|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many schools are recorded as being created during the reign of Khubilai Khan?
2. Of all the cultures the Mongols worked with, who had the most advanced pharmacology?
(a) The Europeans.
(b) The Chinese.
(c) The Indians.
(d) The Persians.
3. How many priests did Khubilai request the Marco brothers send to the Mongol courts?
4. How many tons of goods did the Mongols move in 1329?
(a) 327,000 tons.
(b) 210,000 tons.
(c) 100,000 tons.
(d) 150,000 tons.
5. What was Karakorum?
(a) The celebration named for Ogodei's succession.
(b) The traditional garb worn by Ogodei to show his station.
(c) The wine ritual used to innagurate Ogodei.
(d) The capital city established by Ogodei.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way did the Mongols change the rank of a merchant?
2. Who was Shiremun?
3. Who was the first person Guyuk attacked, in 1246, as a display of his power as khan?
4. How long did it take Friar Giovanni of Plano Carpini to travel to the Mongol court?
5. What animal did the plague bacterium live in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Bayan?
2. What was superior about the Chinese paper over the parchment made by Europeans?
3. For most of the twentieth century, who maintained Mongolia?
4. What happened on February 14, 1349?
5. What happened to Professor Lkhagvasuren's teacher?
6. Why did the Golden Family back Arik Boke instead of Khubilai?
7. How did the Mongols keep numerical track of everything they obtained?
8. How did the Mongols adapt the Chinese printing practices?
9. How did Mongke Khan die?
10. What happened to Arik Boke that caused the end of his life?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)