|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How wealthy were Mr. Bergen's parents?
(a) They were extremely poor.
(b) They were middle class business owners.
(c) They were extremely wealthy.
(d) They were wealthy, but donated much of their money to charity.
2. What excuse does Patty give for laughing with Anton?
(a) She was laughing because she was nervous.
(b) Anton told her a funny story.
(c) Anton was making funny faces at the guard.
(d) She was laughing at his poor knowledge of English.
3. Who is Sharon?
(a) Patty's hispanic nanny.
(b) Patty's sister.
(c) Patty's schoolmate.
(d) Patty's black nanny.
4. What does Patty offer to do for Charlene Madlee?
(a) Get her a glass of tea.
(b) Show her the German prison camp.
(c) Work in her stockroom.
(d) Sweep her floor.
5. Where is Patty's hideout?
(a) In a treehouse.
(b) Inside the old train depot.
(c) Above a garage.
(d) In the basement.
6. Why does Patty go to the store in Chapter 1?
(a) To work in the stockroom.
(b) To buy sugar.
(c) To tell her parents about the Germans.
(d) As a favor for Ruth.
7. Who is Sister Parker?
(a) A sales clerk.
(b) Mrs. Bergen's housekeeper.
(c) Mrs. Bergen's best friend.
(d) The pastor's wife.
8. What would Grandma Fried like for Patty to do?
(a) Go back home.
(b) Go to boarding school.
(c) Visit more often.
(d) Help her clean house once a week.
9. Why doesn't Mr. Bergen like Grandpa Fried?
(a) Grandpa Fried makes fun of Mr. Bergen's heritage.
(b) Grandpa Fried is charging Mr. Bergen interest on a business loan.
(c) Mr. Bergen is jealous of Grandpa Fried's success.
(d) Grandpa Fried did not give Mr. Bergen a job in the family business.
10. Who does Patty see near her hideout in Chapter 7?
(b) Mr. Bergen.
(c) Edna Louise.
11. Where is the restaurant located where Patty and her grandmother have lunch?
(a) Overlooking a river.
(c) At the top of a grand hotel.
(d) In the lobby of a hotel.
12. Why does Patty lie to Sister Parker?
(a) She does not want Sister Parker to blame Edna.
(b) She is angry.
(c) She is afraid of getting in trouble.
(d) She does not want Sister Parker to blame Lousie.
13. Where does Patty go after breakfast in Chapter 8?
(a) To her hideout.
(b) To the store.
(c) To school.
(d) To Edna Louise's house.
14. Which character does Patty converse with in Chapter 3?
(a) The warden.
(c) A guard.
(d) The Staff Sergeant.
15. In Chapter 8, who does Patty see in her hideout?
(b) A stranger.
(c) Edna Louise.
(d) Her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Patty feel about being at her grandparents' house?
2. Where does Patty retreat to in Chapter 7?
3. Why do the Bergens go to Memphis in Chapter 2?
4. What does Patty tell Sister Parker about Anton?
5. Where have Patty's friends gone in Chapter 5?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)