|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Ong Khan doing as Temujin attacked him?
2. Who prompted the break with Jamuka's clan in 1181?
3. Which of the following was not a torture technique used by the famous Holy Roman Emperor Frederick Barbarossa?
4. When did Borte die?
5. Realizing he made a mistake in his refusal of Temujin, Ong Khan decided to do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Genghis Khan's stance on adultery?
2. In a letter from Genghis Khan to a Taoist monk in China, what was Genghis Khan's opinion of himself near the end of his life show?
3. What was in the caravan Genghis Khan sent to the sultan of Khwarizm?
4. Who was Botohui-tarhun?
5. Describe the Ikh Khorig.
6. What did Jamuka offer Temujin in death?
7. What was troublesome about Borte's first pregnancy?
8. What revenge tactic did Jmauka employ that severely harmed his image after one of Tejumin's followers murdered one of Jamuka's kinsmen?
9. What was the Baljuna Covenant?
10. What was the result of Temujin's raid with Ong Khan against the Tartars?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the nation-state that Genghis Khan created? What was the "Great Law?" What made up the "Great Law?" How did Genghis Khan organize his societies? What important social, cultural, and economic advances did Genghis Khan make in his empire?
Essay Topic 2
How did the Mongol empire effect agriculture in their world? Do those advances or changes have any lasting effect in the modern world? What did the Mongols do to agriculture to change it? What other benefits resulted from those changes? What agriculturally-related laws and rules did the Mongols contribute?
Essay Topic 3
What was happening in the Mongol Empire just before Genghis Khan died? How did Genghis Khan die? How did Genghis Khan try to handle his succession? What actually happened after Genghis Khan passed?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)