|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Ruth visits Patty at the girls' reformatory, what does she bring?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) Patty's necklace.
(c) Patty's ring.
(d) A bible.
2. What happens to Ruth in Chapter 17?
(a) She is shot.
(b) Mrs. Bergen slaps her.
(c) She is fired.
(d) Mr. Bergen hits her.
3. Whom does Patty kiss in Chapter 13?
(d) No one.
4. Which character defends Ruth in Chapter 11?
(d) Mrs. Bergen.
5. What does Patty fantasize about in Chapter 20?
(a) The death of her father.
(b) Running away to Memphis.
(c) Living with Anton on a tropical island.
(d) Sailing to Germany and living with Anton's family.
6. Why does Patty attack her visitor in Chapter 16?
(a) He refuses to take her away with him.
(b) He shows her a bloody shirt Anton had been wearing.
(c) He says he does not love her.
(d) She calls Patty a tramp.
7. In Chapter 16, what does Patty hide in Ruth's apron pocket?
(a) Her necklace.
(b) The letter from Anton.
(c) A ten dollar bill.
(d) Her ring.
8. What gift does Charlene Madlee buy for Patty in Chapter 20?
(b) A necklace.
(c) A newspaper subscription.
9. What building does the girls' reformatory resemble to Patty?
(a) The Bergen's store.
(b) The German prison camp.
(c) The Memphis Zoo.
(d) Her old school.
10. Which character buys Patty lunch in Chapter 19?
(a) Sheriff Cauldwell.
(b) Grandpa Fried.
(c) Grandma Fried.
(d) Calvin Grimes.
11. Which character's mother had a college fund stolen by a dishonest banker?
(a) Mrs. Bergen.
(b) Edna Louise.
12. Where does Mr. Bergen want Patty taken to in Chapter 17?
(b) New York.
13. According to Mr. Bergen, which character has been involved in a physical relationship with Patty?
(d) Sheriff Cauldwell.
14. Which character drives Patty to the girls' reformatory?
(a) Grandpa Fried.
(b) Grandma Fried.
(c) Sheriff Cauldwell.
(d) Calvin Grimes.
15. How long will Patty spend at the girls' reformatory?
(a) Two months.
(b) Two years.
(c) Four years.
(d) Four months.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 20, what does Patty give Mavis?
2. Who visits Patty in Chapter 16?
3. In Chapter 11, what is Ruth accused of doing?
4. What does Mrs. Bergen want to sell in Chapter 18?
5. Who comes to visit Patty while she stays with her grandparents in Chapter 18?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)