Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Khuriltai, Genghis Khan called to discuss his succession. Who was the first son invited to speak after Genghis Khan?
2. What kind of education did Genghis Khan receive?
3. Which of the following was not a torture technique used by the famous Holy Roman Emperor Frederick Barbarossa?
4. What were Mongol soldiers forbidden to speak about?
5. Where did Temujin hide when he was raided by the Merkids?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Nicolaus of Cusa?
2. Where did the research team of Jack Weatherford finish their search? What is symbolic about it?
3. What revenge tactic did Jmauka employ that severely harmed his image after one of Tejumin's followers murdered one of Jamuka's kinsmen?
4. In a letter from Genghis Khan to a Taoist monk in China, what was Genghis Khan's opinion of himself near the end of his life show?
5. How did Ong Khan respond to Temujin's first khuriltai?
6. After the Mongols destroyed the Hungarian army, they were able to probe Vienna. Though scared, some Hapsburg troops captured a Mongol officer. What was strange about him?
7. Why did the Mongols face from 1250 - 1270?
8. What was Genghis Khan's stance on adultery?
9. What was special about the mare's milk for Khubilai and his court?
10. What is group responsibility and group guilt?
Essay Topic 1
What was the role of women in the Mongol empire? How did it change from the early days to later, as the empire expanded? How were women treated? In your response, please cite notable women in the Mongol empire, highlighting their contributions to the advancement of the Mongols. Finally, discuss what happened to some of the more notable women of the Mongol empire. Were any honored, and why? Who was punished, why were they persecuted, and how were they tortured?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways do you see the impact of the Mongols, the Mongol Empire, Genghis Khan and Khubilai Khan in the world today? How can you identify those aspects? How can we attribute these bits of the modern world to the Mongols? Be sure to use specific examples of what comes from the Mongols, and why.
Essay Topic 3
What was the role of the Mongol empire in China? What did Genghis Khan and Khubilai Khan do for China that nobody had done before? What results did this produce for China? What effects were good, which were bad, and why? What lasting impressions of the Mongol empire are seen today? What aspects of the Mongol invasion were wiped from Chinese memory, and why? What is the general feeling towards Genghis Khan in China today?
This section contains 1,710 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)