|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Patty go after breakfast in Chapter 8?
(a) To school.
(b) To the store.
(c) To her hideout.
(d) To Edna Louise's house.
2. Where have Patty's friends gone in Chapter 5?
(a) To church camp.
(b) To Edna Louise's party.
(c) To see a play.
(d) To see a movie.
3. How wealthy were Mr. Bergen's parents?
(a) They were middle class business owners.
(b) They were wealthy, but donated much of their money to charity.
(c) They were extremely poor.
(d) They were extremely wealthy.
4. Why does Patty want to work in the Bergen's store?
(a) She hopes to see Anton.
(b) Working makes her feel useful.
(c) She wants to earn ticket money.
(d) She fears her father.
5. Who is Ruth?
(a) Patty's hispanic nanny.
(b) Patty's black nanny.
(c) Patty's schoolmate.
(d) Patty's sister.
6. What does Patty offer to do for Charlene Madlee?
(a) Work in her stockroom.
(b) Sweep her floor.
(c) Get her a glass of tea.
(d) Show her the German prison camp.
7. Who questions Patty at the store in Chapter 9?
(a) Charlene Madlee.
(b) The Chief of Police.
(c) The warden of the prison.
(d) The FBI.
8. What is Anton's expression as he leaves the store in Chapter 3?
(a) He is grinning.
(b) He appears sad.
(c) He seems angry.
(d) He is frowning.
9. What had Patty given up the previous year in order to purchase her father's monogrammed shirt?
(c) New shoes.
(d) Purchasing books.
10. What happens to Patty's hair in Chapter 6?
(a) She dyes it blond.
(b) She has it cut off in a very short bob.
(c) She dyes it jet black.
(d) It becomes dry and frizzy from the bad perm.
11. In Chapter 8, what does Patty read about in the paper?
(a) The death of one of the German prisoners.
(b) The Nazi saboteurs.
(c) The escape of one of the German prisoners.
(d) A new youth program.
12. What does Patty's grandmother buy her after lunch?
(a) A ticket home.
(b) A book.
(c) A necklace.
(d) New clothes.
13. What do Mr. and Mrs. Bergen argue about in Chapter 7?
(a) The German prisoners.
(b) The war.
(c) Patty's hair.
(d) The store's inventory.
14. What does Sister Parker accuse Patty of doing?
(a) Being a disobedient daughter.
(b) Lying to her mother.
(c) Smiling at one of the prisoners.
(d) Stealing from the store.
15. In Chapter 1, what facility has opened up in town?
(a) A new train station.
(b) A new Army base.
(c) A new Naval base.
(d) A camp for German prisoners of war.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Patty decide to obey her mother in Chapter 6?
2. Who does Patty lie to in Chapter 9?
3. What does Patty learn about the Nazi party in Chapter 6?
4. What last minute purchase does Anton make from the store?
5. What does Patty tell Charlene Madlee she wants to be when she grows up?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)