|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How were orders transmitted through the ranks?
2. Under the kinship hierarchy, what is each linage known by?
3. When Genghis Khan finally descended upon Khwarizm, how many Mongols did he have in his command?
4. At its height, how expansive was the Mongol Empire?
5. Which of the following was not a torture technique used by the famous Holy Roman Emperor Frederick Barbarossa?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who dressed Genghis Khan after he passed, and how was his funeral handled?
2. What conditions did the research team endure during their research of Genghis Khan?
3. What was the result of Temujin's raid with Ong Khan against the Tartars?
4. What is group responsibility and group guilt?
5. What are the Five Snouts?
6. What revenge tactic did Jmauka employ that severely harmed his image after one of Tejumin's followers murdered one of Jamuka's kinsmen?
7. How did the governor of Khwarizm receive Genghis Khan's caravan? How did the sultan of Khwarizm respond?
8. Describe the steppe.
9. How did Jack Weatherford begin his research?
10. What happened as soon as the Mongols withdrew from the newly conquered Jurched territory?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the culture in which Genghis Khan was born. What was the steppe? What was steppe life like? What was it like to be a hunter, versus a herder? What were some of the major dangers of steppe life?
Essay Topic 2
How did the Mongol empire effect agriculture in their world? Do those advances or changes have any lasting effect in the modern world? What did the Mongols do to agriculture to change it? What other benefits resulted from those changes? What agriculturally-related laws and rules did the Mongols contribute?
Essay Topic 3
What was the nation-state that Genghis Khan created? What was the "Great Law?" What made up the "Great Law?" How did Genghis Khan organize his societies? What important social, cultural, and economic advances did Genghis Khan make in his empire?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)