Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Khuriltai, Genghis Khan called to discuss his succession. Who was the first son invited to speak after Genghis Khan?
2. What kind of education did Genghis Khan receive?
3. Which of the following was not a torture technique used by the famous Holy Roman Emperor Frederick Barbarossa?
4. What were Mongol soldiers forbidden to speak about?
5. Where did Temujin hide when he was raided by the Merkids?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Nicolaus of Cusa?
2. Where did the research team of Jack Weatherford finish their search? What is symbolic about it?
3. What revenge tactic did Jmauka employ that severely harmed his image after one of Tejumin's followers murdered one of Jamuka's kinsmen?
4. In a letter from Genghis Khan to a Taoist monk in China, what was Genghis Khan's opinion of himself near the end of his life show?
5. How did Ong Khan respond to Temujin's first khuriltai?
6. After the Mongols destroyed the Hungarian army, they were able to probe Vienna. Though scared, some Hapsburg troops captured a Mongol officer. What was strange about him?
7. Why did the Mongols face from 1250 - 1270?
8. What was Genghis Khan's stance on adultery?
9. What was special about the mare's milk for Khubilai and his court?
10. What is group responsibility and group guilt?
Essay Topic 1
What was the Silk Road? Who controlled the Silk Road before Genghis Khan, and what was its condition? How did Genghis Khan finally control the Silk Road? What did he do to it? Why is the Silk Road so important?
Essay Topic 2
Who was Khubilai Khan? What did he contribute to the making of history? What did he do for the Mongol empire that Genghis Khan did not, or could not? What important advances were made during his reign as Khan?
Essay Topic 3
Why were the Mongol people often linked with people of the Jewish faith? Who made this connection? Why? What happened, because of this misconception? Be sure to illustrate multiple historical instances in your answer.
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)