|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Sorkhokhtani?
2. What became of Khanbalik, also known as Dadu?
3. Western scholars have designated the fourteenth century as what?
4. What was Karakorum?
5. Throughout the Renaissance the Mongols were generally treated with adulation. However, what time period opened up a distinct anti-Asian sentiment?
Short Essay Questions
1. For most of the twentieth century, who maintained Mongolia?
2. What happened on February 14, 1349?
3. What happened to the Mongol forces after they severely harmed the samurai warriors?
4. Why did the Mongols face from 1250 - 1270?
5. How did the people of the city-states of Russia interpret the victory of the Mongols?
6. What happened to the slaves sold to the Italians by the Mongols? Where did they come from and what would they do in a short twenty years?
7. How did the Mongols adapt the Chinese printing practices?
8. What happened to Arik Boke that caused the end of his life?
9. How did Mongke Khan die?
10. What geographically hindered the Mongols from full victory in Europe?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who was Khubilai Khan? What did he contribute to the making of history? What did he do for the Mongol empire that Genghis Khan did not, or could not? What important advances were made during his reign as Khan?
Essay Topic 2
What was the Silk Road? Who controlled the Silk Road before Genghis Khan, and what was its condition? How did Genghis Khan finally control the Silk Road? What did he do to it? Why is the Silk Road so important?
Essay Topic 3
What was the role of the Mongol empire in China? What did Genghis Khan and Khubilai Khan do for China that nobody had done before? What results did this produce for China? What effects were good, which were bad, and why? What lasting impressions of the Mongol empire are seen today? What aspects of the Mongol invasion were wiped from Chinese memory, and why? What is the general feeling towards Genghis Khan in China today?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)