|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal did the plague bacterium live in?
2. How did Marco Polo describe the money in circulation under Khubilai?
(a) Mulberry bark in rectangular squares.
(b) Dried leaves stamped with insignia.
(c) Silver bars.
(d) Gold bullion.
3. Who was Shiremun?
(a) Ogodei's biggest rival.
(b) Ogodei's favorite son.
(c) Ogodei's biggest critic.
(d) Ogodei's favorite grandson.
4. What river's origin did Khubilai launch an expedition to discover in 1281?
(a) The Yellow River.
(b) The Indus River.
(c) The Euphrates River.
(d) The Aras River.
5. Who helped form the Mongol alliance with the Sung?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Karakorum?
2. Who called the first khuriltai after Guyuk died?
3. What type of fiber did Khubilai wish to promote by the creation of an aptly named Bureau in 1289?
4. What did the Mongol women do while the men were on the battlefield?
5. By 1235, what was the most notable thing Ogodei had accomplished?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the Mongols face from 1250 - 1270?
2. Why and how did the Mongols promote education in China?
3. What do "generous scholars" attribute to Khubilai's frequent delays during the war with the Sung?
4. What was in the tea Khubilai drank the morning after a long night of celebration, and what did it do?
5. How did Matthew Paris link the Mongols to the Jewish people?
6. What a blitzkrieg?
7. How did the people of the city-states of Russia interpret the victory of the Mongols?
8. How did Mongke Khan die?
9. Why did the clerics suppose the Mongols were going to ride on Cologne? What happened in 1164 that made them think that way?
10. What happened to Professor Lkhagvasuren's teacher?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)