|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character defends Ruth in Chapter 11?
(a) Mrs. Bergen.
2. In Chapter 11, what does Ruth ask Patty about as she prepares breakfast?
(a) Her father's temper.
(b) Edna Louise's party.
(c) The man hiding above the garage.
3. What explanation does Patty give for her actions in Chapter 17?
(a) Anton was good to her.
(b) She was rebelling against her parents.
(c) Holding a good man prisoner is wrong.
(d) She is in love with Anton.
4. Where is the girls' reformatory located?
(a) Washington, D.C.
5. In Chapter 11, what does Ruth admit to having seen?
(a) Anton try to rescue Patty from her father.
(b) Anton steal food from the kitchen.
(c) Patty's father beating Mrs. Bergen.
(d) Edna Louise's boyfriend.
6. What does Patty decide to wear in Chapter 14?
(a) A new dress.
(b) A swastika.
(c) Her necklace.
(d) Her ring.
7. How long will Patty spend at the girls' reformatory?
(a) Four months.
(b) Two months.
(c) Four years.
(d) Two years.
8. Which character's mother had a college fund stolen by a dishonest banker?
(a) Mrs. Bergen.
(d) Edna Louise.
9. When Ruth visits Patty at the girls' reformatory, what does she bring?
(a) Patty's ring.
(b) A newspaper.
(c) Patty's necklace.
(d) A bible.
10. Where is Patty taken in Chapter 18?
(b) New York.
(c) Washington, D.C.
(d) Los Angeles.
11. What does Patty's mother want to know in Chapter 16?
(a) Why Patty doesn't have any friends.
(b) Where Mr. Bergen's monogrammed shirt is hidden.
(c) Who sent Patty a letter.
(d) What happened in the garage.
12. Which character attempts to defend Patty in Chapter 17?
(b) Edna Louise.
(c) Mrs. Bergen.
13. How does Ruth comfort Patty in Chapter 11?
(a) Agrees that her father is cruel.
(b) Gives her aspirin and ointment.
(c) Offers her money.
(d) Gives her a hug.
14. When Ruth visits Patty at the girls' reformatory, what does she tell Patty about Mr. and Mrs. Bergen?
(a) They are not good people.
(b) They have moved to Florida.
(c) They were killed in an auto accident.
(d) They love Patty.
15. What does Patty believe her father would gain from turning in Anton?
(a) Respect from the town.
(c) The satisfaction of ruining Patty's life.
(d) Enough money to keep his business alive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Charlene Madlee buy for Patty in Chapter 20?
2. Who comes to visit Patty while she stays with her grandparents in Chapter 18?
3. Why does Patty think her father is treating her differently in Chapter 16?
4. Where does Mr. Bergen want Patty taken to in Chapter 17?
5. What does Patty see at the store in Chapter 14?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)