|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Anton hide in Chapter 12?
(a) In the hall closet.
(b) In the garage.
(c) Under Patty's bed.
(d) In the kitchen cupboard.
2. What does Patty see at the store in Chapter 14?
(a) A train full of prisoners.
(b) Sharon dancing and singing.
(c) The warden questioning her father.
(d) Anton's arrest.
3. In Chapter 12, where is Sharon invited to spend the day?
(a) The Bergen's store.
(b) Wynne City .
4. Which character defends Ruth in Chapter 11?
(a) Mrs. Bergen.
5. To whom is Sharon compared in Chapter 14?
(a) An angel.
(b) Shirley Temple.
(c) Mrs. Bergen.
(d) Joan Bennett.
6. What does Patty's mother want to know in Chapter 16?
(a) What happened in the garage.
(b) Where Mr. Bergen's monogrammed shirt is hidden.
(c) Why Patty doesn't have any friends.
(d) Who sent Patty a letter.
7. What does Patty decide to wear in Chapter 14?
(a) A new dress.
(b) Her necklace.
(c) Her ring.
(d) A swastika.
8. What does Patty fantasize about in Chapter 20?
(a) The death of her father.
(b) Running away to Memphis.
(c) Living with Anton on a tropical island.
(d) Sailing to Germany and living with Anton's family.
9. Where is the girls' reformatory located?
(c) Washington, D.C.
10. In Chapter 20, what does Patty give Mavis?
(a) A hug.
(b) Her pillow.
(c) Her breakfast.
(d) Her report.
11. Whom does Patty claim gave her a present?
(a) An old man.
(b) Edna Louise.
12. Who visits Patty in Chapter 16?
(b) The FBI.
(c) Edna Louise.
13. In Chapter 11, what does Ruth admit to having seen?
(a) Anton try to rescue Patty from her father.
(b) Edna Louise's boyfriend.
(c) Anton steal food from the kitchen.
(d) Patty's father beating Mrs. Bergen.
14. What does Mrs. Bergen ask Mr. Bergen in Chapter 15?
(a) Why he hit Patty.
(b) Why the police have to be involved in family affairs.
(c) To send Patty away.
(d) To fire Ruth.
15. Why does Anton decide to leave Patty?
(a) He is tired of being around a little girl.
(b) He realizes he is putting her in danger.
(c) He wants to return to Germany.
(d) Ruth begs him to leave.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Patty dream of doing when she is eighteen?
2. According to Mr. Bergen, which character has been involved in a physical relationship with Patty?
3. How does Ruth comfort Patty in Chapter 11?
4. Why does Patty claim she was given her present?
5. What does Ruth wear in Chapter 13?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)