|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the consensual councils in China, after the Mongols were no longer in power?
(a) They disappeared.
(b) They stayed exactly the same.
(c) The Chinese changed the daily meetings, but kept consensus voting.
(d) The Chineese kept having daily meetings, but a councilor made all the decisions.
2. Who was the first person Guyuk attacked, in 1246, as a display of his power as khan?
(b) Friar Carpini.
3. What did the reliance on imported goods reflect in feudal Europe?
(a) Early shopoholoicism.
(b) Total normalcy.
(c) A failure at home.
(d) Exotic tastes.
4. How did Ogodei combat the bulkiness of bullion and coinage?
(a) Mongols created a system of paper money.
(b) Ogodei creates a system of debit.
(c) Mongols hired others to carry their money.
(d) Ogodei created a system of credit.
5. By 1235, what was the most notable thing Ogodei had accomplished?
(a) Increasing the literacy rate of his people.
(b) Standardize a health code.
(c) Squandering the majority of his father's wealth.
(d) Properly fund public hospitals.
Short Answer Questions
1. By what year did the Mongol method of currency become worthless in China?
2. "It is reported, but impossible to verify, that no ____ was censored during Khubilai's reign?"
3. How did the Mongols traditionally begin and measure construction?
4. Who were the Kipchak?
5. How far did the envoy travel to see King Edward the I of England?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Soviets adapt Genghis Khan's battle tactics in World War II?
2. What was in the tea Khubilai drank the morning after a long night of celebration, and what did it do?
3. What happened to the slaves sold to the Italians by the Mongols? Where did they come from and what would they do in a short twenty years?
4. What a blitzkrieg?
5. Why did the clerics suppose the Mongols were going to ride on Cologne? What happened in 1164 that made them think that way?
6. What do "generous scholars" attribute to Khubilai's frequent delays during the war with the Sung?
7. Why and how did the Mongols promote education in China?
8. By the end of chapter seven, the Mongol empire was divided into four segments. What were they and who was in charge?
9. How did the Mongols keep numerical track of everything they obtained?
10. How did Matthew Paris link the Mongols to the Jewish people?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)