|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Ruth visits Patty at the girls' reformatory, what does she bring?
(a) A bible.
(b) A newspaper.
(c) Patty's ring.
(d) Patty's necklace.
2. What does Mrs. Bergen ask Mr. Bergen in Chapter 15?
(a) To fire Ruth.
(b) Why he hit Patty.
(c) To send Patty away.
(d) Why the police have to be involved in family affairs.
3. What does Patty's mother want to know in Chapter 16?
(a) Who sent Patty a letter.
(b) Why Patty doesn't have any friends.
(c) Where Mr. Bergen's monogrammed shirt is hidden.
(d) What happened in the garage.
4. What does Patty fantasize about in Chapter 20?
(a) Living with Anton on a tropical island.
(b) Sailing to Germany and living with Anton's family.
(c) The death of her father.
(d) Running away to Memphis.
5. In Chapter 17, what does Mr. Bergen claim Patty has done?
(a) Disgraced him.
(b) Lied to herself.
(c) Betrayed her country.
(d) Been fooled by a liar.
6. What does Anton give Patty in Chapter 13?
(a) A hug.
(b) A necklace.
(c) A ring.
(d) A book.
7. What gift does Charlene Madlee buy for Patty in Chapter 20?
(a) A newspaper subscription.
(b) A necklace.
8. Where is the girls' reformatory located?
(c) Washington, D.C.
9. Who comes to visit Patty while she stays with her grandparents in Chapter 18?
(b) Sheriff Cauldwell.
10. Who is Mavis?
(a) Patty's roommate at the girls' reformatory.
(b) Ruth's new employer.
(c) The head matron at the girls' reformatory.
(d) The social worker handling Patty's case.
11. What does Patty decide to tell her father in Chapter 13?
(a) About Anton.
(b) She wants to live with her grandmother.
(c) She is leaving.
(d) To stop being cruel.
12. What does Patty decide to do in Chapter 13?
(a) Murder her father.
(b) Confess to her mother.
(c) Move to her grandmother's house.
(d) Run away with Anton.
13. Who visits Patty in Chapter 16?
(c) Edna Louise.
(d) The FBI.
14. Where does Mr. Bergen talk about taking Sharon?
(a) New York.
(c) Los Angeles.
15. In Chapter 12, what does Ruth offer to give Anton?
(a) A place to stay.
(b) Money and food.
(c) A change of clothing.
(d) A map.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character's mother had a college fund stolen by a dishonest banker?
2. Whose phone call does Mr. Bergen wait for in Chapter 18?
3. In Chapter 11, what does Ruth ask Patty about as she prepares breakfast?
4. By the end of Chapter 15, how does Patty feel about her father?
5. In Chapter 20, what does Patty give Mavis?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)