|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Anton dislike?
(b) Edna Louise.
(d) His mother.
2. What does Mrs. Bergen berate Patty about in Chapter 4?
(a) Her hair.
(b) Her dress.
(c) Her accent.
(d) Her manners.
3. What does Patty fear in Chapter 8?
(a) Her mother will find her hideout.
(b) Losing the store.
(c) She may be accused of helping a Nazi.
(d) Her father will beat her for being late.
4. What does Patty do the day after she visits her grandmother?
(a) Calls her grandmother on the phone.
(b) Writes her grandmother a thank-you note.
(c) Packs her bags for school.
(d) Rides her bike into town.
5. Why does Patty think that her mother wants her to leave the store in Chapter 6?
(a) She thinks her mother knows she's stealing from the store.
(b) She thinks her mother is angry with her.
(c) She thinks her mother resents having an ugly daughter.
(d) She thinks that her mother considers her stupid.
6. What does Patty offer to do for Charlene Madlee?
(a) Get her a glass of tea.
(b) Work in her stockroom.
(c) Show her the German prison camp.
(d) Sweep her floor.
7. Where is "Summer of My German Soldier" set?
8. Where does Patty retreat to in Chapter 7?
(a) The stockroom.
(b) Her hideout.
(c) Her grandmother's house.
(d) Edna Louise's house.
9. Why doesn't Mr. Bergen like Grandpa Fried?
(a) Mr. Bergen is jealous of Grandpa Fried's success.
(b) Grandpa Fried makes fun of Mr. Bergen's heritage.
(c) Grandpa Fried did not give Mr. Bergen a job in the family business.
(d) Grandpa Fried is charging Mr. Bergen interest on a business loan.
10. Which character is accused of being a Nazi saboteur?
(c) Mr. Bergen.
11. What does Patty's father do when he sees her with Freddy?
(a) Beats her behind the house.
(b) Chases Freddy out of the yard.
(c) Invites Freddy inside the house.
(d) Slaps her in front of Freddy.
12. What does Edna Louise say about America?
(a) Everyone deserves a chance to live here.
(b) Patty is free to live where she wants.
(c) It should end the war.
(d) It is on God's side.
13. Who does Patty lie to in Chapter 9?
(a) Edna Louise.
(d) The FBI.
14. What is next to Patty's hideout?
(a) A creek.
(b) A sink.
(c) Railroad tracks.
(d) A large oak tree.
15. What is Patty's grandmother worried about in Chapter 5?
(a) The German prisoners of war.
(b) Her sisters in Luxembourg.
(c) Patty's health.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is "Summer of My German Soldier" set?
2. What has Mr. Bergen never shown Grandpa Fried?
3. What makes Patty feel pretty?
4. What advice does Ruth give Patty?
5. Which character questions the prison's warden in Chapter 9?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)