|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote Decameron?
(a) Leon Battista Alberti.
(b) Poggio Bracciolini.
(c) Cardinal Basilios Bessarion.
(d) Giovanni Boccaccio.
2. Who ruled the Moghuls from 1556 until 1608, the zenith of that empire?
(b) Miran Shah.
3. Who penned the first known encyclopedia of natural history, in France?
(a) Carolus Linnaeus.
(b) Comte de Buffon.
(c) Jean-Baptiste Lamarck.
(d) Andrea Cesalpino.
4. Who was Sorkhokhtani?
(a) The ruler of Persia.
(b) The widow of Chaghatai and ruler of Asia and Turkestan.
(c) The widow of Tolui and ruler of northern China and eastern Mongolia.
(d) The ruler of Mongolia.
5. What land did Guyuk wish to control and viewed as most important?
Short Answer Questions
1. What year did Persia fall from the Mongol rule?
2. What gem was most admired by the Mongol peoples?
3. How long did it take Friar Giovanni of Plano Carpini to travel to the Mongol court?
4. How many flights of stairs led to Ogodei's throne?
5. In what way did the Mongols change the rank of a merchant?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the Golden Family back Arik Boke instead of Khubilai?
2. What happened to the slaves sold to the Italians by the Mongols? Where did they come from and what would they do in a short twenty years?
3. What was in the tea Khubilai drank the morning after a long night of celebration, and what did it do?
4. What do "generous scholars" attribute to Khubilai's frequent delays during the war with the Sung?
5. How did the Soviets adapt Genghis Khan's battle tactics in World War II?
6. What was special about the mare's milk for Khubilai and his court?
7. What was superior about the Chinese paper over the parchment made by Europeans?
8. What was the first book written in English, and what did it say about Genghis Khan?
9. Why did the clerics suppose the Mongols were going to ride on Cologne? What happened in 1164 that made them think that way?
10. What happened to Arik Boke that caused the end of his life?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)