|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which faith did Ogodei fail to build a house for?
2. What year did China fall from Mongol rule?
3. Out of approximately 500 plays from the Yuan dynasty, how many survive today?
4. What was life in Xanadu, during 1332?
5. How did Ogodei combat the bulkiness of bullion and coinage?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the Mongols face from 1250 - 1270?
2. What three inventions did Francis Bacon recognize as the foundation of modern world? Why is this important?
3. By the end of chapter seven, the Mongol empire was divided into four segments. What were they and who was in charge?
4. Who was Bayan?
5. Why did the clerics suppose the Mongols were going to ride on Cologne? What happened in 1164 that made them think that way?
6. What happened on February 14, 1349?
7. What happened to Professor Lkhagvasuren's teacher?
8. What happened to Arik Boke that caused the end of his life?
9. What effect did the Mongols have on the literary arts in China?
10. What happened to the Mongol forces after they severely harmed the samurai warriors?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who was Ong Khan? What was his relationship with Genghis Khan? Describe how the two men came to know each other, and the relationship that formed. Highlight all the important historical events between the two men, and what happened at the end of Ong Khan's life.
Essay Topic 2
What was happening in the Mongol Empire just before Genghis Khan died? How did Genghis Khan die? How did Genghis Khan try to handle his succession? What actually happened after Genghis Khan passed?
Essay Topic 3
How did Genghis Khan build his army? What methods and tactics did he use that distinguished him from other khans? How did he learn those things? How did Genghis Khan organize his army? What benefits did he glean from his organizational structure? How did he command so many people? How did they communicate? How did Genghis Khan win the loyalty of so many people? Describe Genghis Khan's army in any and all of these terms, and more as you see fit.
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)