|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 6, where does Patty spend her Saturday?
(a) In her hideout.
(b) In the Bergen's store.
(c) At her grandmother's house.
(d) Near the prison.
2. Who does Patty decide to find food for in Chapter 7?
3. Where is the restaurant located where Patty and her grandmother have lunch?
(a) In the lobby of a hotel.
(c) At the top of a grand hotel.
(d) Overlooking a river.
4. What does Anton do with fake diamonds in Chapter 8?
(a) Melt plastic.
(b) Pick a lock.
(c) Sell them to Mr. Bergen.
(d) Bribe a guard.
5. What last minute purchase does Anton make from the store?
(a) A pair of work gloves.
(b) A pair of work pants.
(c) A fake gold ring.
(d) A gaudy pin with fake diamonds.
6. Who questions Patty at the store in Chapter 9?
(a) The FBI.
(b) Charlene Madlee.
(c) The Chief of Police.
(d) The warden of the prison.
7. Who is Sharon?
(a) Patty's schoolmate.
(b) Patty's sister.
(c) Patty's black nanny.
(d) Patty's hispanic nanny.
8. Who is Ruth?
(a) Patty's black nanny.
(b) Patty's hispanic nanny.
(c) Patty's sister.
(d) Patty's schoolmate.
9. Who is Sister Parker?
(a) Mrs. Bergen's housekeeper.
(b) Mrs. Bergen's best friend.
(c) A sales clerk.
(d) The pastor's wife.
10. How does Patty surprise Ruth in Chapter 10?
(a) By waking up on her own.
(b) By washing her own plate and cup.
(c) By bathing and dressing nicely on her own.
(d) By giving Ruth a hug.
11. Where does Patty find Sharon in Chapter 1?
(a) In the garden, hoeing weeds.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) On the front porch.
(d) In the sandbox.
12. In Chapter 3, where is Patty when the German prisoners arrive?
(a) At her grandmother's house.
(b) At home.
(c) In school.
(d) In the Bergen's store.
13. In Chapter 8, what does Patty read about in the paper?
(a) The escape of one of the German prisoners.
(b) The death of one of the German prisoners.
(c) A new youth program.
(d) The Nazi saboteurs.
14. What had Patty given up the previous year in order to purchase her father's monogrammed shirt?
(a) Purchasing books.
(c) New shoes.
15. How wealthy were Mr. Bergen's parents?
(a) They were middle class business owners.
(b) They were extremely poor.
(c) They were wealthy, but donated much of their money to charity.
(d) They were extremely wealthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Patty drawn towards Anton?
2. What does Patty tell Charlene Madlee she wants to be when she grows up?
3. What does Patty fear in Chapter 8?
4. Where does Patty's mother send her in Chapter 6?
5. What does Mrs. Bergen berate Patty about in Chapter 4?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)