|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who drove the Mongols out of power in India?
2. Resulting from this third vow of brotherhood with Jamuka, what did Temujin need to learn how to do?
3. What was different about Borte, once she was rescued?
4. Under the kinship hierarchy, what is each linage known by?
5. When a warrior dies, where does his soul go?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Ikh Khorig.
2. Who dressed Genghis Khan after he passed, and how was his funeral handled?
3. Genghis Khan opened his succession khuriltai by citing a fable. Summarize the fable Genghis Khan told.
4. Differentiate between Genghis Khan's white banner and black banner. What did each represent, and what happened to each?
5. What was the result of Temujin's raid with Ong Khan against the Tartars?
6. In a letter from Genghis Khan to a Taoist monk in China, what was Genghis Khan's opinion of himself near the end of his life show?
7. What revenge tactic did Jmauka employ that severely harmed his image after one of Tejumin's followers murdered one of Jamuka's kinsmen?
8. What was in the caravan Genghis Khan sent to the sultan of Khwarizm?
9. Who was Guchlug?
10. How did Jack Weatherford begin his research?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the bubonic plague? What effect did it have on the Mongol empire? Explore this in depth, using support from the book to detail the many ways in which the bubonic plague effected the Mongol empire.
Essay Topic 2
What was the Silk Road? Who controlled the Silk Road before Genghis Khan, and what was its condition? How did Genghis Khan finally control the Silk Road? What did he do to it? Why is the Silk Road so important?
Essay Topic 3
What was the role of women in the Mongol empire? How did it change from the early days to later, as the empire expanded? How were women treated? In your response, please cite notable women in the Mongol empire, highlighting their contributions to the advancement of the Mongols. Finally, discuss what happened to some of the more notable women of the Mongol empire. Were any honored, and why? Who was punished, why were they persecuted, and how were they tortured?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)