|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Ruth visits Patty at the girls' reformatory, what does she bring?
(a) Patty's ring.
(b) A newspaper.
(c) Patty's necklace.
(d) A bible.
2. What gift does Charlene Madlee buy for Patty in Chapter 20?
(a) A necklace.
(d) A newspaper subscription.
3. Why does Patty think her father is treating her differently in Chapter 16?
(a) He truly loves her.
(b) He is filled with remorse.
(c) Because he has stopped drinking.
(d) He respects her strength.
4. When Ruth visits Patty at the girls' reformatory, what does she tell Patty about Mr. and Mrs. Bergen?
(a) They love Patty.
(b) They have moved to Florida.
(c) They are not good people.
(d) They were killed in an auto accident.
5. What does Patty see at the store in Chapter 14?
(a) A train full of prisoners.
(b) Anton's arrest.
(c) The warden questioning her father.
(d) Sharon dancing and singing.
6. What label is applied to Patty in Chapter 19?
7. What does Patty decide to wear in Chapter 14?
(a) A new dress.
(b) A swastika.
(c) Her ring.
(d) Her necklace.
8. What does the sheriff give Patty in Chapter 18?
(a) A bible.
(b) A sandwich.
(c) Her necklace.
(d) Her ring.
9. What is Mr. Bergen forced to give Patty in Chapter 15?
(a) An apology.
(b) Her ring.
(c) Her freedom.
(d) Her necklace.
10. Who comes to visit Patty while she stays with her grandparents in Chapter 18?
(a) Sheriff Cauldwell.
11. What does Ruth wear in Chapter 13?
(a) A hat Patty gave her for Mother's Day.
(b) A pin Patty gave her for Mother's Day.
(c) A gold ring from Anton.
(d) A large coat filled with stolen food.
12. What does Patty believe her father would gain from turning in Anton?
(b) The satisfaction of ruining Patty's life.
(c) Enough money to keep his business alive.
(d) Respect from the town.
13. Why does Patty attack her visitor in Chapter 16?
(a) He shows her a bloody shirt Anton had been wearing.
(b) He says he does not love her.
(c) She calls Patty a tramp.
(d) He refuses to take her away with him.
14. By the end of Chapter 15, how does Patty feel about her father?
(a) She hates him.
(b) She loves him dearly.
(c) She is afraid he will kill her.
(d) She sees his weakness.
15. Where does Mr. Bergen talk about taking Sharon?
(a) Los Angeles.
(c) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the girls' reformatory located?
2. Where does Mr. Bergen want Patty taken to in Chapter 17?
3. In Chapter 11, what does Ruth ask Patty about as she prepares breakfast?
4. What does Patty's mother want to know in Chapter 16?
5. What does Patty decide to do in Chapter 13?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)