|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people did Mongke execute within Ogodei's lineage?
2. To whom did Ogodei convey most of his administrative power?
3. What animal did the plague bacterium live in?
4. Who penned the first known encyclopedia of natural history, in France?
(a) Carolus Linnaeus.
(b) Andrea Cesalpino.
(c) Comte de Buffon.
(d) Jean-Baptiste Lamarck.
5. Who was the envoy appointed to meet King Edward the I of England?
(a) Rabban Markos.
(b) Rabban Bar Sawma
(c) Mar Denha I.
(d) Isa Kelemechi.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year did Persia fall from the Mongol rule?
2. Who was Sorkhokhtani?
3. In 1263, Khubilai began the construction of what important building?
4. How many members of the Golden Family occupied the throne between the years of 1328 and 1332?
5. Who was Columbus looking for when he sailed in 1492?
Short Essay Questions
1. For most of the twentieth century, who maintained Mongolia?
2. How did the Soviets adapt Genghis Khan's battle tactics in World War II?
3. By the end of chapter seven, the Mongol empire was divided into four segments. What were they and who was in charge?
4. What happened to Arik Boke that caused the end of his life?
5. How did the people of the city-states of Russia interpret the victory of the Mongols?
6. Who was Nicolaus of Cusa?
7. What happened to the slaves sold to the Italians by the Mongols? Where did they come from and what would they do in a short twenty years?
8. What was superior about the Chinese paper over the parchment made by Europeans?
9. Why did the clerics suppose the Mongols were going to ride on Cologne? What happened in 1164 that made them think that way?
10. What do "generous scholars" attribute to Khubilai's frequent delays during the war with the Sung?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)