|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which faith did Ogodei fail to build a house for?
2. Who did Khubilai assign the task of creating a single alphabet that could be used to write all the languages in the world?
(a) Lama Phagspa.
(b) Gyalwa Karmapa.
(d) Rinchen Zangpo.
3. What year is the earliest reported Mongol presence in the French court?
4. What happened if a Mongol, under Khubilai, declared bankruptcy more than two times?
(a) Mongols could not declare bankruptcy.
(b) Possible execution.
(d) The rack.
5. How did Jebe and Subodei lead the raid into Georgia?
(a) The Dog Fight strategy.
(b) The Arrow Waterfall strategy.
(c) The Flaming Rain strategy.
(d) The Bursting Star strategy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of all the cultures the Mongols worked with, who had the most advanced pharmacology?
2. Who was Sorkhokhtani?
3. What year did Persia fall from the Mongol rule?
4. In 1272, Khubilai began the construction of what important building?
5. How did Marco Polo describe the money in circulation under Khubilai?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Bayan?
2. Why did the clerics suppose the Mongols were going to ride on Cologne? What happened in 1164 that made them think that way?
3. Where did the research team of Jack Weatherford finish their search? What is symbolic about it?
4. What happened to Professor Lkhagvasuren's teacher?
5. Why did the Mongols face from 1250 - 1270?
6. What a blitzkrieg?
7. What effect did the Mongols have on the literary arts in China?
8. How did the Mongols keep numerical track of everything they obtained?
9. What geographically hindered the Mongols from full victory in Europe?
10. What happened to Arik Boke that caused the end of his life?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)