|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Patty's mother send her in Chapter 6?
(a) To the dumpster.
(b) To a local beautician.
(c) Back home.
(d) To the prison.
2. Where does Patty's grandmother live?
(c) New Orleans.
3. What does Patty do the day after she visits her grandmother?
(a) Rides her bike into town.
(b) Packs her bags for school.
(c) Calls her grandmother on the phone.
(d) Writes her grandmother a thank-you note.
4. In Chapter 9, what topic is everyone is town discussing?
(a) The landing at Normandy.
(b) The bombing of Pearl Harbor.
(c) Anton's escape.
(d) The new proclamation.
5. What does Patty tell Charlene Madlee she wants to be when she grows up?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A beautician.
(c) A reporter.
(d) A shopkeeper.
6. In Chapter 1, what facility has opened up in town?
(a) A camp for German prisoners of war.
(b) A new Naval base.
(c) A new Army base.
(d) A new train station.
7. How does Patty feel about being at her grandparents' house?
(a) She is afraid of Grandpa Fried.
(b) She is bored.
(c) She is nervous around her grandparents.
(d) She enjoys their company.
8. What makes Patty feel pretty?
(a) Her eyes.
(b) Her hair.
(c) Her necklace.
(d) Her new dress.
9. Who do Patty and Charlene visit in Chapter 9?
(a) Edna Louise.
(c) Patty's grandmother.
(d) The warden of the prison camp.
10. Why does Patty decide to obey her mother in Chapter 6?
(a) Her father threatens to beat her.
(b) She hopes she will see Anton.
(c) Being alone at home is better than being shunned at the store.
(d) She does not want her sister to get dirty.
11. What advice does Ruth give Patty?
(a) Stay away from the new base.
(b) Stand up and stand strong.
(c) Do not talk to the prisoners.
(d) Be sweet and well-behaved.
12. What area does Patty clean and fix up for herself?
(a) Her hideout.
(b) A corner on Edna Louise's back porch.
(c) A corner closet in the stockroom.
(d) A room at her grandmother's house.
13. In Chapter 8, what does Patty read about in the paper?
(a) The escape of one of the German prisoners.
(b) A new youth program.
(c) The Nazi saboteurs.
(d) The death of one of the German prisoners.
14. Which character questions the prison's warden in Chapter 9?
(b) Sheriff Cauldwell.
(c) Charlene Madlee.
(d) Mr. Bergen.
15. In Chapter 3, where is Patty when the German prisoners arrive?
(a) In school.
(b) At home.
(c) In the Bergen's store.
(d) At her grandmother's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Edna Louise?
2. What does Patty offer to do for Charlene Madlee?
3. What does Patty fear in Chapter 8?
4. What last minute purchase does Anton make from the store?
5. Why does Patty go to the store in Chapter 1?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)