|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gem was most admired by the Mongol peoples?
2. Who was Columbus looking for when he sailed in 1492?
(a) The Mongols.
(b) Marco Polo.
(c) The Native Americans.
(d) The Sung.
3. Who helped form the Mongol alliance with the Sung?
4. The best we know, where did Black Death originate?
(d) South of China.
5. How many criminals were executed during the three decades of Khubilai's rule?
(a) More than 3,000.
(b) More than 3,500.
(c) Less than 1,500.
(d) Less than 2,500.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Khubilai send the heir of the Sung dynasty to study, so he would not rebel?
2. Throughout the Renaissance the Mongols were generally treated with adulation. However, what time period opened up a distinct anti-Asian sentiment?
3. Out of approximately 500 plays from the Yuan dynasty, how many survive today?
4. How did Marco Polo describe the money in circulation under Khubilai?
5. What is airak?
Short Essay Questions
1. By the end of chapter seven, the Mongol empire was divided into four segments. What were they and who was in charge?
2. What geographically hindered the Mongols from full victory in Europe?
3. What a blitzkrieg?
4. What was special about the mare's milk for Khubilai and his court?
5. What happened to Professor Lkhagvasuren's teacher?
6. Where did the research team of Jack Weatherford finish their search? What is symbolic about it?
7. What effect did the Mongols have on the literary arts in China?
8. How did the Mongols adapt the Chinese printing practices?
9. What happened to Arik Boke that caused the end of his life?
10. How did Mongke Khan die?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)