|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1263, Khubilai began the construction of what important building?
(a) An ancestral temple for his family.
(b) A public hospital for the Chinese.
(c) A courthouse to uphold Chinese law.
(d) A library to promote literacy.
2. What did the Mongol women do while the men were on the battlefield?
(a) Traveled with the men.
(b) Drank with Ogodei.
(c) Managed the empire.
(d) Kept the home.
3. How did Guyuk die?
(a) Nobody knows.
(b) He was killed by his own torture methods.
(c) He was killed by Sorkhokhtani.
(d) He was killed by a warring tribe.
4. How did the Mongols traditionally begin and measure construction?
(a) A man's step.
(b) A horse's gallop.
(c) A catapult throw.
(d) A bowshot.
5. The Ming briefly moved the capital city of China to what place?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Ogodei influence merchants to seek him out?
2. When did the Mongol forces, with the help of Bayan, overtake the Sung capital of Hangzhou?
3. How long did it take Friar Giovanni of Plano Carpini to travel to the Mongol court?
4. Who was Shiremun?
5. In 1272, Khubilai began the construction of what important building?
Short Essay Questions
1. What effect did the Mongols have on the literary arts in China?
2. What happened to Professor Lkhagvasuren's teacher?
3. What geographically hindered the Mongols from full victory in Europe?
4. What happened to the slaves sold to the Italians by the Mongols? Where did they come from and what would they do in a short twenty years?
5. How did the Soviets adapt Genghis Khan's battle tactics in World War II?
6. What happened to the Mongol forces after they severely harmed the samurai warriors?
7. What a blitzkrieg?
8. How did Matthew Paris link the Mongols to the Jewish people?
9. What was the first book written in English, and what did it say about Genghis Khan?
10. What was special about the mare's milk for Khubilai and his court?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)