|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many letters were in the alphabetic system that could write all the languages in the world?
2. What is khubi?
(a) A small, cozy nook.
(b) A share in the goods siezed from war.
(c) A rectangular block, used for coloring.
(d) A minature form of Khubilai.
3. Who was the envoy appointed to meet King Edward the I of England?
(a) Rabban Markos.
(b) Rabban Bar Sawma
(c) Mar Denha I.
(d) Isa Kelemechi.
4. What is a she?
(a) A group of 1,000 nobility.
(b) A group of about 50,000 peasants.
(c) A group of 100 nobility.
(d) A group of about 200,000 peasants.
5. Who was ruler of the central steppe, during Khubilai's reign?
Short Answer Questions
1. What land did Subodei wish to invade, when he was about sixty?
2. What name did the family of Genghis Khan take around the summer of 1229?
3. Out of approximately 500 plays from the Yuan dynasty, how many survive today?
4. Whom did the Toregene want to push forward as the next Great Khan?
5. Who called the first khuriltai after Guyuk died?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)