|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened if a Mongol, under Khubilai, declared bankruptcy more than two times?
2. What is khubi?
3. What percentage of the people living in the Hopei Province died in 1331?
4. In 1272, Khubilai began the construction of what important building?
5. When did the Mongol forces, with the help of Bayan, overtake the Sung capital of Hangzhou?
Short Essay Questions
1. For most of the twentieth century, who maintained Mongolia?
2. What was in the tea Khubilai drank the morning after a long night of celebration, and what did it do?
3. Why and how did the Mongols promote education in China?
4. How did the Mongols keep numerical track of everything they obtained?
5. How did Matthew Paris link the Mongols to the Jewish people?
6. How did the Mongols adapt the Chinese printing practices?
7. Where did the research team of Jack Weatherford finish their search? What is symbolic about it?
8. What happened to Arik Boke that caused the end of his life?
9. What a blitzkrieg?
10. What was superior about the Chinese paper over the parchment made by Europeans?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who were Genghis Khan's four sons? What were there personalities? What role did each play in the making of history? Be specific and use details from the book to paint your family portrait.
Essay Topic 2
Who was Khubilai Khan? What did he contribute to the making of history? What did he do for the Mongol empire that Genghis Khan did not, or could not? What important advances were made during his reign as Khan?
Essay Topic 3
What was Genghis Khan like as a child? Trace his major accomplishments as a young man, and how he developed into a leader. Who was Genghis Khan when he died?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)