|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Mongol women do while the men were on the battlefield?
2. What became of Khanbalik, also known as Dadu?
3. What year did Persia fall from the Mongol rule?
4. How long did Guyuk serve as the Great Khan?
5. By what year did the Mongol method of currency become worthless in China?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the Golden Family back Arik Boke instead of Khubilai?
2. Why and how did the Mongols promote education in China?
3. Where did the research team of Jack Weatherford finish their search? What is symbolic about it?
4. What happened on February 14, 1349?
5. After the Mongols destroyed the Hungarian army, they were able to probe Vienna. Though scared, some Hapsburg troops captured a Mongol officer. What was strange about him?
6. What happened to the slaves sold to the Italians by the Mongols? Where did they come from and what would they do in a short twenty years?
7. How did the Mongols adapt the Chinese printing practices?
8. What was the first book written in English, and what did it say about Genghis Khan?
9. For most of the twentieth century, who maintained Mongolia?
10. Why did the Mongols face from 1250 - 1270?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways do you see the impact of the Mongols, the Mongol Empire, Genghis Khan and Khubilai Khan in the world today? How can you identify those aspects? How can we attribute these bits of the modern world to the Mongols? Be sure to use specific examples of what comes from the Mongols, and why.
Essay Topic 2
How did Genghis Khan build his army? What methods and tactics did he use that distinguished him from other khans? How did he learn those things? How did Genghis Khan organize his army? What benefits did he glean from his organizational structure? How did he command so many people? How did they communicate? How did Genghis Khan win the loyalty of so many people? Describe Genghis Khan's army in any and all of these terms, and more as you see fit.
Essay Topic 3
What effects did the Mongol empire have on Europe? What did the Mongol empire provide to Europe that nobody had done before? What resulted in Europe because of the Mongol presence? What impressions of the Mongol empire can be seen in Europe today?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)