1. Where is "Summer of My German Soldier" set?
2. When is "Summer of My German Soldier" set?
(a) During World War II.
(b) After World War I.
(c) During World War I.
(d) After World War II.
3. In Chapter 1, what facility has opened up in town?
(a) A new train station.
(b) A new Naval base.
(c) A camp for German prisoners of war.
(d) A new Army base.
4. Who do the Germans remind Patty of?
(a) A box of old tin soldiers.
(b) A crew from the Public Works Department.
(c) The local high school football team.
(d) Soldiers on parade.
5. How does one prisoner respond when taunted?
(a) He spits.
(b) He smiles and waves.
(c) He swears.
(d) He kicks up dust.
6. Who is Ruth?
(a) Patty's schoolmate.
(b) Patty's sister.
(c) Patty's hispanic nanny.
(d) Patty's black nanny.
7. What advice does Ruth give Patty?
(a) Be sweet and well-behaved.
(b) Stand up and stand strong.
(c) Stay away from the new base.
(d) Do not talk to the prisoners.
This section contains 4,220 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)