|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which pope issued a papal bull in 1348, ordering the prosecution of the Jews to halt?
(a) Pope Pius VII.
(b) Pope Pius III.
(c) Pope Clement III.
(d) Pope Clement VI.
2. How did Toregene die?
(a) She was banished and starved to death.
(b) She was flogged to death for witchcraft.
(c) She was torured.
(d) It is unclear.
3. Who called the first khuriltai after Guyuk died?
(c) Batu Khan.
(d) Oghul Ghaimish.
4. As the Mongols' position in power began to crumble, mostly due to the lack of trade, what religion was favored by the Mongols?
5. What year did the assigned person present Khubilai with an alphabet that could write all the languages in the world?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the Mongols traditionally begin and measure construction?
2. When did Sokhokhtani die?
3. Who was Shiremun?
4. How many tons of goods did the Mongols move in 1329?
5. Which faith did Ogodei fail to build a house for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the Golden Family back Arik Boke instead of Khubilai?
2. What happened to Arik Boke that caused the end of his life?
3. What was in the tea Khubilai drank the morning after a long night of celebration, and what did it do?
4. By the end of chapter seven, the Mongol empire was divided into four segments. What were they and who was in charge?
5. How did the Soviets adapt Genghis Khan's battle tactics in World War II?
6. What happened to the Mongol forces after they severely harmed the samurai warriors?
7. How did Matthew Paris link the Mongols to the Jewish people?
8. What was special about the mare's milk for Khubilai and his court?
9. What was superior about the Chinese paper over the parchment made by Europeans?
10. How did the people of the city-states of Russia interpret the victory of the Mongols?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)