|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the first thing the Mongol soldiers did every morning when they broke camp?
2. When was the final battle for control over Mongolia?
3. For how long, after Genghis Khan's death, did his empire continue to grow?
4. Where did Genghis Khan get the idea to write down his laws?
5. How were orders transmitted through the ranks?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who dressed Genghis Khan after he passed, and how was his funeral handled?
2. What made Temujin turn to Mount Burkhan Khaldun in prayer?
3. Describe the steppe.
4. Describe the Ikh Khorig.
5. What did Jamuka offer Temujin in death?
6. How did Genghis Khan's men prepare for the great hunting celebration during the winter of 1222 - 1223? How did they gather the animals together?
7. What was the Great Law of Genghis Khan?
8. How did Genghis Khan quickly depopulate an area, and for what strategic purpose?
9. What was the most distinctive thing about Genghis Khan's Great Law, particularly in contrast with western European monarchs?
10. How did the governor of Khwarizm receive Genghis Khan's caravan? How did the sultan of Khwarizm respond?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was happening in the Mongol Empire just before Genghis Khan died? How did Genghis Khan die? How did Genghis Khan try to handle his succession? What actually happened after Genghis Khan passed?
Essay Topic 2
As great of a man as Genghis Khan was, his image and reputation preceded him to many fronts, and his reputation continues to haunt him even after his passing. Many cultures have false impressions of Genghis Khan. Why? What about these stereotypes are false? What harmful words or ideas have sprung from the misinterpretation of the Mongol spirit?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways do you see the impact of the Mongols, the Mongol Empire, Genghis Khan and Khubilai Khan in the world today? How can you identify those aspects? How can we attribute these bits of the modern world to the Mongols? Be sure to use specific examples of what comes from the Mongols, and why.
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)