Anton.
11. What label is applied to Patty in Chapter 19?
12. What does Patty decide to tell her father in Chapter 13?
(a) To stop being cruel.
(b) About Anton.
(c) She wants to live with her grandmother.
(d) She is leaving.
13. What does Patty's mother want to know in Chapter 16?
(a) Who sent Patty a letter.
(b) Where Mr. Bergen's monogrammed shirt is hidden.
(c) What happened in the garage.
(d) Why Patty doesn't have any friends.
14. In Chapter 11, what is Ruth accused of doing?
(a) Hiding spies.
(b) Being lazy.
(c) Stealing food.
(d) Stealing money.
15. When Ruth visits Patty at the girls' reformatory, what does she bring?
(a) A bible.
(b) Patty's necklace.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) Patty's ring.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anton give Patty in Chapter 13?
2. Which character drives Patty to the girls' reformatory?
3. Where does Mr. Bergen talk about taking Sharon?
4. Which character attempts to defend Patty in Chapter 17?
5. Whom does Patty kiss in Chapter 13?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)