|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of chapter two, who first heard the sound of horse hooves of the Merkids hitting the ground?
2. On a modern map, how many countries did Genghis Khan conquer?
3. When there was no time to cook, how did Mongol soldiers prepare their meat?
4. Who, of historical import, was killed in the Nishapur revolt?
5. When was Borte's first son born?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the most distinctive thing about Genghis Khan's Great Law, particularly in contrast with western European monarchs?
2. What was Genghis Khan's stance on adultery?
3. What revenge tactic did Jmauka employ that severely harmed his image after one of Tejumin's followers murdered one of Jamuka's kinsmen?
4. In a letter from Genghis Khan to a Taoist monk in China, what was Genghis Khan's opinion of himself near the end of his life show?
5. How did Genghis Khan quickly depopulate an area, and for what strategic purpose?
6. What was the result of Temujin's raid with Ong Khan against the Tartars?
7. Genghis Khan opened his succession khuriltai by citing a fable. Summarize the fable Genghis Khan told.
8. What are the Five Snouts?
9. What is group responsibility and group guilt?
10. What conditions did the research team endure during their research of Genghis Khan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the Silk Road? Who controlled the Silk Road before Genghis Khan, and what was its condition? How did Genghis Khan finally control the Silk Road? What did he do to it? Why is the Silk Road so important?
Essay Topic 2
Who was Khubilai Khan? What did he contribute to the making of history? What did he do for the Mongol empire that Genghis Khan did not, or could not? What important advances were made during his reign as Khan?
Essay Topic 3
What was the role of the Mongol empire in China? What did Genghis Khan and Khubilai Khan do for China that nobody had done before? What results did this produce for China? What effects were good, which were bad, and why? What lasting impressions of the Mongol empire are seen today? What aspects of the Mongol invasion were wiped from Chinese memory, and why? What is the general feeling towards Genghis Khan in China today?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)