|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which profession had to pay taxes under Genghis Khan?
2. How were orders transmitted through the ranks?
3. What did Genghis Khan do when he was asked to submit to the Jurched and the new Golden Khan?
4. What was Temujin's first reaction when first reunited with Borte, as she grabbed his reigns?
5. After his third vow of brotherhood with Jamuka, what did Temujin do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the people of Kashgar feel about the Mongols?
2. How did Ong Khan respond to Temujin's first khuriltai?
3. What made Temujin turn to Mount Burkhan Khaldun in prayer?
4. What conditions did the research team endure during their research of Genghis Khan?
5. What was troublesome about Borte's first pregnancy?
6. What did Jamuka offer Temujin in death?
7. What was Genghis Khan's stance on adultery?
8. Differentiate between Genghis Khan's white banner and black banner. What did each represent, and what happened to each?
9. What is "The Secret History of the Mongols," and where was it finally found?
10. How did Genghis Khan's men prepare for the great hunting celebration during the winter of 1222 - 1223? How did they gather the animals together?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
As great of a man as Genghis Khan was, his image and reputation preceded him to many fronts, and his reputation continues to haunt him even after his passing. Many cultures have false impressions of Genghis Khan. Why? What about these stereotypes are false? What harmful words or ideas have sprung from the misinterpretation of the Mongol spirit?
Essay Topic 2
Who was Ong Khan? What was his relationship with Genghis Khan? Describe how the two men came to know each other, and the relationship that formed. Highlight all the important historical events between the two men, and what happened at the end of Ong Khan's life.
Essay Topic 3
What was the nation-state that Genghis Khan created? What was the "Great Law?" What made up the "Great Law?" How did Genghis Khan organize his societies? What important social, cultural, and economic advances did Genghis Khan make in his empire?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)