|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was life in Xanadu, during 1332?
(a) Alarming and painful.
(b) Boisterous and energetic.
(c) Introspective and intellectual.
(d) Quiet and tranquil.
2. What year did Ogodei die?
3. What name did the family of Genghis Khan take around the summer of 1229?
(a) The Golden Family.
(b) The Giant Family.
(c) The Generous Family.
(d) The Great Family.
4. What was Karakorum?
(a) The traditional garb worn by Ogodei to show his station.
(b) The celebration named for Ogodei's succession.
(c) The capital city established by Ogodei.
(d) The wine ritual used to innagurate Ogodei.
5. Where was the first khuriltai called after Guyuk died?
(b) Lake Issykul.
(c) The steppe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What land did Guyuk wish to control and viewed as most important?
2. What was the most cost-effective way for Khubilai to transport goods during his rule?
3. Who wrote Decameron?
4. How did Ogodei combat the bulkiness of bullion and coinage?
5. How far did the envoy travel to see King Edward the I of England?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Mongols keep numerical track of everything they obtained?
2. What happened to the Mongol forces after they severely harmed the samurai warriors?
3. What was special about the mare's milk for Khubilai and his court?
4. What was superior about the Chinese paper over the parchment made by Europeans?
5. What geographically hindered the Mongols from full victory in Europe?
6. How did Mongke Khan die?
7. What a blitzkrieg?
8. What effect did the Mongols have on the literary arts in China?
9. What happened to Professor Lkhagvasuren's teacher?
10. For most of the twentieth century, who maintained Mongolia?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)