|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Guyuk serve as the Great Khan?
(a) Eighteen months.
(b) One year.
(c) Three years.
(d) Six months.
2. How many flights of stairs led to Ogodei's throne?
3. In what way did the Mongols change the rank of a merchant?
(a) They elevated merchants second to only government officials.
(b) Merchants were downgraded to criminals.
(c) Merchants were no better than prostitutes, the Mongols kept it that way.
(d) Merchants were elevated to the rank just below religious officials.
4. What happened to the consensual councils in China, after the Mongols were no longer in power?
(a) They stayed exactly the same.
(b) They disappeared.
(c) The Chinese changed the daily meetings, but kept consensus voting.
(d) The Chineese kept having daily meetings, but a councilor made all the decisions.
5. Which pope issued a papal bull in 1348, ordering the prosecution of the Jews to halt?
(a) Pope Clement III.
(b) Pope Pius III.
(c) Pope Clement VI.
(d) Pope Pius VII.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Guyuk die?
2. How did the Mongols traditionally begin and measure construction?
3. What is airak?
4. Who was Shiremun?
5. As the Mongols' position in power began to crumble, mostly due to the lack of trade, what religion was favored by the Mongols?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Matthew Paris link the Mongols to the Jewish people?
2. Who was Nicolaus of Cusa?
3. What happened to Professor Lkhagvasuren's teacher?
4. What a blitzkrieg?
5. What geographically hindered the Mongols from full victory in Europe?
6. Where did the research team of Jack Weatherford finish their search? What is symbolic about it?
7. What do "generous scholars" attribute to Khubilai's frequent delays during the war with the Sung?
8. What happened on February 14, 1349?
9. By the end of chapter seven, the Mongol empire was divided into four segments. What were they and who was in charge?
10. Why did the Mongols face from 1250 - 1270?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)