|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Anton dislike?
(c) His mother.
(d) Edna Louise.
2. In Chapter 6, where does Patty spend her Saturday?
(a) At her grandmother's house.
(b) In the Bergen's store.
(c) Near the prison.
(d) In her hideout.
3. In Chapter 7, who cuts Patty's hair?
(a) Mrs. Bergen.
(c) Edna Louise.
(d) Her grandmother.
4. Why is Patty drawn towards Anton?
(a) She loves Germany.
(b) He treats her with respect.
(c) He is a rebel.
(d) He has beautiful blue eyes.
5. Why does Patty visit Edna Louise?
(a) To find answers.
(b) To confess her crime.
(c) She wants to talk about Anton.
(d) She wants to warn Edna about Sister Parker.
6. Why doesn't Patty want her father to catch her praying?
(a) He hates formal religion.
(b) He is an atheist.
(c) Her family is Muslim.
(d) She will get in trouble for saying Christian prayers.
7. Who interprets for the Germans in Chapter 3?
(a) Mrs. Bergen.
(b) The warden.
(c) A Staff Sergeant.
(d) Anton Reiker.
8. In Chapter 2, what do the adults discuss after dinner?
(a) The war.
(b) The children.
(c) The rising cost of gas.
(d) The loss of business.
9. How wealthy were Mr. Bergen's parents?
(a) They were extremely wealthy.
(b) They were middle class business owners.
(c) They were extremely poor.
(d) They were wealthy, but donated much of their money to charity.
10. What does Patty do after breakfast in Chapter 8?
(a) Call Edna Louise.
(b) Make her bed.
(c) Help Ruth.
(d) Fill a bag with food.
11. What advice does Ruth give Patty?
(a) Stand up and stand strong.
(b) Do not talk to the prisoners.
(c) Be sweet and well-behaved.
(d) Stay away from the new base.
12. What had Patty given up the previous year in order to purchase her father's monogrammed shirt?
(b) Purchasing books.
(d) New shoes.
13. What does Patty pray for in Chapter 3?
(a) That Anton would escape.
(b) That the Germans would leave.
(c) That Anton would be her friend.
(d) That she could run away from home.
14. What does Sharon pretend to see on Mrs. Bergen?
(a) A flower.
(b) A flea.
(c) A crown.
(d) A bee.
15. Where is the restaurant located where Patty and her grandmother have lunch?
(a) At the top of a grand hotel.
(b) Overlooking a river.
(d) In the lobby of a hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What lie does Patty tell her father?
2. What does Patty do with her father's monogrammed shirt?
3. What does Patty see from her hideout?
4. For what event did Patty purchase the monogrammed shirt?
5. What does Patty learn about the Nazi party in Chapter 6?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)