|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is naadam?
2. Who drove the Mongols out of power in India?
3. What kind of education did Genghis Khan receive?
4. Resulting from this third vow of brotherhood with Jamuka, what did Temujin need to learn how to do?
5. When there was no time to cook, how did Mongol soldiers prepare their meat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was special about the mare's milk for Khubilai and his court?
2. How did the people of the city-states of Russia interpret the victory of the Mongols?
3. What made Temujin turn to Mount Burkhan Khaldun in prayer?
4. Why did the clerics suppose the Mongols were going to ride on Cologne? What happened in 1164 that made them think that way?
5. What happened to Professor Lkhagvasuren's teacher?
6. What is group responsibility and group guilt?
7. What happened to the Mongol forces after they severely harmed the samurai warriors?
8. Where did the research team of Jack Weatherford finish their search? What is symbolic about it?
9. How did the people of Kashgar feel about the Mongols?
10. After the Mongols destroyed the Hungarian army, they were able to probe Vienna. Though scared, some Hapsburg troops captured a Mongol officer. What was strange about him?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the spirituality of Genghis Khan. What religion did he practice? What customs or traditions distinguishes that religion? Which are important to Genghis Khan, and why? How was religion incorporated into the warrior life? How was it possible for Genghis Khan and the Mongols to exercise religious tolerance?
Essay Topic 2
What was the nation-state that Genghis Khan created? What was the "Great Law?" What made up the "Great Law?" How did Genghis Khan organize his societies? What important social, cultural, and economic advances did Genghis Khan make in his empire?
Essay Topic 3
How did Genghis Khan build his army? What methods and tactics did he use that distinguished him from other khans? How did he learn those things? How did Genghis Khan organize his army? What benefits did he glean from his organizational structure? How did he command so many people? How did they communicate? How did Genghis Khan win the loyalty of so many people? Describe Genghis Khan's army in any and all of these terms, and more as you see fit.
This section contains 1,753 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)