|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Patty go after breakfast in Chapter 8?
(a) To her hideout.
(b) To Edna Louise's house.
(c) To school.
(d) To the store.
2. Which character does Patty converse with in Chapter 3?
(a) The warden.
(b) A guard.
(d) The Staff Sergeant.
3. In Chapter 2, how does Patty wake her mother?
(a) With a kiss.
(b) With a tap on the shoulder.
(c) By shouting.
(d) By turning up the radio.
4. What is Patty's grandmother worried about in Chapter 5?
(a) Patty's health.
(c) The German prisoners of war.
(d) Her sisters in Luxembourg.
5. What does Patty do after breakfast in Chapter 8?
(a) Make her bed.
(b) Fill a bag with food.
(c) Help Ruth.
(d) Call Edna Louise.
6. Why does Patty have her hair cut in Chapter 7?
(a) To please her mother.
(b) To rebel against her parents.
(c) To look nice for Anton.
(d) To remove the damaged sections of hair.
7. What does Patty do the day after she visits her grandmother?
(a) Calls her grandmother on the phone.
(b) Packs her bags for school.
(c) Rides her bike into town.
(d) Writes her grandmother a thank-you note.
8. Where is Patty's hideout?
(a) In a treehouse.
(b) In the basement.
(c) Above a garage.
(d) Inside the old train depot.
9. What is Patty's opinion of Anton?
(a) He is probably lying.
(b) He is probably in league with the devil.
(c) He is too handsome to be evil.
(d) He is a very nice person.
10. Who do the Germans remind Patty of?
(a) A box of old tin soldiers.
(b) The local high school football team.
(c) A crew from the Public Works Department.
(d) Soldiers on parade.
11. Why can't Patty see her grandmother the week after her visit in Chapter 5?
(a) Patty does not have money for another ticket.
(b) Her grandmother is hosting a bridge party that afternoon.
(c) Her grandmother is going on vacation.
(d) Patty must go back to school.
12. Whom does Anton love greatly?
(a) His mother.
(b) Edna Louise.
13. What does Patty tell Sister Parker about Anton?
(a) He isn't really German.
(b) She is afraid of him.
(c) He is a long lost cousin.
(d) He hates Hitler and hopes America wins the war.
14. Why are the horizontal stair boards removed from the stairs leading to the hideout?
(a) The room is in the process of being remodeled.
(b) To keep out vagrants.
(c) They are rotten.
(d) To keep other kids away.
15. Who does Patty lie to in Chapter 9?
(a) The FBI.
(b) Edna Louise.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Patty go by bike in Chapter 5?
2. What does Anton do with fake diamonds in Chapter 8?
3. In Chapter 2, what do the adults discuss after dinner?
4. Where does Patty retreat to in Chapter 7?
5. For what event did Patty purchase the monogrammed shirt?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)