|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does one prisoner respond when taunted?
(a) He spits.
(b) He kicks up dust.
(c) He swears.
(d) He smiles and waves.
2. Which character is accused of being a Nazi saboteur?
(b) Mr. Bergen.
3. What does Patty fear in Chapter 8?
(a) She may be accused of helping a Nazi.
(b) Her father will beat her for being late.
(c) Her mother will find her hideout.
(d) Losing the store.
4. Where does Patty go late at night in Chapter 7?
(a) To her grandmother's house.
(b) To the kitchen.
(c) To Ruth's house.
(d) To her hideout.
5. What does Patty offer to do for Charlene Madlee?
(a) Get her a glass of tea.
(b) Sweep her floor.
(c) Show her the German prison camp.
(d) Work in her stockroom.
6. Where is "Summer of My German Soldier" set?
7. Why does Patty decide to obey her mother in Chapter 6?
(a) Being alone at home is better than being shunned at the store.
(b) She hopes she will see Anton.
(c) Her father threatens to beat her.
(d) She does not want her sister to get dirty.
8. What is Patty's opinion of Anton?
(a) He is probably in league with the devil.
(b) He is too handsome to be evil.
(c) He is a very nice person.
(d) He is probably lying.
9. In Chapter 8, what does Patty read about in the paper?
(a) The Nazi saboteurs.
(b) The escape of one of the German prisoners.
(c) A new youth program.
(d) The death of one of the German prisoners.
10. Where is the restaurant located where Patty and her grandmother have lunch?
(a) At the top of a grand hotel.
(b) Overlooking a river.
(d) In the lobby of a hotel.
11. What has Mr. Bergen never shown Grandpa Fried?
(b) His store.
(d) His family photos.
12. What happens at dinner in Chapter 7?
(a) Mr. Bergen screams at Patty.
(b) Mrs. Bergen screams at Patty.
(c) Mrs. Bergen screams at Mr. Bergen.
(d) Mr. Bergen screams at Mrs. Bergen.
13. Who do Patty and Charlene visit in Chapter 9?
(a) Patty's grandmother.
(b) The warden of the prison camp.
(c) Edna Louise.
14. What does Patty pray for in Chapter 3?
(a) That the Germans would leave.
(b) That Anton would escape.
(c) That Anton would be her friend.
(d) That she could run away from home.
15. What does Sharon pretend to see on Mrs. Bergen?
(a) A bee.
(b) A flea.
(c) A crown.
(d) A flower.
Short Answer Questions
1. What lie does Patty tell her father?
2. Who do the Germans remind Patty of?
3. Whom does Anton love greatly?
4. What had Patty given up the previous year in order to purchase her father's monogrammed shirt?
5. How could Patty get back to Memphis on her own?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)