|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As a child, what was Genghis Khan afraid of?
2. What was Ong Khan doing as Temujin attacked him?
3. What is a khuriltai?
4. Under the kinship hierarchy, what is each linage known by?
5. Previous to 1937, where was Genghis Khan's soul?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Jack Weatherford begin his research?
2. How did the people of Kashgar feel about the Mongols?
3. Genghis Khan opened his succession khuriltai by citing a fable. Summarize the fable Genghis Khan told.
4. Differentiate between Genghis Khan's white banner and black banner. What did each represent, and what happened to each?
5. How did the governor of Khwarizm receive Genghis Khan's caravan? How did the sultan of Khwarizm respond?
6. Who was Guchlug?
7. What is "The Secret History of the Mongols," and where was it finally found?
8. What was in the caravan Genghis Khan sent to the sultan of Khwarizm?
9. What was the most distinctive thing about Genghis Khan's Great Law, particularly in contrast with western European monarchs?
10. Describe the Ikh Khorig.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who was Jamuka? Why is Jamuka so important to Genghis Khan? Trace the major events and occurrences between the two men, and be sure to cite in what ways they developed as adults. What happened to Jamuka?
Essay Topic 2
Why were the Mongol people often linked with people of the Jewish faith? Who made this connection? Why? What happened, because of this misconception? Be sure to illustrate multiple historical instances in your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Describe some of the Mongolian battle tactics used in their campaigns and raids. Be sure do distinguish who was fighting, who was leading, and where the forces were engaged in battle. To what end were these battle tactics successful? To what end were they unsuccessful? How did Genghis Khan and subsequently other members of the family learn these battle tactics. Who, if any, attempted to use Mongolian tactics later in history? What were their successes and failures?
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)