|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Ottomans conquer Constantinople?
2. Whom did the Toregene want to push forward as the next Great Khan?
3. How many schools are recorded as being created during the reign of Khubilai Khan?
4. Which pope issued a papal bull in 1348, ordering the prosecution of the Jews to halt?
5. How many criminals were executed during the three decades of Khubilai's rule?
Essay Topic 1
What effects did the Mongol empire have on Europe? What did the Mongol empire provide to Europe that nobody had done before? What resulted in Europe because of the Mongol presence? What impressions of the Mongol empire can be seen in Europe today?
Essay Topic 2
As great of a man as Genghis Khan was, his image and reputation preceded him to many fronts, and his reputation continues to haunt him even after his passing. Many cultures have false impressions of Genghis Khan. Why? What about these stereotypes are false? What harmful words or ideas have sprung from the misinterpretation of the Mongol spirit?
Essay Topic 3
What was the role of the Mongol empire in China? What did Genghis Khan and Khubilai Khan do for China that nobody had done before? What results did this produce for China? What effects were good, which were bad, and why? What lasting impressions of the Mongol empire are seen today? What aspects of the Mongol invasion were wiped from Chinese memory, and why? What is the general feeling towards Genghis Khan in China today?
This section contains 1,110 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)