|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way did the Mongols change the rank of a merchant?
2. Which faith did Ogodei fail to build a house for?
3. In 1263, Khubilai began the construction of what important building?
4. What happened when Mongol prisoners were freed after their prison sentence, under Khubilai?
5. To whom did Ogodei convey most of his administrative power?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Arik Boke that caused the end of his life?
2. How did Mongke Khan die?
3. What geographically hindered the Mongols from full victory in Europe?
4. What was special about the mare's milk for Khubilai and his court?
5. What effect did the Mongols have on the literary arts in China?
6. How did the Mongols keep numerical track of everything they obtained?
7. How did the people of the city-states of Russia interpret the victory of the Mongols?
8. How did Matthew Paris link the Mongols to the Jewish people?
9. Who was Nicolaus of Cusa?
10. Why did the Golden Family back Arik Boke instead of Khubilai?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who was Ong Khan? What was his relationship with Genghis Khan? Describe how the two men came to know each other, and the relationship that formed. Highlight all the important historical events between the two men, and what happened at the end of Ong Khan's life.
Essay Topic 2
In what ways do you see the impact of the Mongols, the Mongol Empire, Genghis Khan and Khubilai Khan in the world today? How can you identify those aspects? How can we attribute these bits of the modern world to the Mongols? Be sure to use specific examples of what comes from the Mongols, and why.
Essay Topic 3
What was the role of the Mongol empire in China? What did Genghis Khan and Khubilai Khan do for China that nobody had done before? What results did this produce for China? What effects were good, which were bad, and why? What lasting impressions of the Mongol empire are seen today? What aspects of the Mongol invasion were wiped from Chinese memory, and why? What is the general feeling towards Genghis Khan in China today?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)