|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who called the first khuriltai after Guyuk died?
(c) Batu Khan.
(d) Oghul Ghaimish.
2. What did the Mongol women do while the men were on the battlefield?
(a) Drank with Ogodei.
(b) Managed the empire.
(c) Traveled with the men.
(d) Kept the home.
3. What year is the earliest reported Mongol presence in the French court?
4. How did Jebe and Subodei lead the raid into Georgia?
(a) The Bursting Star strategy.
(b) The Arrow Waterfall strategy.
(c) The Dog Fight strategy.
(d) The Flaming Rain strategy.
5. Where did Hulegu rule during Khubilai's reign?
(a) Modern-day Kyrgystan.
(d) Modern-day Nepal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Khubilai send the heir of the Sung dynasty to study, so he would not rebel?
2. What land did Subodei wish to invade, when he was about sixty?
3. What was Karakorum?
4. Who wrote Decameron?
5. What name did the family of Genghis Khan take around the summer of 1229?
Short Essay Questions
1. What effect did the Mongols have on the literary arts in China?
2. Who was Bayan?
3. Where did the research team of Jack Weatherford finish their search? What is symbolic about it?
4. What three inventions did Francis Bacon recognize as the foundation of modern world? Why is this important?
5. What was superior about the Chinese paper over the parchment made by Europeans?
6. What geographically hindered the Mongols from full victory in Europe?
7. Why did the Mongols face from 1250 - 1270?
8. What was the first book written in English, and what did it say about Genghis Khan?
9. By the end of chapter seven, the Mongol empire was divided into four segments. What were they and who was in charge?
10. What happened on February 14, 1349?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)