|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Patty think her father is treating her differently in Chapter 16?
(a) He respects her strength.
(b) He truly loves her.
(c) He is filled with remorse.
(d) Because he has stopped drinking.
2. Which character's mother had a college fund stolen by a dishonest banker?
(a) Mrs. Bergen.
(c) Edna Louise.
3. What does Patty decide to tell her father in Chapter 13?
(a) To stop being cruel.
(b) About Anton.
(c) She wants to live with her grandmother.
(d) She is leaving.
4. What happens to Ruth in Chapter 17?
(a) She is fired.
(b) Mrs. Bergen slaps her.
(c) She is shot.
(d) Mr. Bergen hits her.
5. In Chapter 11, what is Ruth accused of doing?
(a) Stealing money.
(b) Being lazy.
(c) Stealing food.
(d) Hiding spies.
6. What does Mrs. Bergen ask Mr. Bergen in Chapter 15?
(a) To send Patty away.
(b) Why the police have to be involved in family affairs.
(c) Why he hit Patty.
(d) To fire Ruth.
7. Whom does Patty claim gave her a present?
(b) Edna Louise.
(c) An old man.
8. What derogatory name is Patty called in Chapter 18?
(a) Nazi lover.
(b) Jew Nazi.
9. What does Patty fantasize about in Chapter 20?
(a) The death of her father.
(b) Sailing to Germany and living with Anton's family.
(c) Running away to Memphis.
(d) Living with Anton on a tropical island.
10. In Chapter 20, what does Patty give Mavis?
(a) Her breakfast.
(b) Her pillow.
(c) Her report.
(d) A hug.
11. In Chapter 11, what does Ruth admit to having seen?
(a) Anton try to rescue Patty from her father.
(b) Anton steal food from the kitchen.
(c) Patty's father beating Mrs. Bergen.
(d) Edna Louise's boyfriend.
12. In Chapter 12, where is Sharon invited to spend the day?
(b) The Bergen's store.
(c) Wynne City .
13. In Chapter 17, what does Mr. Bergen claim Patty has done?
(a) Disgraced him.
(b) Lied to herself.
(c) Betrayed her country.
(d) Been fooled by a liar.
14. When Ruth visits Patty at the girls' reformatory, what does she tell Patty about Mr. and Mrs. Bergen?
(a) They were killed in an auto accident.
(b) They have moved to Florida.
(c) They are not good people.
(d) They love Patty.
15. In Chapter 12, what does Ruth offer to give Anton?
(a) A change of clothing.
(b) Money and food.
(c) A place to stay.
(d) A map.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Mr. Bergen call in Chapter 15?
2. Who is Mavis?
3. By the end of Chapter 15, how does Patty feel about her father?
4. Which character drives Patty to the girls' reformatory?
5. When Ruth visits Patty at the girls' reformatory, what does she bring?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)