|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Borte die?
2. Resulting from this third vow of brotherhood with Jamuka, what did Temujin need to learn how to do?
3. What means "strong, firm, unshakable and fearless" in Mongol?
4. In the Khuriltai, Genghis Khan called to discuss his succession. Who was the first son invited to speak after Genghis Khan?
5. What year did Temujin call the khuriltai that was to be "the most important ever in steppe history?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What made Temujin turn to Mount Burkhan Khaldun in prayer?
2. What revenge tactic did Jmauka employ that severely harmed his image after one of Tejumin's followers murdered one of Jamuka's kinsmen?
3. How did Ong Khan respond to Temujin's first khuriltai?
4. Describe the Ikh Khorig.
5. Describe the steppe.
6. Genghis Khan opened his succession khuriltai by citing a fable. Summarize the fable Genghis Khan told.
7. How did Genghis Khan quickly depopulate an area, and for what strategic purpose?
8. How did Jack Weatherford begin his research?
9. What was the result of Temujin's raid with Ong Khan against the Tartars?
10. What was the most distinctive thing about Genghis Khan's Great Law, particularly in contrast with western European monarchs?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the role of the Mongol empire in China? What did Genghis Khan and Khubilai Khan do for China that nobody had done before? What results did this produce for China? What effects were good, which were bad, and why? What lasting impressions of the Mongol empire are seen today? What aspects of the Mongol invasion were wiped from Chinese memory, and why? What is the general feeling towards Genghis Khan in China today?
Essay Topic 2
How did the Mongol empire effect agriculture in their world? Do those advances or changes have any lasting effect in the modern world? What did the Mongols do to agriculture to change it? What other benefits resulted from those changes? What agriculturally-related laws and rules did the Mongols contribute?
Essay Topic 3
Who was Jamuka? Why is Jamuka so important to Genghis Khan? Trace the major events and occurrences between the two men, and be sure to cite in what ways they developed as adults. What happened to Jamuka?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)