|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anton give Patty in Chapter 13?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A ring.
(c) A book.
(d) A hug.
2. Who visits Patty in Chapter 16?
(b) The FBI.
(c) Edna Louise.
3. When Ruth visits Patty at the girls' reformatory, what does she bring?
(a) Patty's ring.
(b) A newspaper.
(c) A bible.
(d) Patty's necklace.
4. What does Patty's mother want to know in Chapter 16?
(a) Where Mr. Bergen's monogrammed shirt is hidden.
(b) Why Patty doesn't have any friends.
(c) Who sent Patty a letter.
(d) What happened in the garage.
5. What does Patty believe her father would gain from turning in Anton?
(a) The satisfaction of ruining Patty's life.
(b) Respect from the town.
(d) Enough money to keep his business alive.
6. Who is Mavis?
(a) Patty's roommate at the girls' reformatory.
(b) The social worker handling Patty's case.
(c) The head matron at the girls' reformatory.
(d) Ruth's new employer.
7. Which character buys Patty lunch in Chapter 19?
(a) Grandma Fried.
(b) Sheriff Cauldwell.
(c) Calvin Grimes.
(d) Grandpa Fried.
8. What does Patty decide to tell her father in Chapter 13?
(a) She wants to live with her grandmother.
(b) To stop being cruel.
(c) She is leaving.
(d) About Anton.
9. What happens to Ruth in Chapter 17?
(a) Mrs. Bergen slaps her.
(b) She is fired.
(c) Mr. Bergen hits her.
(d) She is shot.
10. What does Ruth wear in Chapter 13?
(a) A large coat filled with stolen food.
(b) A gold ring from Anton.
(c) A pin Patty gave her for Mother's Day.
(d) A hat Patty gave her for Mother's Day.
11. What gift does Charlene Madlee buy for Patty in Chapter 20?
(b) A newspaper subscription.
(c) A necklace.
12. Why does Patty think her father is treating her differently in Chapter 16?
(a) He truly loves her.
(b) He respects her strength.
(c) He is filled with remorse.
(d) Because he has stopped drinking.
13. Which character comforts Patty in Chapter 15?
(a) Sister Parker.
(d) Mrs. Bergen.
14. In Chapter 16, what does Patty hide in Ruth's apron pocket?
(a) A ten dollar bill.
(b) Her necklace.
(c) The letter from Anton.
(d) Her ring.
15. What is Mr. Bergen forced to give Patty in Chapter 15?
(a) Her freedom.
(b) An apology.
(c) Her ring.
(d) Her necklace.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Patty claim she was given her present?
2. Why does Patty attack her visitor in Chapter 16?
3. In Chapter 11, what is Ruth accused of doing?
4. In Chapter 11, what does Ruth admit to having seen?
5. Whom does Patty kiss in Chapter 13?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)