|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Anton's expression as he leaves the store in Chapter 3?
(a) He is grinning.
(b) He appears sad.
(c) He seems angry.
(d) He is frowning.
2. What does Patty's father do when he sees her with Freddy?
(a) Chases Freddy out of the yard.
(b) Beats her behind the house.
(c) Invites Freddy inside the house.
(d) Slaps her in front of Freddy.
3. What does Edna Louise say about Anton?
(a) He is handsome.
(b) He deserves a chance.
(c) Since he knows English, he's probably a spy.
(d) He is on the devil's side.
4. In Chapter 2, how does Patty wake her mother?
(a) With a kiss.
(b) By turning up the radio.
(c) With a tap on the shoulder.
(d) By shouting.
5. What does Patty offer to do for Charlene Madlee?
(a) Work in her stockroom.
(b) Sweep her floor.
(c) Show her the German prison camp.
(d) Get her a glass of tea.
6. How does Patty react to Mr. and Mrs. Bergen's argument in Chapter 7?
(a) She vomits.
(b) She runs to her hideout.
(c) She hides in her room.
(d) She screams.
7. Why does Patty lie to Sister Parker?
(a) She is afraid of getting in trouble.
(b) She does not want Sister Parker to blame Lousie.
(c) She is angry.
(d) She does not want Sister Parker to blame Edna.
8. Who questions Patty at the store in Chapter 9?
(a) The FBI.
(b) The warden of the prison.
(c) The Chief of Police.
(d) Charlene Madlee.
9. Where does Patty find Sharon in Chapter 1?
(a) On the front porch.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) In the garden, hoeing weeds.
(d) In the sandbox.
10. For what event did Patty purchase the monogrammed shirt?
(b) Her father's birthday.
(d) Father's day.
11. How does Patty view people?
(a) Without prejudice.
(b) By their nationality.
(c) By their language.
(d) By the color of their skin.
12. Why does Patty decide to obey her mother in Chapter 6?
(a) Her father threatens to beat her.
(b) She does not want her sister to get dirty.
(c) Being alone at home is better than being shunned at the store.
(d) She hopes she will see Anton.
13. What is Patty's grandmother worried about in Chapter 5?
(a) Patty's health.
(c) The German prisoners of war.
(d) Her sisters in Luxembourg.
14. Who does Patty lie to in Chapter 9?
(a) The FBI.
(b) Edna Louise.
15. What does Patty do after breakfast in Chapter 8?
(a) Call Edna Louise.
(b) Make her bed.
(c) Help Ruth.
(d) Fill a bag with food.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what do the adults discuss after dinner?
2. In Chapter 8, what does the proclamation that Patty reads state?
3. What does Edna Louise say about America?
4. Who interprets for the Germans in Chapter 3?
5. Why does Patty want to work in the Bergen's store?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)