Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What last minute purchase does Anton make from the store?
(a) A fake gold ring.
(b) A gaudy pin with fake diamonds.
(c) A pair of work pants.
(d) A pair of work gloves.
2. What is Patty's opinion of Anton?
(a) He is a very nice person.
(b) He is probably lying.
(c) He is too handsome to be evil.
(d) He is probably in league with the devil.
3. What does Patty see from her hideout?
(a) A man running.
(b) Her father.
(c) An argument between her parents.
(d) A robbery.
4. Where have Patty's friends gone in Chapter 5?
(a) To church camp.
(b) To Edna Louise's party.
(c) To see a movie.
(d) To see a play.
5. In Chapter 8, what does Patty read about in the paper?
(a) The escape of one of the German prisoners.
(b) The death of one of the German prisoners.
(c) A new youth program.
(d) The Nazi saboteurs.
6. What has Mr. Bergen never shown Grandpa Fried?
(a) His family photos.
(b) His store.
7. How does Patty's father treat her on a consistent basis?
(a) With firm kindness.
(b) With quiet disdain.
(c) With a cold, violent temper.
(d) With calculated manipulation.
8. What does Sister Parker accuse Patty of doing?
(a) Lying to her mother.
(b) Smiling at one of the prisoners.
(c) Being a disobedient daughter.
(d) Stealing from the store.
9. What does Sharon pretend to see on Mrs. Bergen?
(a) A crown.
(b) A flea.
(c) A bee.
(d) A flower.
10. Why does Patty decide to obey her mother in Chapter 6?
(a) She does not want her sister to get dirty.
(b) Her father threatens to beat her.
(c) Being alone at home is better than being shunned at the store.
(d) She hopes she will see Anton.
11. Where does Patty's mother send her in Chapter 6?
(a) To the dumpster.
(b) To the prison.
(c) To a local beautician.
(d) Back home.
12. What would Grandma Fried like for Patty to do?
(a) Visit more often.
(b) Help her clean house once a week.
(c) Go to boarding school.
(d) Go back home.
13. In Chapter 2, what do the adults discuss after dinner?
(a) The loss of business.
(b) The children.
(c) The war.
(d) The rising cost of gas.
14. Whom does Anton love greatly?
(a) Edna Louise.
(c) His mother.
15. What does Patty offer to do for Charlene Madlee?
(a) Sweep her floor.
(b) Work in her stockroom.
(c) Get her a glass of tea.
(d) Show her the German prison camp.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Patty go late at night in Chapter 7?
2. In Chapter 8, what does the proclamation that Patty reads state?
3. Who is Edna Louise?
4. Why is Patty willing to help Anton?
5. In Chapter 2, how does Patty wake her mother?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)