|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the Mongols' position in power began to crumble, mostly due to the lack of trade, what religion was favored by the Mongols?
2. Who did Khubilai assign the task of creating a single alphabet that could be used to write all the languages in the world?
(b) Lama Phagspa.
(c) Rinchen Zangpo.
(d) Gyalwa Karmapa.
3. What happened to the consensual councils in China, after the Mongols were no longer in power?
(a) The Chineese kept having daily meetings, but a councilor made all the decisions.
(b) They stayed exactly the same.
(c) The Chinese changed the daily meetings, but kept consensus voting.
(d) They disappeared.
4. Who was Shiremun?
(a) Ogodei's biggest critic.
(b) Ogodei's favorite son.
(c) Ogodei's favorite grandson.
(d) Ogodei's biggest rival.
5. By 1235, what was the most notable thing Ogodei had accomplished?
(a) Standardize a health code.
(b) Properly fund public hospitals.
(c) Increasing the literacy rate of his people.
(d) Squandering the majority of his father's wealth.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1272, Khubilai began the construction of what important building?
2. How many tons of goods did the Mongols move in 1329?
3. How did Jebe and Subodei lead the raid into Georgia?
4. What year did Persia fall from the Mongol rule?
5. How did Toregene die?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the Mongols face from 1250 - 1270?
2. What happened to the slaves sold to the Italians by the Mongols? Where did they come from and what would they do in a short twenty years?
3. What geographically hindered the Mongols from full victory in Europe?
4. Who was Bayan?
5. What happened to Arik Boke that caused the end of his life?
6. How did the Soviets adapt Genghis Khan's battle tactics in World War II?
7. How did the Mongols adapt the Chinese printing practices?
8. What a blitzkrieg?
9. How did Matthew Paris link the Mongols to the Jewish people?
10. What happened on February 14, 1349?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)