|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helped form the Mongol alliance with the Sung?
2. What was the shared name of the three princes who commanded the Christian cities of the plain in 1223?
3. How did Jebe and Subodei lead the raid into Georgia?
(a) The Arrow Waterfall strategy.
(b) The Flaming Rain strategy.
(c) The Dog Fight strategy.
(d) The Bursting Star strategy.
4. What became of Khanbalik, also known as Dadu?
(a) It is now known as Shanghai
(b) It is now known as Seoul.
(c) It is now known as Beijing.
(d) It was destroyed in 1357.
5. In 1272, Khubilai began the construction of what important building?
(a) A public hospital for the Chinese.
(b) A Chinese-style imperial capital.
(c) A library to promote literacy.
(d) An ancestral temple for his family.
Short Answer Questions
1. In an effort to improve the lives of farmers and their crops, Khubilai created what office in 1261?
2. As the Mongols' position in power began to crumble, mostly due to the lack of trade, what religion was favored by the Mongols?
3. What did the Mongols believe Friar Carpini brought to them?
4. How long did Guyuk serve as the Great Khan?
5. When did Sokhokhtani die?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to the slaves sold to the Italians by the Mongols? Where did they come from and what would they do in a short twenty years?
2. What a blitzkrieg?
3. Who was Nicolaus of Cusa?
4. Why and how did the Mongols promote education in China?
5. What do "generous scholars" attribute to Khubilai's frequent delays during the war with the Sung?
6. What was the first book written in English, and what did it say about Genghis Khan?
7. What was in the tea Khubilai drank the morning after a long night of celebration, and what did it do?
8. What happened to Arik Boke that caused the end of his life?
9. After the Mongols destroyed the Hungarian army, they were able to probe Vienna. Though scared, some Hapsburg troops captured a Mongol officer. What was strange about him?
10. How did the Mongols adapt the Chinese printing practices?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)