|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Khubilai assign the task of creating a single alphabet that could be used to write all the languages in the world?
(a) Gyalwa Karmapa.
(b) Rinchen Zangpo.
(d) Lama Phagspa.
2. Who wrote Decameron?
(a) Poggio Bracciolini.
(b) Cardinal Basilios Bessarion.
(c) Giovanni Boccaccio.
(d) Leon Battista Alberti.
3. The best we know, where did Black Death originate?
(c) South of China.
4. Which faith did Ogodei fail to build a house for?
5. How did Guyuk die?
(a) He was killed by Sorkhokhtani.
(b) He was killed by a warring tribe.
(c) Nobody knows.
(d) He was killed by his own torture methods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is khubi?
2. What happened if a Mongol, under Khubilai, declared bankruptcy more than two times?
3. How many people did Mongke execute within Ogodei's lineage?
4. What year did Ogodei die?
5. What was life in Xanadu, during 1332?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was special about the mare's milk for Khubilai and his court?
2. What three inventions did Francis Bacon recognize as the foundation of modern world? Why is this important?
3. By the end of chapter seven, the Mongol empire was divided into four segments. What were they and who was in charge?
4. Why did the Golden Family back Arik Boke instead of Khubilai?
5. Why and how did the Mongols promote education in China?
6. What effect did the Mongols have on the literary arts in China?
7. How did the Mongols adapt the Chinese printing practices?
8. What geographically hindered the Mongols from full victory in Europe?
9. How did the people of the city-states of Russia interpret the victory of the Mongols?
10. How did the Soviets adapt Genghis Khan's battle tactics in World War II?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)