|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is khubi?
(a) A share in the goods siezed from war.
(b) A minature form of Khubilai.
(c) A rectangular block, used for coloring.
(d) A small, cozy nook.
2. In 1263, Khubilai began the construction of what important building?
(a) A library to promote literacy.
(b) A public hospital for the Chinese.
(c) An ancestral temple for his family.
(d) A courthouse to uphold Chinese law.
3. What was the most cost-effective way for Khubilai to transport goods during his rule?
(a) By air.
(b) By water.
(c) By caravan.
(d) By horse.
4. By 1235, what was the most notable thing Ogodei had accomplished?
(a) Standardize a health code.
(b) Increasing the literacy rate of his people.
(c) Squandering the majority of his father's wealth.
(d) Properly fund public hospitals.
5. Who called the first khuriltai after Guyuk died?
(a) Oghul Ghaimish.
(d) Batu Khan.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Marco Polo describe the money in circulation under Khubilai?
2. Who ruled the Moghuls from 1556 until 1608, the zenith of that empire?
3. How far did the envoy travel to see King Edward the I of England?
4. Whom did the Toregene want to push forward as the next Great Khan?
5. How many people did Mongke execute within Ogodei's lineage?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)