|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. Bergen forced to give Patty in Chapter 15?
(a) Her freedom.
(b) Her ring.
(c) Her necklace.
(d) An apology.
2. What does Anton give Patty in Chapter 13?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A hug.
(c) A ring.
(d) A book.
3. By the end of Chapter 15, how does Patty feel about her father?
(a) She hates him.
(b) She sees his weakness.
(c) She loves him dearly.
(d) She is afraid he will kill her.
4. According to Mr. Bergen, which character has been involved in a physical relationship with Patty?
(d) Sheriff Cauldwell.
5. Where does Mr. Bergen talk about taking Sharon?
(b) New York.
(c) Los Angeles.
6. Which character's mother had a college fund stolen by a dishonest banker?
(c) Mrs. Bergen.
(d) Edna Louise.
7. Which character comforts Patty in Chapter 15?
(b) Sister Parker.
(c) Mrs. Bergen.
8. When Ruth visits Patty at the girls' reformatory, what does she tell Patty about Mr. and Mrs. Bergen?
(a) They were killed in an auto accident.
(b) They are not good people.
(c) They love Patty.
(d) They have moved to Florida.
9. Whom does Mr. Bergen call in Chapter 15?
(a) The Staff Sergeant.
(b) The warden.
(c) The sheriff.
(d) Freddy's father.
10. In Chapter 11, what is Ruth accused of doing?
(a) Hiding spies.
(b) Stealing food.
(c) Being lazy.
(d) Stealing money.
11. In Chapter 11, what does Ruth admit to having seen?
(a) Edna Louise's boyfriend.
(b) Patty's father beating Mrs. Bergen.
(c) Anton steal food from the kitchen.
(d) Anton try to rescue Patty from her father.
12. Why does Patty attack her visitor in Chapter 16?
(a) He refuses to take her away with him.
(b) He shows her a bloody shirt Anton had been wearing.
(c) He says he does not love her.
(d) She calls Patty a tramp.
13. What does Mr. Bergen call Patty in Chapter 14?
(a) A thief.
(b) A misfit.
(c) A liar.
(d) A dirty girl.
14. When Ruth visits Patty at the girls' reformatory, what does she bring?
(a) Patty's necklace.
(b) Patty's ring.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) A bible.
15. Who comes to visit Patty while she stays with her grandparents in Chapter 18?
(a) Sheriff Cauldwell.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long will Patty spend at the girls' reformatory?
2. What does Patty dream of doing when she is eighteen?
3. What does Ruth wear in Chapter 13?
4. What does Patty see at the store in Chapter 14?
5. Whom does Patty claim gave her a present?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)