|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Genghis Khan attempted to teach his sons, "If you can't swallow your _____, you can't lead."
2. How did Temjin take the throne after the important khuriltai?
3. What year did the Jurched claim a new Golden Khan and demand the submission of Genghis Khan?
4. How did Temujin and his nineteen men survive starvation on the muddy Lake Balujna?
5. What is another name for a Spirit Banner?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the Great Law of Genghis Khan?
2. Describe the Ikh Khorig.
3. What is group responsibility and group guilt?
4. What conditions did the research team endure during their research of Genghis Khan?
5. Who dressed Genghis Khan after he passed, and how was his funeral handled?
6. In a letter from Genghis Khan to a Taoist monk in China, what was Genghis Khan's opinion of himself near the end of his life show?
7. How did Genghis Khan's men prepare for the great hunting celebration during the winter of 1222 - 1223? How did they gather the animals together?
8. Who was Guchlug?
9. What was the Baljuna Covenant?
10. Genghis Khan opened his succession khuriltai by citing a fable. Summarize the fable Genghis Khan told.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did the Mongol empire effect agriculture in their world? Do those advances or changes have any lasting effect in the modern world? What did the Mongols do to agriculture to change it? What other benefits resulted from those changes? What agriculturally-related laws and rules did the Mongols contribute?
Essay Topic 2
What effects did the Mongol empire have on Europe? What did the Mongol empire provide to Europe that nobody had done before? What resulted in Europe because of the Mongol presence? What impressions of the Mongol empire can be seen in Europe today?
Essay Topic 3
Describe some of the Mongolian battle tactics used in their campaigns and raids. Be sure do distinguish who was fighting, who was leading, and where the forces were engaged in battle. To what end were these battle tactics successful? To what end were they unsuccessful? How did Genghis Khan and subsequently other members of the family learn these battle tactics. Who, if any, attempted to use Mongolian tactics later in history? What were their successes and failures?
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)