|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What derogatory name is Patty called in Chapter 18?
(a) Nazi lover.
(d) Jew Nazi.
2. When Ruth visits Patty at the girls' reformatory, what does she bring?
(a) Patty's necklace.
(b) Patty's ring.
(c) A bible.
(d) A newspaper.
3. Where does Anton hide in Chapter 12?
(a) In the kitchen cupboard.
(b) In the hall closet.
(c) In the garage.
(d) Under Patty's bed.
4. Where is Patty taken in Chapter 18?
(b) Washington, D.C.
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
5. In Chapter 17, what does Mr. Bergen claim Patty has done?
(a) Disgraced him.
(b) Been fooled by a liar.
(c) Betrayed her country.
(d) Lied to herself.
6. Whose phone call does Mr. Bergen wait for in Chapter 18?
(a) Mrs. Bergen.
(b) Patty's grandfather.
(c) The sheriff.
(d) Patty's lawyer.
7. Who does Anton compare to Mr. Bergen?
(a) A bear.
(b) The warden.
(c) A lion.
8. Who visits Patty in Chapter 16?
(a) Edna Louise.
(b) The FBI.
9. According to Mr. Bergen, which character has been involved in a physical relationship with Patty?
(b) Sheriff Cauldwell.
10. How long will Patty spend at the girls' reformatory?
(a) Four years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Two months.
(d) Four months.
11. By the end of Chapter 15, how does Patty feel about her father?
(a) She is afraid he will kill her.
(b) She sees his weakness.
(c) She loves him dearly.
(d) She hates him.
12. Which character's mother had a college fund stolen by a dishonest banker?
(b) Edna Louise.
(d) Mrs. Bergen.
13. Why does Anton decide to leave Patty?
(a) He is tired of being around a little girl.
(b) He wants to return to Germany.
(c) He realizes he is putting her in danger.
(d) Ruth begs him to leave.
14. What does Patty see at the store in Chapter 14?
(a) Anton's arrest.
(b) Sharon dancing and singing.
(c) A train full of prisoners.
(d) The warden questioning her father.
15. What explanation does Patty give for her actions in Chapter 17?
(a) She is in love with Anton.
(b) She was rebelling against her parents.
(c) Anton was good to her.
(d) Holding a good man prisoner is wrong.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ruth comfort Patty in Chapter 11?
2. Why does Patty think her father is treating her differently in Chapter 16?
3. Where does Mr. Bergen want Patty taken to in Chapter 17?
4. Where does Mr. Bergen talk about taking Sharon?
5. Whom does Patty claim gave her a present?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)