|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote "Kamil fi at-tarikh," also known as "The Complete History" or "The Perfect History?"
2. Who, of historical import, was killed in the Nishapur revolt?
3. What was Temujin's first reaction when first reunited with Borte, as she grabbed his reigns?
4. What religion did the Mongols practice?
5. What gave the Jurched power over the steppe?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the result of Temujin's raid with Ong Khan against the Tartars?
2. What is group responsibility and group guilt?
3. Who was Guchlug?
4. How did the people of Kashgar feel about the Mongols?
5. What was in the caravan Genghis Khan sent to the sultan of Khwarizm?
6. Who was Botohui-tarhun?
7. What was Genghis Khan's stance on adultery?
8. Who dressed Genghis Khan after he passed, and how was his funeral handled?
9. What are the Five Snouts?
10. How did Jack Weatherford begin his research?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who was Jamuka? Why is Jamuka so important to Genghis Khan? Trace the major events and occurrences between the two men, and be sure to cite in what ways they developed as adults. What happened to Jamuka?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the culture in which Genghis Khan was born. What was the steppe? What was steppe life like? What was it like to be a hunter, versus a herder? What were some of the major dangers of steppe life?
Essay Topic 3
What was happening in the Mongol Empire just before Genghis Khan died? How did Genghis Khan die? How did Genghis Khan try to handle his succession? What actually happened after Genghis Khan passed?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)