|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who called the first khuriltai after Guyuk died?
(a) Batu Khan.
(c) Oghul Ghaimish.
2. Who was Columbus looking for when he sailed in 1492?
(a) The Sung.
(b) The Native Americans.
(c) The Mongols.
(d) Marco Polo.
3. In 1272, Khubilai began the construction of what important building?
(a) An ancestral temple for his family.
(b) A library to promote literacy.
(c) A public hospital for the Chinese.
(d) A Chinese-style imperial capital.
4. How did the Mongols traditionally begin and measure construction?
(a) A horse's gallop.
(b) A man's step.
(c) A catapult throw.
(d) A bowshot.
5. How many people did Mongke execute within Ogodei's lineage?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Guyuk serve as the Great Khan?
2. Who ruled the Moghuls from 1556 until 1608, the zenith of that empire?
3. How did Ogodei influence merchants to seek him out?
4. What name did the family of Genghis Khan take around the summer of 1229?
5. By what year did the Mongol method of currency become worthless in China?
Short Essay Questions
1. What three inventions did Francis Bacon recognize as the foundation of modern world? Why is this important?
2. What was special about the mare's milk for Khubilai and his court?
3. How did Mongke Khan die?
4. What happened to the slaves sold to the Italians by the Mongols? Where did they come from and what would they do in a short twenty years?
5. What was the first book written in English, and what did it say about Genghis Khan?
6. What geographically hindered the Mongols from full victory in Europe?
7. What was superior about the Chinese paper over the parchment made by Europeans?
8. What effect did the Mongols have on the literary arts in China?
9. Why did the Mongols face from 1250 - 1270?
10. Who was Bayan?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)