|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far did the envoy travel to see King Edward the I of England?
(a) 14,000 kilometers
(b) 4,000 miles.
(c) 7,000 miles.
(d) 9,000 kilometers.
2. What year is the earliest reported Mongol presence in the French court?
3. When did Sokhokhtani die?
(a) January 1253.
(b) October 1251.
(c) March 1250.
(d) February 1252.
4. What did the Mongol women do while the men were on the battlefield?
(a) Kept the home.
(b) Managed the empire.
(c) Drank with Ogodei.
(d) Traveled with the men.
5. What happened if a Mongol, under Khubilai, declared bankruptcy more than two times?
(a) Possible execution.
(c) The rack.
(d) Mongols could not declare bankruptcy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Mongols believe Friar Carpini brought to them?
2. "It is reported, but impossible to verify, that no ____ was censored during Khubilai's reign?"
3. Of all the cultures the Mongols worked with, who had the most advanced pharmacology?
4. How did Guyuk die?
5. Who was the first person Guyuk attacked, in 1246, as a display of his power as khan?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)