|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What building does the girls' reformatory resemble to Patty?
(a) Her old school.
(b) The Bergen's store.
(c) The German prison camp.
(d) The Memphis Zoo.
2. What happens to Ruth in Chapter 17?
(a) She is shot.
(b) Mrs. Bergen slaps her.
(c) Mr. Bergen hits her.
(d) She is fired.
3. What explanation does Patty give for her actions in Chapter 17?
(a) She was rebelling against her parents.
(b) She is in love with Anton.
(c) Anton was good to her.
(d) Holding a good man prisoner is wrong.
4. Who visits Patty in Chapter 16?
(a) The FBI.
(d) Edna Louise.
5. Why does Anton decide to leave Patty?
(a) He is tired of being around a little girl.
(b) He wants to return to Germany.
(c) Ruth begs him to leave.
(d) He realizes he is putting her in danger.
6. What does Patty decide to tell her father in Chapter 13?
(a) She wants to live with her grandmother.
(b) She is leaving.
(c) To stop being cruel.
(d) About Anton.
7. Whom does Patty kiss in Chapter 13?
(d) No one.
8. Where does Anton hide in Chapter 12?
(a) In the kitchen cupboard.
(b) Under Patty's bed.
(c) In the hall closet.
(d) In the garage.
9. In Chapter 11, what does Ruth admit to having seen?
(a) Edna Louise's boyfriend.
(b) Anton try to rescue Patty from her father.
(c) Anton steal food from the kitchen.
(d) Patty's father beating Mrs. Bergen.
10. By the end of Chapter 15, how does Patty feel about her father?
(a) She is afraid he will kill her.
(b) She loves him dearly.
(c) She hates him.
(d) She sees his weakness.
11. How long will Patty spend at the girls' reformatory?
(a) Four years.
(b) Two months.
(c) Four months.
(d) Two years.
12. Who eats breakfast with Patty in Chapter 12?
(a) Edna Louise.
(d) Mrs. Bergen.
13. In Chapter 12, where is Sharon invited to spend the day?
(c) The Bergen's store.
(d) Wynne City .
14. What does Mrs. Bergen ask Mr. Bergen in Chapter 15?
(a) Why the police have to be involved in family affairs.
(b) To send Patty away.
(c) Why he hit Patty.
(d) To fire Ruth.
15. What does Mr. Bergen call Patty in Chapter 14?
(a) A misfit.
(b) A liar.
(c) A dirty girl.
(d) A thief.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character buys Patty lunch in Chapter 19?
2. What is Mr. Bergen forced to give Patty in Chapter 15?
3. Which character's mother had a college fund stolen by a dishonest banker?
4. What label is applied to Patty in Chapter 19?
5. What does Patty decide to do in Chapter 13?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)