|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Throughout the Renaissance the Mongols were generally treated with adulation. However, what time period opened up a distinct anti-Asian sentiment?
(a) The Mideival Ages.
(b) The Dark Ages.
(c) The Enlightenment.
(d) The Middle Ages.
2. Who was Shiremun?
(a) Ogodei's favorite son.
(b) Ogodei's favorite grandson.
(c) Ogodei's biggest rival.
(d) Ogodei's biggest critic.
3. When did Sokhokhtani die?
(a) October 1251.
(b) February 1252.
(c) January 1253.
(d) March 1250.
4. What year was Ogodei installed?
5. What did the Mongols believe Friar Carpini brought to them?
(a) A message of war.
(b) Goods from Europe.
(c) Information on Christianity and Jesus.
(d) Submission from the Pope.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1272, Khubilai began the construction of what important building?
2. What was Kerchagan?
3. Who was Sorkhokhtani?
4. What river's origin did Khubilai launch an expedition to discover in 1281?
5. In what way did the Mongols change the rank of a merchant?
Short Essay Questions
1. What geographically hindered the Mongols from full victory in Europe?
2. What was in the tea Khubilai drank the morning after a long night of celebration, and what did it do?
3. What happened to the Mongol forces after they severely harmed the samurai warriors?
4. What happened to Professor Lkhagvasuren's teacher?
5. Why did the Golden Family back Arik Boke instead of Khubilai?
6. How did the Mongols adapt the Chinese printing practices?
7. What a blitzkrieg?
8. What happened on February 14, 1349?
9. Why and how did the Mongols promote education in China?
10. What was special about the mare's milk for Khubilai and his court?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)