|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who called the first khuriltai after Guyuk died?
(a) Oghul Ghaimish.
(c) Batu Khan.
2. What year did Persia fall from the Mongol rule?
3. What did the Mongols believe Friar Carpini brought to them?
(a) Goods from Europe.
(b) Submission from the Pope.
(c) A message of war.
(d) Information on Christianity and Jesus.
4. What happened to the consensual councils in China, after the Mongols were no longer in power?
(a) They disappeared.
(b) The Chinese changed the daily meetings, but kept consensus voting.
(c) The Chineese kept having daily meetings, but a councilor made all the decisions.
(d) They stayed exactly the same.
5. What did the Mongol women do while the men were on the battlefield?
(a) Drank with Ogodei.
(b) Kept the home.
(c) Traveled with the men.
(d) Managed the empire.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom did Ogodei convey most of his administrative power?
2. How many letters were in the alphabetic system that could write all the languages in the world?
3. By what year did the Mongol method of currency become worthless in China?
4. Who were the Kipchak?
5. In what way did the Mongols change the rank of a merchant?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Mongols keep numerical track of everything they obtained?
2. What happened to Arik Boke that caused the end of his life?
3. Why did the clerics suppose the Mongols were going to ride on Cologne? What happened in 1164 that made them think that way?
4. Why did the Golden Family back Arik Boke instead of Khubilai?
5. How did Matthew Paris link the Mongols to the Jewish people?
6. What geographically hindered the Mongols from full victory in Europe?
7. What was superior about the Chinese paper over the parchment made by Europeans?
8. Why and how did the Mongols promote education in China?
9. For most of the twentieth century, who maintained Mongolia?
10. How did Mongke Khan die?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)