|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion did the Mongols practice?
2. What was Ong Khan doing as Temujin attacked him?
3. In capturing a new city, such as those in the Khwarizm empire, whom of the following did Genghis Khan execute?
4. Which of the following was not a torture technique used by the famous Holy Roman Emperor Frederick Barbarossa?
5. What was different about Borte, once she was rescued?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Jack Weatherford begin his research?
2. Describe the steppe.
3. How did Ong Khan respond to Temujin's first khuriltai?
4. How did the people of Kashgar feel about the Mongols?
5. How did Genghis Khan's men prepare for the great hunting celebration during the winter of 1222 - 1223? How did they gather the animals together?
6. What was troublesome about Borte's first pregnancy?
7. What are the Five Snouts?
8. What happened in the winter of 1226 - 1227 when Genghis Khan stopped on his way across the Gobi to hunt wild horses?
9. Describe the Ikh Khorig.
10. Who dressed Genghis Khan after he passed, and how was his funeral handled?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Genghis Khan build his army? What methods and tactics did he use that distinguished him from other khans? How did he learn those things? How did Genghis Khan organize his army? What benefits did he glean from his organizational structure? How did he command so many people? How did they communicate? How did Genghis Khan win the loyalty of so many people? Describe Genghis Khan's army in any and all of these terms, and more as you see fit.
Essay Topic 2
How did the Mongol empire effect agriculture in their world? Do those advances or changes have any lasting effect in the modern world? What did the Mongols do to agriculture to change it? What other benefits resulted from those changes? What agriculturally-related laws and rules did the Mongols contribute?
Essay Topic 3
Who was Ong Khan? What was his relationship with Genghis Khan? Describe how the two men came to know each other, and the relationship that formed. Highlight all the important historical events between the two men, and what happened at the end of Ong Khan's life.
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)