|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year did Persia fall from the Mongol rule?
2. What was the most cost-effective way for Khubilai to transport goods during his rule?
3. What was life in Xanadu, during 1332?
4. Who helped form the Mongol alliance with the Sung?
5. How many members of the Golden Family occupied the throne between the years of 1328 and 1332?
Short Essay Questions
1. For most of the twentieth century, who maintained Mongolia?
2. What was in the tea Khubilai drank the morning after a long night of celebration, and what did it do?
3. What happened to Professor Lkhagvasuren's teacher?
4. Why did the Mongols face from 1250 - 1270?
5. Why and how did the Mongols promote education in China?
6. What geographically hindered the Mongols from full victory in Europe?
7. What was superior about the Chinese paper over the parchment made by Europeans?
8. Who was Bayan?
9. What happened to the Mongol forces after they severely harmed the samurai warriors?
10. After the Mongols destroyed the Hungarian army, they were able to probe Vienna. Though scared, some Hapsburg troops captured a Mongol officer. What was strange about him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the role of women in the Mongol empire? How did it change from the early days to later, as the empire expanded? How were women treated? In your response, please cite notable women in the Mongol empire, highlighting their contributions to the advancement of the Mongols. Finally, discuss what happened to some of the more notable women of the Mongol empire. Were any honored, and why? Who was punished, why were they persecuted, and how were they tortured?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the spirituality of Genghis Khan. What religion did he practice? What customs or traditions distinguishes that religion? Which are important to Genghis Khan, and why? How was religion incorporated into the warrior life? How was it possible for Genghis Khan and the Mongols to exercise religious tolerance?
Essay Topic 3
What was Genghis Khan like as a child? Trace his major accomplishments as a young man, and how he developed into a leader. Who was Genghis Khan when he died?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)