|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gave the Jurched power over the steppe?
2. How many men did the Khwarizm have under arms when Genghis Khan showed up?
3. Which profession had to pay taxes under Genghis Khan?
4. Who influenced Ong Khan's decision in 1203 to deny Temujin?
5. When there was no time to cook, how did Mongol soldiers prepare their meat?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Genghis Khan's men prepare for the great hunting celebration during the winter of 1222 - 1223? How did they gather the animals together?
2. Who dressed Genghis Khan after he passed, and how was his funeral handled?
3. What was troublesome about Borte's first pregnancy?
4. What was the Great Law of Genghis Khan?
5. What was the result of Temujin's raid with Ong Khan against the Tartars?
6. What conditions did the research team endure during their research of Genghis Khan?
7. What was Genghis Khan's stance on adultery?
8. Describe the Ikh Khorig.
9. How did the governor of Khwarizm receive Genghis Khan's caravan? How did the sultan of Khwarizm respond?
10. What is "The Secret History of the Mongols," and where was it finally found?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was Genghis Khan like as a child? Trace his major accomplishments as a young man, and how he developed into a leader. Who was Genghis Khan when he died?
Essay Topic 2
Who was Jamuka? Why is Jamuka so important to Genghis Khan? Trace the major events and occurrences between the two men, and be sure to cite in what ways they developed as adults. What happened to Jamuka?
Essay Topic 3
What was happening in the Mongol Empire just before Genghis Khan died? How did Genghis Khan die? How did Genghis Khan try to handle his succession? What actually happened after Genghis Khan passed?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)