|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mr. Bergen, which character has been involved in a physical relationship with Patty?
(a) Sheriff Cauldwell.
2. Why does Patty claim she was given her present?
(a) Because Edna Louise feels sorry for her.
(b) Because Freddy loves her.
(c) Because Anton loves her.
(d) Because she fed an old man.
3. Where is Patty taken in Chapter 18?
(a) Los Angeles.
(c) Washington, D.C.
(d) New York.
4. What label is applied to Patty in Chapter 19?
5. How does Ruth comfort Patty in Chapter 11?
(a) Gives her a hug.
(b) Offers her money.
(c) Gives her aspirin and ointment.
(d) Agrees that her father is cruel.
6. In Chapter 12, what does Ruth offer to give Anton?
(a) A place to stay.
(b) A map.
(c) A change of clothing.
(d) Money and food.
7. What does Mrs. Bergen want to sell in Chapter 18?
(a) Patty's ring.
(b) Patty's necklace.
(c) The store.
8. Which character comforts Patty in Chapter 15?
(a) Mrs. Bergen.
(b) Sister Parker.
9. What does Mrs. Bergen ask Mr. Bergen in Chapter 15?
(a) Why the police have to be involved in family affairs.
(b) Why he hit Patty.
(c) To fire Ruth.
(d) To send Patty away.
10. Which character defends Ruth in Chapter 11?
(d) Mrs. Bergen.
11. Why does Patty think her father is treating her differently in Chapter 16?
(a) He is filled with remorse.
(b) He truly loves her.
(c) Because he has stopped drinking.
(d) He respects her strength.
12. Whom does Patty claim gave her a present?
(c) An old man.
(d) Edna Louise.
13. In Chapter 12, where is Sharon invited to spend the day?
(b) Wynne City .
(d) The Bergen's store.
14. Where does Anton hide in Chapter 12?
(a) Under Patty's bed.
(b) In the hall closet.
(c) In the kitchen cupboard.
(d) In the garage.
15. Which character attempts to defend Patty in Chapter 17?
(b) Mrs. Bergen.
(d) Edna Louise.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Anton compare to Mr. Bergen?
2. What explanation does Patty give for her actions in Chapter 17?
3. Whom does Mr. Bergen call in Chapter 15?
4. In Chapter 11, what does Ruth ask Patty about as she prepares breakfast?
5. What derogatory name is Patty called in Chapter 18?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)