|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Patty decide to find food for in Chapter 7?
2. What do Mr. and Mrs. Bergen argue about in Chapter 7?
(a) The war.
(b) Patty's hair.
(c) The store's inventory.
(d) The German prisoners.
3. Where is "Summer of My German Soldier" set?
4. What is Patty's grandmother worried about in Chapter 5?
(a) Her sisters in Luxembourg.
(b) Patty's health.
(d) The German prisoners of war.
5. What does Patty sell Anton Reiker in Chapter 3?
(a) A coat.
(c) Work boots.
(d) A pencil sharpener.
6. How could Patty get back to Memphis on her own?
(a) By train.
(b) By bike.
(c) By car.
(d) By bus.
7. Who does Patty see near her hideout in Chapter 7?
(b) Mr. Bergen.
(c) Edna Louise.
8. What does Mr. Bergen think should happen to all German prisoners of war?
(a) They should be kept inside the prison at all times.
(b) They should be kept in Europe.
(c) They should be shot.
(d) Their prison camps should be far away from towns.
9. How does Patty react to Mr. and Mrs. Bergen's argument in Chapter 7?
(a) She vomits.
(b) She hides in her room.
(c) She screams.
(d) She runs to her hideout.
10. What does Patty do the day after she visits her grandmother?
(a) Rides her bike into town.
(b) Calls her grandmother on the phone.
(c) Packs her bags for school.
(d) Writes her grandmother a thank-you note.
11. What does Sister Parker accuse Patty of doing?
(a) Being a disobedient daughter.
(b) Lying to her mother.
(c) Smiling at one of the prisoners.
(d) Stealing from the store.
12. What lie does Mrs. Bergen tell Grandma Fried in Chapter 2?
(a) Patty is too busy with school.
(b) Patty is too busy with her friends.
(c) Patty is busy with a school play.
(d) Patty must work in the store after school.
13. What does Patty tell Sister Parker about Anton?
(a) He is a long lost cousin.
(b) He hates Hitler and hopes America wins the war.
(c) He isn't really German.
(d) She is afraid of him.
14. Why do the Bergens go to Memphis in Chapter 2?
(a) To visit Mr. Bergen's parents.
(b) To hear a concert.
(c) To look for work.
(d) To visit Mrs. Bergen's parents.
15. How does Patty anger her mother while they are in the car?
(a) She kisses her.
(b) She is rude.
(c) She slaps Sharon.
(d) She ignores her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Patty's hideout?
2. In Chapter 6, why does Patty's mother tell her to leave the store?
3. What last minute purchase does Anton make from the store?
4. How old is Anton?
5. In Chapter 6, where does Patty spend her Saturday?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)