|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Patty kiss in Chapter 13?
(a) No one.
2. Which character attempts to defend Patty in Chapter 17?
(a) Edna Louise.
(d) Mrs. Bergen.
3. What does Patty decide to tell her father in Chapter 13?
(a) She wants to live with her grandmother.
(b) She is leaving.
(c) About Anton.
(d) To stop being cruel.
4. Where is Patty taken in Chapter 18?
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) Washington, D.C.
(d) New York.
5. Who visits Patty in Chapter 16?
(a) The FBI.
(d) Edna Louise.
6. Whom does Patty claim gave her a present?
(c) Edna Louise.
(d) An old man.
7. Who is Mavis?
(a) The head matron at the girls' reformatory.
(b) Patty's roommate at the girls' reformatory.
(c) Ruth's new employer.
(d) The social worker handling Patty's case.
8. In Chapter 11, what is Ruth accused of doing?
(a) Stealing food.
(b) Being lazy.
(c) Stealing money.
(d) Hiding spies.
9. Where does Anton hide in Chapter 12?
(a) In the kitchen cupboard.
(b) In the hall closet.
(c) Under Patty's bed.
(d) In the garage.
10. In Chapter 17, what does Mr. Bergen claim Patty has done?
(a) Lied to herself.
(b) Been fooled by a liar.
(c) Betrayed her country.
(d) Disgraced him.
11. In Chapter 12, where is Sharon invited to spend the day?
(b) The Bergen's store.
(d) Wynne City .
12. What does Patty dream of doing when she is eighteen?
(a) Finding Anton.
(b) Moving to Memphis.
(c) Marrying Freddy.
(d) Moving to New York.
13. Which character buys Patty lunch in Chapter 19?
(a) Sheriff Cauldwell.
(b) Grandpa Fried.
(c) Grandma Fried.
(d) Calvin Grimes.
14. When Ruth visits Patty at the girls' reformatory, what does she bring?
(a) Patty's ring.
(b) A newspaper.
(c) Patty's necklace.
(d) A bible.
15. Why does Patty claim she was given her present?
(a) Because she fed an old man.
(b) Because Freddy loves her.
(c) Because Anton loves her.
(d) Because Edna Louise feels sorry for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to visit Patty while she stays with her grandparents in Chapter 18?
2. How long will Patty spend at the girls' reformatory?
3. What does Patty decide to do in Chapter 13?
4. What does Mrs. Bergen want to sell in Chapter 18?
5. Where does Mr. Bergen talk about taking Sharon?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)