|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a khuriltai?
2. When was Borte's first son born?
3. Why did Temujin decide to break with Jamuka's clan in 1181?
4. Which of the following was not a torture technique used by the famous Holy Roman Emperor Frederick Barbarossa?
5. Previous to 1937, where was Genghis Khan's soul?
Short Essay Questions
1. What effect did the Mongols have on the literary arts in China?
2. By the end of chapter seven, the Mongol empire was divided into four segments. What were they and who was in charge?
3. How did Matthew Paris link the Mongols to the Jewish people?
4. How did the people of the city-states of Russia interpret the victory of the Mongols?
5. What happened to the slaves sold to the Italians by the Mongols? Where did they come from and what would they do in a short twenty years?
6. How did the people of Kashgar feel about the Mongols?
7. What made Temujin turn to Mount Burkhan Khaldun in prayer?
8. What happened to Professor Lkhagvasuren's teacher?
9. How did Ong Khan respond to Temujin's first khuriltai?
10. After the Mongols destroyed the Hungarian army, they were able to probe Vienna. Though scared, some Hapsburg troops captured a Mongol officer. What was strange about him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the spirituality of Genghis Khan. What religion did he practice? What customs or traditions distinguishes that religion? Which are important to Genghis Khan, and why? How was religion incorporated into the warrior life? How was it possible for Genghis Khan and the Mongols to exercise religious tolerance?
Essay Topic 2
What was the role of the Mongol empire in China? What did Genghis Khan and Khubilai Khan do for China that nobody had done before? What results did this produce for China? What effects were good, which were bad, and why? What lasting impressions of the Mongol empire are seen today? What aspects of the Mongol invasion were wiped from Chinese memory, and why? What is the general feeling towards Genghis Khan in China today?
Essay Topic 3
What was the Silk Road? Who controlled the Silk Road before Genghis Khan, and what was its condition? How did Genghis Khan finally control the Silk Road? What did he do to it? Why is the Silk Road so important?
This section contains 1,754 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)