|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what does the proclamation that Patty reads state?
(a) Spies will be arrested.
(b) All citizens should be inside after 8 p.m.
(c) Spies will be put to death.
(d) Sugar and oil will be rationed.
2. How could Patty get back to Memphis on her own?
(a) By bike.
(b) By train.
(c) By car.
(d) By bus.
3. Where have Patty's friends gone in Chapter 5?
(a) To see a play.
(b) To church camp.
(c) To see a movie.
(d) To Edna Louise's party.
4. In Chapter 8, what does Patty read about in the paper?
(a) The death of one of the German prisoners.
(b) The escape of one of the German prisoners.
(c) The Nazi saboteurs.
(d) A new youth program.
5. How does one prisoner respond when taunted?
(a) He spits.
(b) He kicks up dust.
(c) He smiles and waves.
(d) He swears.
6. Who does Patty see near her hideout in Chapter 7?
(b) Mr. Bergen.
(c) Edna Louise.
7. Why is Patty drawn towards Anton?
(a) He is a rebel.
(b) He has beautiful blue eyes.
(c) He treats her with respect.
(d) She loves Germany.
8. Why are the horizontal stair boards removed from the stairs leading to the hideout?
(a) They are rotten.
(b) To keep other kids away.
(c) To keep out vagrants.
(d) The room is in the process of being remodeled.
9. Where does Patty go by bike in Chapter 5?
(a) To the prison.
(b) To the store.
(c) To the theater.
(d) To Edna Louise's house.
10. Why is Patty willing to help Anton?
(a) She loves Germany.
(b) Anton is willing to pay her.
(c) She is rebelling against her parents.
(d) She likes him and doesn't want him to get hurt.
11. What lie does Patty tell her father?
(a) A prisoner tried to escape.
(b) Thieves stole her money.
(c) Ruth is lazy.
(d) Sharon stole candy.
12. What does Patty do the day after she visits her grandmother?
(a) Rides her bike into town.
(b) Packs her bags for school.
(c) Writes her grandmother a thank-you note.
(d) Calls her grandmother on the phone.
13. What does Patty offer to do for Charlene Madlee?
(a) Work in her stockroom.
(b) Show her the German prison camp.
(c) Get her a glass of tea.
(d) Sweep her floor.
14. How does Patty get to her grandmother's house?
(a) By bike.
(b) By car.
(c) By train.
(d) By bus.
15. How does Patty shock Edna Louise?
(a) By telling her she like Anton.
(b) By admitting she hates her mother.
(c) By confessing her crime.
(d) By telling Edna Louise that she is going to run away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Patty fear in Chapter 8?
2. When is "Summer of My German Soldier" set?
3. Who questions Patty at the store in Chapter 9?
4. Who interprets for the Germans in Chapter 3?
5. What does Patty learn about the Nazi party in Chapter 6?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)