|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Anton dislike?
(b) His mother.
(d) Edna Louise.
2. What does Patty do the day after she visits her grandmother?
(a) Writes her grandmother a thank-you note.
(b) Rides her bike into town.
(c) Packs her bags for school.
(d) Calls her grandmother on the phone.
3. What does Patty pray for in Chapter 3?
(a) That she could run away from home.
(b) That Anton would escape.
(c) That the Germans would leave.
(d) That Anton would be her friend.
4. Who is Sharon?
(a) Patty's schoolmate.
(b) Patty's hispanic nanny.
(c) Patty's sister.
(d) Patty's black nanny.
5. What does Anton do with fake diamonds in Chapter 8?
(a) Sell them to Mr. Bergen.
(b) Pick a lock.
(c) Melt plastic.
(d) Bribe a guard.
6. Where does Patty retreat to in Chapter 7?
(a) The stockroom.
(b) Her grandmother's house.
(c) Edna Louise's house.
(d) Her hideout.
7. What has Mr. Bergen never shown Grandpa Fried?
(b) His store.
(c) His family photos.
8. What is Patty's ethnic heritage?
9. In Chapter 2, how does Patty wake her mother?
(a) By shouting.
(b) By turning up the radio.
(c) With a kiss.
(d) With a tap on the shoulder.
10. Who is Sister Parker?
(a) Mrs. Bergen's best friend.
(b) The pastor's wife.
(c) Mrs. Bergen's housekeeper.
(d) A sales clerk.
11. What lie does Patty tell her father?
(a) Thieves stole her money.
(b) Ruth is lazy.
(c) A prisoner tried to escape.
(d) Sharon stole candy.
12. What does Patty tell Charlene Madlee she wants to be when she grows up?
(a) A shopkeeper.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A reporter.
(d) A beautician.
13. Who is Charlene Madlee?
(a) A newspaper reporter.
(b) A shopkeeper in Jenkinsville.
(c) A beautician.
(d) An FBI agent.
14. What does Patty do after breakfast in Chapter 8?
(a) Make her bed.
(b) Fill a bag with food.
(c) Help Ruth.
(d) Call Edna Louise.
15. What does Edna Louise say about Anton?
(a) He is on the devil's side.
(b) He deserves a chance.
(c) Since he knows English, he's probably a spy.
(d) He is handsome.
Short Answer Questions
1. What excuse does Patty give for laughing with Anton?
2. What is next to Patty's hideout?
3. Who do Patty and Charlene visit in Chapter 9?
4. What last minute purchase does Anton make from the store?
5. When is "Summer of My German Soldier" set?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)