|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what event did Patty purchase the monogrammed shirt?
(a) Her father's birthday.
(b) Father's day.
2. What does Patty fear in Chapter 8?
(a) Losing the store.
(b) Her mother will find her hideout.
(c) Her father will beat her for being late.
(d) She may be accused of helping a Nazi.
3. Why does Patty have her hair cut in Chapter 7?
(a) To please her mother.
(b) To rebel against her parents.
(c) To look nice for Anton.
(d) To remove the damaged sections of hair.
4. Why is Patty willing to help Anton?
(a) Anton is willing to pay her.
(b) She is rebelling against her parents.
(c) She likes him and doesn't want him to get hurt.
(d) She loves Germany.
5. Who is Ruth?
(a) Patty's hispanic nanny.
(b) Patty's black nanny.
(c) Patty's sister.
(d) Patty's schoolmate.
6. Why can't Patty see her grandmother the week after her visit in Chapter 5?
(a) Her grandmother is hosting a bridge party that afternoon.
(b) Patty must go back to school.
(c) Patty does not have money for another ticket.
(d) Her grandmother is going on vacation.
7. What area does Patty clean and fix up for herself?
(a) Her hideout.
(b) A corner closet in the stockroom.
(c) A room at her grandmother's house.
(d) A corner on Edna Louise's back porch.
8. What does Sharon pretend to see on Mrs. Bergen?
(a) A flea.
(b) A crown.
(c) A bee.
(d) A flower.
9. What happens at dinner in Chapter 7?
(a) Mrs. Bergen screams at Patty.
(b) Mr. Bergen screams at Patty.
(c) Mr. Bergen screams at Mrs. Bergen.
(d) Mrs. Bergen screams at Mr. Bergen.
10. How does Patty's father treat her on a consistent basis?
(a) With a cold, violent temper.
(b) With calculated manipulation.
(c) With firm kindness.
(d) With quiet disdain.
11. Why doesn't Patty want her father to catch her praying?
(a) Her family is Muslim.
(b) He is an atheist.
(c) She will get in trouble for saying Christian prayers.
(d) He hates formal religion.
12. Who does Patty see near her hideout in Chapter 7?
(b) Mr. Bergen.
(c) Edna Louise.
13. What does Patty ask Anton in Chapter 3?
(a) How was he captured?
(b) How long will he stay in America?
(c) Did he like America?
(d) Where did he learn to speak English?
14. Why does Patty visit Edna Louise?
(a) To find answers.
(b) To confess her crime.
(c) She wants to warn Edna about Sister Parker.
(d) She wants to talk about Anton.
15. Why is Anton surprised that Patty is willing to help him?
(a) She is an American.
(b) She is Jewish.
(c) She is a young girl.
(d) She is willing to risk her life for a stranger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Patty's grandmother worried about in Chapter 5?
2. What is next to Patty's hideout?
3. Who do Patty and Charlene visit in Chapter 9?
4. What impresses Patty about Anton Reiker?
5. What happens to Patty's hair in Chapter 6?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)