|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Patty claim gave her a present?
(a) Edna Louise.
(d) An old man.
2. What does Ruth wear in Chapter 13?
(a) A gold ring from Anton.
(b) A hat Patty gave her for Mother's Day.
(c) A large coat filled with stolen food.
(d) A pin Patty gave her for Mother's Day.
3. What explanation does Patty give for her actions in Chapter 17?
(a) Holding a good man prisoner is wrong.
(b) She was rebelling against her parents.
(c) Anton was good to her.
(d) She is in love with Anton.
4. What label is applied to Patty in Chapter 19?
5. In Chapter 12, where is Sharon invited to spend the day?
(a) Wynne City .
(b) The Bergen's store.
6. What building does the girls' reformatory resemble to Patty?
(a) The German prison camp.
(b) The Bergen's store.
(c) The Memphis Zoo.
(d) Her old school.
7. What does Patty dream of doing when she is eighteen?
(a) Finding Anton.
(b) Moving to Memphis.
(c) Marrying Freddy.
(d) Moving to New York.
8. Which character drives Patty to the girls' reformatory?
(a) Sheriff Cauldwell.
(b) Grandpa Fried.
(c) Grandma Fried.
(d) Calvin Grimes.
9. Who does Anton compare to Mr. Bergen?
(b) A lion.
(c) The warden.
(d) A bear.
10. Which character defends Ruth in Chapter 11?
(d) Mrs. Bergen.
11. What is Mr. Bergen forced to give Patty in Chapter 15?
(a) Her freedom.
(b) Her ring.
(c) Her necklace.
(d) An apology.
12. In Chapter 11, what is Ruth accused of doing?
(a) Stealing money.
(b) Stealing food.
(c) Being lazy.
(d) Hiding spies.
13. Why does Patty think her father is treating her differently in Chapter 16?
(a) He is filled with remorse.
(b) He respects her strength.
(c) Because he has stopped drinking.
(d) He truly loves her.
14. What does Patty decide to tell her father in Chapter 13?
(a) To stop being cruel.
(b) She is leaving.
(c) She wants to live with her grandmother.
(d) About Anton.
15. What does Patty decide to wear in Chapter 14?
(a) Her ring.
(b) A swastika.
(c) A new dress.
(d) Her necklace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What derogatory name is Patty called in Chapter 18?
2. What does Patty believe her father would gain from turning in Anton?
3. What gift does Charlene Madlee buy for Patty in Chapter 20?
4. How does Ruth comfort Patty in Chapter 11?
5. Where is Patty taken in Chapter 18?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)