|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ogodei make the centerpiece of the palace?
(a) A series of lakes for waterfowl.
(b) His throne.
(c) A giant chess-set.
(d) A series of gold and silver wine vats.
2. Western scholars have designated the fourteenth century as what?
(a) The Pax Mongolica.
(b) The age of the Bubonic Terror.
(c) The Golden Age of Europe.
(d) The Silken Era.
3. What did Khubilai change his name to in 1264?
(a) Khubilai Khan.
(b) Zhiyuan, or Chih-yuan.
(c) Arik Boke.
(d) The Great Khan.
4. What year did China fall from Mongol rule?
5. How many people did Mongke execute within Ogodei's lineage?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Marco Polo describe the money in circulation under Khubilai?
2. What land did Subodei wish to invade, when he was about sixty?
3. How did Ogodei combat the bulkiness of bullion and coinage?
4. How did Ogodei influence merchants to seek him out?
5. In 1263, Khubilai began the construction of what important building?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the first book written in English, and what did it say about Genghis Khan?
2. How did Mongke Khan die?
3. What was in the tea Khubilai drank the morning after a long night of celebration, and what did it do?
4. What happened to Professor Lkhagvasuren's teacher?
5. After the Mongols destroyed the Hungarian army, they were able to probe Vienna. Though scared, some Hapsburg troops captured a Mongol officer. What was strange about him?
6. What effect did the Mongols have on the literary arts in China?
7. How did the Mongols adapt the Chinese printing practices?
8. Why did the Mongols face from 1250 - 1270?
9. What happened to the Mongol forces after they severely harmed the samurai warriors?
10. Why and how did the Mongols promote education in China?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)