Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Khuriltai, Genghis Khan called to discuss his succession. Who was the first son invited to speak after Genghis Khan?
2. What kind of education did Genghis Khan receive?
3. Which of the following was not a torture technique used by the famous Holy Roman Emperor Frederick Barbarossa?
4. What were Mongol soldiers forbidden to speak about?
5. Where did Temujin hide when he was raided by the Merkids?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Nicolaus of Cusa?
2. Where did the research team of Jack Weatherford finish their search? What is symbolic about it?
3. What revenge tactic did Jmauka employ that severely harmed his image after one of Tejumin's followers murdered one of Jamuka's kinsmen?
4. In a letter from Genghis Khan to a Taoist monk in China, what was Genghis Khan's opinion of himself near the end of his life show?
5. How did Ong Khan respond to Temujin's first khuriltai?
6. After the Mongols destroyed the Hungarian army, they were able to probe Vienna. Though scared, some Hapsburg troops captured a Mongol officer. What was strange about him?
7. Why did the Mongols face from 1250 - 1270?
8. What was Genghis Khan's stance on adultery?
9. What was special about the mare's milk for Khubilai and his court?
10. What is group responsibility and group guilt?
Essay Topic 1
What was Genghis Khan like as a child? Trace his major accomplishments as a young man, and how he developed into a leader. Who was Genghis Khan when he died?
Essay Topic 2
What effects did the Mongol empire have on Europe? What did the Mongol empire provide to Europe that nobody had done before? What resulted in Europe because of the Mongol presence? What impressions of the Mongol empire can be seen in Europe today?
Essay Topic 3
Who was Jamuka? Why is Jamuka so important to Genghis Khan? Trace the major events and occurrences between the two men, and be sure to cite in what ways they developed as adults. What happened to Jamuka?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)