|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name did the family of Genghis Khan take around the summer of 1229?
2. How did Marco Polo describe the money in circulation under Khubilai?
3. Who ruled the Moghuls from 1556 until 1608, the zenith of that empire?
4. How many letters were in the alphabetic system that could write all the languages in the world?
5. What did the Mongols believe Friar Carpini brought to them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the role of the Mongol empire in China? What did Genghis Khan and Khubilai Khan do for China that nobody had done before? What results did this produce for China? What effects were good, which were bad, and why? What lasting impressions of the Mongol empire are seen today? What aspects of the Mongol invasion were wiped from Chinese memory, and why? What is the general feeling towards Genghis Khan in China today?
Essay Topic 2
What effects did the Mongol empire have on Europe? What did the Mongol empire provide to Europe that nobody had done before? What resulted in Europe because of the Mongol presence? What impressions of the Mongol empire can be seen in Europe today?
Essay Topic 3
What was happening in the Mongol Empire just before Genghis Khan died? How did Genghis Khan die? How did Genghis Khan try to handle his succession? What actually happened after Genghis Khan passed?
This section contains 1,135 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)