|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who ruled the Moghuls from 1556 until 1608, the zenith of that empire?
(c) Miran Shah.
2. What is airak?
(a) Mongolian perperation for cooking sheep.
(b) The celebration dance performned by Sorkhokhtani.
(c) The special relationship between two Khan sons.
(d) Fermented mare's milk.
3. What animal did the plague bacterium live in?
4. Who helped form the Mongol alliance with the Sung?
5. Who was the envoy appointed to meet King Edward the I of England?
(a) Rabban Markos.
(b) Rabban Bar Sawma
(c) Mar Denha I.
(d) Isa Kelemechi.
Short Answer Questions
1. Throughout the Renaissance the Mongols were generally treated with adulation. However, what time period opened up a distinct anti-Asian sentiment?
2. What happened to the consensual councils in China, after the Mongols were no longer in power?
3. What year did Ogodei die?
4. How many people did Mongke execute within Ogodei's lineage?
5. To whom did Ogodei convey most of his administrative power?
Short Essay Questions
1. After the Mongols destroyed the Hungarian army, they were able to probe Vienna. Though scared, some Hapsburg troops captured a Mongol officer. What was strange about him?
2. Who was Nicolaus of Cusa?
3. What was special about the mare's milk for Khubilai and his court?
4. What effect did the Mongols have on the literary arts in China?
5. What happened to the Mongol forces after they severely harmed the samurai warriors?
6. What happened to Arik Boke that caused the end of his life?
7. Where did the research team of Jack Weatherford finish their search? What is symbolic about it?
8. What geographically hindered the Mongols from full victory in Europe?
9. Why did the Mongols face from 1250 - 1270?
10. How did the Mongols keep numerical track of everything they obtained?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)