|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What became of Khanbalik, also known as Dadu?
2. What name did the family of Genghis Khan take around the summer of 1229?
3. How did Guyuk die?
4. Who was the highest-ranking European delegate at Toregene's gathering in 1246?
5. What did the Mongol women do while the men were on the battlefield?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did the research team of Jack Weatherford finish their search? What is symbolic about it?
2. Why did the clerics suppose the Mongols were going to ride on Cologne? What happened in 1164 that made them think that way?
3. After the Mongols destroyed the Hungarian army, they were able to probe Vienna. Though scared, some Hapsburg troops captured a Mongol officer. What was strange about him?
4. What was in the tea Khubilai drank the morning after a long night of celebration, and what did it do?
5. How did Matthew Paris link the Mongols to the Jewish people?
6. What a blitzkrieg?
7. By the end of chapter seven, the Mongol empire was divided into four segments. What were they and who was in charge?
8. Who was Bayan?
9. What geographically hindered the Mongols from full victory in Europe?
10. How did the Mongols adapt the Chinese printing practices?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What effects did the Mongol empire have on Europe? What did the Mongol empire provide to Europe that nobody had done before? What resulted in Europe because of the Mongol presence? What impressions of the Mongol empire can be seen in Europe today?
Essay Topic 2
What was happening in the Mongol Empire just before Genghis Khan died? How did Genghis Khan die? How did Genghis Khan try to handle his succession? What actually happened after Genghis Khan passed?
Essay Topic 3
As great of a man as Genghis Khan was, his image and reputation preceded him to many fronts, and his reputation continues to haunt him even after his passing. Many cultures have false impressions of Genghis Khan. Why? What about these stereotypes are false? What harmful words or ideas have sprung from the misinterpretation of the Mongol spirit?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)