|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the sheriff give Patty in Chapter 18?
(a) Her necklace.
(b) A sandwich.
(c) Her ring.
(d) A bible.
2. Who eats breakfast with Patty in Chapter 12?
(a) Edna Louise.
(d) Mrs. Bergen.
3. What label is applied to Patty in Chapter 19?
4. In Chapter 12, what does Ruth offer to give Anton?
(a) Money and food.
(b) A change of clothing.
(c) A map.
(d) A place to stay.
5. Whose phone call does Mr. Bergen wait for in Chapter 18?
(a) Mrs. Bergen.
(b) The sheriff.
(c) Patty's grandfather.
(d) Patty's lawyer.
6. In Chapter 20, what does Patty give Mavis?
(a) Her pillow.
(b) Her report.
(c) A hug.
(d) Her breakfast.
7. Who is Mavis?
(a) Ruth's new employer.
(b) The head matron at the girls' reformatory.
(c) Patty's roommate at the girls' reformatory.
(d) The social worker handling Patty's case.
8. What does Patty decide to tell her father in Chapter 13?
(a) About Anton.
(b) She wants to live with her grandmother.
(c) To stop being cruel.
(d) She is leaving.
9. In Chapter 11, what does Ruth ask Patty about as she prepares breakfast?
(b) Her father's temper.
(c) Edna Louise's party.
(d) The man hiding above the garage.
10. In Chapter 11, what does Ruth admit to having seen?
(a) Patty's father beating Mrs. Bergen.
(b) Anton steal food from the kitchen.
(c) Edna Louise's boyfriend.
(d) Anton try to rescue Patty from her father.
11. What does Mrs. Bergen ask Mr. Bergen in Chapter 15?
(a) To fire Ruth.
(b) Why the police have to be involved in family affairs.
(c) To send Patty away.
(d) Why he hit Patty.
12. What does Mrs. Bergen want to sell in Chapter 18?
(a) Patty's ring.
(b) Patty's necklace.
(d) The store.
13. What does Patty dream of doing when she is eighteen?
(a) Marrying Freddy.
(b) Moving to Memphis.
(c) Moving to New York.
(d) Finding Anton.
14. In Chapter 16, what does Patty hide in Ruth's apron pocket?
(a) A ten dollar bill.
(b) Her necklace.
(c) Her ring.
(d) The letter from Anton.
15. How does Ruth comfort Patty in Chapter 11?
(a) Agrees that her father is cruel.
(b) Offers her money.
(c) Gives her aspirin and ointment.
(d) Gives her a hug.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the girls' reformatory located?
2. What does Anton give Patty in Chapter 13?
3. Whom does Mr. Bergen call in Chapter 15?
4. Which character comforts Patty in Chapter 15?
5. Whom does Patty kiss in Chapter 13?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)