|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Mutugen?
2. How did Plano di Carpini explain Genghis Khan's death?
3. What does it mean for a Mongol to remove his sash or belt?
4. Where in the formation did Genghis Khan ride?
5. What happened the first time Genghis Khan diverted the Yellow River to flood the Tangut?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the steppe.
2. What made Temujin turn to Mount Burkhan Khaldun in prayer?
3. What is "The Secret History of the Mongols," and where was it finally found?
4. What was the Baljuna Covenant?
5. What was the most distinctive thing about Genghis Khan's Great Law, particularly in contrast with western European monarchs?
6. Who was Guchlug?
7. How did the governor of Khwarizm receive Genghis Khan's caravan? How did the sultan of Khwarizm respond?
8. What conditions did the research team endure during their research of Genghis Khan?
9. Who was Botohui-tarhun?
10. What happened as soon as the Mongols withdrew from the newly conquered Jurched territory?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who was Jamuka? Why is Jamuka so important to Genghis Khan? Trace the major events and occurrences between the two men, and be sure to cite in what ways they developed as adults. What happened to Jamuka?
Essay Topic 2
What was Genghis Khan like as a child? Trace his major accomplishments as a young man, and how he developed into a leader. Who was Genghis Khan when he died?
Essay Topic 3
Who was Khubilai Khan? What did he contribute to the making of history? What did he do for the Mongol empire that Genghis Khan did not, or could not? What important advances were made during his reign as Khan?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)