|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what topic is everyone is town discussing?
(a) The landing at Normandy.
(b) Anton's escape.
(c) The bombing of Pearl Harbor.
(d) The new proclamation.
2. Who questions Patty at the store in Chapter 9?
(a) The Chief of Police.
(b) The FBI.
(c) The warden of the prison.
(d) Charlene Madlee.
3. What is Patty's grandmother worried about in Chapter 5?
(b) The German prisoners of war.
(c) Patty's health.
(d) Her sisters in Luxembourg.
4. What does Patty fear in Chapter 8?
(a) She may be accused of helping a Nazi.
(b) Her mother will find her hideout.
(c) Her father will beat her for being late.
(d) Losing the store.
5. What makes Patty feel pretty?
(a) Her hair.
(b) Her new dress.
(c) Her eyes.
(d) Her necklace.
6. What does Patty pray for in Chapter 3?
(a) That the Germans would leave.
(b) That Anton would be her friend.
(c) That she could run away from home.
(d) That Anton would escape.
7. Why does Patty go to the store in Chapter 1?
(a) To buy sugar.
(b) To work in the stockroom.
(c) To tell her parents about the Germans.
(d) As a favor for Ruth.
8. In Chapter 3, where is Patty when the German prisoners arrive?
(a) In school.
(b) At her grandmother's house.
(c) At home.
(d) In the Bergen's store.
9. What information relieves Patty at the end of Chapter 9?
(a) Her father is going out of town for three weeks.
(b) Her grandfather would like Patty to come work in his shop.
(c) Her mother did not know about her trip.
(d) The warden does not know what happened to Anton.
10. What happens to Patty's hair in Chapter 6?
(a) It becomes dry and frizzy from the bad perm.
(b) She has it cut off in a very short bob.
(c) She dyes it jet black.
(d) She dyes it blond.
11. What lie does Mrs. Bergen tell Grandma Fried in Chapter 2?
(a) Patty must work in the store after school.
(b) Patty is busy with a school play.
(c) Patty is too busy with her friends.
(d) Patty is too busy with school.
12. What does Patty's father do when he sees her with Freddy?
(a) Slaps her in front of Freddy.
(b) Chases Freddy out of the yard.
(c) Invites Freddy inside the house.
(d) Beats her behind the house.
13. What does Patty see from her hideout?
(a) A man running.
(b) A robbery.
(c) Her father.
(d) An argument between her parents.
14. Where is Patty's hideout?
(a) In the basement.
(b) Inside the old train depot.
(c) In a treehouse.
(d) Above a garage.
15. How does Patty shock Edna Louise?
(a) By telling Edna Louise that she is going to run away.
(b) By admitting she hates her mother.
(c) By confessing her crime.
(d) By telling her she like Anton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What lie does Patty tell her father?
2. How does Patty's father react to her gift?
3. What does Edna Louise say about America?
4. What had Patty given up the previous year in order to purchase her father's monogrammed shirt?
5. Who do the Germans remind Patty of?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)