|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Mongol forces, with the help of Bayan, overtake the Sung capital of Hangzhou?
2. Which pope issued a papal bull in 1348, ordering the prosecution of the Jews to halt?
3. When did Sokhokhtani die?
4. What river's origin did Khubilai launch an expedition to discover in 1281?
5. Whom did the Toregene want to push forward as the next Great Khan?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was superior about the Chinese paper over the parchment made by Europeans?
2. What effect did the Mongols have on the literary arts in China?
3. How did the Soviets adapt Genghis Khan's battle tactics in World War II?
4. What happened to Professor Lkhagvasuren's teacher?
5. What happened to Arik Boke that caused the end of his life?
6. Why and how did the Mongols promote education in China?
7. How did the Mongols keep numerical track of everything they obtained?
8. What a blitzkrieg?
9. What was in the tea Khubilai drank the morning after a long night of celebration, and what did it do?
10. How did the Mongols adapt the Chinese printing practices?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways do you see the impact of the Mongols, the Mongol Empire, Genghis Khan and Khubilai Khan in the world today? How can you identify those aspects? How can we attribute these bits of the modern world to the Mongols? Be sure to use specific examples of what comes from the Mongols, and why.
Essay Topic 2
What effects did the Mongol empire have on Europe? What did the Mongol empire provide to Europe that nobody had done before? What resulted in Europe because of the Mongol presence? What impressions of the Mongol empire can be seen in Europe today?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the spirituality of Genghis Khan. What religion did he practice? What customs or traditions distinguishes that religion? Which are important to Genghis Khan, and why? How was religion incorporated into the warrior life? How was it possible for Genghis Khan and the Mongols to exercise religious tolerance?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)