|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year was Ogodei installed?
2. Which faith did Ogodei fail to build a house for?
3. What type of fiber did Khubilai wish to promote by the creation of an aptly named Bureau in 1289?
4. What did the Mongol women do while the men were on the battlefield?
5. Which pope issued a papal bull in 1348, ordering the prosecution of the Jews to halt?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the Golden Family back Arik Boke instead of Khubilai?
2. What happened to Professor Lkhagvasuren's teacher?
3. What three inventions did Francis Bacon recognize as the foundation of modern world? Why is this important?
4. How did the Mongols adapt the Chinese printing practices?
5. After the Mongols destroyed the Hungarian army, they were able to probe Vienna. Though scared, some Hapsburg troops captured a Mongol officer. What was strange about him?
6. Why and how did the Mongols promote education in China?
7. What happened to Arik Boke that caused the end of his life?
8. How did the Mongols keep numerical track of everything they obtained?
9. What was in the tea Khubilai drank the morning after a long night of celebration, and what did it do?
10. How did Mongke Khan die?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the spirituality of Genghis Khan. What religion did he practice? What customs or traditions distinguishes that religion? Which are important to Genghis Khan, and why? How was religion incorporated into the warrior life? How was it possible for Genghis Khan and the Mongols to exercise religious tolerance?
Essay Topic 2
What was the role of the Mongol empire in China? What did Genghis Khan and Khubilai Khan do for China that nobody had done before? What results did this produce for China? What effects were good, which were bad, and why? What lasting impressions of the Mongol empire are seen today? What aspects of the Mongol invasion were wiped from Chinese memory, and why? What is the general feeling towards Genghis Khan in China today?
Essay Topic 3
Who was Khubilai Khan? What did he contribute to the making of history? What did he do for the Mongol empire that Genghis Khan did not, or could not? What important advances were made during his reign as Khan?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)