|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who killed Genghis Khan's older half-brother?
2. At its height, how expansive was the Mongol Empire?
3. Where did Genghis Khan get the idea to write down his laws?
4. What gave the Jurched power over the steppe?
5. When a warrior dies, where does his soul go?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is group responsibility and group guilt?
2. How did Genghis Khan's men prepare for the great hunting celebration during the winter of 1222 - 1223? How did they gather the animals together?
3. What was the result of Temujin's raid with Ong Khan against the Tartars?
4. What was troublesome about Borte's first pregnancy?
5. Who was Botohui-tarhun?
6. How did Jack Weatherford begin his research?
7. How did the people of Kashgar feel about the Mongols?
8. What happened in the winter of 1226 - 1227 when Genghis Khan stopped on his way across the Gobi to hunt wild horses?
9. What was the most distinctive thing about Genghis Khan's Great Law, particularly in contrast with western European monarchs?
10. What happened as soon as the Mongols withdrew from the newly conquered Jurched territory?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the bubonic plague? What effect did it have on the Mongol empire? Explore this in depth, using support from the book to detail the many ways in which the bubonic plague effected the Mongol empire.
Essay Topic 2
Who were Genghis Khan's four sons? What were there personalities? What role did each play in the making of history? Be specific and use details from the book to paint your family portrait.
Essay Topic 3
Who was Jamuka? Why is Jamuka so important to Genghis Khan? Trace the major events and occurrences between the two men, and be sure to cite in what ways they developed as adults. What happened to Jamuka?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)