|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mavis?
(a) The head matron at the girls' reformatory.
(b) Patty's roommate at the girls' reformatory.
(c) The social worker handling Patty's case.
(d) Ruth's new employer.
2. In Chapter 20, what does Patty give Mavis?
(a) Her pillow.
(b) Her breakfast.
(c) Her report.
(d) A hug.
3. What building does the girls' reformatory resemble to Patty?
(a) The Bergen's store.
(b) Her old school.
(c) The German prison camp.
(d) The Memphis Zoo.
4. What does Patty believe her father would gain from turning in Anton?
(a) The satisfaction of ruining Patty's life.
(b) Respect from the town.
(c) Enough money to keep his business alive.
5. Where does Mr. Bergen talk about taking Sharon?
(b) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
6. In Chapter 17, what does Mr. Bergen claim Patty has done?
(a) Lied to herself.
(b) Betrayed her country.
(c) Disgraced him.
(d) Been fooled by a liar.
7. Who comes to visit Patty while she stays with her grandparents in Chapter 18?
(c) Sheriff Cauldwell.
8. In Chapter 12, where is Sharon invited to spend the day?
(c) The Bergen's store.
(d) Wynne City .
9. What gift does Charlene Madlee buy for Patty in Chapter 20?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A newspaper subscription.
10. In Chapter 11, what is Ruth accused of doing?
(a) Stealing money.
(b) Hiding spies.
(c) Stealing food.
(d) Being lazy.
11. What is Mr. Bergen forced to give Patty in Chapter 15?
(a) An apology.
(b) Her ring.
(c) Her necklace.
(d) Her freedom.
12. What label is applied to Patty in Chapter 19?
13. In Chapter 11, what does Ruth admit to having seen?
(a) Anton steal food from the kitchen.
(b) Edna Louise's boyfriend.
(c) Anton try to rescue Patty from her father.
(d) Patty's father beating Mrs. Bergen.
14. What happens to Ruth in Chapter 17?
(a) She is shot.
(b) She is fired.
(c) Mrs. Bergen slaps her.
(d) Mr. Bergen hits her.
15. How long will Patty spend at the girls' reformatory?
(a) Four years.
(b) Two months.
(c) Two years.
(d) Four months.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose phone call does Mr. Bergen wait for in Chapter 18?
2. To whom is Sharon compared in Chapter 14?
3. Which character defends Ruth in Chapter 11?
4. Why does Patty attack her visitor in Chapter 16?
5. According to Mr. Bergen, which character has been involved in a physical relationship with Patty?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)