|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, where is Patty when the German prisoners arrive?
(a) At her grandmother's house.
(b) At home.
(c) In school.
(d) In the Bergen's store.
2. In Chapter 7, who cuts Patty's hair?
(b) Mrs. Bergen.
(c) Edna Louise.
(d) Her grandmother.
3. In Chapter 8, who does Patty see in her hideout?
(a) Her father.
(c) A stranger.
(d) Edna Louise.
4. What does Patty tell Charlene Madlee she wants to be when she grows up?
(a) A shopkeeper.
(b) A reporter.
(c) A beautician.
(d) A teacher.
5. Where does Patty find Sharon in Chapter 1?
(a) On the front porch.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) In the garden, hoeing weeds.
(d) In the sandbox.
6. How old is Anton?
(a) A least twenty.
(b) No one knows except Anton.
(c) Over thirty.
7. What does Patty sell Anton Reiker in Chapter 3?
(a) A coat.
(b) A pencil sharpener.
(d) Work boots.
8. In Chapter 8, what does the proclamation that Patty reads state?
(a) Spies will be put to death.
(b) Sugar and oil will be rationed.
(c) Spies will be arrested.
(d) All citizens should be inside after 8 p.m.
9. What had Patty given up the previous year in order to purchase her father's monogrammed shirt?
(a) Purchasing books.
(d) New shoes.
10. Who questions Patty at the store in Chapter 9?
(a) Charlene Madlee.
(b) The Chief of Police.
(c) The warden of the prison.
(d) The FBI.
11. Where does Patty's grandmother live?
(d) New Orleans.
12. How does Patty's father treat her on a consistent basis?
(a) With calculated manipulation.
(b) With a cold, violent temper.
(c) With quiet disdain.
(d) With firm kindness.
13. What area does Patty clean and fix up for herself?
(a) A room at her grandmother's house.
(b) Her hideout.
(c) A corner on Edna Louise's back porch.
(d) A corner closet in the stockroom.
14. Who does Patty see near her hideout in Chapter 7?
(b) Mr. Bergen.
(c) Edna Louise.
15. Why do the Bergens go to Memphis in Chapter 2?
(a) To hear a concert.
(b) To visit Mr. Bergen's parents.
(c) To look for work.
(d) To visit Mrs. Bergen's parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Patty get to her grandmother's house?
2. What lie does Patty tell her father?
3. Which character questions the prison's warden in Chapter 9?
4. In Chapter 2, how does Patty wake her mother?
5. In Chapter 6, where does Patty spend her Saturday?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)