|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Out of approximately 500 plays from the Yuan dynasty, how many survive today?
2. What is a she?
(a) A group of 1,000 nobility.
(b) A group of about 50,000 peasants.
(c) A group of 100 nobility.
(d) A group of about 200,000 peasants.
3. How did Marco Polo describe the money in circulation under Khubilai?
(a) Dried leaves stamped with insignia.
(b) Gold bullion.
(c) Mulberry bark in rectangular squares.
(d) Silver bars.
4. How did Jebe and Subodei lead the raid into Georgia?
(a) The Dog Fight strategy.
(b) The Bursting Star strategy.
(c) The Flaming Rain strategy.
(d) The Arrow Waterfall strategy.
5. Who called the first khuriltai after Guyuk died?
(a) Oghul Ghaimish.
(d) Batu Khan.
Short Answer Questions
1. The best we know, where did Black Death originate?
2. Where did the Mongols discover the triangular plow?
3. What animal did the plague bacterium live in?
4. "It is reported, but impossible to verify, that no ____ was censored during Khubilai's reign?"
5. What happened if a Mongol, under Khubilai, declared bankruptcy more than two times?
Short Essay Questions
1. By the end of chapter seven, the Mongol empire was divided into four segments. What were they and who was in charge?
2. What happened to the Mongol forces after they severely harmed the samurai warriors?
3. What happened to Professor Lkhagvasuren's teacher?
4. How did Matthew Paris link the Mongols to the Jewish people?
5. What was the first book written in English, and what did it say about Genghis Khan?
6. How did the Mongols keep numerical track of everything they obtained?
7. What happened to the slaves sold to the Italians by the Mongols? Where did they come from and what would they do in a short twenty years?
8. Why did the Golden Family back Arik Boke instead of Khubilai?
9. What was special about the mare's milk for Khubilai and his court?
10. After the Mongols destroyed the Hungarian army, they were able to probe Vienna. Though scared, some Hapsburg troops captured a Mongol officer. What was strange about him?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)