|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Columbus looking for when he sailed in 1492?
2. What happened when Mongol prisoners were freed after their prison sentence, under Khubilai?
3. Who did Khubilai assign the task of creating a single alphabet that could be used to write all the languages in the world?
4. What land did Subodei wish to invade, when he was about sixty?
5. In 1263, Khubilai began the construction of what important building?
Essay Topic 1
Who was Khubilai Khan? What did he contribute to the making of history? What did he do for the Mongol empire that Genghis Khan did not, or could not? What important advances were made during his reign as Khan?
Essay Topic 2
Who were Genghis Khan's four sons? What were there personalities? What role did each play in the making of history? Be specific and use details from the book to paint your family portrait.
Essay Topic 3
Who was Jamuka? Why is Jamuka so important to Genghis Khan? Trace the major events and occurrences between the two men, and be sure to cite in what ways they developed as adults. What happened to Jamuka?
This section contains 1,150 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)