|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year did Ogodei die?
2. Who was ruler of the central steppe, during Khubilai's reign?
3. How did Toregene die?
(a) She was torured.
(b) It is unclear.
(c) She was flogged to death for witchcraft.
(d) She was banished and starved to death.
4. How did Ogodei influence merchants to seek him out?
(a) Ogodei would kill merchants who didn't seek him out.
(b) Ogodei would punish the families of the merchants who didn't seek him out.
(c) Ogodei often paid twice as much as the asking price.
(d) Ogodei adopted many merchants into his family.
5. What year did China fall from Mongol rule?
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom did Ogodei convey most of his administrative power?
2. Who was the envoy appointed to meet King Edward the I of England?
3. Which faith did Ogodei fail to build a house for?
4. How many schools are recorded as being created during the reign of Khubilai Khan?
5. As the Mongol empire began to fall down, who in central Asia claimed to be a descendant of Genghis Khan?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do "generous scholars" attribute to Khubilai's frequent delays during the war with the Sung?
2. For most of the twentieth century, who maintained Mongolia?
3. What happened to Professor Lkhagvasuren's teacher?
4. What was special about the mare's milk for Khubilai and his court?
5. Who was Nicolaus of Cusa?
6. What three inventions did Francis Bacon recognize as the foundation of modern world? Why is this important?
7. By the end of chapter seven, the Mongol empire was divided into four segments. What were they and who was in charge?
8. Who was Bayan?
9. How did the Mongols keep numerical track of everything they obtained?
10. After the Mongols destroyed the Hungarian army, they were able to probe Vienna. Though scared, some Hapsburg troops captured a Mongol officer. What was strange about him?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)